Listing monitored by The Photobook Club

• Timeliness

kevin
kevin

100th Birthday Memory Book for My Mum

We created a very special 100th Birthday book for my Mum. Many of the photos were old black and whites, yet they looked great in the book. It was her favourite gift, and it bought back many happy memories for her. The finished product was much better than we envisaged, and it arrived in plenty of time. As I am 73 and not computer savvy, our son initially had to help us with the setup, but then we found it quite simple to complete. We were so thrilled with how great it looked, and it was very affordable. Thank you so much for your excellent product.

Hi Kevin,
Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are so pleased that your mum loved her birthday present. We appreciate your support. Many Thanks!

Parnian
ParnianGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love

Love this company works. well done I your job. I love the quality. It has been 4 years I am ordering all my life memories to this company and they really made my satisfaction comes true.

Hi Parnian,
Thank you very much for your lovely review and on going support. We appreciate it!

Maria
MariaNew South Wales

Perfect travel books

I have been very happy with the Photobook Club completing several photobooks of our travels. The software is easy to use and the quality and price is excellent. Would highly recommend them

Hi Maria,
Thank you very much for your lovely review and ongoing support. We really appreciate it!

Kim S
Kim SSydney, NSW

Great quality & colours

The photo canvases are fabulous, excellent quality, vivid colours, well made & prompt delivery. I have just had a few big ones (75x100) done & it looks amazing against my white wall. Prices are good too, although website a bit confusing if you're a first-timer.

Hi Kim,
Thank you very much for your lovely review and feedback. We appreciate your support!

Deceiving website, not reliable

I purchased double deal voucher within Queens birthday weekend, but when I tried to redeem they say its not double deal. They agreed that product was on double deal on that period, but said I got single product. I cant prove as I didn't get any screenshot, but I know what I bought and double deal mentioned in there. Also why would I buy single product when I can buy two for the same price, does not make any sense to me.

Update: After they resolve my voucher issue, I ordered my canvas prints a week ago and I received them today, so good production/delivery time. Im impressed with the quality, great colours. I have done few canvas prints with BigW before and for me these are better than BigW, overall print quality is great for the price.

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hi sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your voucher deal. Please feel free to contact chrisanthy@photobookshop.com.au and they will be able to assist you further.

thisarattr
thisarattr

After contacting the CS team, they were managed to fixed the issue. As I get to know it was technical issue and updated my vouchers to reflect the actual deal benefits. Thanks team for looking into this issue.

Melissaf
MelissafSydney Surrounds, NSW

Prompt delivery, good quality and great value!

This is about the 10th book and very happy with the quality of the books and the promptness of delivery. I will always use photobookclub as the quality is as you view it in the preview.

HI Melissa,
Thank you very much for your lovely review. We appreciate your ongoing support!

Kingfisher
KingfisherSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very good product at a tempting price.

Good price and prompt service. The books are a good and clear quality. I have been a member of the Club for over 20 years and have created more than 50 photobooks of 100 pages or more,

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Thank yo so much for your lovely review and ongoing support. We really appreciate it!

jano G.
jano G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great quality and customer service

Amazing quality and value for money
My go to for all presents for all occasions
Great customer service
The team is very helpful and pretty flexible even when your voucher expires

Hi Jano,
Thank you very much for your lovely review and ongoing support. We appreciate it!

SergePerth, WA

Was good before but not anymore

We used this service every year for over 5 years now. Prices are great, but as camera quality improves, the quality of albums degrade. Now even images taken with the pro camera look like they were printed at home on an ink jet printer. Tried their better quality option but liked it even less.
They have a good customer service and fix issues quickly - had few albums over the years reprinted for obvious stuff ups.
This year (just received one this week) did not bother messaging them - dont think a reprint will be any better than the one I got.
Will try some other service next year

Hi Serge,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you have been left disappointed with your recent order. Please feel free to contact chrisanthy@photobookshop.com.au as we would love to assist you further.

Serge

as mentioned already, I know that I can probably get a reprint, but I do not think it will be any better as my previous attempts came out the same

Wonderful!

I made 2 orders last month and both were amazing. The speed and quality is great. I purchase these as scoopon deals so I couldn't be happier with it all. The canvas and calander were amazing and the recipients of the gifts loved them so much!

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with your recent orders. Thank you for your support we appreciate it!

ChappySydney

You cannot delete your account (spam emails keep arriving)

Hi,
Sorry to hear that you have been unsatisfied with your product and that you continue to receive emails from us. If you require any further assistance please email chrisanthy@photobookshop.com.au and they will be able to assist you further.

lawyerz
lawyerzMelbourne

Phenomenal value and quality canvas prints

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Thank you very much for your lovely review. We are so pleased to hear that you are happy with our products. We very much appreciate your ongoing support. Thank you!

Kat H
Kat H

Book printed badly - chopped off borders, not true to preview

Spent a long time using the downloaded software to make my travel photo book. Made sure it was all evenly laid out photos on the page and well within the red margins.
Book arrived today with many of my photos chopped off at the top, or not evenly set on the page, the spine title was chopped off too, and the spine colour not solid (picture wrap from front cover going into spine colour).
Paper quality was good and photo quality good, but it's like the printer printed maligned or something? Will be contacting Photobook club

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hi Kat! We would love to follow up further with you. Could you please contact riaana@photobookshop.com.au with your order number and they will be able to assist you. Thanks!

Photorecce1

Can't talk about the quality of the Photobook - It hasn't arrived! Thanks for nothing Aramex

PhotobookClub usually produce a good product at a reasonable price - all good so far. I like their product.
Unfortunately they also us a very poor delivery service to Western Australia in the form of Aramex (formerly the inaccurately named Fastway). Parcel left Melbourne 26/10 its now 10/11 and I paid extra for Aramex's "express service". I could cycle the Nullarbor faster. Oh my how lovely Australia Post looks. The very serious COVID 19 situation is causing great harm and hardship - its also giving a minority of slack organisations their best excuse ever. PhotobookClub risk their reputation being rubbished by a poor quality transport mob - its not the first time Aramex have let me down.

Photorecce1

Use them if you want blurry canvas

Ordered some canvases from them. Canvases came out blurry. Send them an email and they asked me to send some photos. Send the photos to them and no reply since after contacting them a few times. They just ignored me. There were also lines acrossed some of the canvases. Very poor quality.

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hi Vincent, can you please email riaana@photobookshop.com.au with your order numbers. They will be able to follow this up for you.

Vincent A.
Vincent A.

I sent an e-mail as per the address provided 10 days ago but yet to received any reply. I has been 1.5 month since my initial e-mail.

Read more reviews - page 2

Barbaraasked

Hi I trying to download on to an Apple laptop.. it will not allow me is there something extra you need to do .. it keeps saying it is a security risk..

Photorecce1

Hi Barbara, Apple are ultra cautious with software they allow onto their systems and so you may often get messages warning you of potential risks with software that has not been specifically approved by Apple themselves. I would imagine it costs a fair bit to have Apple verify your product and so many organisations who are not "selling" their software may not be able to justify the cost.
There should be no difference in running the Photobook Club software on either a laptop or desktop machine (iPads are of course a whole new ballgame). I run the Photobook Club software very successfully on my iMac and I have friends who run it on their MacBooks.
Usually if your MacBook is warning you of potentially risky / non vetted software you will be given the option to continue with the installation by disabling the "warning system" for a one off instal. Obviously beyond that point you've crossed the safety barrier! I would never, and I do mean NEVER instal anything sent to me by an organisation I didn't know, but given that I know who Photobook Club are and I have checked I'm on the correct website before downloading, I had no hesitation going ahead. Good luck and many happy Photobooks.

Barbara

Thank you for getting back to me.. even if I try and ignore it won’t let me load.. I thought that there might be something extra I needed to do... all my friends, have loaded it, from a photo book group, but none of them have macs... batbara

Barbara

Hi this is the problem... . when you register and click download, you aren’t prompted to download the file, on chrome and safari.

It just goes back to the registration page with no option to download the file

Chezza
Chezzaasked

Can you make a photo book A4 Portrid book with text and images, and what does it cost per page?

Sophie G.The Photobook Club

Hello Chezza, yes we do have an A4 Portrait Photobook which can be ordered as a Hardcover or Softcover. You can design the book however you like with as much text and images as you wish. We currently have a 20 page Hardcover A4 Portrait book on sale for $29. You can purchase a prepaid voucher which is valid for 6 months here - https://www.photobookshop.com.au/voucher

G'Day Chezza,
Not a problem creating a Portrait orientation Photobook including whatever you like in the form of photos and text (Import Maps, Greetings cards, certificates, etc too if you so wish). Photobook Club seem to limit the portrait size book to 20 pages, however for very little more you can produce a 30 x30cm book with many more pages - for example a 120 page hardcover is only $50 at present and that includes delivery. Bear in mind you choose the shape of the photo you put on the page, so if 3x2 is your favourite ratio so be it - but 4x3 or square are just as valid. Live it up!
If you remember the cost of film photography that is nothing but awesome! So between the "official Photobook Club response at $1.45 a page and mine at less than 50c a page you have a myriad of choices.
The Photobook Club/Photobook Shop downloadable software is a little "clunky" but it does enable you to produce great Photobooks once you get the hang of it- especially if you "pre-prepare" your images in something like Lightroom, Affinity, etc
Cheers and I hope that helps, Mike

Joy
Joyasked

Which external picture editor do you recommend?

Photorecce1

Hi Joy, Within PhotobookClub/Photobookshop there is a basic editor that allows your selected photos to be edited to a small degree. However initially I use Adobe’s Lightroom which is superb as an editor and organiser. However it costs about A$13 per month. As part of the $13 per month you also get Photoshop which is the ultimate image editor - but that’s a whole different level of complexity. There are other alternatives that you can buy outright that may provide very similar results, Affinity Photo and Luminar being being just a couple.
Aside from that both Microsoft and Apple offer basic editors for free. GIMP is a free download that is reputedly extremely capable - but I believe its a complex learning curve.
For Photobook preparation after my initial editing I use the downloaded version off the Photobook software which is free
One thing that is worth trying no matter what you use is the “Auto Enhance” button within the Photobook software. It’s embarrassing, but after editing a photo to perfection, very often one press of that Auto Enhance button can make it so much better.
Good Luck, Mike