The Motley Fool

They get 1 thing right - they call us all fools.

I made the mistake of purchasing one of their products - I am now bombarded with differing new options every other day.
I guess they are working on the concept that they will get one correct every once in a while!
2020 MF -3.4% ME +11.3%.
They are about to become JUNK mail

Peter J.

Peter J.Sydney, NSW

WOW! ACCC Stuff!

Was about to sign up - Horrified to read the pathetic feedback! These people should be reported to ACCC and ASIC. I also hear them on 2GB. I definitely wouldn't want to associated with them. Thanks for the heads up.

Rod R.

Rod R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Only a motley fool would take a subscription for Motley.

Simply couldn't believe that its April tip for Extreme Opportunities was the mighty Kogan from Mr Ruslan. At the time was around 16 dollars. Now just over 10. It was a poorly supported tip too. Where was the meat? Thanks for nothing fool. Fool me once shame on you but there will be no fooling me twice. This from an organisation that was pumping up Webjet when it was over 9 dollars. Now 4.50. Want a capital killer? Follow the fool.

Fool making us fool.

I signup with them, what ever they gave us extreme buy didn’t make money. I have lost huge. Example Buy- NXL,NEA, MP1. They said SELL-RBL it went up. APT Fluke.

DONT SIGN UP!!!!!!!!

I signed up and then started receiving hundreds of non solicited emails out of the blue. Now i spend 20 minutesa day deleting junk mail from my personal email box. Thanks MF. What a mistake!!!!!

Lianne E.The Motley Fool

Not worth your time or money

I subscribed to motley fool. (I guess I’m the fool) . I got bombarded with emails trying to up sell to higher memberships. Every time I went on their website and clicked on an article it wanted me to upgrade my membership. Be warned the base membership gives you absolutely nothing

NeqQuinn

NeqQuinnSouthwest, VIC

Time my enemy, with an answer

Had both Div Investor and Extreme Op services.
At age 77, the "three to five years" frame for DI is perhaps not the best option! My EO portfolio is showing quick increases (mostly) and that is why I have renewed it (after 2 yrs) and ended DI (after 2 yrs). Most of my DI picks are in the black" but not by as much.
The constant stream of new portfolios you offer is a distraction, as I have limited $$s to buy new stocks (at minimum $500+ a time for new shares). Also, wonder why you don't add one or two of your inflection picks into EO portfolio, instead of having to buy into each new portfolio recommended.

Common Denominator hear

Can only agree with every other poster license to receive spam marketing and. Blatant request for more money to receive more emails about more services so you c an receive more spam until you go round and round and disappear up your own portfolio
In stead of repitious cut and paste emails that mean nothing stop being so arrogant and maybe listen to us the consumer
With every review being negative and discussing the same issues I would have thought now and again they could be humble and hear us out.

Darren G.

Darren G.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Motley is the fool

Every time I read something about a share is like listening to a politician, in other words a lot of hot air with absolutely no substance. To the fools at Motley if your going to write something make it worthwhile to read

Neville M.

Neville M.Sydney, NSW

The Motley Fool has been great!

The Motley Fool has had a proud history, picking great winners, in which I have participated. I can trust their recommendations! I have been with them for many years, trusting their recommendations

SPAM!

To many spammed emails wanting me to upscale my subscription. After I write this, I'm cancelling it! 1 star = spam. And I see that my Spam emails have increased too! Is it a coin incidence that it started shortly after I signed up with Fool? Hmmm... See ya!

Glenn

Glenn

Be patient.

I am unsure what all the negative noise reviews are about with regards to what yields people are receiving if they follow the MF selective stocks. I have been a subscribed member for approximately one month and so far I am ahead $7400. As the MF strategist repeats frequently, they are here for the long haul and back it by putting some of their own skin in the game.
Be patient follow their road map and enjoy the financial ride to success.

kezz

kezzVictoria, 3028

Flooded with junk

Michael D

Michael DAU

Save your money

I followed a few of their tips before investing so saved quite a bit by not jumping in. The market is hard to read in the short term so I don't attribute much fault in that regard. My issue with them is that I basically paid a subscription for them to send me, just about daily, "offers" to join much more select groups of even "better" investments. It's like I paid for the privilege of them being able to send me junk mail. I've unsubscribed so I have no real complaint now I guess.

Investor

InvestorSydney, NSW

Absolutely terrible. Waste of money!!!

Bought several so called "highly recommended" shares which are performing way below the market average. Would have been better off just picking random stocks with my eyes shut. Would not recommend them to anyone.

Jason W.Perth, WA

Not worth the money

Repeated recommendations, poor performance, recommendations normally come after a growth spike and missed opportunity.
Most of the “exclusive” recommendation are flogged to death in the free articles.
This really is just a cash grab scam.

Jason W.

fool to join, hard to disable this scam!

Scam, simple as that! Join three times, lost money thousand times, you follow by paying more of a recommend stock, and fall straight after. M Fool sure make money the easy way. Don't be a fool, pick your own stocks blind-fold will be much better.

Christopher

ChristopherFar North Queensland, QLD

This is almost perfect - can't imagine living without it.

I enjoy the info sent out from all sources, it's always an interesting read & informative (sometimes too compelling - FOMO ?) but sometimes a bit too much correspondence (sales prompts) sent out.
Very much enjoying the ShareAdvisor & Extreme versions I am currently restricted to due to "monetary constraints", & look forward to expanding all involvement in the not-too-distant future as I believe you are doing a great job.
Keep up the good work - I think you deal with a very exciting & important part of my financial future in a thoroughly professional & trustworthy way.
Thanks.

Frank

FrankSydney, NSW

Scam, scam, scam

I am very regret to listen to these advise to sell my bank stock. I lost half a million until now. They just want to cheat your subscription fee, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting.

I paid for two years subscription fee. They sent me stock pick only once and disappeared. Bombarded with further advertisements and further subscription fee. I am so regretting.

Iliketosay

IliketosaySydney, NSW

Absolutely foolish

I signed up to their service knowing I may be bombarded by marketing emails and yes, sure enough, I was. I ended up paying for two subscriptions. I wanted my money back for one of the subscriptions after noticing they charged me USD instead of the advertised $98AUD. What irked me the most was that instead of giving me back what I paid for, they refunded me how much $98 AUD was worth in USD on the date of refund. This turned out to be less than what I paid for. Total outright scammers. This is really how they make their money, by treating you like a fool.

stephen s.

stephen s.asked

Why is it that I as a member of SHARE ADVISOR and DIVIDEND INVESYTOR can not open the membership
site to view our scorecard. I keep getting 404 fault.a You have sent me site details which do not help
Steve

Stephen Wasked

I phoned the crew and got a young lady that had no idea with knowledge of shares. I could hear she put me on speaker and was answered in the background with little credibility... Not impressed. I wanted to know about the information I will get if I joined? What is a value share ?? How can I decide which of the three, Gems, Value or high risk, in FOOL, I NEED ??? Does the 5G come with Gems or where ?? You are asking for money with NO information to make an informed decision. Can I phone and ask for one of the boys???
Stephen

Berne D.
Berne D.

I got a 24 month subscription but cancelled auto renewal could not access my account after 19 months after my complaint the send my a link to solve the problem, but after opening this link the ask for another renewal amount bought a lot of best by of the month 70% made a loss up to 60% except NDQ & MQG read the Financial Review und different internet reviews and make up your own mind I did that in the past and was very Lucky or by ETFs or index Shares

Stephen W

Berne,, Thank you for your reply...
Can you give me a few " ETF or Index share co. ",, that you and others are happy with ????.. Stephen

Lianne E.The Motley Fool

Hi Stephen, I'm very sorry to hear your experience was not a good one, we'd love to help resolve the matter and provide you with answers to your questions.

I have provided the link to our full service suite here, in the first instance, which I hope will provide sufficient information on the services we offer.

The Australian Financial Services licensing regime doesn’t permit personal advice to be given without a personal consultation and thorough needs analysis.

We provide general advice, which means we can give share recommendations and other advice to our members as a whole, but with the explicit understanding that they should decide if the advice is right for their personal circumstances.

You may also find the following links from our site helpful in order to understand a little more about The Motley Fool.

Our Investing Philosophy: https://www.fool.com.au/our-philosophy/

What is Value investing: https://www.fool.com.au/definitions/value-investing/

There are many other great articles on our free site at www.fool.com.au linked under the 'Invest' heading at the top of the page.

Should you have any specific questions in relation to a particular service please email me at membersupportau@fool.com.au.

I hope this helps.

Sandra C.

Sandra C.asked

I have been offered shooting stars which deal finishes at midnight 17/06/20, it states double down and claim $2000 and join as founder member. Does that mean that you pay $999 for only five stocks released tomorrow for USA companies and then when next releases come in 3 x 5 share recommendations do you have to pay more or do you get all 20 recommendations for 2020 financial year ?
All subscriptions lead to believe you are getting something more but but you don't get what you've been lead to believe youre getting.
Can you clarify what shooting stars founder membership get.

Thanks, Garth

Lianne E.The Motley Fool

Hi Garth, If you'd like to email our Member Services team at membersupportau@fool.com.au I would be happy to provide more in-depth information, however, I can confirm that you will receive the full Shooting Stars 2020 portfolio consisting of 20 USD stocks for the offer price listed. This is for a one year term.

Get an answer from our members and The Motley Fool representatives