The PoolCleaner 2 Wheel

The PoolCleaner 2 Wheel

See the Best Suction Pool Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

jweaver

jweaverGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The Worst Pool Cleaning Device I've ever had

First - the one positive - when it is actually up and running, it cleans debris quite quickly. The problem with it is, it only runs for about an hour before it malfunctions and stops circulating. This is because due to a basic design flaw, twigs and leaves repeatedly get sucked into the gears, and so you have to dismantle the head with a screwdriver to clear out the debris before it will start running again. Who has the time or the inclination to do that? Anyway, last time I buy the cheapest cleaner at the shop, it's clear with this product you get what you pay for.

Purchased in March 2019 at Swimart for $1,299.00.

Noise Level
Pool Size Average
Functionality
Small Debris Cleaning
Large Debris Cleaning
Wall and Step Cleaning

Nikki

NikkiSydney, NSW

This cleaner is fantastic are requires barely any maintenance

Purchased in February 2014 at Pool and Spa Warehouse for $950.00.

Noise Level
Pool Size Average
Functionality
Small Debris Cleaning
Large Debris Cleaning
Wall and Step Cleaning

A very good cleaner

It worked very well for 6 years. It was very easy to use and it cleaned very well. then it broke some plastic bits inside. I had to throw it out. I would recommend it. It was expensive but worth it. The part that broke was in the main body so it could not be repaired.

Date PurchasedMay 2012
Robk

RobkSydney Surrounds, NSW

Nearly 2 years old, reliable and going strong

Had a Barracuda for eight years. Constant issues. Can't put chlorine in with the Barracuda as the rubber diaphragm gets eaten by chlorine. Leaves and other rubbish would constantly jam it. This was recommended by my pool shop. Thought it was alot of money for a relatively simple cleaner, but I've loved it. Just set and forget. Resistant to chlorine damage. Had a stick stuck in it once which stopped it, but was easily resolved. Doesn't clean our steps well (three steps stuck in a corner), but neither did the Barracuda. I'd certainly buy another.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Meggsy

MeggsySydney

7 years old and still going.

Date PurchasedJan 2011

very poor

wheels have seized and now it has broken and they only want to fix it i do not want this fixed again i would prefere a new one or my money back and the staff are disgusting rude and horrible they degrade you as if you know nothing horrible firm

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Gets stuck easily

This pool cleaner is very poor. It continually gets stuck in corners and rarely does the entire pool. I find in most cases I need to manually position it. It seems to favour the slope of the pool and spends 90% of its time in the deeper end. The wheels jam up easily and I have needed to fix them a number of times. Do not buy this pool cleaner if you want hassle free maintenance.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Sweaty

SweatyNewcastle

Wheels are stuck.

Wheels siezed up won't move. 3 months old. Its a PIECE OF CRUD! Don't worry about it, just vacuum yourself. Pool guy said it happens all the time. Come with the pool, frustration personified. Buy one for the mother in-law if you don't like her. Again piece of CRUD! Poorer for the experience.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Not worth the money paid

We have a 3spd pump and this cleaner only works on high speed only but not well. It is 1 year old and dealer told me the wheels are wearing down so won’t grip. It jambs all the time and was a waste of $900. We were told that the kreepy type cleaners are not good for our pump as they thump so we opted for this one. The handle broke off and the manufacturer said it was wear and tear and wouldn’t cover it. Luckily the retailer fixed it at their expense.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Bloody thing

Mine is the same
It spends more time up the walls and trying to get out of the pool than it does on the bottom where the dirt is.
When it’s on the bottom it does a good job. Can’t leave it un supervised because it needs to be pushed back down from the edges

Date PurchasedJan 2013

ped47

ped47Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Wholesaler Doesn't Honour Warranty

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Dave N

Dave NSouth East Queensland, QLD

A great pool cleaner!

I can't fault the pool cleaner after a few years of ownership. We like it so much, we actually now have two, one in a rental property. It runs on very low suction, perfect for a three speed pump on low power. We have lots of leaves and it does a great job picking them up, only very occasionally getting stuck with too many at once, but easy to clear usually by simply switching the filter off and on again, or worst case pulling the cleaner out to remove the leaves. I would suggest anybody who says it's going out of the pool and sucking air has too much suction, ie: setup wrong. Don't blame the cleaner. The slower it runs, the longer it will last. Too much suction = too fast, bad wear and tear and will almost certainly climb out and suck air.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Bev M

Bev M
Ask your pool shop for a SKIMTROL vac plate.
A must for ANY auto pool cleaner.
This will control speed and not make it climb out of pool.
It will work a treat on your cleaner.
Remember to check wheel revs per minute,
Slower is better as a general rule.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Dot

DotSydney

The Pool Cleaner loves gum leaves and nuts!

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Expensive and ineffective

Does not lift dirt, does not climb walls, does not clean steps, chokes on leaves, nuts and twigs. Stops every minute. Waste of $750.00. The retailer I purchased from no longer stocks it...too many complaints. There is no problem with my pump, filters or skimmer box. I am very disappointed

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Mark

MarkPort Macquarie

Not too bad at all.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Ale

AleSydney Surrounds, NSW

Money Saver

So i have had Zodiac Barracuda for years and replaced part after part, and went through three seperate units...
Decided to buy The Pool Cleaner and what an investment, its great over two years and not touched it, no parts worn out ot ripped, it does a great job at cleaning and saves me money compared to others, highly reccomend it.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Neill B

Neill BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Cleaner I've ever had

Date PurchasedMar 2010

Could definitely live with out!!

This cleaner was recommended by the pool shop as amazing. We have solar panels so thought I would run it at night. My children advised that there was a monster outside!! heavens only knows what my neighbours think because the pool cleaner comes out of the water sucks air and sounds like a monster or someone being strangled. Have been back to the pool shop on numerous occasions. Had the rep out still no luck. Cost me $899 (a small fortune) and a lot of arguments and angst with family members.

I have tried everything to adjusting speed, different valves etc to no avail.

I would under no circumstances recommend this cleaner.

I want my money back so I can go buy a Kreepy Krawley or a Barracuda.

Definitely Not HAPPY JAN!!!!

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Jayden p.

Jayden p.asked

Can I get parts

Yes you can

peter mcleodasked

My pool cleaner isn't moving. The wheels turn on either fast or slow settings but it doesn't seem to get traction to do the job. It's about 4 y.o. Thank you

Hi Peter,
Mine lasted about 5 years and a little gear broke inside. The wheels didn't turn anymore. I bought a similar type. Water TechniX Matrix Automatic Pool Cleaner. It has been working fine.
If both of the wheels are turning but it has no traction then the hose is not vertical enough and consequently there is no weight on the cleaner. In other words it is floating just above the bottom of the pool.
Lift it up in the water until you can feel if the wheels have some power by feeling then with your hand.
If they have power in their rotation and in they still have reasonable thread then there is not enough downward pressure on the cleaner.
There are 2 rings on the first length of hose. They might need to be adjusted.
The other possibility is the filter is clogged and the pump is reduced in it's capacity. that seems unlikely because if the wheels are turning it should move.
Martin

peter mcleod

Thank you very much Martin.

Sam S.

Sam S.asked

Why the two wheels are turning but the cleaner does not move.

shoeshopper

Without knowing a lot more information I can only suggest that the pool cleaner is more or less floating off the ground. It has no weight to keep it down. The first part of the pool hose has to be held vertical by attachments, That way the pool cleaner is in the correct position to grip the pool surface.
It is also possible that some gear inside is broken and although the wheels are turning they have no traction.
Take it out and take it apart and check it for some kind of blockage like a twig of a broken part.
Also check the suction of the pump.

CategorySuction Pool Cleaners