The Drain Man

• Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
Ando

AndoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Punctual and informative but very expensive and no better than any other plumber.

Their advertising suggests they can fix issues with exclusive techniques and equipment. This is not the case. Shop around carefully and don't believe their hype. They have the same equipment available to any other plumber and cannot perform miracles. I would not use them again but would instead use a recommended local plumber who doesn't have a large advertising budget to pay for.

Lina

LinaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A great tradesman experience

I would like to recommend Andrew, from The Drain Man, who arrived promptly to unclog our drain. He was polite and efficient, explained the problem clearly and worked quickly to find and eliminate tree roots.

GPM27

GPM27Southwest, VIC

Extortion

Hourly rates are an absolute joke, they weren't able to fix our drainage issue, and charged us for more time than the guy was at our house. They then completely ignored our complaint about the overcharging of time. Save yourself a fortune and use any other plumber.

sashang

sashangGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Plumbers that don't replace pipes

It wasn't made clear to me that they only fix broken pipes by relining. So I paid for the cctv camera work ($495) and at the end I was told by the 'plumber' that they only do relining, which was $6000. I was under the assumption that plumbers can also the dig and replace the broken pipes, but these guys can't do that.

emzam

emzamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Drainman quote - too expensive

Guys at the Drainman were very courteous and ready to help to fix an ongoing problem. Thanks guys.
Quote given for work required was for 10 Metres of sewerage reinstatement requiring a root grind followed by an internal re-line of the sewerage line back to the main sewer pass-by of our property.
Problem was, for the perceived value of the work required, the quote was too expensive.
Job can be done by most plumbers & drain repair companies who use the exact same technology anyway, so make sure you get quotes from other reputable companies before you sign up.

Steve

SteveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Caution $

Charged THREE times more than regular plumber for same job, exactly, except Drainman has the gimmick of the camera.
They also siliconed the toilet back to the wall and then denied it and refused to fix it.
Don't believe their ads... Huge ripoff

Lucky

Lucky

Very sneaky

Agreed to do leak detection for burst pipe but sent invoice for clearing storm water drains.
When the error was pointed out Brendon said they need to update their wording.
Then said they will cancel. Refused to refund even though job wasn't carried out.

Hafiz A.

Hafiz A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Kudos to andrew aka the drain man for helping me out on the road the other day when my car broke down due to no petrol, he helped me out without any comments or anything due to its a rookie mistake. May your business prosper ! Cheers.

Rip Off - Waste of Money

We had a bad smell coming from bathroom sink drain. We had to pay $495 upfront and no refund. He came, filled the bath (took time) let it out. Got the camera thingy, looked in the outside drain, took a 10 min phone call sat on the bathroom floor and told us he was running out of time. The son of Brendan (The Drain Man) told us there was nothing he could do and it could be a possum in the roof. Then he left.

Lis

Lis

Fantastic job

Fantastic job I had blocked drains didn’t know what to do then someone suggested calling the Drain man no problem they were out immediately stayed until the problem got fixed now as good as ever

Sally S.

Sally S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Literally your money will go down the drain!

3 hours of searching with cameras and cutting pipes in several areas of our property with zero answers for $1,200. Bloke left us with a muddy mess saying it would be a week or two before he could get back to us. The next day we located and fixed the problem ourselves which was a small crack in the original pipe we thought was the problem. Complete and total waste of $1,200...stay away and save your money, they are no drain experts! Dreadful experience.

bonnie

bonnieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

$495.00 "down the drain".

Plumber was given wrong address even after me spelling it out. Inspected with camera and couldn't find anything wrong. Certainly seemed like there was a problem to me, otherwise why would I ring at all. Packed up. At my request asked them to do it again so I could see for myself. Oh, yes a crack in pipe. (I wonder) Would have spent 40 minutes on job if I hadn't requested a 2nd inspection. There for about an hour.

Rod

RodGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Pathetic

Happy Camper

Happy CamperGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Blocked Storm Water Tree Roots ???????

Drain man was unable to get camera down pipes to see exactly what was going on. Put pressure head down pipe and eventually got it stuck in pipes and was unable to remove. Told us that we would need to smash up the concrete then replace storm-water pipes and then ring him once we retrieved his equipment so he could get it back and walked away. Rang an experienced real plumber who then found the issue and was resolved without the need to spend thousands doing what The Drain Man had told us previously. Would not recommend The Drain Man to anyone. $500 Wasted and could have been a lot worse if we had gone with their recommendation

Scammed

ScammedGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

"We don't give refunds!"

Soooooooo expensive $24,000!

Paid the initial $495 to come out and inspect blocked sewer drain. Problem was broken pipe deep down, so $21,000 to reline it, plus $176 per 30 mins of drilling time, which added up to a further $2,420. Very pleasant and efficient guys but still having trouble gaining the promised vision from their camera and the warranty. I have had to rely on their advice that it was deep down. - l still have no evidence, $24,000 later. I paid on the day of repair.

David

DavidSydney, NSW

Block drain

Can't fix the problem. Promise to spend another half an hour but same thing still block. They told me call the Sydney water for help instead. Talk about professional. Very unreliable. My advise Go some way else.

Aussie

AussieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ripped off with Deposit

Punctual and professional service

The team ( Dean) arrived on time and were courteous caring and professional.
They explained the process and proceeded with care being taken not to leave dirt inside the home.
The problem was solved in a difficult access environment.
Top marks and I would highly recommend them.

Effective and efficient plumbing service

For years we have been grappling with finding the best plumbing service provider in Melbourne. Today Todd Dover from the Drain Man came to our home and eliminated all of our concerns that we may not get a quality plumbing service whenever a problem emerges. Henceforth we will only ever consider the Drain Man for all and any plumbing service we may require. Todd was mannerly and respectful, and his knowledge, skill and judgement was immediately obvious as he routinely attended to our drain blockage. Thanks Todd.

From Tom and Elizabeth in Balwyn