The Fable

Just bought my 5th shirt. I love them!

Can I just say how awesome it is to find a shirt that I don't have to iron? That was the major selling point for me. Plus they are natural fibres so breathable, and warm in winter. Yes, they are expensive but due to the quality they will last a while - if you wear it once a week for just a year the cost per wear is only $2.88. The packaging is gorgeous and makes you feel really special. Beware! You won't be able to stop at one! :)

Product Appearance As advertised
Thank you for sharing this review Michelle. We're delighted to hear you're enjoying your shirt and getting many wears out of it. That's exactly what we want as "cost per wear" is important to us :)

Classically Chic

I was so delighted with the quality and styling of The Fable silk T-Shirts I ordered a further 2 T-Shirts and a Shirt immediately.
The T-Shirts will be ideal to wear under my business suits this summer. As a professional middle aged woman all I can say is praise be the sleeve!

Product Appearance As advertised
Fabulous! We're delighted to hear this feedback. Thank you for sharing Simone. Our range was originally designed for professional women looking for nice workwear options and it sounds like you've found that in our shirts and t-shirts. Enjoy :)

Brilliant Shirt, love it.

I love my fable shirt. I have a blue steel, forest. It fits like a dream and looks like a million dollars. Yes, it does gape slightly, but I am small breasted, so issue is not too bad. Yeah, the hand washing in cold water is a drag, but to look good in a few seconds and arrive at work comfortable all day - or wear out at night - the cut and style are perfect. All I would like are a few more colour choices. I ordered my next silk shirt from Gorman as I was looking for a colour range. Will get more from the Fable though.

Product Appearance As advertised
Thank you for sharing this review Louise - we're so pleased to hear you're enjoying your shirts. We've noted your feedback for an expanded colour range and are always looking to make improvements. Hopefully we can deliver on this for you in the coming months :)

Wow! What a shirt.

Well, words cannot express how very pleased I was when I opened your beautifully packaged and top quality silk shirt. Feels and looks beautiful on. I am so happy with this shirt that I will be buying more.
Also top service, arrived quickly and so beautifully presented.

Product Appearance As advertised
Wonderful - thank you for sharing this review Avril. We're so happy to hear you enjoyed the the unboxing experience as much as the shirt. We hope you get many good wears out of it :)

Great work shirts, need more sizes

I have a couple of fable shirts and was initially I was disappointed that these weren’t the soft silk I am accustomed to, they have a slightly more crepe feel to them, but they are practical and nice enough that I will definitely buy more.
They are a small fit. I’m usually a 14 with a larger bust that occasionally means I’m a 16, and in these I had to return my initial purchase for an XXL which still gapes in the front if I stand straight with my shoulders back, but button up shirts have always been an issue for me, so it would be great for them to expand the size range for a more flowy shirt.
They wash well and after several months of regular wear show no signs of age, and as long as I shake and hang them up after washing they dry mostly wrinkle free. Any remaining wrinkles seem to disappear within 15 mins of wearing, which is great - No ironing needed.
Great, fast shipping! Would repurchase!

Sizing Very small
Product Appearance As advertised
Thank you very much for sharing this review Tahnee. We're so pleased to hear you've enjoyed our shirts and find them easy to care for. We've noted your feedback regarding sizing and do recommend our customers size up as feedback has been they do run small which is something we're looking to address.

Not Impressed

Not impressed, this shirt is as hard to maintain as my other silk shirts. I really expected something different that would change my mind about silk shirts. I'm not convinced to get another one.

Hi Nadine, thank you for sharing this review. In regards to maintenance, we recommend either hand washing our shirts or machine washing on a delicates cycle in a delicates bag. If you leave them to dry on a well shaped hanger they will dry with minimal creases, without the need to iron them unless you require a very polished finished. I hope this is helpful advice to make caring for your shirt easier. :)Hi Sophie, I’ve done exactly that and it’s not really true that the shirt dries with minimal creases. It needs ironing no matter what. Also it’s the only shirt I have problems with sweating stains. Honestly I regret buying it.

No Value for Money

Very wrinkley. White marks under arms first wear. Very disappointed.
Can see through gap between buttonholes.
After reading such good reviews, I wanted to love this brand, but I think I've wasted my money. Won't buy again.

Product Appearance As advertised
Hi Amber, thank you for sharing this review. We're sorry to hear you're dissatisfied. We have an easy returns policy and stand by the quality of our range. In regards to any wrinkles, we recommend you dry and store your shirt on a well shaped hanger. This will result in minimal wrinkles and remove the need to iron it. White marks are a very rare problem we hear of with our shirts however it could be caused by a specific type of deodorant. We hope this feedback is useful. :)

Amazing product and great custome rservice

I have received a few of these shirts now and are absolutely thrilled with the quality of the shirts and the great customer service. Would be a beautiful gift to send someone as the packaging is lovely and the shirts amazing. I also mistakenly ordered a wrong size and as soon as I contacted them was sent the correct size before I even returned the one I'd ordered. Very happy and would highly recommend these shirts for quality, value and service.

Product Appearance As advertised
Wonderful - we're so pleased to hear this. Thank you for sharing this review. We hope you get many wears out of your wardrobe of silk :)

A shirt for all occasions

I love these silk shirts. They feel so good on my skin. They are soft and breathable. I wear them almost everyday. They come in beautiful colours and simple design, and it's so easy to match them up with anything in my wardrobe. Tuck them in or layer them up. It's a shirt for all occasions.

Product Appearance As advertised
Wonderful - thank you Sonya. We're so happy your enjoying your shirts and find them so versatile :)

Beautiful quality, speedy returns and love the colours!

I have been purchasing from The Fable for about 2 years now. I have 5 shirts which I wear on rotation at work and on the weekends. I love the quality of the silk, especially at the amazing price point!

Sizing Slightly small
Fabulous - we're so pleased to hear this. Thank you for sharing your feedback Jess. :)

Amazing shirts, I have 6!

Easy ordering, fantastic customer service, and the shirts are AMAZING! Great price point, soft shirts and easy to wear for work and leisure. Excited to try the t-shirts range and more colours.

Product Appearance As advertised
Fantastic - we're so pleased your enjoying your shirts. Thank you for sharing your feedback. :)

The Fable Shirts: fantastic quality and great value for money

The Fable shirts have been a staple for my wardrobe this year. The quality is amazing and I love wearing them to work and out in the weekends. Highly recommend!

Product Appearance As advertised
Fantastic - we're so pleased to hear Amy. Thank you for sharing this review. We hope you enjoy your shirts :)

Not only is the product gorgeous, but the customer service is terrific!

Ordering was easy and delivery quick. Despite a mix up with one of the products delivered it was very quickly rectified for the following day. The shirt and T-shirt are gorgeous and fit well although on smaller side. I’d love to see longer length and tank styles in the collection!

Sizing Slightly small
We're so pleased to hear you're happy with your shirt and t-shirt. We've noted your feedback regarding the longer length and we can confirm we have a silk cami range coming our in October if that's of interest :)

Disappointed

I hand washed the shirt very carefully but the colours ran. Ordering easy and it arrived on time. Was thrilled with the style and comfort, just disappointed that it was not washable even though it was stated it could be hand washed.

Product Appearance As advertised
Hi Paula, thank you for taking the time to share this review. Our shirts are certainly designed to be washed. If washed in cold water with a silk/wool detergent there should be no issues at all. We have an easy returns policy and stand by the quality of our product. For any faulty items we will refund or replace the product.

obliging service

attractive product - just arrived and not yet worn. Very obliging service - I ordered wrong size and the response was quick and helpful. I hope that when I do wear it I will be happy

Wonderful - thank you for sharing this review. We do hope you enjoy wearing your shirt :)

Sadly disappointed in the quality

I bought 3 shirts from here with extremely high hopes. I haven’t been able to wear them much at all, despite the price per shirt. The shirts are not breathable, I end up with massive sweat patches under my arms which doesn’t happen with any other shirts I own (I’m not a sweaty person). Shirts state that they are iron free, but they crease VERY easily and stay that way and require a significant amount of ironing to look presentable in the morning, but are creased by the time I get in to the office.

Product Appearance Not as advertised
Hi Lauren, thank you for taking the time to share this review. We are sorry to hear you're disappointed with our shirts. Our silk is a natural fibre and designed to be breathable. In regards to ironing, we recommend you dry your shirt on a well shaped hanger after washing then store it this way as well. This method will result in minimal wrinkles. We hope this feedback is helpful.

Disappointed with the change in quality

I bought several shirts from earlier collections (including the sleeveless ones). The quality of these shirts was really excellent for the price. I recently bought other shirts made with the new fabric and it feels that the quality is a lot lower. It can be a matter of preferences of course, but the silk is much less resistant and less comfortable on the skin. I wish The Fable would make shirts with the old fabric again!

Hi Juliana, thank you for sharing this review. Two years ago we shifted our production from India to Shanghai, China. With the shift we went from using an Indian Crepe silk to Crepe de Chine. Our Chinese silk is a finer weave and of higher quality which is one of the reasons we made the decision to move production. We do understand there is a difference and are sorry to hear our new silk is not your preferred version.

Very disappointed.

I received the blouse I ordered today. Very disappointed. The top is poorly put together, with one shoulder visibly not sewn correctly. The shoulder bunches and puffs out from where sewn. The chest has a dark stain on the front also. The armpits of the top are sewn incorrectly, so that they are visibly at the front of the chest, pulling at the line of the top, rather than underneath. Really shoddily put together, the fabric feels awful, AND there is a very visible stain on it. Seriously regret buying from this store, and do not recommend. Regardless of the approach that the company makes in rectifying the situation for me personally, the fact that they are selling tops at this price which are so poorly put together, and would allow an item to be sent out with a visble stain says enough as to the way they function.

Product Appearance Not as advertised
Thank you for sharing this review, we are sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with our t-shirt. We stand by our product quality and offer full refunds or replacements for any faulty items. We pride ourselves on producing very high quality silk pieces at The Fable will always do right by any customer who is dissatisfied.

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

I placed an order for silk shirt on April 5th order received April 11th found the shirt to be to small so sent back via express post that was delivered back to warehouse April 12th, almost 3 weeks on and no sign of my shirt but have taken out afterpay payment, 2 emails quoting order number and no reply from either and no contact phone number! Stay away from this company

Product Appearance Not as advertised
Hi Micky, thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear you're dissatisfied. Customer service is of utmost importance to us at The Fable. We do understand there was a mix up with the postal delivery of your order which resulted in a delay and we apologise sincerely for this happening.

Poor quality

The shirt creases a lot and puckers on collar and seams. I’m very unhappy that despite following the care instructions the shirt creases and puckers. Despite raising my concerns with the customer service team these issues have not been resolved. Very unhappy customer.

Product Appearance As advertised
Hi Georgia, thank you for taking the time to share this review. We're sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction. In regards to creasing, we recommend you dry and store your shirt on a well shaped hanger after washing. This will result in minimal creases and remove the need to iron.