Toyota LandCruiser 100

Toyota LandCruiser 100 (1998-2007)

HDJ100R (1998-2007) and UZJ100R (1998-2007)

Landcruiser forever

Wld u buy a landcruiser without log book , history , love the landcruiser used to have the 75 series had it all rigged out , travelled sustralia n never missed a beat , was sad to see it go , bout to buy a 100 series hdj but the fella has no log book , its a 2001 and has 249000 kms on the clock . And looks realy neat , payed for mechanic aec mechanics, to look it over n ssid looks realy good , no way of noing if the odometer has been tampered with i guess is s gamble , any opinions , cheers

Date PurchasedJan 2019

I have a 2001 105 petrol.

So simple this truck, better than todays modern things. I use it every day and i do all the work myself, its that simple to work on. They are heavy on fuel, but its to be expected with 2.5 T to push along. Oil and trans fluid changes are so easy to do as is the plugs. All in all, and not its never been off road, just used for towing, you could find a better vehicle to own.

This is the 50th Anniversary model in the limited Aqua colour, they only made 500.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Wonderful car

Absolutely the most wonderful car I have owned.
Lots of power and smooth ride and its like driving a couch down the freeway
Plenty of room of all the family, we have 6 kids and enough room for them.
Cheap to service and parts easy to get.
Reliable top quality Toyota equipment.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Great car

Its a great car - we upgraded from an 80 series to the 100 series and it was like going from a pushbike to a Mercedes.
Its drive well, not too rough. We have all terrain tyres so its probably a little noisier than a stock standard cruiser.
Its a diesel, so a bit slow but tows our camper trailer with no issues.
I do miss having an all vinyl interior. The carpet is a bit trickier to keep clean with the kids and any camping trips.
We purchased this one second hand so not sure what has been done to it in terms of repairs. They are fairly reliable, especially if you service them regularly.

Badge(No Badge)
Date PurchasedSep 2016

Done over 500 000

Purchased our 100 series GXL auto new in 2006 with the 1HD FTE motor, the vehicle is excellent we frequently tow 3-3.5 ton occasionally up to 4.2 ton. Vehicle is stock standard, serviced as per the book apart from normal wear and tear. Around 400 000ks we changed the front CV's, at 480 000 we changed the rear wheel bearings. We don't normally keep our vehicles this long but the 100 series has given such great service we kept it. We are now looking at selling it and replacing with the Amarock V6. We have owned the 60 series, 80 series and 200 series. The 100 series for user friendly, simplicity,longevity and reliability is without a doubt the best.

Date PurchasedFeb 2006

Go anywhere car

Bought a petrol 105. Don't have the extra cash for the diesel. But I am happy with it. If only it does not drink much, I would prefer petrol than the diesel. Easy to work on. cheap on parts. quite and comfy. Drove from Birdville to Adelaide nonstop, never get tired sitting in it. 270000km on the old girl now, not a drop of oil leak.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Best car I have owned

Have had lots of cars over time but by far my 2000 HZJ105 manual diesel non turbo is my favourite. No it's not a speed machine but it is reliable, excellent off road performance, good on fuel (for size of the car), great for towing, can carry 8 people comfortably. I just can not speak highly enough of the car and would recommend the buying of 1 to anyone.

Date PurchasedAug 2012

Still the best 4WD

I recently purchased a second-hand Land Cruiser 105 series. I am still surprised by the driveability, comfort and feeling of safety and assuredness that this vehicle delivers. I was particularly pleased when, upon joining the Land Cruiser Club of Australia, several members remarked that this model is still the best Toyota have produced.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

98 1HD-FTE

Purchased my jap import NZ with 215km on it. It now has 270km. Have modified exhaust and intercooler. Had an additional unichip ecu installed and tuned . It now has 200hp at wheels and 510nm at wheels. Drives superb and I can easily get 720km before fuel light comes on cruising on long trips. Brilliant vehicle in every respect. Not as capable as an 80 off road but I don't venture off very often. Amazing truck that is even better once fettled with. I have a 2.5 tonne boat that it loves to tow. Also installed a trans cooler to help keep everything cool. Never ever gets hot . Purchased my boat in Hamilton NZ and towed it 1600km home without a hitch. Perfection

Date PurchasedAug 2015

2004 Kakadu V8 UZJ100R - A Nice, strong, easy typical Landcruiser

Testing more than 15 different Sahara, GXL, GXL upgrade II, LX470 Lexus I found that many of them got their own problems in different ways like oil leaks, unstable structure - you feel like you are dancing with the car on the road, lost power and performance- it gives you a good feeling of a very slow car without enough power to go faster, electrical sensors issues- there are many red or yellow lights that would turn up in front of your dash...

After about one month i could find a Kakadu which had an excellent service on its and about 250k kms on clock. The car is strong as a rocket and will tow my 3.5T boat easily for whole day long without any small issue. It goes long way like some thousands kms trips continuously without any hassles and never misses any turn. V8 4.7L engine will drink fuel more than diesel but it will give you a lot less headache than many diesel cars. Do the right service and it will be good for long.

On highway i can get close to 16L/100kms.
Around town will be 19L - 21L depends on different conditions.

After using it for more than one year, I still feel hesitant to sell it to grab for a diesel one (cause I love the diesel sound) because of not much difference in comparisons. You may save about 6L - 7L petrol/100kms on the diesel car vs this one (if same age, same kms and same year) but you will have to pay as much as about double price for a diesel one and then spend a hefty bill for diesel re-power at 100kms interval or whenever you lost the power from diesel injectors which happen quite often on a LC with high kms.

BadgeKakadu
Date PurchasedJun 2016

The best 4x4 I have ever had.

In 2015 I bought a 100 series 4.2 turbodiesel with 150,000 mls. Lovely car to drive on all roads. On UK motorways you can too-easily break the 70mph limit if not careful. The handling is excellent and visibility is ideal. In urban driving around London I am returning @33mpg. I had a complete brake failure (no fun!) and rebuilt the master cylinder and pump motor, now perfect, but had plenty of warning before but I did not realise how serious the fault would be. So if you get any brake warning lights, have the pump motor checked (it looks like a small starter unit underneath the brake unit). Interior design is very good, but not excellent for a high-priced car and air-con and heating are very efficient. Would recommend.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

100 series V8 Landcruiser

Hi I am hoping that Lee who fitted a Saudi Arabia ECU to his 2004 V8 can help me as to who he went through and how much he paid?
I have been struggling with insufficient power and poor fuel economy towing a 1200kg caravan. Would love to experience the joy you are getting with that ECU
Regards
Wayne

BadgeGXV
Date PurchasedOct 2016

Great Car

FZJ105,
Bad points are thirsty on fuel. Get one with gas but watch out as they can weaken the valve stems. Mine was about 19L/100 with a fair few addons to weigh it down on Petrol.

Otherwise it was a great car, goes great on the beach and looks a beach. 2" lift and 33" tires will get you anywhere.
A lot of space so great for drawers/ dog and fridge in the back. Decently comfy to drive for such an old car. Had no complaints about it.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

beast

Surprised when i brought my 100 very nice ride a little unruly went to the local sand pit and with out even letting the road tyres down it just easily ate it up sand that my 450 would bog in if you slowed donw what a beast anyway its the wifes new get to work wagon lol

Date PurchasedMar 2017

105 Series the last of the proper cruisers with coils all around on solid axles.

HZJ105 slow tough and reliable. The last of the non electronic cruisers, will last forever, 500,000kms and counting.
Gearbox is the weak link in these and not suitable for heavy towing in 5th. I would recommend to anyone wanting a modern tourer that can be fixed with a bit of wire and a set of pliers.

Date PurchasedJan 2001

100 series v8

I have owned my 100 series v8 for years now I've got a ecu from saudi arabia as they come factory 500+ hp there here in Australia they are so de tuned it's not funny and parts are so cheap from saudi arabia you can ship them here and save huge bucks they were actually made for the saudi arabian market I've never had a problem with mine never missed a beat it actually has 583hp on the dyno at all 4 wheels if goes anwhere just point the wheels and go endless power in pure comfort factory diff locks you can't get a better 4x4 on the planet and with the ecu from saudi arabia 12 ltr per 100 km on the hwy only thing i can say wrong get beed lock rims because without them if i put the power down too hard i tore the tyres off the rim.

Date PurchasedDec 2004

Best ever model the 2003/2004 Sahara turbo diesel .

Goes like a cut cat 151 kW is perfect and I love the interior layout , reliability brilliant , low range thru no use froze up but used WD40 on it and good as new . Running costs ,well it doesn't use any oil , not like the 200 but they have an oil pump problem I think ,and on the highway sitting on say 90 /100 8.3 .

BadgeSahara
Date PurchasedDec 2003

Love my 100 Series Landcruiser

Hi all.. my husband bought me a 100 series a while ago and i absolutely love it. Havent had any dramas with it. My concern is that i have checked the oil and every time i wipe it clean then put it back in, nothing!! So is this a drama or what.. also im assuming that it is the oil icon on the dash board right hand side of the odometer... thats always on half.. is it meant to be there half way.. would love for someone to reply back and put ny mind at ease please.

Cheers

Date PurchasedOct 1998

The best of Landcruiser

The car has less noise because the more you accelerate the engine sound reaches a maximum beyond which it maintains the sound, climate control is just but the best design. the diesel 100 series is the most reliable machine ever made, wake me up at any time of the hour and give me a journey and with or without service i am assured of covering the journey.

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Brilliant

I bought my first Landcruiser back in June 2016.
After looking around for months I found a 2004 100 series HDJ 100 R 4.2 Turbo Diesel Sahara.
Wow what a car !.
Drove it back from Sydney up to Brisbane 1012km in total and used 102 Litres.
Never missed a beat.
Super comfortable.
Handles extremely well.
Have not had a single issue with it.
Best car I have ever owned , would highly recommend this model to anyone.

BadgeSahara
Date PurchasedJun 2016

Have a 2000 petrol land cruiser we have lost total power driving at night pulling a camper trailer ? The dash went funny and now nothing?? Help please

Hi. I have a 2007 4.7 VX Landcruiser 100 series, How can I disengage Traction Control when driving in sand? no turn off button

When do you change timing belt on 6 cylinder 4.2 TD. Has 365000 km on the clock

UZJ100R VXUZJ100R SaharaUZJ100R GXL AutomaticUZJ100R GXL ManualUZJ100R KakaduHDJ100R VXHDJ100R SaharaHDJ100R GXL AutomaticHDJ100R GXL ManualHDJ100R Kakadu
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticManualAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticManualAutomatic
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolDieselDieselDieselDieselDiesel
Wheels17" Alloy17" Alloy17" Alloy17" Alloy17" Alloy17" Alloy17" Alloy17" Alloy17" Alloy17" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating4 stars4 stars4 stars4 stars4 stars4 stars4 stars4 stars4 stars4 stars
Doors5555555555
Seats8888888888
Fuel Consumption16.1L/100km16.1L/100km16.1L/100km16.1L/100km16.1L/100km11L/100km11L/100km11.2L/100km11.2L/100km11L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 145 L145 L145 L145 L145 L141 L141 L141 L141 L141 L
Engine8 Cylinder, 4.7L8 Cylinder, 4.7L8 Cylinder, 4.7L8 Cylinder, 4.7L8 Cylinder, 4.7L6 Cylinder, 4.2L6 Cylinder, 4.2L6 Cylinder, 4.2L6 Cylinder, 4.2L6 Cylinder, 4.2L
Max Power170kW @ 4800rpm170kW @ 4800rpm170kW @ 4800rpm170kW @ 4800rpm170kW @ 4800rpm151kW @ 3400rpm151kW @ 3400rpm151kW @ 3400rpm151kW @ 3400rpm151kW @ 3400rpm
Max Torque410Nm @ 3400rpm410Nm @ 3400rpm410Nm @ 3400rpm410Nm @ 3400rpm410Nm @ 3400rpm430Nm @ 1800rpm430Nm @ 1800rpm430Nm @ 1800rpm430Nm @ 1800rpm430Nm @ 1800rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapan
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJan 1998Jan 1998Jan 1998Jan 1998Jan 1998Jan 1998Jan 1998Jan 1998Jan 1998Jan 1998
Discontinuation dateDec 2007Dec 2007Dec 2007Dec 2007Dec 2007Dec 2007Dec 2007Dec 2007Dec 2007Dec 2007
Replaced byToyota LandCruiser 200Toyota LandCruiser 200Toyota LandCruiser 200Toyota LandCruiser 200Toyota LandCruiser 200Toyota LandCruiser 200Toyota LandCruiser 200Toyota LandCruiser 200Toyota LandCruiser 200Toyota LandCruiser 200

Similar listings