Physical store, Online store

2.2

Theft - False advertising - Terrible

I ordered my Hugo Boss frames through Optical Superstore on 31st Jan 2020 and paid 75. Weeks later and only after enquiring a number of times asking why they hadn’t been delivered my email was eventually answered, it said that the item had been sold out and asked me if i wanted an alternative, I didn’t. I then emailed them back a further 3 times asking for a refund. Over a week later I received a further email to inform me that my refund had been issued and that it would be in my account within 4 day. 8 days later i am still waiting for my refund 7/03/20. I have emailed every day since asking why I haven’t had my refund, NO REPLY! They are not to be trusted. Be warned! I am now taking further measures to recover my money.

d.m.

d.m.South East Queensland, QLD

Won’t go back ever

Arrived on time for my appointment
Staff condescending, rude
Waited 45 minutes whilst staff chatted with optician
Obviously staff consider customer service beneath them
Will never go back
Pines store Elanora
There are other options in the Pines
Avoid the opticle superstore

Store LocationThe Pines Elanora
Chris

ChrisQueensland

TV Add.

TV. Add is pathetic and annoying. Staff ignored our presence after waiting for quite a while so we walked out never to return. We wont be going back to this company better service elsewhere

Store LocationMaroochydore

Why I keep coming back

Never had a problem in booking a suitable time for eye tests. Always found staff to be professional and friendly. Staff also knowledgeable in explaining how deals work with my private health insurance. Good range of affordable frames. Good value for money.

Store LocationBrookside

Joan

JoanMurray Region, NSW

Glasses out of focus

Glasses were out of focus
They were sent back but came back just the same
I could see better out of my very old pair than I could out of the new ones from optical ones

Store LocationAlbury
Graham Swift

Graham SwiftMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Staff no support !

Went in to get glasses for myself and wife. Wanted advice over two for one offer and the poor attempt at service was appalling. Treated like a fool for asking questions. Will never go back to that shop.

Store LocationAdelaide CBD

Brett.RCentral Queensland, QLD

Life changing! For all the wrong reasons!

Pathetic service, treated like a child, l was told I must be putting my glasses on top of my head, when if knowing my prescription it’s the last place I would put them!Substandard product. 8 week wait between 2 warranty issues for work safety glasses

Will NEVER go back!

Fattycat

FattycatMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Price

The store was ok. Staff were alright but it was the price I couldn't get over. One pair of bi focal with transition lens and the cheapest frames was $318.00. After I had mine ordered my husband went to OPSM to get a new pair for himself. His eye test bifocals and drops in the eye were $30.00 and his frames $50.00. After the $318.00 they now want $20.00 to put the drops in. How do two optometrists vary so much?

Waste of money

I bought my specs from the Kippa Ring store 7 months ago. They seemed fine at first but that didn't last long, esp coz I have nerve damage due to a congenital brain condition. I went to OPSM for a second opinion coz I bought glasses from them before, & they told me that the left lens was weak & that's my good eye. I gave Optical a copy of the script from OPSM & they said there's nothing they can do about it. I didn't want a refund I just wanted glasses coz I can't see without them but all they seem to care about is money. They stuffed up my script & now I have to suffer for another year. Cheap but crap glasses. Never using them again.

Youtuber

YoutuberSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible rude staff at elanora not the first time I’m never going back

The staff were condescending the first time I went, but thinking the glasses looked ok I persevered and booked an eye test online.

I was a few minutes late as it was a busy day and I couldn’t get a car park and am slow to walk being disabled. They wouldn’t listen to my reasons and cancelled my appointment without offering another. The staff were rude and unhelpful rolling their eyes when they thought I wasn’t looking. Truly AWFUL experience that I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy I will never set foot in that store again and nor will my friends or family.

7 minutes

Called to make an appointment. Was offered cancelled appointment that day which I took. Arrived 7 minutes late to find my appointment had. Wen given to someone else. Wasted journey ( on my lunch break) no phone call, no offer of another appointment. Lost business.

Brat

BratCairns

Disgusting.

Excellent outcome from my poor choice of frames

Complain about service

My husband had an appointment at the Southport store to have his eyes tested 20th July. On arrival was told there was nobody there to test them. He has got terminal cancer and it was a big effort for him to get there from Helensvale. Service not good enough, we won't be back.

Michael

MichaelORMISTON

Staff with Attitude

I have ordered Contact Lenses for the last three years and today there was an issue with the website so I called the Capalaba Store. Natalie informed me that she could order them in but that as my prescription expired on the 1st of July, I must have an eye exam. I informed her that I don,t need a prescription on the online store and she informed me that I do. The issue is that when I told her she was misinformed, she frankly stated she is not and I am welcome to go back to the website and try and if I get away with it then good luck to me. This type of attitude is uncalled for and I will look to take my business elsewhere.

Bellajaspar

BellajasparAU

Ok service and eye exam but absolutely terrible glasses and lenses.

Both my wife and I went into the Booragoon store and selected frames and had eye tests. My wife's lenses lasted three months and are scratched and unusable...the frames are hopeless and unserviceable. My glasses are similarly useless with the added fact they don't focus on what I wanted them for..too late so sad. Overall, this years experience with them is 100% worse than we had last year...otherwise why did we go back? Very disappointed with the product and recommendations. Whatever happened between the last year and now has clearly impacted on their ability to provide an acceptable product... we won't be returning.

Pathetic

I ordered a pair of glasses from the Albury optical superstore they took a month to arrive properly first I had to ring store after hearing nothing for 2 weeks they apologized and said they were sitting in lab with no name on them and they didnt have my phone number written down properly then promised in a week had to call in ten days it seems they sent wrong script so offered them to me anyway then offered to redo them and give them to me for free like it was a gift
It was poor service then after a bad review on local guide I was harassed to take it down because after all I got the glasses for free...sorry business gone wont be back again.

Service lacking

I found the staff at Riverlink lacking manners and good customer service to busy being argumentative instead of listening. I will never go back.

Cathy

Cathywagga

Sun glasses tint is terrible! Staff difficult

Unhappy52

Unhappy52asked

Physical store

If I purchases glasses through you what happens if I have a problem with the glasses? How long will you fix them?

Brett.R

Anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks and guaranteed to break again within a couple of weeks

Bill

Billasked

The Optical Superstore

Can you give a certificate of ability to drive car?

Damien K.

Each state in Australia has slightly different rules regarding sight testing for drivers licenses and it is advisable to contact your appropriate department to ask these FAQ’s. In NSW, if you need to undertake a full eye test to determine if you require prescription glasses to wear while driving, then you must get an appointment with an optometrist so that they can prescribe glasses as well as sign off on the document that needs to be submitted to Services NSW to complete your application for a drivers licence

Lynne

Lynneasked

The Optical Superstore

Anyone had issues with lens coating its like its peeling off?

Bradstone
Bradstone

No, but mine wore off just through normal every day wear, and cleaning. (I can be vigorous with a cloth)

Yes, my husband is on his 3rd pair, all doing the same thing

Damien K.

If you have purchased a lens coating that eliminates reflection, then there are a few things that you need to do so that the coating can last longer. Firstly, clean your glasses with ingredients that are pH neutral, non alcoholic, ammonia, or acetone based as all these things will break down the coating. Never use hot water and soap and never leave your glasses directly in a hot environment (eg dashboard of car). These will destroy your glasses. Use tissues that Don’t have oils or fragrances to wipe the lenses, microfibre cloths are ok, provided they are clean and NEVER use your clothes to clean your glasses.

Other Optical Retailers