Toyota Prius C NHP10R

Toyota Prius C NHP10R (2012-2020)

Also referred to as: Toyota Prius C NHP10R 2019 and Toyota Prius C NHP10R 2021. i-Tech, (No Badge)

lamster

lamsterSydney, NSW

Relaxing and economical

If you want a relaxing, easy to park, ecomomical and no fuss car this is it. The outstanding feature is how quiet it is in stop start traffic which is where this car is most at home. Mechanically excellent and reliable. Real word ecoonomy can reach 3.9lites per 100km and averages around 4.9litrs per 100km. The digital display is fun. Highly recommended for city dwellers.

BadgeNo Badge
    Date PurchasedJan 2012

kiwi_sam

kiwi_samGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Amazing to drive, silent and reliable. GPS is the only poor feature

Date PurchasedJun 2018
    Joy

Joy

Silent, reliable and safe

I really love my car! I amazed time and time again how fuel efficient it is. I also like the look of it the Prius-C has a similar look to the Corolla. I am short, so I don't need much leg room but if you are 6 ft and above the leg room may be an issue for you. I have given some tall friends a lift (although they did not make a complaint) look a little bit uncomfortable.
    If you want a small car with low cost on fuel and is reliable, this is a great car!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Date PurchasedSep 2016

g young

g youngmelbourne

Good car around town

Physically a compact car. Back seat can just about accommodate our two six footer sons. Driver seat is ok could have better lumbar support. ENgine is very quiet silent when you start up - a bit of getting use to. You would notice the petrol engine kicking in as it can be a bit noisy. Sufficient power to cruise around town with a full load. Don't expect good pickup. Excellent consumption as low as 3.8l/100km. Interior and dashboard very basic. Do have good display of fuel economy. Small booth space as expected, but sufficient for our shopping. We have enjoyed driving this car and would recommend it especially if it's a second car or just driving around town.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Max L

Max LSydney Surrounds, NSW

Just st love my Prius

Fun car to drive, never misses a beat, almost forget to fill up though....becase it takes so long for the tank to empty and it cost less than $50.00 to fill. Yes, it is tinny and rattles a bit. But this is a car designed to save $$$$s. You want the trimmings with quietness, get a Camary but you wont say so many $$$s. Don't think about it...buy one !!!! One thing I notice when I get into the "other" hybrids, I feel the changes from Perol to electric and back... not with Prius. And when I sell it, I won't lose so much because they are always in demand. Only down side, picked it up...Brand new, a dozen stone chips over the car. They did not repair before I went to pick it up...hoping I would not notice?.

BadgeNot I-tec
    Date PurchasedMay 2014

A charismatic little car

BadgeNo Badge
    Date PurchasedNov 2014
    EagleEyes

EagleEyesAU

Buying a Prius C i-tech 2014. Best decision I ever made :-)

DimmersSydney, NSW

m0iph0enixPerth

Prius C is Awesome!

chamindaRedbank Plains

Love Prius C

I had my car for 8months now. Fuel economy is excellent. I love the car. I would like to add following which are not bad but would help someone reading about the product.
    1. Acceleration is poor. This is expected the nature of the car. Further you should focus on gradual acceleration and deceleration for best fuel economy.
    2. I had Nissan Tida before. Compare to that width of the Prius c is less. Prius C is More compact.

Overall I love the car and recommended someone who more concern about fuel economy than going fast.
    Fuel Economy

BadgeToyota

another Toyota no thanks

Magi

Magiasked

What is the best fitting australian standards baby car seat for Toyota Prius C i-tech?

Sorry I can't help here. My youngest is 21 and no grandbabies yet

Tanya

Tanyaasked

I am thinking about buying a Prius C but I am a little concerned whether this car is sluggish going up hills, especially if there is 4 people in the car. This is the only thing holding me back from saying yes could anybody help me with making my final decision :)

Hi Tanya,

I think this car will be a bit slow to take off going up the hill (not as sluggish as a snail though). I often have 5 people in my car and the car still operates fine going up the hill.

chaminda

I would say you feel bit slow but for me it is not an issue. You can always accelerate max and it will pump the torque from both petrol engine and electric motor.

Another point would be, if drive a Prius the way you drive normal car it would not be enough fuel efficient. To get best fuel efficiency you need to master the slow acceleration and slow breaking.

Dimmers

I now live in the Hills area of Sydney which if you know the area is hilly.With regards to Hills and the Prius-C its not a powerhouse. From my experience it uses very little petrol and is configured to be very economical but if going up a hill you just accelerate more. I just believe that because by default it is in eco mode your used to no or little engine noise. I have gotten it up to 140kph racing a mate up a hill. He was also surprised it had guts because the car try (as mentioned above) is wired for economy.

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives