4Toyota Camry XV30
Part of Toyota Camry  4.2 (413)

Toyota Camry XV30 (2002-2006)

91 reviews · Statistics

Interior Design
Boot Size
Comfort
Features
See the Best Sedans in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Toyota Camry › XV3091 reviews
jim r.
jim r.VICWestern District, VIC

Great car

l bought a new toyota camry in 2003, l still have it and its done 320,000 and still drives very well, l have never had any serious problems with it and its never broken down once on the road, but l get it serviced regularly with a good mechanic, who knows it might last anther ten years and go to 500,000 km. l recommend if you want a reliable car, but l can only speak for the 2003 model l hope the other years are as good
Hammad Khaliq
Hammad KhaliqQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD9 posts

The most reliable car

I have owned many cars when i was in middle east my first car was lancer which was good on fuel but less spacious and weak body, then I bought nissan altima which was a pleasure to drive but still not the best in terms of room and space, I even bought Mitsubishi Challenger. I use to have concerns with Camry over its price and shape. But when I drove Camry for the first time, it was like magic
The leg space the boot, the driving pleasure ofeven a 2005 model was awsome, further the body is tough and it doesnt require that maintenance, drives smooth and am in love with my Camry 2005 Show details
Overall
Maurice Y.
Maurice Y.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts
Overall
Charbel
CharbelNSWSydney, NSW8 posts

Strong car

Purchased end 2005 toyota camry from dealer as we were looking to buy one of these from before but we were looking at 2007 to 2010 camry but did not like the quality of the model then we came across a blue camry that stood out and in immaculate condition and one owner but had no logbooks and one key but for 5000 with service by the owner who is also a mechanic you can't go wrong ac is very cold car drives perfect had for 2 months the model we got is an altise limited with extras 4 cylinder not v6 don't purchased the v6 over 13000km as it requires a lot of work and it will use 18litres to the 100 my dad had the v6 version 2005 in a white color but had less then 100,000km Show details
Braking
Handling
KA CHUN LI Marco
KA CHUN LI MarcoBrisbane
  XV30

Good for seat but not really good for drive

I usually use my Camry V6 for travelling on highway, which is from Brisbane to Gold Coast, I've driven this car for almost 7 months and I reckon that every time I got 3 passengers with me they are satisfied with their leg room and such, it's comfort for seating but driving this car is a bit tired. The steering is so heavy that I found it tired to drive when parking, and the steering is shaking when driving on the highway. But the good point of this car is it got enough power to drive on highway, and it doesn't need much maintenance.

Lister
ListerTOOWOOMBA4 posts
  XV30

Has a few small issues, but still a great family car

+ The Altise looked nice in the mettalic silver, and for the first few years, it was an awesome car.

- After a few years small issues arose. Power window circuit board went $400 replace. The roof lining gave way on all four corners. The central locking plays up in weather conditions.

I would buy a toyota again, but will read reviews first. As the issues i have had seem to be a somewhat common one with my model of Altise.

CJ Bear
CJ Bear

Love this car

It's like this - the Camry is the perfect family car (note - small family). It's really reliable, cheap to run and maintain, it's comfortable and still a pretty good looking car even after 15 years. I would happily recommend the Camry and would buy another one in a heartbeat, if the 3 kids weren't getting so big.

Tim
TimBrisba5 posts

Driving definately fine

I have 2004 camry sportivo v6. It is over 10 years old but driving incredibly fine. When it comes to hightway driving, the genuine value for this car will be revealed. Especially, transmission and engine works perfect for 10 years old car. Never dissapoint me at all. If you are thinkg of used car, this is what you need.

Luke
Luke8 posts

Great Family Car

Driving my Toyota Camry is an absolute pleasure every time I take it out. Great to cover the long road trips with it's sizeable yet comfortable interior. And with it's great fuel economy, it is a great family car to drive around town with or take on long get aways.

Anna Pouki
Anna PoukiDoncaster East Victoria10 posts
  XV30

Driving experience very comfortable and quiet. It is very reliable and has never let me down

Driving experience is very comfortable and quiet. It is a very reliable car and has never let me down. The running cost are lower than my smaller car. I find the interior luxurious and soft and is easy to keep clean and the exterior colour is colour co-ordinated with the interior.we have been very happy with its performance.

Abdullah
AbdullahAU9 posts

Great car

Car is great. Has a lot of power. A lot of space. At first was hesitant to buy the car but now I don't ever look back. The car is so cheap to run. Easy to repair. Cheap parts and best thing is that the seats are so comfortable. Recommend to everyone

Sam
SamAdelaide2 posts

Amazing car....love it!

Excellent car, it has now down 330,000 kms and still doing amazing. I recommend synthetic oil and using high octane fuel. Although my servicing history is a bit substandard.

This car is amazing to drive, corners well, good acceleration and extremely comfortable even at its high kms. Love my car but will be updating to the Aurion Sportivo next year.

Highly recommend as a reliable comfortable and sporty car.

Show details ·  1

Anton
Anton3 posts

Loved it

Loved my Camry Azura

Bought it 2nd hand in 2007 with 100,000 km already on it. Has run fantastically till now. I am up to 320,000 km and starting to have those little issues. The motor runs fine and probably will keep going forever.

Issues starting to happen are electrical door locks not locking, air con not working (not just gas),

alternator issues, electric seats wont move, and other minor issues.

kangmin lu
kangmin lu3174vic, 31744 posts

nice car

i bough this camey car from a car dealer and it is a sencond hand car. the price is nice compared with other second hand car.color is silver which is my favorate. comfy inside and wheels are in good conditions. but the roof can be leaking when it is raining heavily .it happended once only .

Vince
VinceBrisbane7 posts
  XV30

Consumes a lot of petrol

The driving experience is average, it has decent enough horse power to drive up steep hills, but make sure to replace the tyres once in a while as it can slip on rainy days, since it is a car on the heavier side.

We noticed this consumes a very large amount of fuel, we drive this daily to work with very short trips (<1.5km each way), and occasional trips to dine..etc

And found that it needs to be refueled roughly about once every 10 days, for ~$75.

lovepuss
lovepuss · Camry XV30 (2002-2006)

i have a blinker problem, i have changed all fuses, and replaced blinker arm component, yet still have no blinkers but my hazards still work could you help

Big Mick
Big Mick

Im not to sure but have you tried changing the relay as it sounds like you have tried everything else

John C
John C · Camry XV30 (2002-2006)

I have a 2002 Camry Conquest, The battery (2032) seams to getting weaker and may need replacing
soon. After opening the remote fob I have noticed that the battery is soldered in place and can't be removed
A Toyota rep has said that I need to replace the whole unit ($100 AU est ).
This seams over the top for want of a $3 battery.
Can I carefully remove it by melting the solder on the contacts and replace the battery?
If so do I need to re-program the unit.

DM p'edoff
DM p'edoff

Done it with holden remote, reaffixed using metalic glue. It did't need reprograming. Toyota may be different, but what have you got to lose. Utube it there is sure to be an answer and possibly how to reprogram

Nath J
Nath J · Camry XV30 (2002-2006)

I am looking at buy a 2002 Camry conquest what should I know please? It has 276××× kms on the clock

Ian H
Ian H

I've had two Camrys. Superb vehicles.

Compare all Toyota Camry listings
Engine4 Cylinder 2.4L4 Cylinder 2.5L4 Cylinder 2.5L4 Cylinder 2.5L
Max Power112kW @ 5600rpm131kW @ 5700rpm133kW @ 6000rpm135kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque218Nm @ 4000rpm221Nm @ 3600-5200rpm231Nm @ 4100rpm235Nm @ 4100rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapan
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release date