5Toyota Echo XP

Toyota Echo XP (1999-2005)

5Toyota Echo XP

Mohammad
MohammadGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

André S.5 posts

Mr Reliable

The most reliable car I've ever had.
Very cheap to run, and extremely reliable.

I had 3 manual Echo. Very fun to drive and easy to park.

They won't be comfortable after driving for many hours, obviously. Show details

Tom
Tomperth21 posts

Leslie
Leslie Sydney, NSW4 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified

Toyota echo 1.5lts, 5 door sedan bought 2nd in 2006

after having for 17 yrs, still car runs same as new, till now, done 16500kms, no major fault, only normal maintenance, consume 660kms, for full tank petrol of 35 to 40 Australian dollars, cheaper than EV cars, save 8000 dollars on petrol and new Hybrid for 10 yrs, then cost your pocket 10,000 dollars, to change batteries. Show details ·  2
Working mum
Working mumSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

suen
suenSydney, NSW10 posts

Fantastic car. Great option if buying one secondhand

Brilliant little car. Nothing has gone wrong with it except the battery running out a few times (my fault). Easy to use and park as it's small but it's got enough room inside for me to regularly cart large items around (or comfortably transport other adults in the back seat).Comfy and well designed. Cheap to run and maintain. A zippy little car. The paint is deteriorating though - not sure if this is usual for a car of its age. Barely any maintenance required though. I would buy another Toyota based on my experience with this one.

Mraksp
MrakspMelbourne3 posts

best car

Economical 1.2L petrol engine still pulling 6-7L per 100km for it's age! Cheap to maintain if regularly serviced $120-$140, in 7 years of owning the car it had 1 new battery, 1 set of spark plugs and 4 new tires as major expense, considering yearly 10-15000 Km predominantly city driving is not too bad.....@ 280,000 km its still going strong. My local mechanic isn't surprised and tells me its a "Toyota after all." The down side is the paint is chipping off and would probably deteriorate as my car is not garaged....

oMi
oMi3 posts

Bang for your Buck

Got this car for @2,500 when I moved to Melbourne. Just had to change the timing belt after driving 20,000km. That's it. Now the car has 200,000Km on it but still not a noise from a car. Best $2,500 spent!. I would really recommend if you are on a budget.

deus_zeusSydney, NSW17 posts

Josh
JoshSydney5 posts

The best car for new drivers

It's amazing how good it is when taking its running cost in concentration.

The 1.5-litre engine gave adequate performance.

I have driven it between Sydney and Melbourne three times and It cost me less than 65$ for the fuel in each (850 km) trip. I have driven it between Sydney and Melbourne three times and It cost me less than 65$ for the fuel in each (850 km) trip.

gregoryman
gregorymansydney3 posts

Economical and Practical

Thats toyota value car ! I bought this car as second hand and found out that car is one of the best and reliable car comparing other brands and cars in the same segments. This car is perfect for day to day use , for shopping for , city driving as it is very easy to park.

Jordan.D
Jordan.DSydney Surrounds, NSW9 posts

Good car, particularly as a first car. Gets you from A to B. 17 years and still working well

I love my echo, it is reliable and has low running costs. She is 17 years old and still in great working condition, so the quality is good. I would recommend an Echo, particularly as a person's first car. The only problem I've found driving an Echo is that the steering is quite heavy, except I'm used to it now so not a big issue.

Greg
Greg

This is the perfect car if I could Marry it I would!!

Picked up my 2001 Toyota Echo two weeks and two days ago. It was the filthiest neglected car I've seen in my life. Thus far has been 18 hours and 15 minutes detailing it. Just checked my first tank of gas manual transmission I got 44 miles per gallon. I am excited this car is fantastic. It has 214,000 miles and runs like brand-new I'm extremely excited. It handles quite well. It drives fantastic. I feel this is about the best car on the planet. I have the rare seafoam metallic blue color it's gorgeous. I plan to keep her over 500,000 miles and then some.

Wii
WiiBrisbane5 posts

Still working well

I got a used 2001 Toyota Echo 5 years ago. Automatic 1.3 L 5 doors hatchback. Very old car but still works extremely well. Minor issues over the years but nothing major. It is a very small car so it's very easy to park. Excellent for driving around the city. Highly recommended!

biopod
biopod

17 years and no issues

Bought dealer demo 1999 and now in 2017 still going strong. 250k Ahead of its time in design, reliable and very easy to drive. Fuel consumption is 4.8 l/100. Reco fuel pump (DIY + youtube), coils and that is it. Large boot, plenty of headroom (i'm 6') and leg room. Now driven by son and replaced by Nissan Tiida which is good but still prefer the echo around town