The Drain Man

• Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
bonnie

bonnieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

$495.00 "down the drain".

Plumber was given wrong address even after me spelling it out. Inspected with camera and couldn't find anything wrong. Certainly seemed like there was a problem to me, otherwise why would I ring at all. Packed up. At my request asked them to do it again so I could see for myself. Oh, yes a crack in pipe. (I wonder) Would have spent 40 minutes on job if I hadn't requested a 2nd inspection. There for about an hour.

Rod

RodGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Pathetic

Happy Camper

Happy CamperGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Blocked Storm Water Tree Roots ???????

Drain man was unable to get camera down pipes to see exactly what was going on. Put pressure head down pipe and eventually got it stuck in pipes and was unable to remove. Told us that we would need to smash up the concrete then replace storm-water pipes and then ring him once we retrieved his equipment so he could get it back and walked away. Rang an experienced real plumber who then found the issue and was resolved without the need to spend thousands doing what The Drain Man had told us previously. Would not recommend The Drain Man to anyone. $500 Wasted and could have been a lot worse if we had gone with their recommendation

Scammed

ScammedGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

"We don't give refunds!"

Soooooooo expensive $24,000!

Paid the initial $495 to come out and inspect blocked sewer drain. Problem was broken pipe deep down, so $21,000 to reline it, plus $176 per 30 mins of drilling time, which added up to a further $2,420. Very pleasant and efficient guys but still having trouble gaining the promised vision from their camera and the warranty. I have had to rely on their advice that it was deep down. - l still have no evidence, $24,000 later. I paid on the day of repair.

David

DavidSydney, NSW

Block drain

Can't fix the problem. Promise to spend another half an hour but same thing still block. They told me call the Sydney water for help instead. Talk about professional. Very unreliable. My advise Go some way else.

Aussie

AussieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ripped off with Deposit

Punctual and professional service

The team ( Dean) arrived on time and were courteous caring and professional.
They explained the process and proceeded with care being taken not to leave dirt inside the home.
The problem was solved in a difficult access environment.
Top marks and I would highly recommend them.

Effective and efficient plumbing service

For years we have been grappling with finding the best plumbing service provider in Melbourne. Today Todd Dover from the Drain Man came to our home and eliminated all of our concerns that we may not get a quality plumbing service whenever a problem emerges. Henceforth we will only ever consider the Drain Man for all and any plumbing service we may require. Todd was mannerly and respectful, and his knowledge, skill and judgement was immediately obvious as he routinely attended to our drain blockage. Thanks Todd.

From Tom and Elizabeth in Balwyn

Jumana

JumanaSydney, NSW

Rip off service - Never again

Bad service. They mention to you on the phone they charge $49.00 flat rate every day to assess how much the job will cost. They assess by looking only and overprice the job almost the triple. And if you don’t agree to go ahead you have to pay the $49.00. So it is a win win scenario for them. Never again to call them.

Tracey R

Tracey RVictoria

After one of the smelliest and messiest days I was saved by Shane the Drain man. From the time of booking to the end of fixing the problem the service was prompt and professional. Shane was excellent ,empathic and very professional he saved my day! Thanks Shane and thanks 3AW for ingraining the advertisement in my brain.

Block storm water drain

Gabriel arrived on time today in Keilor Downs and cleared my blocked storm water drain. He was most professional, explained what he was doing and was polite. Based on this experience I would highly recommend The Drain Man.
Emil

Pat

PatGlendenning

Your kidding.

Was quoted $500.00 for the first hour Then extra for every 30 minutes after that for a simple blocked sewer!!!! PLEASE!!! I want to work for the Drain Man looks like a liscence to print money!!!

Attempted Rip Off

My experience, I called the Drain Man over for a blocked sewage pipe, heard them advertise on 3AW so thought they would be good. The plumber flushed the blockage but then found a broken pipe in the boundary trap, they quoted me over $12,000.00, yes that's right over $12,000.00 to fix it by relining, I asked can't you dig down to fix it as it is only soil above it no concrete? the Drain Man plumber told me, no have to reline it, I felt I was being ripped off so asked him to leave. Got another plumber who dug down with a bob cat and replaced the pipe for $1,800.00 and that included the hire of the bob cat. I would not recommend this company, pity anybody that relies on them doing the best for them, rip off merchants.

mary

mary

Excellent service

Initially we had a very friendly and efficient call from a girl at the Drain Man telling us that the boys would be there on Thursday between 12 and 4. Guess what! They arrived exactly on time. Unusual in this day and age. They worked efficiently and repaired the problem with a smile. They left a bladder on overnight and the next day they returned by eight am to check it. All fixed!
Staff were all friendly, efficient and left the worksite spotless.
Would recommend this firm without hesitation.

Ilse

Ilse

great job, very glad we went to the drain man

swilbs

swilbsSydney Surrounds, NSW

Wanted over $500

Wanted over $500 just to do a quote on a domestic sewer repair because it is part of "a package". I didn't need an unblock, water jet, clean but they wanted to charge me for them just to get a quote.
Got a free quote from a local plumber.

NekosMum

NekosMumMelbourne

Good job, but why so expensive?!

Did a good job and under an hour thank god as the call out charge is $495 then about $170 per half hour after that. They do a great job but boy it's expensive. Now quoted us $8,500 to line the drain. The guy tried giving me the hard sell on a payment plan over 3 years, telling me I can afford $100 a month. I'm going to get some other quotes to compare prices.

High praise for The Drain Man

A big thank you to Gabe, Steve, Charl and Kieran for the excellent job they carried out on unblocking and lining my drains. They were a pleasure to deal with - so professional, diligent, quiet and clean. I'm only disappointed I won't be around when my 50 year warranty expires!

Emergency averted!

Best decision made. Rhys was prompt, professional and courteous AND he fixed a tricky problem that regular plumbers wouldn't have had the equipment for.