Toyota Motor Vehicle Insurance

Toyota Motor Vehicle Insurance

Comprehensive and Extended Warranty

See the Best Car Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

30% increase in premium in 1 year

Got my renewal for my Toyota Hilux - have been insured with Toyota Insurance for 5 years.
My yearly renewal went up 30%. I rang up to find out why. They told me it was due to cost of parts increasing, labor rates increasing etc. They told me there was nothing they could do and to shop around for a better deal.
I am in the customer services business - If I treated my customers like this I'd be sacked.
Will be insuring with someone else - particularly after reading the bad reviews!!

Do not buy Toyota insurance

Car ModelToyota Yaris
Claim DateAugust 2019
Bec

BecGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Never get Toyota Insurance

I have had nothing but trouble with Toyota insurance I gave them 3 chances and now no more
1 They claimed we did not pay our insurance one year even when we showed them our bank statements it still went on for a mouth
2 They also did the same with the roadside assistance
3 I had someone hit my car and Toyota sent my car to one of there repairers and when I went to pick up the car they did not fix everything they were meant to and the paint was a complete different colour

Sloppy & impersonal

Impersonal and sloppy processes and weak communicators. Toyota lost my recent excess payment and threatened legal action when it was already there for weeks. No apology when they found it.

Claim DateOctober 2019

Give -1 if possible

Worst insurance company, No communication from claims center, waited over 10 months for a decision. What a joke. Might as well throw the money in teh bin rather than paying these jokers.

Car ModelToyota Camry ASV70R / GSV70R Ascent 2.5 L Petrol

'notch

'notchGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Useless and dodgy

If you have a novated lease with TFM change your policy.

Lumped with this policy on a novated lease on a fairly expensive modified car. Minor damage to the front suspension. Got my own quote at a company that would use the right parts.
Adica lied initially to have the car taken to a fly by night smash repairer and arranged a tow as told no choice of repairer.
They tried to tow my car without telling me from my repairer before they could finalise the quote.
Staff in Dispute Resolution especially Chad are rude, disrespectful and talk over you.
As soon as the car is back, cancelling the policy.

katelyn m.

katelyn m.Launceston, TAS

0 stars! Should have looked here first!

Car ModelToyota HiLux
Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim DateAugust 2019

IXXI

IXXIGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I would give 0 stars if it was possible

Terrible, no communication. Waited 8 months to get car fixed only to be told that they wont be fixing. Call center doesnt know what the f they doing. Stay away

Car ModelSubaru WRX V1
Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim ApprovedNo

Worst insurance company.Save yourself the trouble and insure with someone else

Bad customer service altogether.
Poor communication with customers.
Unavailable over the phone,called them a number of times only to wait a long time on the phone.
Request call back and send email but they never responded.
Called to complain,they noted the complain and said they'll follow through but never happened so I moved on and now insured with a different company and paying cheaper.

Car ModelToyota Corolla
Claim DateMarch 2018
Claim ApprovedYes

Helpful and informative from staff when I made a claim on 24/6, thanks.

I’ve been with this company for three years. This’ll be my first time to make a claim, all went well. The staff gave me a lot of helpful information and answered my questions in detail patiently.

Car ModelToyota RAV4
Claim DateJune 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Incompetent claims Department Staff.

I have had insurance with Toyota since June 2015. I made a claim recently which was lodged over 6 weeks ago. I have rang the insurance company over 8 times to get it through. The other driver In the accident was ringing me constantly because Toyota insurance would not process the claim. They virtually did nothing to help myself or the other poor person. They also do not communicate with each other and there is no accountability for poor service and inaction on their part. If I had not gave them a ring, my claim would have sat in their to do basket for ever.

Claim ApprovedYes

Terrible company. Please run before it’s too late!

This company cancel my policy without letting me know. I wasn’t aware of my car running on streets without insurance for almost one year. When accident happened last month, they pushed me away without concerning my driver sitting in a car wreckage in the middle of streets needs help. So much more.... Disgusting policy terms n conditions...Bad service n impolite staffs n awful customer service....Turning other people misfortune becomes his fortune.... Following where money goes, oh what a Terrible feeling....

Claim MadeYes

bad, rude and unreasonable assessor and claim consultant.

Adam

AdamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disgusting policies, followed by disgraceful employees who don't care

We paid thousands of dollars on our fleet of vehicles for insurances per year through Toyota - only to be refused cover on a technicality, I am shocked how an organisation can have no leniency in awkward situations. THey don't explain their policies correctly, and frankly don't care if you find yourself in trouble.

Car ModelToyota HiAce
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateMarch 2019
IBSYD

IBSYDSydney, NSW

Complete rip off - stay well clear

My comprehensive premium has gone from $791 in 2016 to a quote of $1,263 in 2019 despite the fact that I have a top tier no claims bonus rating of 1 (5+ years).

Finally called today to question the increase and they were hopeless - all the answers came from a script and when they took me through how they calculate the premium i was able to explain how on each count I should be seeing a reduction in premium, not a nearly $500 increase in 3 years!!!

Car ModelToyota RAV4
Nippun Kaura

Nippun KauraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ridiculous service from claims department

Car ModelToyota Camry

jessica

jessicaNew South Wales

Costy and wouldnt insure my stoeln belongings

Ute was broken into and toyota wouldnt insure our stoeln belongings
Disgusting to know how much we pay for insurance and then not be able to use it when you need it.
I hope you feel great knowing you have ripped us off!!
Would not recommend or use ever again!

Car ModelToyota HiLux

Jude

JudeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very Expensive

My premiums just kept increasing first from $65/m to $93/m None of my conditions had changed except for the car's value which is going down each year, yet my premiums go up by ridiculous amount.I was ready to reduce the agreed value, but still they are not ready to reduce the premium amount and they made the excess really high.
Also the explanation given was not so convincing reasons like suburb's risk value has increased and they're matching competition, etc... They do not care about the customers. I have not made any claims so far, I couldn't imagine a situation if I need to claim in the future. Customers should not entertain these types of companies any more.

Car ModelToyota Camry

Bad.B

Bad.BSydney, NSW

Admin, please allow zero stars for reviews. Toyota Insurance Sucks.

- Expensive.
- Inconsiderate Staff
- Rude Staff
- Stingy and will hold excess regardless if at fault or not.
- Had 3 accidents with them over the life of the policy (about 3 years), all the experiences were a nightmare and got worse each time.
- They took 4 months to repair (for 1 claim, not in total), and it was at their end not the smash repairer. I made a complaint about them and wanted something done... This was in 2016,I just received a letter from them (08/03/2019), saying I asked for a complaint to be raised and if I still wanted something done....what a JOKE!!!.

Claim DateJune 2016

Nehnehneh

Nehnehneh

Deserve zero stars

Was involved in an accident. No fault of mine but they insisted on holding $1000 excess. Accident was Year and half ago. Tribunal last month awarded me the excess back. But till now they have not responded to my request to get my money back. Terrible insurance. Not to be trusted.

Claim DateSeptember 2017

MrBenz

MrBenzasked

Hi there,
I got very bad experience from DSI Panel, they left my car very dirty with the pain outside and inside also, back bumper also not fit properly, pain job is very bad with the mark, kit cover is broken. I still need time to check everything, they are not honest. They talk like professional and their shop look good, then I just believe that TOYOTA Insurance refer the good one to me. Unfortunately they fix two things but they damage everything else, I had already email to DSI Panel but had no response. It should be Toyota Insurance's responsibility to fix all of this. Anyone have any recommendation for me please?

kris
kris

Ok i am hearing you sorry for late reply as i am in hospital, but i would 1st go to Financial ombudsman service or 2nd best option is take the matter to VCAT or the tribunal in your state

Karen

Karenasked

Are there any car insurance companies that are honest and provide value for money????

I am looking for comprehensive car insurance on a new car and thought I'd check the company reviews. Boy, was I disappointed, I don't think I found one review that had anything good to say about making a claim with any company that I checked.
It appears that after reading many reviews that they are all terrible when a client makes a claim. They promise many things and never deliver. While they are taking the premiums from clients they are very helpful but when a claim is made there is no customer service at all.

Miky

Mikyasked

I just got my Toyota 2 months ago and I got tire flat do I Can get new one free ?

Disapointed
Disapointed

Nothing like the present to learn. If you drive a car you need to learn basics. As in change flat tyre, realise what buttons and switches are for i.e. their function. If you can't or won't learn this then don't drive. No freebies for flat tyres, either change the wheel or get a puncture repair done. Welcome to your new Toyota!

bam bam

you dont want much why would you expect a free tyre? flat tyres are part of driving it happens to people every day of the week Change the tyre & get the flat fixed SIMPLE.

Toyota Motor Vehicle Comprehensive Insurance

Toyota Motor Vehicle Comprehensive Insurance

1.5
Toyota Motor Vehicle Extended Warranty Insurance

Toyota Motor Vehicle Extended Warranty Insurance

CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Contact Number 1300 880 1821300 880 182
Towing Costs IncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Hire Car after an Incident

Included up to $80 per day up to 14 days

• if the amount of labour time required to complete the approved repairs exceeds 8 hours.
  • maximum total during the period of cover is $1,120
Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not Applicable
Emergency Transport & AccommodationUp to $100 per day to a maximum of $500 per claimIncluded up to a total of $500 if a failure occurs more than 200km from your usual place of residence; and the amount of labour time required to complete the approved repairs to your vehicle exceeds 8 hours.
Benefits
Hire Car after Theft

Included up to $60 per day up to 21 days