1.8 (1,197)
    1.5 (1,164)
    1.5 (1,231)
  • Adequate Speeds Yes (305) · No (731)

xixi h.

xixi h.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst moving home team!! Worst service!!

Can you believe I informed TPG 30 days before my move, and I still don't get NBN box installed on the moving day! I am moving to a newly built home where there is no NBN box installed, after I raised my moving home request to TPG, I called them 4 times to highlight that I need to have NBN box installed first. Every time customer service promised this would happen smoothly on my moving day. I called again just one day before my move, I was told NBN box can be installed one week after my move! I told them I need to escalate the issue to supervisor, and then they said supervisor would call me back within 24H. Again, it didn't happen at all! What a group of lairs!!!!!I need to work from home with internet!!

Contract TypeMonth-to-month

Absolutely shocking. Took our money, never installed.

Debited our account but never installed the service. Customer service absolutely appalling - impossible to have the service installed- no follow up from customer service staff. Don’t use this company unless you love being frustrated!

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Start DateJanuary 2021
Contract Type6-month contract
ScottW

ScottWPerth

Bad support

When it’s working it works well. But if there is an issue with something like it keeps dropping out, they are incapable of fixing it. My service didn’t work for the last 3-4 months. Spoken to them many a time to try to have it fixed. And they kept telling me it was. As the person using it , it was definitely not fixed. After the 3-4 months of still taking my money for no service provided I have cancelled my NBN and will try a different provider.

Start DateJuly 2018

Find out how TPG Broadband compares to other Internet Service Providers

Been waiting for connection since September.

I have been waiting for NBN connection since September now. It's ridiculous I have had no internet since then. They took my $200 fast enough though. First appointment the guy couldn't connect it as they needed a ladder which I have.....Then about 3 weeks later 2 more blokes come to assess the situation and we discussed the connection. Now they need another person to come out and reassess the situation.....still waiting and it's January. Well now I have been trying to cancel the connection for about 1 month. No-one ever communicates anything to you . I am sending modem back with courier today and am still waiting for my $200 back of course.....I will be taking this further if no refund asap...so annoyed.

Start DateSeptember 2020
Maria

Maria Sydney, NSW

TPG - Worse Internet provider in Australia

I have a bad experience with the service and also with the staff. Me abs my husband been calling to report about this issue with wifi since September 2020 and it’s not January 2021. TPG finally sent a technician who couldn’t speak English and at the end he made it even worse. It’s so frustrating connecting with dishonest provider like TPG. Staff are so dishonest rude and with language problem.

Connection TypeWireless
Start DateNovember 2018
Scooter

ScooterSydney, NSW

I've been a TPG customer since September 2016 and am very satisfied. They're less expensive than NBN offered by other providers. FTTB speeds for me are around 90 Mbps / 38 Mbps, they are consistent and I could count on one hand the number of outages experienced.

Start DateSeptember 2016
Pat

PatSydney

Constant Dropouts - No help fixing the problem

Start DateApril 2017
Steve T.

Steve T.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Do not use!

Do not use TPG. Their speeds and seek times are slower, and they have changed. They are making it harder to make changes to your account and services. The self-service options have diminished and you now spend hours on the phone if you want help. I changed ISPs but discovered they had kept billing me. They charged me for 4 months internet I wasn't using and are refusing to refund my money! Steer clear of them.

Start DateJanuary 2012

Elderly Abuse

coder

coderSydney, NSW

Everyone is going through their scripts.

Enquired definite-dates-of-end of ADSL-service, Not-one knew, though they aggressively-pushing everyone-to-NBN (reapeated calls eventhough instructed not-to-contact-me.), Hinted to-use otherprovider, they-pass-you-to-another-department-who-will offer-you-nothing-more than-what is already-available on-website or emailed-to-the-customers. Bottomline-is-SALES,-not-provide-good-service. Company-should-aim-to-provide-good-service and sales-will-follow.

Data TypeCapped Data
Colin

ColinSouth East Queensland, QLD

TPG are money hungry

worst internet service in Australia ever they also go behind your back and sign you to a contract when you complain about the service when I signed up to tpg I was on a month by month plan have proof of installation fee as that was the condition of month by month plan

Start DateFebruary 2019
CHRIS

CHRISSydney, NSW

Home phone number deactivated. Medical staff cannot contact my elderly mother for critical appointments

Gary g

Gary gSouth West, WA

works very very well at my place no issues with anything glad i got nbn100 perfect

we ordered one day then 2 days later the modem turned up super fast
they are very organised and frendly company to deal with our speed is between 85 and 91 which is excellent no issues at all with any of the installation there should be 10 stars they were always sending sms and emails untill they were finished with the installation completed and the phone was only 2 days because we ported our number which can take 5 days thats what i mean they are excellent in the customer service look how they looked after us there is nothing wrong with them we are very happy to sign up with tpg glad we did.

Start DateJanuary 2021
Contract Type6-month contract
Review

Review

Rude, unprofessional and unethical staff

Rude staff from customer service, faults as well as the engineers. They have no issue with releasing my personal phone records and internet usage without permission.A total disgrace.
What a strange request from this forum for all reviews to have a minimum word limit of 30!

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Horrible speeds

I get such inconsistent speeds with TPG, usually very slow and underwelming. I was with Telstra for many years, more expensive but never had these issues. See speedtest results in the screenshot using their service. 1.3mbs is utterly disgusting for a 50mb line.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Start DateOctober 2020
Contract Type24-month contract

Jonah

JonahSydney, NSW

Bad i.e. not good

Promised NBN to my area a year before they could deliver it. Customer service strategy is similar to mushroom farming (keep in dark and feed s#!+). If you have other options use them.

Ruth Less

Ruth LessSydney

Worst. Service. Ever.

Mikr

Mikr

Do not use tpg

Do not use Tpg. This has to be the worse so called company to deal with. Philopheno call center very poor english which is ment to be a basic requirement. Tpg will creat contracts behind your back to lock you in they will also change billing dates and take money out of your account as they want. If you use tpg you will need assistance from the Telecommunications ombudsman. No staff will help all they do is verify who you are and can nerver resolve anything the adverage call time to TPG is 1 to 2 hours. TPG will put you in a on hold loop. I have also filled complants to the ACCC along with thousands of others.

Start DateOctober 2020
Lakshan

LakshanPerth, WA

The Worst problem resolution

When we got connected to NBN, the speed was very good. The wifi range was also good. All of a sudden the 2.4ghz network is unstable and 5ghz range has decreased a lot. Just showing one bar. I called them and explained them. They say that it could be the reason of neighbors bringing in new devices to their home. I told them to send someone because it could be the reason of a faulty router. They said they will monitor it. After the call they just made the internet worse. Just helpless at the moment. Disappointed. The guy on the phone sounded rude too.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Contract Type24-month contract
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Paying for 100 mbps but get 50 mbps...

I have swapped to the nbn 100 mbps since July 2020 with tpg but i am still getting less than 50 mpbs speed..however i am still being charged for the 100 mbps..worst internet provider..i definitely wont get 1 new contract with them!!!

Andrea G

Andrea Gasked

TPG Broadband

Very disrespectful company with deceiving practices like the $20 ‘prepayment” towards a home phone that was not requested or used, that therefore you can never use. It is a fee by another deceptive name.

Jaymin B.

Jaymin B.asked

NBN 50

How good is it for online gaming ? I usually play GTA 5 on laptops and PubG mobile on iphone. I had vodafone serivices before the speed numbers were good on speed test but for some reason ping was way too high in the game. Game worked fine on telstra mobile net or at my friends, but not on vodafone mobile internet. On same nbn I had dodo provider a week ago and the ping was really great. I just want to make sure same does not happen again with my next internet provider.

Alex W.

Alex W.asked

TPG Broadband

Worst support service. Ever.
Do not recommend signing up with this company at all. They’ve poured all their resources into their sales team.

I’m moving house in 6 days time, so I wanted to move house with my current connection.
Naturally, I organised this BEFORE moving, because I want internet connection to be seamless.
To do it on the phone, they don’t tell you how long you’ll be waiting, but this voice cuts in and out between the awful music to let you know that you can do it online.
So, I go online, wait 30 minutes in a queue and finally start a chat with someone and advise them I need help. He gives me an email address and tells me to email the relocation team for assistance, or I can do it myself online. Apparently “Move Home with Chat” is only an information service, but I can call and do it, if I need help. That chat conversation took 25 minutes, where the advisor copy/pasted things that I could have googled, if I knew the chat service was an information line.
So, I email that team, and get a response the next day, advising that I can do it myself online, or call.

So, last night, after having tried calling many times, but sick of being on hold, I went online. There’s a video there that tells you you can do it online, really easily. Your connection stays active at your address until you move the modem. Easy! (Not)
You have to sign in 3 times, and put in your new address 2 or 3 times too. There’s 9 steps, but the 9th step is just informing you if the registration has been successful. There is nowhere to say what day you’re moving in, and when you no longer need connection at your exisiting address.

So, this morning, I wake early to start working from home - relying solely on the internet to do this.
No internet connection!
I lodge a fault, and also call. I’m put on hold for a seriously long time, for the advisor to come and go and ask inane questions. She says that she’ll call back in 1 hour.
1.5hours go by, with no call. I can’t even call TPG, because their phone lines are too busy and maybe I should try online - yeah right, I think.
2 hours have gone by since TPG said they’d call, and I finally got the call, only to be told that the service had already moved to my new address, and that customer service would ring me ASAP to resolve this. It’s been 1.5 hours and I still don’t have internet, but I’ve just got a text message, letting me know that my service is now ACTIVE! Of course, it’s active at the new address, where I don’t live yet.

It’s now been 3 days and I’ve not heard back from TPG.

melodymouse00
melodymouse00

This happened to me this week! They are criminal. I have no internet and work from home. Extraordinary situation

Dennis Ahn
Dennis Ahn

This happened to me today...

Get an answer from our members and TPG representatives

Compare all 5 TPG Broadband
Standard Monthly Price A$59.99A$69.99A$89.99
Service TypeNBNNBNNBNADSL
Packages AvailableBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundle and Standalone
ContractMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set Period
Data AllowanceCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and Unlimited
NBN Speed Tier 12/150/20100/40