The Drain Man

• Rates and Fees
Lucky

Lucky

Very sneaky

Agreed to do leak detection for burst pipe but sent invoice for clearing storm water drains.
When the error was pointed out Brendon said they need to update their wording.
Then said they will cancel. Refused to refund even though job wasn't carried out.

Hafiz A.

Hafiz A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Kudos to andrew aka the drain man for helping me out on the road the other day when my car broke down due to no petrol, he helped me out without any comments or anything due to its a rookie mistake. May your business prosper ! Cheers.

Rip Off - Waste of Money

We had a bad smell coming from bathroom sink drain. We had to pay $495 upfront and no refund. He came, filled the bath (took time) let it out. Got the camera thingy, looked in the outside drain, took a 10 min phone call sat on the bathroom floor and told us he was running out of time. The son of Brendan (The Drain Man) told us there was nothing he could do and it could be a possum in the roof. Then he left.

Lis

Lis

Fantastic job

Fantastic job I had blocked drains didn’t know what to do then someone suggested calling the Drain man no problem they were out immediately stayed until the problem got fixed now as good as ever

Sally S.

Sally S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Literally your money will go down the drain!

3 hours of searching with cameras and cutting pipes in several areas of our property with zero answers for $1,200. Bloke left us with a muddy mess saying it would be a week or two before he could get back to us. The next day we located and fixed the problem ourselves which was a small crack in the original pipe we thought was the problem. Complete and total waste of $1,200...stay away and save your money, they are no drain experts! Dreadful experience.

bonnie

bonnieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

$495.00 "down the drain".

Plumber was given wrong address even after me spelling it out. Inspected with camera and couldn't find anything wrong. Certainly seemed like there was a problem to me, otherwise why would I ring at all. Packed up. At my request asked them to do it again so I could see for myself. Oh, yes a crack in pipe. (I wonder) Would have spent 40 minutes on job if I hadn't requested a 2nd inspection. There for about an hour.

Rod

RodGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Pathetic

Happy Camper

Happy CamperGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Blocked Storm Water Tree Roots ???????

Drain man was unable to get camera down pipes to see exactly what was going on. Put pressure head down pipe and eventually got it stuck in pipes and was unable to remove. Told us that we would need to smash up the concrete then replace storm-water pipes and then ring him once we retrieved his equipment so he could get it back and walked away. Rang an experienced real plumber who then found the issue and was resolved without the need to spend thousands doing what The Drain Man had told us previously. Would not recommend The Drain Man to anyone. $500 Wasted and could have been a lot worse if we had gone with their recommendation

Scammed

ScammedGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

"We don't give refunds!"

Soooooooo expensive $24,000!

Paid the initial $495 to come out and inspect blocked sewer drain. Problem was broken pipe deep down, so $21,000 to reline it, plus $176 per 30 mins of drilling time, which added up to a further $2,420. Very pleasant and efficient guys but still having trouble gaining the promised vision from their camera and the warranty. I have had to rely on their advice that it was deep down. - l still have no evidence, $24,000 later. I paid on the day of repair.

David

DavidSydney, NSW

Block drain

Can't fix the problem. Promise to spend another half an hour but same thing still block. They told me call the Sydney water for help instead. Talk about professional. Very unreliable. My advise Go some way else.

Aussie

AussieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ripped off with Deposit

Punctual and professional service

The team ( Dean) arrived on time and were courteous caring and professional.
They explained the process and proceeded with care being taken not to leave dirt inside the home.
The problem was solved in a difficult access environment.
Top marks and I would highly recommend them.

Effective and efficient plumbing service

For years we have been grappling with finding the best plumbing service provider in Melbourne. Today Todd Dover from the Drain Man came to our home and eliminated all of our concerns that we may not get a quality plumbing service whenever a problem emerges. Henceforth we will only ever consider the Drain Man for all and any plumbing service we may require. Todd was mannerly and respectful, and his knowledge, skill and judgement was immediately obvious as he routinely attended to our drain blockage. Thanks Todd.

From Tom and Elizabeth in Balwyn

Jumana

JumanaSydney, NSW

Rip off service - Never again

Bad service. They mention to you on the phone they charge $49.00 flat rate every day to assess how much the job will cost. They assess by looking only and overprice the job almost the triple. And if you don’t agree to go ahead you have to pay the $49.00. So it is a win win scenario for them. Never again to call them.

Tracey R

Tracey RVictoria

After one of the smelliest and messiest days I was saved by Shane the Drain man. From the time of booking to the end of fixing the problem the service was prompt and professional. Shane was excellent ,empathic and very professional he saved my day! Thanks Shane and thanks 3AW for ingraining the advertisement in my brain.

Block storm water drain

Gabriel arrived on time today in Keilor Downs and cleared my blocked storm water drain. He was most professional, explained what he was doing and was polite. Based on this experience I would highly recommend The Drain Man.
Emil

Pat

PatGlendenning

Your kidding.

Was quoted $500.00 for the first hour Then extra for every 30 minutes after that for a simple blocked sewer!!!! PLEASE!!! I want to work for the Drain Man looks like a liscence to print money!!!

Attempted Rip Off

My experience, I called the Drain Man over for a blocked sewage pipe, heard them advertise on 3AW so thought they would be good. The plumber flushed the blockage but then found a broken pipe in the boundary trap, they quoted me over $12,000.00, yes that's right over $12,000.00 to fix it by relining, I asked can't you dig down to fix it as it is only soil above it no concrete? the Drain Man plumber told me, no have to reline it, I felt I was being ripped off so asked him to leave. Got another plumber who dug down with a bob cat and replaced the pipe for $1,800.00 and that included the hire of the bob cat. I would not recommend this company, pity anybody that relies on them doing the best for them, rip off merchants.

mary

mary

Excellent service

Initially we had a very friendly and efficient call from a girl at the Drain Man telling us that the boys would be there on Thursday between 12 and 4. Guess what! They arrived exactly on time. Unusual in this day and age. They worked efficiently and repaired the problem with a smile. They left a bladder on overnight and the next day they returned by eight am to check it. All fixed!
Staff were all friendly, efficient and left the worksite spotless.
Would recommend this firm without hesitation.