The Drain Man

• Rates and Fees

john s.

john s.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Lazy solutions

Recommended expensive reline rather than a repair as it would be easier to not dig and the boss made more profit relining. The old fashioned shovel seems to be above them

Ad

No warranty on poor job.

Tribo

TriboGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Used again - still great service

Have used these guys before and found the need to use again at a different property.
Its interesting to see other reviews at not be skeptical of them, it made me check if the owner was licensed and found out he is, which was good to know.
I have always believed you get what you pay for and I am happy to get a premium service at what I don't believe to be a premium rate, being a tradesperson myself I know how much it takes to get a guy to a job.
Anyway, they did a great job clearing the drain and I will get it relined in the future by these guys.

Kim

KimGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great hard working plumber with crappy tools????????

Lovely guy Brad unblocked my ensuite shower, where previous owners son had put his toys down the shower drain. Problem was resolved in under an hour. Brad was very professional & very polite.
But the equipment he had to unblock the drain was very poor & outdated???
No claw mechanism, just a coiled wire with no hook on the end???
I gave him a wire coat hanger which did the job???
Why aren’t these plumbers given up to date tools??? The only thing that was up to date was the camera. He said it’s a 40mm pipe which is smaller than the new drains that are 50mm, but seriously if he had a claw at end of wire coil & a scissor action at other end, I’m sure it all could of been done in half the time???? Poor Brad!!!

Kangaroo R.

Kangaroo R.Sydney, NSW

Not Even Licensed

Had a quick license check undertaken and the owner is not allowed to contract directly with consumers.
Absolutely disgusting misleading people and ripping them off.
Stay far away from these guys unless you want to get ripped off.

Judy

JudyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

They've done great job! Strongly recommend!

The entire of my house had terrible odour smell three weeks ago. I've called Yarra Valley Water four times+ one local plumber to fix it, but the smell still there until I found Drain Fixer .com.Au.
The office staffs are friendly and keen to answer questions, their technician Tim arrived on time even it was raining, he completed the job on time as they promised: an inspection and clean up the sewers within an hour. Strongly recommend!

Geoff G

Geoff GGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor Very Poor

Very quick to take full payment - no wonder in hindsight. Turned up on time which was great. Didn’t even check the full drains on the property. Decided it was a Council issue with the Councils storm water drain. And that was it. Left. Problem no closer to being fixed and I am $495 poorer for it.

Ando

AndoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Punctual and informative but very expensive and no better than any other plumber.

Their advertising suggests they can fix issues with exclusive techniques and equipment. This is not the case. Shop around carefully and don't believe their hype. They have the same equipment available to any other plumber and cannot perform miracles. I would not use them again but would instead use a recommended local plumber who doesn't have a large advertising budget to pay for.

Lina

LinaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A great tradesman experience

I would like to recommend Andrew, from The Drain Man, who arrived promptly to unclog our drain. He was polite and efficient, explained the problem clearly and worked quickly to find and eliminate tree roots.

GPM27

GPM27Southwest, VIC

Extortion

Hourly rates are an absolute joke, they weren't able to fix our drainage issue, and charged us for more time than the guy was at our house. They then completely ignored our complaint about the overcharging of time. Save yourself a fortune and use any other plumber.

sashang

sashangGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Plumbers that don't replace pipes

It wasn't made clear to me that they only fix broken pipes by relining. So I paid for the cctv camera work ($495) and at the end I was told by the 'plumber' that they only do relining, which was $6000. I was under the assumption that plumbers can also the dig and replace the broken pipes, but these guys can't do that.

emzam

emzamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Drainman quote - too expensive

Guys at the Drainman were very courteous and ready to help to fix an ongoing problem. Thanks guys.
Quote given for work required was for 10 Metres of sewerage reinstatement requiring a root grind followed by an internal re-line of the sewerage line back to the main sewer pass-by of our property.
Problem was, for the perceived value of the work required, the quote was too expensive.
Job can be done by most plumbers & drain repair companies who use the exact same technology anyway, so make sure you get quotes from other reputable companies before you sign up.

Steve

SteveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Caution $

Charged THREE times more than regular plumber for same job, exactly, except Drainman has the gimmick of the camera.
They also siliconed the toilet back to the wall and then denied it and refused to fix it.
Don't believe their ads... Huge ripoff

Job Satisfaction
Lucky

Lucky

Very sneaky

Agreed to do leak detection for burst pipe but sent invoice for clearing storm water drains.
When the error was pointed out Brendon said they need to update their wording.
Then said they will cancel. Refused to refund even though job wasn't carried out.

Hafiz A.

Hafiz A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Kudos to andrew aka the drain man for helping me out on the road the other day when my car broke down due to no petrol, he helped me out without any comments or anything due to its a rookie mistake. May your business prosper ! Cheers.

Rip Off - Waste of Money

We had a bad smell coming from bathroom sink drain. We had to pay $495 upfront and no refund. He came, filled the bath (took time) let it out. Got the camera thingy, looked in the outside drain, took a 10 min phone call sat on the bathroom floor and told us he was running out of time. The son of Brendan (The Drain Man) told us there was nothing he could do and it could be a possum in the roof. Then he left.

Lis

Lis

Fantastic job

Fantastic job I had blocked drains didn’t know what to do then someone suggested calling the Drain man no problem they were out immediately stayed until the problem got fixed now as good as ever

Job Satisfaction
Sally S.

Sally S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Literally your money will go down the drain!

3 hours of searching with cameras and cutting pipes in several areas of our property with zero answers for $1,200. Bloke left us with a muddy mess saying it would be a week or two before he could get back to us. The next day we located and fixed the problem ourselves which was a small crack in the original pipe we thought was the problem. Complete and total waste of $1,200...stay away and save your money, they are no drain experts! Dreadful experience.

bonnie

bonnieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

$495.00 "down the drain".

Plumber was given wrong address even after me spelling it out. Inspected with camera and couldn't find anything wrong. Certainly seemed like there was a problem to me, otherwise why would I ring at all. Packed up. At my request asked them to do it again so I could see for myself. Oh, yes a crack in pipe. (I wonder) Would have spent 40 minutes on job if I hadn't requested a 2nd inspection. There for about an hour.

Rod