Thermomix TM5 Questions & Answers

45 questions from our users

Avalon C

Avalon Casked

Thermomix TM5

My fairly new T5 Thermomix is not counting the numbers properly when doing a recipe - say the recipe says 20 second for 8.5 speed. The second knob will go 20 - 23 - 21 - 40 and stuff like that. What do I do?

Bec

Becasked

Thermomix TM5

I am going to buy a thermomix in China but I’m Australian. Can I register my cook-key on the Australian website to have access to those recipes?? If not is it easy to change the language settings?

Jean S.

Jean S.asked

Thermomix TM5

Can you use other people's recipes chips in your own machine?

Carolyn J

Carolyn Jasked

Thermomix TM5

I have just traded my TM 31 for a TM5 and I have the Travel Bag for the TM31. Can I use this bag for my TM5?

Kareb
Kareb

The TM31 bag is too small for the TM5. Sorry. If you want a travel bag you will need to invests in the new one that holds the bigger TM5.

our design

our designasked

Thermomix TM5

Has anyone had an issue the the rubber surround on the lid breaking?

Sam

Samasked

Thermomix TM5

I have lost my recipe chip for my tm5 thermomix where can I get a new one?

Hi, The chips are available for purchase, how ever you might want to consider the cook key. The chips are individual collections (basically an electronic version of a cook book) where as the cook key enables you to connect to cookidoo, accessing thousands of recipes and collections which are downloaded to your key (and of course the machine) it opens up a whole new world!
Several countries only allow purchases to be made via an advisor so if you have a contact, great use them, if not a Nutritionist on instagram 'tamaras.health.hq may have contacts.

Pipperasked

Thermomix TM5

The scales on my Thermomix TM5 isn't working we have done everything the troubleshooting in the manual suggests but know joy. I use the scales a lot and finding it rather frustrating having to get my old kitchen scales out to measure everything. I live in the country the Thermomix consultant that I purchased it from know longer works for your company hope you can give me a quick and easy solution for this problem. Any suggestions? Thank you Peta

Ali J
Ali J

Hi PETA

Firstly I don’t work for thermomix, I purely wrote a review of my purchase of my TM5.
I would be devastated if this happened as it is one of the best features
Have you tried phoning Thermomix technical support on 1800 004 838 (8am-5pm)?

Pipper

Thanks for the information Ali I'll phone the technical support shortly.
Cheers Peta

Jones

Jonesasked

Thermomix TM5

How do I find out how old my thermomix is? I bought it secondhand and now I'm wanting to sell it.

loulou121

Call Thermomix on 1800 004 838 and they will be able to help. If you have a TM5, they can identify from the serial number (which you can find on Menu - Settings- About). If it is a TM31, the Service number (located on the bottom) will help them identify it.

Cara R
Cara R

Hi, can I ask why you want to sell it? I’m looking into buying one so came here to read the reviews first.
Thankyou Cara

Andy

Andyasked

Thermomix TM5

I’ve got the new model thermi, the silver button doesn’t work to turn the machine on. I have to take it off and press the mechanism then put the knob back on to select speed/time.
Who do i contact to get a new one?

loulou121

Hi Andy, call service on 1800 004 838 and they’ll help you.

CMcP

CMcPasked

Thermomix TM5

My T5 broke after I failed to click the base in and started a recipe . Why didn’t a computer read out appear and beep when bottom was unlocked?
I can’t unlock the lid

Allison A

Allison Aasked

Thermomix TM5

Do the tm31 extras fit the tm5? Or do they need to be purchased again? The steam basket etc?

Erin
Erin

No I’m pretty sure you need specific accessories to the model you own.

loulou121

The TM5 comes with its own Varoma, simmering basket, butterfly, etc. the bowl size is a bit different between the 2 models.

Dikabo

Dikaboasked

Thermomix TM5

I was just mixing some spinach with cteam in my tm 5 and it shut down and now it wont turn on anymore. I cannot open the lid either. Is there a way to reset or what can i do?

slakalot
slakalot

I’d sell it and buy a machine that comes with good customer service and an ethical returns policy... but that’s me...

Kelly

Kellyasked

Thermomix TM5

My cord is only pulling halfway out of my mt5, it's like it's jammed has anyone else had this issue?

Rebecca S

Rebecca Sasked

Thermomix TM5

I have purchased a second hand TM5 am I able to connect to a local consultant to learn how to use it? Thanks

bbsb007
bbsb007

If you contact Thermomix they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Pete V
Pete V

Contact Thermomix direct, they will give you contact details of consultants in your area. As a potential customer they should be pleased to talk to you.

SSH

SSHasked

Thermomix TM5

Hi, In my thermomix Recipe chip is not working, means it is not displaying me the built-in recipes.is this a technical issue.?

Heather
Heather

Yeah I think so. Call head office or your consultant. I haven't ever had a problem with my chip

Jess

Jessasked

Thermomix TM5

I'm looking at buying a second hand TM5. How important is it that I have the order number from the previous owner? I want to be able to get in touch with a consultant so as they can help me learn about it etc.

Brendan
Brendan

Having the original owners name and the name of the original consultant will help when processing for any repairs.

Shaz
Shaz

The Serial Number will also assist and is on the Screen in Settings/About Thermomix. If you contact Thermomix they can put you in touch with someone local to assist.

MoniqueLS

MoniqueLSasked

Thermomix TM5

What is the little plastic piece on the jug handle? Mine bursted it yesterday while using the thermo. Is this serious?

Mum
Mum

Please email a pic.dont know what I mean

Hanasked

Thermomix TM5

Im in the middle of making mashed potato in my TM5 and invariably the butterfly whisk dislodges mid way thru cooking. is there a trick to securing the whisk so this doesn't happen?

simoga
simoga

I think it's a common problem. Just search in Google and you will find a few videos to show you how to secure it properly. Otherwise just ask your consultant ☺

Nickyloo
Nickyloo

Yes, if you twist the butterfly clockwise it will hook slightly under the blades and help hold it in position. Try doing this when it’s empty to get the hang. Then checking it’s still correct once you’ve filled the bowl. Good luck.

Han

Thanks so much for the tips. Very grateful. I'll give it another go. Very frustrating atm. :(

cheryl ellis

cheryl ellisasked

Thermomix TM5

Was wonder if I bought 2nd hand chips of ebay will they work in my machine?

deej

Yes they would because the Thermomix is isolated from the internet. The problem of chip registration may occur over time as using the Cook-Key means registering your chip to open up the recipes to your online account. If someone had already registered the chip you’d need to ensure they de-register it online before buying it. Worst case, you could still use the chip on the machine directly. The internet access Cook Key is a bolt-on, and the machine is essentially “dumb”. I’m sure future models will be properly internet enabled, but right now it isn’t - which is good!

Dash

Dashasked

Thermomix TM5

Do you think it is good for only one person or a waste of money?

Beth
Beth

Hi there,

It's definitely good for one person! A lot of the meals you make in it can be frozen. Plus, there's lots of stuff you will use it for that aren't dependent on a number of people (like sauces, loaves of bread, chutneys, chicken stock, milling your own flour, making your own butter etc). If I lived on my own, I'd get one for sure - it's a less cleaning than all the pots and pans you still use for one person!

Hope that helps.

Beth.

deej

The short answer is yes, but I concur with Beth in that a freezer is a good idea. There are some other advantages too around risk eg. no chopping and cutting yourself, pans boiling over, hot plate left on, having to stir continually etc. Definitely a good buy for a single person, as long as you actively use the product. If you just hate cooking altogether it won’t change that - it just makes it a lot easier.