The Original PC Doctor

The Original PC Doctor

AVOID at all costs!

The service from the beginning was appalling. I had a USB stick which was damaged and needed to get the files off it. After calling a few different companies with around the roughly the same quotes on price and time I decided to go with The Original PC Doctor, as they had told me they were one of only 3 companies in Australia who had access to the software which could extract the data from my damaged USB stick. The other companies has been very up front about having to send off the USB stick for repair, but still came back with the same time frame to do the repairs. The Original PC Doctor could do it on site at their Ringwood location. I initially spoke to someone who turned out to be a tech person, who quoted 3 days for the repair and between $500 and $800 (worst case).
So I drove over and put my USB stick in, after initially looking at the USB drive and noting that the physical appearance was in good tact compared to most of the cases they get in, I was asked for a $130 to run the diagnostic tests on the stick. Noting that the guy at reception was great, polite and helpful. I was happy to pay up and then I would be called with a quote on full repairs later (my impression was later that day). 3 days later I called to see where my USB was at and I was told that it hadn't been looked at and that I would be contacted when the repair team had the chance to look at it. Being sensitive and urgent information on the USB stick I asked when this was going to happen as I was under time pressures. I was told within the time of 5 business days JUST to tell me if they could get information off it and a list of what documents could be recovered. I said I was quoted 3 days to do the full repairs and return it to me. They played the dumb card of "Oh I don't know who told you that but this is standard turn around time", despite telling her exactly who has quoted me that she was adamant this was normal. Frustratingly I gave up and said I'd wait the 2 more days. 2 days passed and I hadn't heard anything from them, so I phoned again to see where it was at, I was then told it was 14 BUSINESS days to run the diagnostic test to even see if they could get anything off it - no repairs whatsoever at this stage. I told that woman the previous womans name and that she had said 5 business days, and that initially I was told 3 business days to fully repair as I was taking it "directly to them and they have the technology on site" blatantly talking themselves up. I told them not to worry and I would collect my USB and take it elsewhere and I wanted a refund, all of a sudden my USB went from "Hasn't been tested yet" to "Currently being tested" therefor it couldn't be removed without potentially corrupting or losing any data that might be on there, blackmail at it's finest!!
I said I was in a rush and if they could please hurry. After 14 BUSINESS days and multiple phone calls in between they were still working on it. Absolutely fed up with them holding my USB because it couldn't be stopped during the testing (that lasted longer than an effing week), I had given up. Was called and told the USB would be $1,200+ to repair (regardless of the fact that it was in great physical shape and I was told the top end repair cost was $800). I nearly cried, out of not only frustration but the pure disregard they had in relation to their own empty promises and complete lack of professionalism handling the situation.
I told them I would not be paying that I would collect my USB, their response "oh but you get the $130 off the repair from the amount you've already paid, you might as well do it" literally tried to coax me into paying the exorbitant repair fees which I suspect they made up anyway as when I asked why the cost was so high compared to the initial costing they couldn't explain other than the extensive damage to the USB stick (load of crap). Picked up my USB stick, felt bad for the poor bloke who worked there, as he himself had said he was applying for other jobs trying to get out of there, which is never a good sign.
I never actually received a list of the documents that could be recovered which is what I paid my $130 for, asked for a refund, said it wasn't possible because they had already run the diagnostics - but got no results and had nothing to show for it? I don't understand what kind of scam they are working on, but I am so glad to see the last of them. I am a pretty tolerate person, but after weeks and weeks of agonising dealings with these people all I can say is stay the hell away from them. They are nothing short of scammers trying to get more money from people and lying the whole time.

Took my USB to one of the alternate repair places, had it back within 5 days (not business) despite them sending it off site, and fully recovered all the documents for less than $500, this further proves The Original PC Doctor are a complete rort.

Your man Eugene has done a wonderful job to repair my Laptop

He knew what the prob was, and could fix it. My laptop now work well.
He explained clearly about how to keep it in working condition and would take care of it again in case prob happens again. Thanks you very much Eugene.

Andre phoned & advised what time he would arrive, arrived on time. Identified problem quickly, within fifteen minutes & I was able to purchase required parts to get back up & running. Highly recommend.

Excellent service

The service was incredible - a consultant visited the day we lodged our call, and they fixed the problem for us in a friendly and expert manner. Very impressed. Thank you

Excellent and timely service

Thank you very much for the prompt service. Andrew the technician was not only very knowledgeable and friendly but also extremely helpful and efficient. My problem was solved in the briefest of times.

Service Issue Resolved

After having a service issue I was contacted by PCDoctor. After explaining to them that I was not satisfied with the result of the service, they offered a full refund. My dealings with Emil were courteous and professional

Fantastic!!!

James was awesome he really helped fixing my issue and was very pleasant to deal with. It was a very prompt service and exceed my expectations

Hi Amanda, thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on James and the team, all comments have been passed on and were well received. We are pleased that you enjoyed a experience with us, as providing a pleasant yet professional service is something that we pride our organisation on. Thanks again, John Pititto - Managing Director.

Very happy!

Thank you for your prompt service. Our computer problem has been solved.
Andy the technician was very professional and knew what needed to be done straight away.
Very happy.

Hi Yvette, We're glad you enjoyed the service with Andy and we appreciate your kind feedback. We hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, The Original PC Doctor

Fantastic

James was very helpful, he just got straight to it and was very efficient. Recommend the pc dr. Thank you

Hi Kaz, we're absolutely over the moon to receive this great feedback on James and more importantly, we're thrilled you had such a wonderful experience. Thank you for this 5-star feedback and happy computing, from the team at The Original PC Doctor.

No idea what they are like as no reply to either request for a quote

Their webpage states "If you are experiencing any problems with your technology please enter your details below and one of our helpful helpdesk staff will contact you back in 30 minutes or less."

It is now 18 hours since my first contact with no reply and approximately 3 hours since my second attempt. Obviously not interested in the business. Will find someone who is.

Good afternoon Kristen, Thank you for sharing your perspective of your interaction with our service team in the last 18 hours. We are obviously very disappointed to read your comments, as we pride ourselves on our customer interactions and consistent delivery of quality products and services. After reviewing the evidence with my team, there have been attempts to contact you back but you did not answer the phone. Our calls may come from either a Sydney (02) number or Melbourne (03) number hence people don't pick as they think its telemarketers. While we have technicians all over Australia, our call center is centralised. Alternatively you are more than welcome to call us and we will be able to fix your computer for you. I apologies for any confusion and frustration this may have caused you. If you ever have any issues you can just call in on 1300 723 628 its a 24 hour service that runs 7 Days a week. I am 100% confident that if we did get in touch with you would have been impressed with our technicians and high level of service. Our team takes all feedback very seriously and as a result of your comments we will review our processes internally to see what we can do to eliminate any possibility of similar quality issues in the future. I apologize for any inconvenience that has been caused and I am confident we can deliver a wonderful experience and new computer the second time round. Should you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me on 1300723628. Yours sincerely, John Pititto, Managing Director The Original PC Doctor.

Prompt and efficient with professional knowledge

their help desk is very prompt and helpful and good follow up regarding my appointment. Price is reasonable and service is efficient and technician was on time to my appointment booking.

Hi Anna, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Thank you and we wish you all the best, The Original PC Doctor.

Clean up email addresses and computer

I found that james was very helpful and I will be using him again for all my computer problems as I am only learning

Hi Wesley, thank you for sharing your experience with us. Great to hear your feedback on James, we will be sure to pass that through to him. Have a lovely day from the team at The Original PC Doctor.

Fast and friendly service

First time using the Original PC Doctor. I found customer service and help desk personnel to be extremely friendly and helpful. Jay, the technician, was professional, knowledgeable and friendly. Worked quickly and was very helpful and willing to answer questions.

Hi Kimberly, thank you for sharing your experience with us. Great to hear your feedback on Jay, we will be sure to pass that through to him. Have a lovely day from the team at The Original PC Doctor.

exceelnt communicaion and service

used twice recently, very happy , recognised problems and remedied efficiently.
no hesitattion in recommending.why do you need twenty word

Hi Joe, we're delighted to read this wonderful review(s) on your recent experiences. Thank you and happy computing, from the team at The Original PC Doctor

Great Service

It was a pleasure dealing with Jay from The Original PC Doctor. I was very impressed by his work ethic and knowledge of my product. Thank you

Hi Rob, We're glad you enjoyed the service by Jay and we appreciate your kind feedback. We hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, The Original PC Doctor

Excellent service - would strongly recommend it wothout qualification

Excellent customer service protocols and processes for any follow up contact. The technician was professional and knew his job, also providing helpful advice along the way. Very satisfied.

Hi Khalid, We're delighted to hear about your satisfying experience with our Canberra service team. Please also let us know if there any areas you think we can improve upon. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we hope to see you again in the near future. Kind regards, John Pititto - The Original PC Doctor.

I did not like this service

I felt very exploited. They had my computer for over a month, kept telling me there was something else wrong with it. I paid extra with the guarantee it would be ready by a certain date, they did not do this (I needed it for work). I paid a lot of money..
My advice (if you have the time) - find out what is wrong with your computer, buy the part yourself and fix it for more than half the cost and time.Or go to a local, smaller run computer business which has more time to communicate effectively and invest in your computer.
I think this business depends on the problem with your computer, obviously mine required a part so they couldn't fix it on the spot, so they began a ridiculous exploitation process with me. Extremely angry and unhappy with this service. If it is something that can be fixed on the spot it seems this service works, which is probably where all the good reviews come from. So if it is a problem which requires a part I don't recommend this business, if you need a quick fix it is probably fine.
My experience was very frustrating, expensive and time consuming.

Good Morning Holly, I just tried to call your mobile phone but there was no answer. This is the first we have heard that you are dissatisfied with the service - I am sorry to hear this. Thank you for sharing your perspective of your interaction with our service team and the repair of computer. We are obviously very disappointed to read your comments, as we pride ourselves on our customer interactions and consistent delivery of quality products and services. After reviewing the evidence with my team, your Lenovo 900 had a main-board issue. In response to what you are recommending people to fix their own computers; 1) Unless you have a degree in electrical engineering and at least 3 years experience in laptop repairs YES you could buy the parts and repair your own laptop. With regards to using your local computer retailer for this sort of repair; 1) Most cannot perform laptop repairs esp chip-level (electrical board) repairs 2) Most other local shops are closed over the Christmas and New years period, we are only closed for the main public holidays ( 3 days in total ) The reason your job took longer than normal is we tried to save you some money be recommending that we attempt a main-board repair. This repair failed and then you were given the option to then go ahead and replace the main-board, which you accepted. Yes we did not meet the deadline to deliver this by new years eve, but this was due to the fact that we had delays with courier companies over the Christmas/new years period. I understand where you are coming from and we must look incompetent and apologise that we did not deliver your laptop on-time due to delays in getting your parts over the holiday period. Our team takes all feedback very seriously and as a result of your comments we will review our processes internally to see what we can do to eliminate any possibility of similar quality issues in the future. I apologize for any inconvenience that has been caused and I am confident we can deliver a wonderful experience should you use our services again. Should you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me on 1300723628. Yours Sincerely, John Pititto, Managing Director The Original PC Doctor.

Great service. Both timely and professional

Took a look at the situation and solved the problem. The tech knew his stuff and spoke in plain english, did not try to dazzle me with too mush technical jargon. Thank you

Hi David, thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review. We appreciate your feedback, warm regards, The Original PC Doctor.

Fast efficient

Knew what the problem was no gimmick just fixed instead extending time. Now i can get on running my business.

Hi David, we're delighted to read your review on your recent experience with our business services team. Thank you and happy business computing, from the team at The Original PC Doctor.

Extremely efficient

I had Andy, PC doctor technician, come today to install my new printer. He had problems with the Telstra modem because it wouldn't accept the printer but no job is a problem for Andy because he fixed it and other problems as well. He was amazing. You need an IT expert call PC Doctor, they can fix it promptly and efficiently

Hi Catherina, We're over the moon to hear about your experience with Andy and the team. Thank you for your review and recommending our services. We hope to see you again in the near future. Kind regards, The Original PC Doctor.