Richard

RichardSydney, NSW

Pretty average tips, generally

I’m on extreme opportunities and I can’t say I’m overly impressed.
Pretty much all the ones I went
in on were duds
I’ve done better on my own research and picks

Ajit

Ajit Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst company ever. Fraud

They are fraud. They don’t have any new recommendations for last two months except same three companies! Don’t waste your money. Why the government allow this company to operate? No idea. Extremely unhappy with “extreme opportunity” product

Col

ColNorthern Region, NSW

Happy user

I use three of their advisory services and have done for a few years. There is some crossover within services but that’s expected. There is some upsell, like any good business will attempt to do to increase profits. If I’m not interested then I use my ‘Delete’ key. I’m well in front overall and invest for the long term.

Cez

CezAU

Bought 3 shares on their advice - all overpriced

After reading their almost everyday email, I finally decided to buy 3 of their highly recommended shares. All were overpriced. After few days, ALL 3 went down almost 30%. After holding on to the shares for more than 2 years, 2 were bought back as. ‘Non marketable’ shares. Lost all. Lucky I was able to deduct the loss from income tax. Never again.

Disgraceful

Bought subscription only to be asked to upgrade time after time. The few shares they advised dropped over 20% by the end of the next day? Sounds like a company that gets people buying the stock then the motley fool advisors sell their stocks and leave investors high and dry. Would never recommend and demand a refund of my subscription or this is being reported to the ombudsman.

AnonymousSydney, NSW

Terrible.. upselling is only thing they are good at. Avoid.

Subscribed believing there will be advise on stocks, however all I am bombarded with is showing a number of their additional services. I have not received a single meaningful advise, or it may be lost in 10s of advertising/upselling emails they send. Pathetic service.

Anonymous

Thanks for your prompt reply. I am in contact with your team, and the subscription is now cancelled with full refund promised.

Peoplearefunny

PeoplearefunnyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pay for the right to be marketed to constantly

I have now followed advice on 4 different stocks and am down over 20% on those.
All they do is try to upsell you for the "good" advice. Always have their hands out for more money. Not the service I thought I was buying at all

Wk S.

Wk S.South East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing overlap of services.

Very disappointing overlap of services. Bought one service and then get so many emails to subscribe to other services if you want to so called hot tips. This is bad.

Decent advisory.

Have been using theirs extreme opp sefvice for last two years. They have given some decent recommendations for some small caps. So out of 15-20 recos 5-7 have come quite well which covers the not so good recos. All in all I found the service usefull.

Lianne E.The Motley Fool

Hi Abhi, thank you for your welcomed feedback. We're delighted to hear you are enjoying your time as a fellow Fool and we're excited to be a part of your investing journey. Fool On!

Berne D.South East Queensland, QLD

Stay away from this share adviser

My Son bought Me in Feb. 2019 a 2 year Membership by Motley fool. But I can’t access my subscription anymore after sending a complaint i received a email that the recognised this and send me a link to pay again but my membership has still 5 months to go. But anyway 80% of there recommendations I bought did make a 30 to 70% loss

Not worth

I have used their service is just crap all over , I got only 2 email which is about the product I bought other wise everyday go 10 EMIAL FOR MARKETING , please do not subscribe its just waste of money . batter do your research or go for some professional. Lost my money ...0/1Million.

benzainey

benzaineyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Attempts to upsell are non-stop

I’m receiving nearly an email or two a day about new products and new groups that I need to sign up to, and all of them had a very high price tag at the initial signup. I would not recommend this product at all, none of the stocks that they have recommended have returned anything near what they predicted.

Ashy

Ashy

Their stock selections are very poor

Not a great stock pick. Not worth the subscriptions. some of their US stocks are good to pick but ASX stock is crap. Do your own research before you follow their advice.

Lindsay S

Lindsay SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Down 75% on shares bought 7 yrs ago

Listening to this crowd is an absolute gamble. There is no worth in paying for the advice as it’s all a guessing game and I can guess pretty well without forking our my hard earned cash paying for someone to tell me my guesses.

Yes they will disagree with my experience claiming I haven’t given them enough time.

However, I bought these 6 shares based on their advice 7 years ago and I’m still down 75% on what I put in.
Call it bad luck or whatever but I know what it was, and I call that bad advice....

Craig3486

Craig3486AU

Does its best

Stock picking is tough even for the professionals, so happy with the service and its associated features. I will say that I'm ahead of the game using Motleys recommendations and hope that trend continues.

Sanjib

SanjibGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Waste of money and time

I have subscribed for Extreme Opportunity service and lost money :) i am the fool :) for last 3 months they have recommended only 3 stocks, before that there were 3 different one. I followed their recommendation and lost money.
My own research made me 30%. May be mere luck but not from the motley recommendation.

marcus k.

marcus k.Sydney, NSW

Dont get duped

Whatever stocks being recommended put it on your watchlist but dont buy them. Instead watch them decline in value. Stocks being recommended are being dumped, nad the one profit-taking could be Motley themselves. One good example is RUL.

Sephen

SephenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Pick your service carefully

Generally I have been happy with my memberships but feel PRO service has become overpriced given the level of service provided. I will not renew this membership. The Extreme Opportunities service is by far better value and a lot of the recommendations end up in PRO.
There is too much marketing of minor differential services which only adds to the impression that analysts are being spread more thinly over the various services but the prices remain inflated.

Satisfied customer

I have tried a few investment advice companies over the last 35 years but have stuck with Motley Fool through the ups and downs because I believe in the advice presented and the open frank way that it is given.

SPMelbourne

SPMelbourneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Most convoluted advisory service with massive overlaps and delayed recommendations

Stephen Wasked

I phoned the crew and got a young lady that had no idea with knowledge of shares. I could hear she put me on speaker and was answered in the background with little credibility... Not impressed. I wanted to know about the information I will get if I joined? What is a value share ?? How can I decide which of the three, Gems, Value or high risk, in FOOL, I NEED ??? Does the 5G come with Gems or where ?? You are asking for money with NO information to make an informed decision. Can I phone and ask for one of the boys???
Stephen

Berne D.

I got a 24 month subscription but cancelled auto renewal could not access my account after 19 months after my complaint the send my a link to solve the problem, but after opening this link the ask for another renewal amount bought a lot of best by of the month 70% made a loss up to 60% except NDQ & MQG read the Financial Review und different internet reviews and make up your own mind I did that in the past and was very Lucky or by ETFs or index Shares

Stephen W

Berne,, Thank you for your reply...
Can you give me a few " ETF or Index share co. ",, that you and others are happy with ????.. Stephen

Lianne E.The Motley Fool

Hi Stephen, I'm very sorry to hear your experience was not a good one, we'd love to help resolve the matter and provide you with answers to your questions.

I have provided the link to our full service suite here, in the first instance, which I hope will provide sufficient information on the services we offer.

The Australian Financial Services licensing regime doesn’t permit personal advice to be given without a personal consultation and thorough needs analysis.

We provide general advice, which means we can give share recommendations and other advice to our members as a whole, but with the explicit understanding that they should decide if the advice is right for their personal circumstances.

You may also find the following links from our site helpful in order to understand a little more about The Motley Fool.

Our Investing Philosophy: https://www.fool.com.au/our-philosophy/

What is Value investing: https://www.fool.com.au/definitions/value-investing/

There are many other great articles on our free site at www.fool.com.au linked under the 'Invest' heading at the top of the page.

Should you have any specific questions in relation to a particular service please email me at membersupportau@fool.com.au.

I hope this helps.

Sandra C.

Sandra C.asked

I have been offered shooting stars which deal finishes at midnight 17/06/20, it states double down and claim $2000 and join as founder member. Does that mean that you pay $999 for only five stocks released tomorrow for USA companies and then when next releases come in 3 x 5 share recommendations do you have to pay more or do you get all 20 recommendations for 2020 financial year ?
All subscriptions lead to believe you are getting something more but but you don't get what you've been lead to believe youre getting.
Can you clarify what shooting stars founder membership get.

Thanks, Garth

Lianne E.The Motley Fool

Hi Garth, If you'd like to email our Member Services team at membersupportau@fool.com.au I would be happy to provide more in-depth information, however, I can confirm that you will receive the full Shooting Stars 2020 portfolio consisting of 20 USD stocks for the offer price listed. This is for a one year term.

Possym

Possymasked

Waiting on a response for the refund of my subscription.

Erin B.The Motley Fool

Hi Possym,

Thank you for your message. I'm sorry to read you haven't received a response yet.

Would you mind re-sending your details (including your email address and surname) to membersupportAU@fool.com.au and someone will be able to assist further.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Fool on!