2The Motley Fool

1.9
1.7

Peej
Peej3 posts

Many of the MF “recommendations” are simply to “buy more” of something they have already recommended ( which has lost money anyway). They say time in the market is better than timing the market, but a large majority of their picks have consistently lost money, but they want you to keep following their picks and to keep investing money (in some cases years) with little success! Your pockets just aren’t that deep and you will run out of money before making any with these “fools” ! Steer Clear and don’t be drawn in by the constant barrage of offers to try one of their other more expensive offers (and there will be many) ! I am a member, but it has been an absolute waste of time and money and luckily I have never taken their advice. Avoid !
Vicky K.
Vicky K.

Hate motley fool

Motley fool post articles and videos, by a bunch of amateurs, lousy articles
Pamela
PamelaSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Not very good

I have really got nothing from this financial product the Motley Fool. Wish I never spent the money. Continually sending out marketing emails. There website is very basic and not many resources. I haven't found it helpful at all. Maybe if you can afford to wait 5 - 10 years to turn a profit. I need wealth building right now. Then focus on long term investing. Nothing new about this passive income stream. You can do better.
Nabil
NabilSydney, NSW

Deceptive bad advice

I find The Motley Fool to be clickbait that often leads to potentially poor investment advice. Recently, they promoted a company boasting a dividend yield of 9.6%. This recommendation contradicts the typical advice of caution towards companies offering high dividends, especially considering this company's historical average dividend of around 1%. This discrepancy raises concerns about the reliability of The Motley Fool's guidance, as it appears to deviate from standard investment principles.
James K.
James K.

Should have put my money in meme coins

Terrible calls with a dishonest auto renew feature, stay away
Justin V.
Justin V.

Very very bad stock advice

Incredibly bad stock tips. I should have read here first. All of the tips they gave are down. But not just a bit down. 5g and DTC are down 80 and 90%. And that’s not unusual. They are sooooo bad it is incredible they are still around. I am shattered I trusted them. They are the worst ever.
FRED
FREDMawson 2607, ACT11 posts

Fools run their membership services

I am a member of share advisor and cannot get online access despite countless emails
Mitch M.
Mitch M.2 posts

Relentless Spam wanting more money

First subscription to a share advice company. The advice which is often published on free sites is 10% of the subscription. The other 90% of the mail I receive is 'once in a life time opportunities ' to pay for a better service & advice. If only I had read these reviews! Blocked my subscription half way through to stop the relentless marketing of offers that show returns a decade ago. If only they would concentrate on providing good advice as advertised. Look elsewhere
Chris k
Chris kCanberra 2600, ACT16 posts

Invest money directly in etf, motley fool is a scam

I was member for couple of years, lost all the money due to extreme poor motley fool advice or just a scam to pup the price up. Those people hiding after general comments not advise. In my opinion this industry should be investigated by ASIC
Jeff
JeffGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC39 posts

Buy Appen and more Appen ( worst advice ever)

Yep- this was the one amongst others that have cost me a lot of money- no wonder they are offering deal at the moment.
Appen is down 90% as of today since their recommendation
Jim
Jim5 posts

Terrible experiance

Terrible experience. sign you up only to be bombarded with emails trying to sell you other packages which I thought I signed up and paid for. I cannot recommend it at all. I don't know which emails to go through and find recommendations as they send so many just going to block them and accept it lost money.
Cugel The Clever
Cugel The CleverSydney, NSW11 posts

Low life bald headed moron

I signed up thinking it would be useful information but instead got nonsense articles about crap butt stocks no one heard of and performed badly
I had better results consulting my auntie using tea leaves
Jenny O.
Jenny O.

No “tips or advise” just junk mail asking for $$$

This subscription is an absolute con. All I have received are numerous verbose emails not providing any investment “tips” other than …. Spend more money with us to (possibly) receive some useful information. Is that why we are address as “fools”?
GdeM
GdeM4 posts

Beware

After paying a joining fee my email address was flooded with junk email pushing for more fees.
Having requested a refund I now find they have debited my credit card yet again.
Credit card fraud is unacceptable.
md p.
md p.

stop fooling people

Be honest to say your veiws are run by cowboys

P and F

I love how they mention a stock they recommended is up say 200% yet it is completely determined by the date they pick. They fail to mention those that may have bought the same stock (at their recommendation) two weeks earlier and are now sitting at a massive loss. What a SCAM. SHAMEFUL.

DJM
DJM

Your subscription service is really attractive, but if one's circumstances-priorities change, hopefully, temporarily, it is EXTREMELY difficult to find the option to Suspend or Discontinue a Subscription.

If Motley Fool is so ethical and successful, why is it necessary to make it so difficult to Exit your subscription Programs?

I have used many websites for eCommerce purchases and Subscriptions, but this experience does not give a Very Good image for future contact or recommendation. This is so very disappointing as I had high expectations for a long-term business relationship which I could gladly recommend to my large number of contacts. Finally, it was only when I searched for reviews that I found your email address for contact. This whole process has been so frustrating.

I am no computer illiterate, with at least 45 years of experience in the IT industry. I am still a volunteer computer tutor for senior citizens for many years and this is EXACTLY the type of experience that Turns them OFF website experiences like the one I have described.

I have been working on this problem 'off & on' for a few months, and I have incurred a few hundred $US fees for an Unused Service. As your website is .com.au I expected any fees would be in $A, but no I got charged a Foreign currency Fee in addition to the promotion fee.

A Very Disappointed & Upset Subscriber from Australia.

After reading many of the reviews, I will ADD some more of my opinion based on the Experience.

It all becomes Very Clear, the Motley Fool system makes FOOLS of all who subscribe.

The system is designed to be Easy to Subscribe & VERY HARD to UNSUBSCRIBE. which should be just as easy...but no Customer Service is designed to make it harder and time-consuming. Which is VERY short-sighted, unless the subtext is to have MOST of us keep the Subscription going for at least 12 months, that's how to make money. But rather Lose Customers and Annoy these same customers so much that they will go online and WRITE NEGATIVE reviews.

So Disappointing and a hard lesson in how to Destroy a business and its reputation. I am copying this Review to the Motley Fool email addresses, that I can find & I will post here the time it takes for a refund of the last 2 months' fees & any positive response to my Negative experience. DJM

The Motley Fool