The Resort Club

• Trip Completed Yes (10) · No (96)
  • Ease of Booking
Traveller

TravellerDarling Downs, QLD

What a mob?

1 year ago I was conned for a very advantageous upgrade that they cannot deliver. They rang again a few days to offer another upgrade. They hung up when we challenged them on the first upgrade and told them how unhappy we were. Beware they paint a pretty picture but cannot deliver. Their sales people are not in touch with reality only have eyes on their commission.

Incorrect sales information

I purchased vouchers many years ago on the assurance that they could be used for all types accommodation, whenever I like. This is not at all correct. Assistants continue to mislead each phone call. I have never been able to use the vouchers and don't see the point of buying them because I can get the same price by dealing direct with the accommodation. Very disappointed and would like a refund .

Barry B.

Barry B.Sydney, NSW

Definite con artists - scamming my mother for another $355

22 feb 21 my mother was invoiced $355 from the Resort Club - despite her not being able to travel, and not having used any of her previous vouchers. I have rung them 4 times to get a refund and did receive 1 missed call with a message left, but it was from a blocked number so I couldn't return the call. Have written to them on their contact page demanding a refund and will update on how successful I am (or not).
17 Mar - Krissy rang me and asked for my mother to return whatever had been sent to her (membership card I think?), and she would then process a refund. I will get this actioned and see if a credit is processed.

another scammed consumer

another scammed consumerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Scam and taking this to consumer affairs

Had another call today saying I need an E account to use my vouchers, another $395, so I can use more than 1 voucher at a time. I have had these vouchers for years, cant use them everywhere and when you do, there is always a cheaper offer with someone else. the vouchers don't actually do anything. I actually want a refund for the last "$350 UPGRADE ". I have contacted consumer affairs to have it investigated.

LindaNew South Wales

Don't Buy

Years ago I purchased vouchers that I never used. Since then they have continued to phone with extra offers for extra money. I have repeatedly requested that my number be removed from the list. They have not complied. They use a private number so I can't report it.

Not Happy

I have thousands in vouchers for what! I have a spent a lot of money with these people never again will be taken again. I have been promised so much and got nothing. What did I actually get for my money zero!

Graeme HNorth Queensland, QLD

Keep hounding me.

Many years ago I foolishly signed up with these rogues who sold me a useless product that as family man could not be used on school holidays...
Anyway now they have my number they ring every 3 months despite my numerous requests to delete my number.

Graeme H

Thats pretty hilarious considering you guys ring me consistently.
But ok, I will call.

Unhappy Customer

Unhappy CustomerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Extremely Disappointing

Cath

CathSydney, NSW

Total Waste of Money. Don’t be fooled.

I upgraded my ‘unused vouchers’ at the cost of $350 to gain a ‘Resort Club Card’ that would offer thousands of dollars discount. So far, I’ve tried to use the card twice. On both occasions I was able to book the same accommodation directly through the actual resort at a cheaper price than the resort club were offering. (And I would have lost my ‘Resort Club Dollars’.

Barbara

BarbaraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Feeling rip off same as others regarding The Resort Club

Feeling rip off same as everyone else, caught me on a off day, I usually try ignore their calls, but got conned again, you have $3,500.00 of unused vouchers, and we have a special offer The Resort will match that and give $3,500.00 as well for life time card that’s never runs out, for all the Peppers, Mantra etc for $355.00, I am still awaiting the receipt for the transaction, took the money no card, I am still awaiting the reply to email, I will be contacting ACCC about this Barbara

Trip CompletedNo
Kristine A.The Resort Club

Is Resort Club really just another Con?

Rosemary U.

Rosemary U.

Continually harass, stalk, and ring multiple times each day

Criminal action needs to be taken against this organization who continually harass, stalk, and abuse individual privacy. My mother is 84 years old, recovering from stage 3 cancer, and yet Tracey, the Supervisor, said she would ensure she does not receive any more calls and will be taken off the list. Jill rang again today, Tracey is her supervisor. Mum received 4 harassment calls yesterday. Something needs to be done to this absolutely disgusting Australian organization; how is it that such harassment can be allowed in this beautiful country of ours where there are so many rules that protect so many things, but not individual rights. Rosemary U.

David Wilson

David WilsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not happy customer

VJaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not use them. Look at what everyone has posted before you make a decision.

Do not use them. It costs more going through them then direct or through others. They pressure sell, put you on the spot to upgrade there and then, saying it's a one time deal, all you have to do is pay an extra $350. What, pay more money to a club that does not offer value or transparency let alone being honest. They do not put anything in writing so what they say verbally can be retracted so you don't actually get what they offer, but pay them more money. If you don't agree and pay there and then, they hang up on you. Great customer relations.

Rachel N.

Rachel N.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Yet to see any value after over 10 years

ME TOO

I have been a member for over 20 years, probably used the vouchers twice as everytime I wanted to book on the school holidays was never successful and it was cheaper to go through wotif. Also got sucked in to upgrading every time they called,the last time exactly 1 year ago, got the speal about cruises and the new website bla bla bla with much better deals, still waiting, cost me $450. Just got a call last week about the travel card, I asked how much are you wanting to suck out of me this time $350, getting cheaper. I asked why can't you just put me onto the new travel card without asking me for more money or take it out of what I have in there instead of crediting me back. No answer. I'm waiting on a call back today. Not happy Jan !!!!

Marka

MarkaBrisbane

WOW so many complaints

With so many negative reviews and problems I won't be using this mob for a holiday. Seems you can get a better deal if you go on Holidays. com , Wotif ect.

Pete

PeteSouth East Queensland, QLD

SCAM OF THE CENTURY

Like so many other folks, my parents were scammed by this awful company. They continue to call even after I was told the number was deleted, they take money without permission and feed you so much rubbish on the phone. Krissy likes you to think she is helping but is laughing all the way to the bank. Block their number and change your bank details.

Pete
Sunshine Coast

Resort club membership refund

I think my only options are to contact the ACC, if my mother (who speaks broken english) doesn't get a complete refund to the amount of around $700 purchased over two years, she has not used any of her point yet. If I am not contacted I will also be seeking social media awareness as I have multiple channels over multiple social media platforms. They contacted her with information relating to previous holidays she was on (breach of privacy) which was a tactic to seem "legitimatise", not sure how they even got this information?

Rhea

RheaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do not use this company

Monika L.asked

Can I get discounts on car hire in New Zealand please

Kent
Kent

You will be very unlikely to get discounted anything through The Resort Club. It is a total scam

Monika L.

Yes I’m hearing this more and more . I have never used it and they just keep wanting more money for upgrades . No more from me

Dot H.

Dot H.asked

I was scamped also told I won't have to pay anything for accommodation. Tried booking and told the caravan parks not included so to a manager she said it was covered. Still waiting for someone to get back to me. If they don't will take it further also. WHAT A RIP OFF

joyce d.
joyce d.

Hi dot. i was told caravan parks were included too. A long with cruises resorts etc. I would take it up with ACCC if you get no satisfaction after you have emailed the resort club and put your complaint in writing .

Leonie

Leonieasked

Hi I had recieved a call last Friday to upgrade my membership that I've had for about 5 years maybe more and have been very unsuccessful in using the vouchers. I spoke to Linda who reassured me that if I pay $355 I will get a travel card with $3500 credit that i will be free to use as I please but I'm a bit worried after reading your reviews today. When I recieve my card next week I will be booking 2 nights at the mantra ettalong and if my card dosen't cover the full cost of my stay I will be expecting a full refund on all funds I have paid to this company. Linda reassured me multiple times that I will be able to use this card anywhere with no restrictions or conditions and that I can book directly with the resort.

A.M
A.M

You can't book directly with the resort. My mother in law was told this too and it was a lie. You must book through the reservations line. They aren't designed to cover a whole stay, unfortunately. They're just meant to get a better deal than the hotel would offer. Please keep me updated on what happens next week. Mother in law would love to know (and so would I)

Hi Leonie,
A.M is right!
The Resort Club are doing a massive drive atm, trying to increase their business.
YES you can use your card anywhere anytime.

I had the accountant Ian call me-he was so convincing he told me you will save up to 70% and $6000 Worth of vouchers.

I’m getting a refund $355 that’s all they will refund.... they’re keeping my $1000 plus waste of money.

Please keep me updated too Leonie
If you need help with anything just ask.

Good luck
Sharon

LAB
LAB

I've had the same experience exactly. Was told by Linda that it was for any resort/hotel that I wanted to book at.....any - Peppers, Novotel - it didn't matter where. The 'cash out' was going to pay for the total cost of the hotel. All lies. Try to get your money back! Speak to Krissy - it's the only chance you have.

Get an answer from our members and The Resort Club representatives