The Good Guys

Physical store, Online store (See All)
See the Best Appliance Retailers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for The Good Guys? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.5 (1,054)
  • Return Claim MadeYes (301) · No (1,194)

Got a quote that was $960 more expensive than advertised. Now can't get through to anyone to discuss

It is impossible to speak to anyone helpful over the phone at the Good Guys. I spent 50 minutes on hold, finally got through to someone, only for the line to "drop". Got through to a retail store, and everyone was too busy. Rang another retail store, and the phone rang out - the automatic message service asked me to "call back later". How can I pay a quote that includes costs for "Additional Material Charges" of $980, with no explanation of what these costs are for, and no one to explain it to me? Terrible.

Justin
JustinSydney, NSW

Product has not arrived

I purchased a dryer online (apparently "in stock") on 19 July 2022. Did not arrive. Tried to cancel on 27 July. Received an automated response saying that the request had been received and would responded to within 5 days. No response was received. I have received no updates from Good Guys. It is now 8 August and I still cannot get through their phone number to an operator. No dryer and no refund. This company is an absolute disgrace. I wish I read these reviews before buying.

• Return Claim MadeYes

Terrible delivery times and service

I ordered at the beginning of May, just small household items. Goods were not shipped until 10 June, after I called to find out where my order was. When the goods finally arrived, instead of a pack of 6 filters that I ordered and paid for, I received a 3 pack, and despite multiple attempts requesting a refund, I'm not able to as the store in question (Springvale) will not pick up the phone to anyone, and will not return multiple requests for a response (even from another store). I'm still waiting on a refund for the difference at the time of writing this review.
Shocking service and terrible online shopping experience.
Would not recommend their online service at all.

Brett H
Brett HSouth East Queensland, QLD

The place to go for service

I drive from Capalaba to Tingalpa Good Guys because the staff are so friendly and helpful. I have never waited more than 15 seconds before being approached by a staff member to help me.To me customer service is everything, well worth the 9 ks extra drive.

Joseph
JosephGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fake discounts for purchase

They advertised store credit for purchase over $800, never got it. Don't trust them.

Brad
Brad

Worst experience ever. AVOID THIS STORE.

No-one has any idea what they are doing. Worst customer service I have ever experienced. We just wanted a dishwasher delivered. Now been waiting 4 weeks and still no dishwasher. Dont be fooled - they will tell you what you want to hear but WILL NOT deliver.

Never received promotional voucher

Purchased items for click and collect in June 2022 under a promotional offer for store credit/vouchers. Waited for email with vouchers that never arrived. Submitted an online form request with no reply. Called the phone number and received automated message that no one could help and was then disconnected. Started an online chat with staff, was told they can't help and to wait on the response from the form. Never got any reply from the Good Guys and never received my store vouchers. Will just purchase from Amazon from now on as at least they offer customer service and support!

Victor R.
Victor R.Sydney, NSW

Item available at buy time and now at backorder

1 I bought a wash machine, tv, fridge and soundbar,
2 booked the delivery and today arrived only the wash machine, i was surprised with that and went to check 3 in the website. the items are now on backorder,
4 by the moment i bought it was available on stock and that was the purpose of buying.
5 i tried to contact for further information on the phone but received the information that there was no foressen availability date for the backorder.
6 in the website there's no option to cancel the order and refund the payment. would be the minimum to cover the damage.

Christabel A.
Christabel A.Sydney, NSW

Good Guys, more like Con Guys - No Store Credit Received as Promoted

Bought a dryer during store credit promotion. Opted in for marketing emails as per T&C. Credit suppose to be received 26/7 and expires 2/8, received nothing. Sent in an enquiry, more than 5 business days no response. Wouldn't have bought the dryer otherwise.

Aim2XLGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

OMG: My mistake, I need to own the fact I brought from this retailer.

Ordered a new Kettle on 23/07/2022, expecting the "in stock" item to arrive. Now the 4/08/200 and zero further comms from them. When I email, no reply, use the Chat feature I get "Thanks. We will pass on these details and one of our team members will join this chat shortly" 40 minutes waiting so far and this is my second go today, eventually the browser times out and closes the Chat session.

Disgusting customer service

Purchased the freezer over the phone based on the website to get it home and find the energy rating was much less than advertised. Called up customer service and have been repeatedly promised I will be called back which never eventuates. It’s been over a week now, been told twice by two different staff I’ll be called back the same day, and once I was put on hold for over 20 minutes and cut off. The last staff member Luke was so rude and dismissive on the phone was the final straw for me to place this negative review. I would suggest it’s not worth to purchase from this retailer as they don’t support you after sale.

Kieran M.
Kieran M.

Finally got through to a manager Arlo who was very helpful - have been promised a partial refund to offset the issue.

M G.
M G.Belconnen 2617, ACT

Misleading information provided. Non existent customer service.

Ray Lakeman
Ray Lakeman

In Stock actually means; we will order it in....

I really should have read the reviews on "Good" Guys first...

Placed our order Tuesday and received an instant receipt email, but nothing else.
We specifically selected a product that was showing stock.
Tried to contact someone on Thursday to get an update - the online chat seemed to be our only option.
After initially indicating that we may get it tomorrow the story suddenly changed to actually there is no stock.
Interestingly, the sudden status change occurred after I requested an email containing the deliver advice.

We are now waiting for our refund to be processed (by COB today), and then 3-5 business days for our money to be returned. But I'm fully expecting the refund process to be equally as painful and unfortunate.

Roger
RogerSydney Surrounds, NSW

SADLY .....UNPROFESSIONAL

Purchased Bosch washing machine, and thought we would try out the Premium delivery (which we expected would be something like the excellent service we had several times from `Appliances Online') providing installation, and removal of all packaging and the old washer. This cost an extra $74.00 on the order.
They arrived on Friday 29 July with a full truck, and advised that as space was cramped, another truck would come in the afternoon or next day to pick up the old machine and packaging, left on the nature strip. Annoying, but we accepted that.
Here we are Tuesday, 2 August 2022, and no sign of Good Guys again. Old machine and packaging still out on the front street.

Patrick R.
Patrick R.South East Queensland, QLD

The S**T GUYS MORE LIKE

This place operates more like a scam than anything, ordered something over the phone which they said they had in stock, paid for it then almost two weeks later they said it's not in stock, it'll be two more weeks.
So asked for a refund but you have to travel all the way to the store, absolute waste of time.