The Good Guys

The Good Guys

Online store and Physical store
2.2 from 2,274 reviews

See the Best Appliance Retailers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Fridge

we went yesterday to buy a frigde, got the choose the fridge that we wanted then found out that it didn't have on stock on Booval so we had to drive 20 min to pick it up till there it was all good
when we call the lady to let them know we were coming they were closed, so we had to go back in and the sale man said that he would "arrange a free delivery to my house next day
on the morning no calls waited till 12pm and nothing so decided to call the store to find out that theres was no delivery arranged on that day and i had to wait till next morning, i have my food all in a cooling box with ice and i had to go to work so my only solution was run to the wharehouse to pick it up
so annoyed and upset for me this is a really theres is not a respect with costumer we not happy at all

Store Locationbooval

Terrible Experience TGG Blacktown

Tried to to pick up order from Blacktown NSW store, Order was under my Mrs name and I had all the details with me including the order email, Paypal transaction info. my license with same address as noted on the order but was rudely denied pickup.
also offered them that they could call the number listed on the order and confirm, even the PayPal transaction email had my name (instead of mrs) but the staff would not even bother to look at it.

Worst Online Experience

Decided to purchase a product through The Good Guys as I am an RACQ member and can purchase gift cards for them at a slight discount. The website said the item was available online, so I went ahead and purchased the gift cards and then the item. After a week with no sign of the item or emails from the Good Guys, I called to find out that it was out of stock with the manufacturer and wouldn't be available for two months. I was refunded via a gift card for the amount - but this had to be used at the Good Guys. The problem was that I needed the item and could have just purchased it instore at bunnings - so now I have a gift card for a large amount of credit at their store with nothing I wish to buy. What made me most furious was the terrible communication from their "customer service team". They will only quote terms and conditions and will not attempt to help you. I will not purchase gift cards from RACQ nor will I ever shop at the Good Guys again.

Great prices on products always

After a lot of research and recommendations we went in store to purchase an XL Phillips Airfryer and a Stick Vacuum. We knew exactly what we wanted to purchase so it was a quick visit

Store LocationPinjarra Road, Mandurah

Saved a few bucks but should have gone to H**** N*****, still waiting for our washing machine.

We purchased a Fisher & Pykel washing machine of our choice from Good Guys, after comparing deals between GG and another national appliance stores nearby. That was more than 2 weeks ago. The Good Guys were a bit cheaper than their opposition, so we went ahead with their offer, and also purchased the 5 year warranty at the same time. The salesperson said the model we chose was not in their own warehouse, but available from F&P, so next day (Sunday) delivery was not possible, but during the week if that was ok. I waited all week, wondering when to take time of work— I finally chased GG up on the Friday. "GG: We have that in stock—do you want it straight away". Why didn't they ring me? The washing machine arrived damaged so it had to be taken back. Waiting days, waiting. Again no word from GG store for days, no apology for the delay—waiting ages on the phone when I rang the following week, then they hung up on me. By this time I was pretty irate, but nobody at the store was ringing back! At the end of the second week I got a call from the lady on the desk saying she was "on my case", me thinking delivery will be today. No such luck. "Lady: Not sure when, but some time next week". I am looking around for $4000-5000 OLED TV soon—guess which business name is definitely not getting my business? In defence of the staff on the front desk, they sound like they are "run off their feet", and badly understaffed. Management (a word I use loosely here) should have their pay cut and hire more of the many people looking for a job.

Store LocationNorthland Homemaker, Preston

The sales person great, delivery quick but poor customer service post sale

Hi! I bought a fridge and a tv this week, at Hoppers Crossing Store. The sales person, [name removed] was very helpful and he make everything very easy, I need the products asap because I am moving and he arrange delivery for next day. He also help me with the price, and I made a good deal with the beat the price policy.
I paid for the extra service at delivery, they have to deliver the items and toke care of the garbage and installation and check that all was good. Sadly after the guys leave my house we notice two bumps in the door of the fridge so, I called to the store to ask for a change. They ask me what I want and I said a change because I paid for a new perfect fridge. They asked to send pictures and I did that with precise information. They didn't call me that day. At last hour I called to the store and I talk with other person who said that they arrange a time with Fisher and Paykel to came and changed the door. I never received any call. Is been a couple of days and this is upsetting because I have to worries about the fridge. I was happy with the service until I realise that nobody care after they sell the things to you. So now I have to spend time calling and complaint. I would like that the good guys offer a better customer service after delivery. Is not my fault if they sent items that are NQR.

Store LocationHoppers crossing

Online muck up saved by store

Bought air pods online with stock showing at local store but when collecting it turned out it was an error and they were out of stock. Needing them urgently and having bought because of the store stock showing, I was very glad Matthew from Good Guys Penrith saved the day by having a pair urgently transferred from elsewhere. Well done.

Store LocationGood Guys Penrith

perfect fantastic cant live without it

hi well my sons tv was not working properly so we that my wife and I thought we would buy him a new tv so down yo good guys gepps cross haggled with them on price done a deal walked away with a perfect tv as our son says the one and only for ever good on you good guys

Store Locationgepps cross sth.aust.

Not worth a piece of toilet paper

Extended warranty that the operator on the other end laughs after saying the dishwasher has flooded my newly reno kitchen...and you need video evidence...now I have they say I'm not covered...#unt$

Good experience.

Ordered on line. Click and Go. Disappointed after I ordered found out that email could take up to 2 days. Email came in minutes so all good. Drove to store. Efficient staff did the paper work and I was on my way.
Full marks for this store.

Dismissive, dishonest & poor customer service

The Good Guys customer service from the management team of Jonathan (store manager) and Michael (second in charge) from the Bayswater store have been nothing short of poor. They have been dismissive, dishonest & downright rude.

Within 4 years of purchasing an oven it rusted out. I rang the Bayswater Good Guys (whilst holidaying overseas) to enquire about my warranty only to be told that they could not locate my purchase on their system, even though they record all customer details. Due to an oven being an urgent repair (for tenants), I purchased a new one.

Upon returning home from overseas & locating my receipt, it was IN WARRANTY for another 12 months!

After MONTHS of phone calls, the response from the management team offered a refund of my warranty only($120) rather than reimbursing me the cost of the new oven ($800) & not considering all other expenses associated with this (eg. electrician fees / extended warranty).

Avoid purchasing from the Good Guys in Bayswater.

Store LocationBayswater (Jonathan is the store manager)
I should add in my review that the store HAD my details on file & their customer care team found my first oven purchase immediately

Worst Store for service I have ever been to

I went into the Ballarat store on the 11th of August as they had a product I was looking for. The store was dirty and unorganised but i needed the item they did not have either product in the store. So i ordered and paid for the item and was told 7 to 10 working days. Its now been a month I rang again to enquire today the 6th of September and firstly put on hold and hung up on then back on hold 15 mins later I was informed not here and I do not care i them informed [name removed] that I would be coming to have my money returned all I got was Oh Well. No wonder Harvey Norman and JB HIFI is taking all your business. Either store personal need replacing or management will never shop or recommend The Good (HA Ha) Guys again

Store LocationBallarat

I would give 0 star if I can

I recently moved home and bought everything (washer, tv, dryer, fridge, microwave, vacuum) in store and booked the installation service. It was very good but the problem came when I realized that I also need to replace my rangehood. I placed the order ONLINE this time and booked online installation. If you have booked any sorts of installation service online through them DON'T EXPECT ANY RESPONSE because they simply don't reply and don't care. It took us so much effort trying to contact them and it's still not sorted. We ended up using another company which is way better.

They sell products online that is Out of stock.

I bought an Imac online for work and I'm waiting for 2 weeks now with no delivery estimates. On the website the product is in Stock and was saying that it would be shipped between 3 and 5 days. Instead of putting it out of stock, they keep selling and mislead the customer.

The best service

The staff at The Good Guys in Cairns are the best, and know how to make their customers feel special, we will continue to shop there. Thank you Brendan and Scott for your assistance today.

Store LocationCairns

Don't bother

Orders keep getting rejected and or pending (not the 2 hour click and collect they advertise on their website)- even though they've put on a pre-authorisation against your card. When you ring up they just advise to go in store to buy so why even bother doing an online order. Really aren't very helpful.

Don’t bother with Concierge and extended warranty

Son with autism paid for concierge for 3 items. He had 4 days to use the voucher, has no transport/internet. Salesman shrugged off my concern re inequality and time constraint.

Store LocationMarion, South Australia

Review withdrawn

I am withdrawing my review and no longer want it to be published. I don't see any point in having a grumble. There are enough grumbles without adding another one.

Can't really bargain

They market themselves as a place where you can negotiate prices. Maybe for big ticket items, but for a laptop computer you'll be lucky to get $30 off. Disinterested staff makes the shopping experience lacklustre.

i cant live without my all in one hp pc

I bought a HP all in one pc at the Good Guys last month and at first once it got delivered was very easy to set up but i also bought a HP Envy 5030 all in one printer had some trouble with the printer at first rang up HP was bad communication break down so was not happy so rang The Good Guys At Tuggerah told them my story to fast forward two weeks ago got a phone call from one off the staff members there and was happy to come out and check the printer to his work he came out after 5pm came in fixed the printer and go it sorted so all up went and beyond service after hours so iam very happy everything thing all worked out both Pc and printer are both working fine so well done The Good Guys a happy customer in the end

Store LocationGood Guys Tuggerah central coast