2Thermomix TM5
Part of Thermomix 3.8

Thermomix TM5 Questions & Answers

John Port · Thermomix TM5

Hi, I have a TM5 which is not heating at all. I have made sure the time has been set so it's not that. If I put in hot water the sense will show the temp however when I set the temp to a hight setting it doesn’t heat up. Any help will be appreciated.

Thermomix   DM

Hi John, we are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your TM5 heating. It may be a simple issue you can resolve through troubleshooting your TM5. You will find some information on how to do this here - external link .

Should you still be experiencing issues, please fill out this form and one of our service team will be in touch to assist. external link

John Port

Hi, thank you for the reply. I've checked the FAQs. I don't have an extra jug to check whether it's the jug or machine. My TM5 is out of warranty and the external link takes me to an online service that will cost $169. Are there any other tests I can do before resorting to the online service?

Thermomix   DM

Hi John, we suggest giving our team a call so they can guide you through any other tests. Our customer service lines are AU - 1800 004 838, NZ - 0800 766 966. Alternatively, if you would like to forward your contact details to marketing@thermomix.com.au, we can have one of our team reach out.

Jules
Jules · Thermomix TM5

I have a Cook Key for my TM 5
I want to know that if I stop paying the subscription can I still access what is on it
I have found that it is an expensive gimmick

Thermomix   DM

Hi Jules, thanks for your question. The Cook Key enables you to access the recipes on our Cookidoo® recipe platform. If you cancel your subscription, all the Cookidoo® recipes in your personal library, Recipe lists, and marked recipes are going to stay on your Thermomix® Device and be usable for precisely 50 times. After that, you have to renew your subscription to be able to use those recipes once again. We hope this helps to answer your question.

Anna B.
Anna B. · Thermomix TM5

What is the difference between the TM5 and TM6 when you use a cook key besides the TM6 having a bigger screen?

Thermomix   DM

Hi Anna, this is a great question! As you've mentioned, the TM6 has a significantly bigger, brighter and clearer screen and the scales are also more accurate to 1g vs 5g on the TM5. Another major difference is the integration of Wifi and Cookidoo on the TM6 whereas, you need a Cook-Key for the TM5. The TM6 also allows you too cook at high temperatures of 160°C during guided cooking vs 120°C on the TM5.

We're also always updating additional functions on the TM6 and you can find all the modes available on our website here external link . We hope this helps.

elainel
elainel · Thermomix TM5

Does anyone have an idea how long a TM5 should last? Mine is 9 or 10 years old and has started malfunctioning. I don’t want to pay for a service if it’s likely I’ll just need to replace it.

Theresa A.
Theresa A. · Thermomix TM5

I am reading the reviews and noted that TM only reply to the good reviews? This is a worry for me should I ever need to have my TM5 serviced...

Look after your customer
Look after your customer

I’ve been looking at reviews for many products recently, as we are moving interstate and will need a few items.
What I’ve noticed in reading reviews for all products, it doesn’t matter what the response by a company is to a complaint, that customer is very rarely satisfied with the answer and continues to ‘bag’ the company. Perhaps its better to let disgruntled customers have their say and leave it at that.

I didn’t realise Thermomix had a review page, never even thought to look.
If I ever had a question, I went straight to my consultant and they took care of it for me.
If you need a service, just ring the head office, choose the option on the phone to say you are a customer and they will trouble shoot over the phone with you.
If the problem can’t be resolved over the phone, they will organise for your Thermomix to be sent to the nearest service centre. From my experience, they have been a very supportive company with after sales service, unlike some serious issues I’ve had with two other big name companies!!!

Barb Petersen
Barb Petersen · Thermomix TM5

When baking I’m always confused about when to change from blades to whisk. For example, creaming butter and sugar? Which to use please

Tess
Tess · Thermomix TM5

Has anyone bought a third party blades set? (they are stainless steel on the shaft) and had it for a long time. Am I potentially going to cause motor damage because the spindle will never fail like the original.

Lynn Forsythe

I would only buy Thermo products - otherwise your warranty can be voided with different faults

Thermomix   DM

Hi Tess, only genuine Thermomix parts should be used with the Thermomix. You can find these at external link

Kylie C
Kylie C · Thermomix TM5

Tm5 is stopping with load beeping and message says blades obstructed and motor overheating - This is happening with just water in the bowl. Any ideas?

Lynn Forsythe

Sorry I don’t know the answer but don’t use it until you give them a call - don’t want to burn out the motor. Have you pulled the bowl apart to check nothing is caught under the blades?

Thermomix   DM

Hi there, if you have a service query for your Thermomix you can find out more at the below link, or get in touch with our customer service team. external link

Michele B.
Michele B. · Thermomix TM5

What would the cost be to replace the power board if it got wet?

Kate S.
Kate S.

Hi Michelle I am not sure but you will need to deposit in an account I think about $135 before they will email you acceptance and posting details at your own cost. Them once they receive your Thermomix I guess they will let you know.

Kat · Thermomix TM5

My thermomix keeps tripping the fuses in my house every time I hit the speed button. All other functions work fine. Any ideas?

Thermomix   DM

Hi Kat, please visit this website for troubleshooting and if needed to contact our team external link

Brenton H.
Brenton H.

Hi Thermomix, that does not give an answer - it only give tripping on turning it on. Ours trips when the speed button is activated also

Thermomix   DM

Hi Brenton, we are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your Thermomix. If you could send through your details to marketing@thermomix.com.au and we can have one of our team reach out to assist.

Ben
Ben

Mine is doing this also. I have check the pins on the bowl and they are all there.

Kat

Ended up costing me €180 (I live in Ireland) to get it fixed (by independent appliance people). They told me liquid had got into the motor. They cleaned it all out and now it’s as good as new.

Sonia C.
Sonia C. · Thermomix TM5

What is The sugar stage on tm5?

Thermomix   DM

Hi Sonia, the sugar stage is a function and pre-set mode exclusive to the TM6 model as it has the capability to go to a much higher heat than the TM5 does. You can find out more about this mode here: external link

Nabeel Shahrol Azmi
Nabeel Shahrol Azmi · Thermomix TM5

My bowl could not fit the base. When I check the bowl, the base of the bowl were a bit off. And also I can see the handle of the bowl have a gap but I do not how to fix it. Help?

Kathy Dick
Kathy Dick · Thermomix TM5

Where do you find the wifi connection in the machine.

Thermomix   DM

Hi Kathy, WiFi is activated via the Cook-Key. Once activated, you can find this under 'settings'.

Geoff D.
Geoff D. · Thermomix TM5

case cracking problem ?

Natalie Pearson
Natalie Pearson

Avalon C
Avalon C · Thermomix TM5

My fairly new T5 Thermomix is not counting the numbers properly when doing a recipe - say the recipe says 20 second for 8.5 speed. The second knob will go 20 - 23 - 21 - 40 and stuff like that. What do I do?

Louise B.

double check that your screen is clean of any cooking fluids or food - its quite sensitive. If your still having issues, contact your consultant who will be able to advise you. you may need to send it in for repair which should be covered under the 2 year warranty.

Bec
Bec · Thermomix TM5

I am going to buy a thermomix in China but I’m Australian. Can I register my cook-key on the Australian website to have access to those recipes?? If not is it easy to change the language settings?

Louise B.

you can change the language in settings on your machine.

Jean S.
Jean S. · Thermomix TM5

Can you use other people's recipes chips in your own machine?

Hi Jean, you sure can!

Carolyn J
Carolyn J · Thermomix TM5

I have just traded my TM 31 for a TM5 and I have the Travel Bag for the TM31. Can I use this bag for my TM5?

Kareb
Kareb

The TM31 bag is too small for the TM5. Sorry. If you want a travel bag you will need to invests in the new one that holds the bigger TM5.

our design
our design · Thermomix TM5

Has anyone had an issue the the rubber surround on the lid breaking?

Sam
Sam · Thermomix TM5

I have lost my recipe chip for my tm5 thermomix where can I get a new one?

tamaras.health.hq
tamaras.health.hq

Hi, The chips are available for purchase, how ever you might want to consider the cook key. The chips are individual collections (basically an electronic version of a cook book) where as the cook key enables you to connect to cookidoo, accessing thousands of recipes and collections which are downloaded to your key (and of course the machine) it opens up a whole new world!

Several countries only allow purchases to be made via an advisor so if you have a contact, great use them, if not a Nutritionist on instagram 'tamaras.health.hq may have contacts.

Get an answer from our members and Thermomix representatives

Select a listing for your question
Thermomix TM5