The Motley Fool

The Motley Fool

See the Best Financial Planning Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Joel M

Joel M

Spammers

Motley Fool go about their marketing techniques and communications very aggressively. If you don't want to be spammed half a dozen times a day, avoid giving them your details. Not impressed.

GazzaBrooms Head

Good for beginners!

I was a member of the Motley fool about 6 years ago and learnt a lot from them. Now I do my own research and make my own stock selections and so far going ok.

Totally Disappointing

Signed up for a two year subscription. It is so bad, four months into the first year, I tried to cancelled the second year only and was told I could not.
For those that can read this, I hope you take my advice and try another site or at least only sign up for the one year.

Steve

SteveIllawarra, NSW

Misleading

I signed up for 2 years for the price of one year. After one year they stopped my membership and said they made a mistake. Ripped off. Now I am bombarded with useless emails peddling other special deals. Once bitten! Use other companies.

Ash D

Ash D

Marketing more than advice

Hannah

HannahSydney, NSW

My two worst investments were due to Motley Fool recommendations.

Disappointed by their hyped up and repetitive recommendations of a certain stock for the first half of this year. Some ppl had to sign up to get the stock name. The stock then plummeted extremely badly and then for the second half of the year, they are saying the opposite, why its gone so badly and what other shares you should buy instead.

This year I have had two regretful investments due to their recommendations and will not risk any more. The second one also plummeted and stayed mediocre after the Motley Fool article was released recommending investment. Seems dodgy.

Motley Fool works for me

I find Motley Fool a good company and have been with them for several years. The company was founded in 1993 and wouldn't be here today if it was as bad as some people make out. Maybe they have an ulterior motive in writing mediocre and unfounded accusations? Talk is cheap. Their scorecard shows that they put their money were their recommendation are and it shows that nobody is perfect but some are better than others and Motley Fool is one of the better once. Nobody has a sure-fire cristal ball, but they do their homework before they recommend a buy and if it goes pear-shape, they will admit to it and don't sweep it under the carpet.

wolfgang25

wolfgang25South East Queensland, QLD

ONLY FOR FOOLS

The site promised to give me best dividend stocks and recommendations.
Never got any and after 2 weeks I cancelled the subscription for a full refund as advertised.
Never got a reply.
Now 4 month into it I still got nothing from them. They know how to pray and new investors and sell them useless informations. In all newsletters they ask for more subscriptions to promise a bit more of useless stuff.

Ham man

Ham manGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hopeless reviews on companies they have no idea about

Bagged paradigm pharma questioned if the shares are worth it and if there product worked.Heaps of footballers had the treatment and bought shares my wife had the treatment couldn't walk 100 metres before and 18 months later walks the dog 3 times a week plays golf every weekend and is pain free.The best treatment for anything she has ever had maybe Motley Fool should do there research before advising people on dos and don'ts of products they have obviously done little or no research on.Take it from me someone who knows the product this is going to be huge pain free and no side effects just hurry up and bring it on for those suffering.

MikeDsilva

MikeDsilvaAU

Extreme Opportunities.. Oh Dear

Motley Fool is the only thing that works for me

In my opinion, the Motley Fool gets five Stars. I've tried other subscriptions and ended up getting spammed right out the wazoo with other bloodsucker trying to pry more money out of my pocket. I totally beleive the guy that claims he is up 160% in 2 years because I'm up close to 30% in 6 months. I paid 99us for Stock Advisore and would pay more. As soon as I listen to other stock picks I lose money

Caraco

CaracoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No Problems with Motley Fool Happy Investor

I am up 164% In 2 years using their recommendations . I think it is important not to put large amounts into a single stock. Instead I put $2000 or $3000 into a stock. That way there are no big losses. Lots of diversified stocks. Some go up and some go down mostly with my stocks not too many downs. If you buy one or two stocks you could be in for disappointment if they are the ones that go down. You need patience for investing in stocks there is no get rich quick scheme except for a lucky few. Hope this information is of value to someone

Flav

FlavBellbowrie

Rubbish

I paid the 99$ (US) or so to sign up for a stock advisor thing, I had a very few e-mail about what I actually paid for.
But in return I get flooded with offer I don't even care about.... if I option out I wonder if I loose my stock advisor e mail that I actually paid for... so I don't
I don't even which e-mail is part of my subscription that I paid for.
All they want is selling you membership on top on another and another one....
Total waste of money!

Stay away and do some research, this what I do know.

Corrupt

Corrupt company. Trying to slug me $199 for something I never signed up to.
Prior to that I did pay a one year membership for about $90. Their stock tips were terrible. Disgusted by their corruption and incompetence. Total rip off. DO NOT go near them.

Greg

GregSydney, NSW

A waste of time

I joined up hoping it was as good as promised but very disappointed and will not renew. Every day a new email with a teaser, with request to upgrade. It is clear the cheap "one year buy in" is to catch you for an upgrade later on. I receive far too many teasers and regard this site as unprofessional and focused solely on improving its own income. Marcus Today and Lincoln are far more professional.

Paul K

Paul KSydney, NSW

I’m a fool

I took out a subscription 1 year ago.I have bought shares on their recommendations and lost over 50% of my life savings.A very corrupt company with very little morals. You certainly made a fool out of me

Don’t waste your time

One of the worst companies buyer beware.i really don’t know what there are doing.Some of the worst data and technical information. please be prepared for massive losses.So so terrible this is a scam.

Investing is hard, even with advice

shumba

shumbaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rip Off

This company has to rate as one of the biggest rip offs. They don't do what they say they will do and their advice is very suspect. I believe any investment with them is a waste of time and money

Avoid Avoid Avoid

I had subscribed to TMF a few months ago and closely watched the recommendations they provided. All stocks had large losses immediately after the recommendations. Constant spam emails to try and get more money from you with different memberships. Very little advice with even less value.