2.0

Charged me without permission

I had a subscription a couple of years ago, but did not find it useful. My eagle eyed assistant however noticed that I was debited for a subscription in April this year, which I had not requested or agreed to. I wrote and asked for it to be reversed, but did not get a reply. To be fair, it was probably because I just found found my computer decided all communications from Motley Fool should go to my junk mail (I never read them) . But I would like the company to ask if I want to buy before taking money when they have a credit card number.

Disappointing overlap of services

chrisd62
chrisd62

Lost my trust

Unfortunately MF has just become a dishonest marketing company. They advertise exclusive services but just rehash existing recommendations that they already provide in other services and charge exorbitant prices to sign up. Very disappointing.

mick gadd

mick gaddQueensland

Good for retirement saving

Advice good and long term returns good.
Tells you when to sell which is always difficult for beginners.
You can do your own research as well and use Motley Fool to confirm.

Hi Mick,
Thank you for your comments. We're delighted to hear you are enjoying your time as a fellow Fool and we're excited to be a part of your investing journey.

Fool On!

Great time saver

Used to trade a lot but now want more time for better things. Still need income. MF provides me, each month, with several well researched buy opportunities some of which I action. Have rarely been disappointed. Don't like their marketing which points out their great successes - would prefer a more balanced view. Do love their overall attitude.

michaelr

michaelrHunter Region, NSW

Invaluable help

Perhaps I've been lucky to have sought your advice when I did, but our small SMSF has gone from struggling to thriving by following your advice. Even now during this downturn, our SMSF Balance is still way ahead of our starting point, and this is despite the governments insistence that we withdraw more funds than we need.

Brian M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not what I expected

When I accepted their one off deal in good faith, I was surprised to discover that if I really wanted access to their “gems” then I needed to pay more.......Thought that’s what I had signed up for....

Brian M.

Thankyou for taking the time to respond. Can I suggest this is disclosed in the first instance. From a marketing perspective it goes from a positive to a negative experience before even starting.

Lianne E.The Motley Fool

Thanks, Brian. I have passed your comments on to the team.

Swift resolution, very satisfied thanks!

Lianne E.The Motley Fool

Hi there, thanks for your comments, we're always happy to help.
Fool On!

No good

Wish I could get my money back, just a bunch of long winded emails wanting more money to subscribe to more rubbish. You can do better yourself doing an internet search

Matt

Matt

Reasonable entertainment value, average advice at best, although did help me find a winning stock

Richard B

Richard B

Tried it, no value, not worth it

I subscribed to extreme opportunities and hidden gems in June, by end of July it was apparent no value over the constant free articles via Google. Costly they won’t refund

Best Bets And Payoffs

I joined MF 4 years ago as a total ingenue and have learned a great deal. As a positive using Pro and SA I have managed a good return partly due to sound recommends and market conditions.
As a criticism there is too much pressure to add product ranges which too often overlap with existing recommendations. The constant package selling clogs the inbox and sometimes masks the valid messages. I feel a an urge to add a suffix ".... But wait there's more! Free steak knives"
Pro forums are good interactions. Sell instructions are often slow, Witness HSN, RFG and GEM.
Overall a sound service.

Monica

MonicaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst website

I don't understand this website. I log in to view the dividend investor monthly report and can never seem to find it. Instead, I am bombarded with their free articles, which I can find on Google myself.
MF, I think you really need to reconsider the layout of the website to make it much more user friendly.

Total Hoax

Lianne E.The Motley Fool

You get what you pay for

Cozzi

CozziSoutheast, SA

Good Advice

I find the site easy to read and understand.
They leave it up to you if you want to take the advise or not.
They give you the facts, and you can then go research yourself.
Not pushy, I have invested in a few of their reccomendations and am doing ok.

B VaughnSydney, NSW

Scam, harassment, no email reply !!

Don't do it ! They play you for a fool literally. They just want your $$$. I never made a penny from these '' FOOLS '' !!! Tried to get a refund and almost had to beg. Why should it take 10 business days anyway?!

B Vaughn

3 - 5 years ?? You get less for murder! Give us a break! I will email again and request a refund

Paul

PaulGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Motley Fool

Very satisfied, lots of quality recommendations, I choose the ones that meet my investment philosophy. The outcome has been solid, the fact is you are responsible for your investments the MF providers a framework of conversation analysis to help.
Very happy

Lianne E.The Motley Fool

Hi Paul, Thank you for your feedback, we're always interested to hear from our members and we're excited to be a part of your investment journey. Fool On!

Nigel L

Nigel LSydney, NSW

Extreme Opportunities - good value in my view

I signed up for extreme opportunities, was only $98 for two years. Have followed most of their recommendations and made some very good gains. The bloke that does the analysis (Doc Mahanti) seems to know his stuff. They do bombard you with emails and other offers which can get annoying. I’m only interested in extreme opportunities so I just ignore the rest.

Lianne E.The Motley Fool

Hi Nigel, Thank you for your comments, we're delighted to hear that you are enjoying your Extreme Opportunities subscription and we're excited to be a part of your investing journey. Fool On!

Ian M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

It is a scam

This company is a scam. They continue to take money from our account without our consent. They do not even have the decent courtesy to ring you back to explain their actions. We have an email trail from them saying the are not withdrawing money from our account, yet they continue to withdraw funds from our account when we told them to stop. This company is scam.

Lianne E.The Motley Fool

Hi Ian, I believe your request has now been dealt with, please confirm if this is not the case, however, and I will investigate further. Thank you!

Sandra C.

Sandra C.asked

I have been offered shooting stars which deal finishes at midnight 17/06/20, it states double down and claim $2000 and join as founder member. Does that mean that you pay $999 for only five stocks released tomorrow for USA companies and then when next releases come in 3 x 5 share recommendations do you have to pay more or do you get all 20 recommendations for 2020 financial year ?
All subscriptions lead to believe you are getting something more but but you don't get what you've been lead to believe youre getting.
Can you clarify what shooting stars founder membership get.

Thanks, Garth

Lianne E.The Motley Fool

Hi Garth, If you'd like to email our Member Services team at membersupportau@fool.com.au I would be happy to provide more in-depth information, however, I can confirm that you will receive the full Shooting Stars 2020 portfolio consisting of 20 USD stocks for the offer price listed. This is for a one year term.

Possym

Possymasked

Waiting on a response for the refund of my subscription.

Erin B.The Motley Fool

Hi Possym,

Thank you for your message. I'm sorry to read you haven't received a response yet.

Would you mind re-sending your details (including your email address and surname) to membersupportAU@fool.com.au and someone will be able to assist further.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Fool on!

Grah

Grahasked

Hi I am about to take the plunge for the first time with some super should I wait to see if a recession comes after all this covid 19 or just start with some blue chip stocks now

Erin B.The Motley Fool

Hi Grah,

Thank you for your message.

The Australian Financial Services licensing regime doesn’t permit personal advice to be given without a personal consultation and thorough needs analysis. We provide general advice, which means we can give share recommendations and other advice to our members as a whole, but with the explicit understanding that they should decide if the advice is right for their personal circumstances.

Here at the Motley Fool we have a product suite designed to meet the individual investing needs of our members.

For further details on our services please follow this link:

If you have any further questions please contact the team at membersupportAU@fool.com.au.

Fool on!