Toyota Corolla E150

Toyota Corolla E150 (2007-2012)

See the Best Sedans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Melissa S.

Melissa S.Perth, WA

Hardy

so hardy and lasting its crazy! its engine is definitely worth its price, and it zips around like not many other cars due to its size. def worth the money

BoughtNew

graeme

graemeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A good small car

Purchased in May 2019 for $10,000.00.

Year2011
Zwe Khaing M.

Zwe Khaing M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect car

Prons :
Room inside.
For a cheap car, it has so many standard features.
6 Air-bags.
Best glove box in the industry.
Better trunk light than a Lexus.
Absolutely noise and rattle free.

Cons :
The dashboard glare in the summer is annoying, dash should have been black, instead of grey.
The clock is indeed in a kind of silly spot, but so what, at least it has a clock.

Purchased in July 2017 for $8,400.00.

Year2010

AZZ

AZZGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Highly Recommend

Purchased in February 2018 for $6,799.00.

Year2006

digital hobo

digital hoboperth

Classic toyota reliability

Good spacious hatch with predictable handling and driver aids. 7 airbags and logbook services keep toyota running as it should. Aircon and other creature comforts makes driving a breeze. It could do with a reverse camera as all hatches and wagons should have as minimum equipment. 6 speed manual makes plenty of power through the gears for both city and highway traffic.

BadgeConquest
Date PurchasedAug 2018

Bob C

Bob CBrisbane

very reliable car

I bought my wife a Toyota corolla with about 50000 on the clock. 5 years later, it has 92000kms showing. It has been the most reliable car we've ever owned. It doesn't have all the yuppie extras (omg they would say over morning coffee) and there are absolutely no bragging rights so it is not for your average "we own this and that" yuppie but certainly great for the rest of us who aren't hung up on showing off and competing with others because our lives are so shallow. Pity they don't have a life or a Corolla.

Date PurchasedMay 2013

sierra

sierra

Best for small car user

I have been using this car from day 1 and so far it has not given me any trouble.
Other than the exterior body of the car which is not scratch free and need to built it more durable.
Battery life in the car is the best aspect I like and I will always be loyal to Toyota in my life.

Fuel consumption is good and interior is the best then other car.

Only recently I have to take two time my car one for faulty fuel gauge and secondly for airbags. I did not aspect this to be faulty TOYOTA. Buckle up and do not sign for faulty ones.

TransmissionCVT
Date PurchasedMar 2008

smart customer

smart customerAU

Awesome car

I have 09 Corolla since it's new and it's 135,000 kms now. Haven't had any single problems for nearly 10 years and still drives like new car. I got all the service on time and even extra services including auto transmission oil change at 100,000km for a better fuel economy and smooth driving. It works!! It's seriously way better than BMW 3 series or VW Jetta. European cars are usually sucks after 3 years of warranty especially BMWs. BMW knows that first most BMW owners don't drive BMW longer than 3 years, so they don't make the car running longer than 3 years. Lots of issues arise usually after warranty periods!!! Hope Toyota won't copy German car brand's marketing strategy in the future to make more profit from customers.

Date PurchasedMar 2009
Cherks

CherksCHATSWOOD

Great car for small families

This is a spacious small car for single or small families. Safety features are excellent and it is economical to run. Very comfortable seating and can comfortably fit a full car of people including a car seat. The boot amply fits a pram and shopping plus more. Sound system is good, bluetooth phone is a bit difficult to hear occasionally but overall it’s been a great purchase.

BadgeLevin ZR
Date PurchasedNov 2017
t00dles

t00dlesQLD, 4000

My best investment ever!

Wow this car! So great on fuel, and when I say that I mean SOOOOOOO great! Cheap to fill, uses very little when running around town. It is super comfortable to drive, great features and enough space for the kids and all their stuff! Cheap to find parts if anything goes wrong and looks sporty and modern. I have the Ascent Sport model which has been a little too low for my driveway and was scraping - so I put in a new driveway instead of swapping to a different car! That's how much I love it :)

BadgeAscent Sport
Date PurchasedNov 2017

scod 1

scod 1Geelong West

Fantastic Car

Performance, smooth and handled well in windy situations. Brakes extremely reliable and not much road noise. The only complaint I have is the dashboard. The speedometer had small numbers and didn't have a good contrasting background. Reliability excellent and running costs also excellent. As far as I'm concerned the Corolla is the best car I've ever driven and I'm now 83. I've just recently given up driving and with regret I sold my car. I'm sorry I can't give you proof of purchase because having sold my car I haven't kept the paper work.

Date PurchasedApr 2014

I.Khan19789

I.Khan19789Melbourne

Great 2nd hand car

I wanted something Reliable to drive around and manage to pick up a 2009 Toyota Corolla for a good price. Fantastic car to own and really good on fuel. I would recommend this car 2nd hand buyers who is after something that is reliable and fuel efficient. Great for P platers.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Cass

CassGold Coast

Reliable, economical, aesthetically appealing

0 Noise when driving, always performs perfectly
I love the interior, looks like a sports car, very sleek and professional
drive 500kms a week and costs about $55 to fill
lots of boot space, and leg room
great stock audio system, and bluetooth recognition
i absolutely love my toyota corolla

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Tomato Tom

Tomato TomMelbourne

Toyota Corolla Ascent 2011

Boy oh boy wowee.

Never did I imagine that I would own such a vehicle. It's basically a slightly more affordable version of the Lamborghini Huracan. If you roll down your windows and close your eyes for a split second while driving, the difference between the two is unrecognisable. In fact, I'd even be inclined to say that you get a better experience in the Toyota.

I would highly recommend everyone to buy themselves a Toyota Corolla Ascent 2011 if they want a car that drives like a dream.

Date PurchasedJan 2013
Han

Han

reliable

toyotas are reliable, end of story.
my car has been through some rough weather and conditions and i have not had any trouble with it.
relatively small and sleek so quite easy to park.
the car is very fuel efficient. a full tank roughly takes me 500-600 km depending on the type of road travelled.

Date PurchasedJan 2011
Magic Mike

Magic Mike

Highly recommend to anyone looking for a reliable car

What can I say, one of the best car I’ve owned. I can see why Toyota is the biggest car manufacturer in the world and the sells the most cars in Australia. I brought this car brand new after my old Corolla was written off (had over 450,000km). It has been trouble free driving and I get around 550km per tank, which I am happy with for a 7 year old car. Service is pretty cheap besides every 80,000km where you have to change the fuel filter.

Date PurchasedJan 2011

HP 55

HP 55adelaide

excellent but theres an issue

Purchased this car second hand. Great small car. Steers smoothly. Nice style. Love it. Only problem is heard a rattling sound. Found out a small piece of metal come loose in gear box. My mechanic had a look. It shreaded the gear box and did so much damage. Cost $3300. OMG did not expect that. Also found out that only the toyota corolla ascent 2008 model does this. So great car but shocked only that model does it. Hope no body else had this issue. Toyota is the best. Just the gear box was an only issue. But if you want a car then toyota is number 1.

Date PurchasedSep 2012
Engine Size1.6

Tarasak

TarasakMerrylands

Nice car

This is a nice small car , it is a 1.8L engine, it’s a small car but very good size engine, wth petrol wise, it is very good and the interior of the car, it looks very sporty and pricey, I love the car and I would recommend this car to a lot of people

BadgeAscent Sport
Date PurchasedSep 2017

ZRE 152r

BadgeZR
Date PurchasedSep 2010

Jazz

Jazz

Excellent car

I purchased my second hand Toyota corolla from a lovely lady in 2013. The car was only 3 years old when I purchased it. It is such a reliable, trustworthy car. I have never had any big issues with the car. Only a water pump leak in 2015 which needed to be replaced. The car is reliable, spacious and so economical on fuel. Perfect!!

BadgeConquest
Date PurchasedJul 2013

Jitender S

Jitender Sasked

Hey there, I am looking to buy Toyota's Corolla hatchback 2007 can anyone tell maintenance cost , performance ,reliability and everything you know about the car?

Car is excellent with all things but if go with 2010 model would be gud

Krishna Pasked

I recently bot Corella ascent 2010 2zre15r my10 4sp auto.

How much tank fuel capacity?

It runs around 550km full tank... Is it bad?

While on desk figure shows 7.1/100km

I guess it doesn't show perfect fuel consumption.

Sam
Sam

According to factory specifics it holds 55L of fuel. My partner has this same model ZRE152R, it averages out 10L/100km which consumes alot more petrol than the newer corollas. Even after major service, fuel filter replacement, aftermarket fuel saver additives it still consumes alot more petrol.

Karl S

Karl Sasked

Fan blows warm air even with temp setting on cold (Ac off and outside intake on).. not sure if this is normal or not? My previous car's fan blew quite cool air from outside. Even driving in the hills with 15 degrees air outside it gets stifling inside with only the fan on, meaning I have to either open the windows or turn on the AC. Possible something is blocked, or is this just because of where it's pulling in the air from the engine bay..?

Annette
Annette

Hi Karl, this isn't the case with me.Naturally on a warm day it will only blow warm air but when cooler it's cold air and very comfortable.
It doesn't right to me that your still getting warm air on a cool day, I'd get this checked out.

dananjaya70
dananjaya70

This not normal.Should be engine heat coming thorough.

techguy
techguy

I've noticed this same thing; haven't identified the cause, nor been too concerned about it aside from a few months we went without A/C due to a failed compressor - unrelated. Haven't verified it, but seems to me as though the heat is probably coming froa/m the heater core; as though the heat/cool valve doesn't entirely close off the flow of hot water from the engine to the heater core. Doesn't bother me beyond curiosity, as the A/C still blows nice and cold.

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

CategoryCars, Hatchbacks and Sedans
Starting Price $22,990
TransmissionAutomatic and Manual
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrol
Max Power100kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque175Nm @ 4400rpm
Country of ManufactureJapan
Safety Features
  • ABS (Antilock Braking System)
  • ESC (Electronic Stability Control)
  • Traction Control