TPG Broadband
1.7 from 4,417 reviews

See the Best Internet Service Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

3,222

underestimated my transfer usage, now forced to pay an extra 300 per year for speed I don't need

Had just changed to NBN, over done my data in 5 days, despite no usage change, was not warned or given realistic estimate of new costs. If I could rate zero I would. email msgs to call then, on hold for 1 hour and so can't even speak to anyone.

Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)

BERRAK C.

BERRAK C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good Service Very Reliable

The Connection with TPG is pretty good after we upgraded to NBN 50 essentially 48mbps upload and download. We have a Home run business and require us to upload videos and it works great. Very good upload speed. There are times when there a large number of devices on the wifi network it needs a reboot. But overall its good . Happy and highly recommend.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Khuong T.

Khuong T.Sydney, NSW

Unprofessional customer service, speed was not guaranteed after 3 months of use

Connection speed was not guaranteed as promised. Constant dropout at night or early evenings
Bad and unprofessional customer service.
Service was cut after a phone complaining with TPG representative and while issues were being sorted out.

Start DateSeptember 2018
Data TypeCapped Data
PPM

PPMGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unethical, false promise, 0 customer service-- shameless

TPG sells plan unethically to trap customers (not legit, full of lies).
TPG agreed to share my call records with me but when they found that their sales team made promises that TPG can not deliver, they refused to share my call records as I will then have evidence against them in consumer court. They accepted that I was provided wrong information (on purpose) to sign up with TPG but they just refused to provide me any solution to fix customer experience and their own wrong doing. They sound very shameless and thick skinned and take advantage of the fact that not every customer will have time to pursue a case against them.
Don't sign up with them.

Start DateMarch 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

faez b.

faez b.Sydney, NSW

Worst business ethics Ive come across

If I could rate them with a zero I would. However the lowest I can give them is One star.
Signed up for the 100mbps plan. Was assured of great bandwidth and been paying them $110/month. However have not been receiving anywhere close to this. Speeds Ive been receiving have varied from 12mbps to 7mbps
So to date I have paid them close to $2000 for this poor and pathetic speeds and service

Jonathan J.

Jonathan J.Hunter Region, NSW

Compared to Southern Phone use TPG

Ever since changing over from Southern Phone to TPG, internet has been running extremely well, the only issue I've had is with speaking on the phone to their operators, the two people I spoke to were very hard to understand..

hotdog

hotdogSydney, NSW

Worse than all of them

They cut off my existing service a week prior to what we agreed and never sent a modem. Charged $199 and won't pay it back
Courier company referred to in their emails had no details of the item. They then said modem was in a post office 1000km away.
I've been without internet for 12 days now, even after cancelling order a week ago. Tried to go back to original provider but they are having issues getting it back. Every time you call them you speak to someone who has no record of previous conversations, that's if you can understand them
A nightmare

Dub

DubSouth East Queensland, QLD

The Communication is terrible!Dont waste your money

The worst internet company I have every signed up with.While trying to get a reconnection to our home, the company somehow, without me ever mentioning another address, changed my address online, completely stuffing me around!After paying $200, 6 days now of waiting for them to connect and only realising last night that they had fully changed my address and connected someone else - i have given up and want a full refund!we already had the box set up - it should have beena quick and easy fix but being put forward this person, then this person, then another person and getting absolutely no where and lied to continually, I am done

Start DateAugust 2019
Connection TypeWireless
Cathrine

CathrineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Shocking Customer Service

TPG must be desperate for customers!! I did an online order for NBN, tried to cancel an hour later after chatting to Telstra and them telling me about the down time we would experience, TPG refused and said they don't have a cooling off period and would charge me $350 cancellation fee. Decided to go ahead with them, only to receive an email saying they don't support 'complex product', this I am told is our EFTPOS machine. I once again tried to cancel because EFTPOS is vital to our business but was told we would still have to pay the cancellation fee. Horrible customer service, they don't listen and pass the buck, was put through to four different departments.

Angie K

Angie KPerth, WA

Good service and connection

I changed from a different service provider to TPG. The service from the sales team was great in providing the information and making sure I understood what was involved with the start up process including cost. There was a slight connection issue after installation but the issue was resolved promptly by the technical support team and it has been running smoothly since. Price is competitive. Flexibility to upgrade or downgrade the plan. Easy to manage.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Cat

Contract Type12-month contract

Balaji P.

Balaji P.

Best value for money

I have been using TPG NBN for more than a year. I have no issues to till date right from installation. Billing is very straight forward debit process monthly basis.

Start DateApril 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Joseph Cade

Joseph CadeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No service provided and still charged . Better than stealing

No service provided . I was billed from April after they couldnt install my NBN service, and a cancellation request was made. Now I have to go to the telcoms ombudsman to recover a miserable $ 300. Right upto April there was no NBN service and yet I paid . debited. All I asked was that the $300 be credited. Nothing doing. An Asian call centre reading out of a script. Not very honourable.

Start DateAugust 2018
EIM

EIM

Avoid like the plague

Customer service is awful
The call center staff have very poor english skills
They never listen
Their systems are inflexible
Their online interfaces do not work
Do not sign a fixed contract if tempted to use them

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
guilly n.

guilly n.

Customer service is non-existant

I have had numerous emails back and forth with TPG.
They continuously send emails to me even though we have come to an agreement via email already. Its like there is a lack of communication between staff and they have no idea about a situation they just send generic automated responses. Its not good enough and i will be changing service very soon.
TPG look at your reviews. An overall of 1.7 out of 5. Start taking a look at yourselves and bring some warmth and feeling into your customer service (the most important part of business).

Start DateFebruary 2015

Stewart A.

Stewart A.South East Queensland, QLD

TPG Communication and Problem solving. Garbage!! Avoid TPG

Start DateFebruary 2018

Schnappi

SchnappiSydney, NSW

First ever review just to warn people

Start DateApril 2013

Steveo

SteveoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Reliable once you get going

Took a while to get set up at my house, but haven't had a single problem since. Set and forget. Price is competitive. Live chat option has been good. No spam emails / unsolicited calls

Start DateJanuary 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

JACK

JACK

The accc should close this company down!!!

Graeme w.

Graeme w.asked

Can you transfer from your home to another one when you sell the first one

Val
Val

Hi Graeme,
.It all depends on the T&C of your contract.You need to talk to TPG. I'm not working for them. I just used to be a customer.

noochdog

noochdogasked

When will tpg enable our reconnection on the sunshine coast.......4 hours shut down easter monday...had troubles with telstra over the years..never bad as this...we will go back to telstra as soon as the contract has finished.

bobbysdad

bobbysdadasked

Why don't TPG respond to any questions or comments made here? From all of the reviews posted here at productreview.com.au, they are about the worst ISP of all. Why do people still sign up with them? They should be ashamed of themselves. Are there any TPG reps out there reading this? Please tell us, why should we sign up with you? Will your service EVER get better?

Mac
Mac

That's because majority of us only care about cheap price nbn but not much about the after sale service. That is why tpg is soon to be number 2 largest internet provider!

Freddy
Freddy

exetel is 15% cheaper a month and has a 40% cheaper setup fee

tpg is a bit of a nightmare, just wait for the endless calls, emails and sms' when it comes time to disconnect, enjoy

PtDaFool
PtDaFool

If you want decent customer service and are actually prepared to pay for it, then go with aussie broadband. If you want cheap plan prices, stop expecting good customer service, as you can't have both these days. Sad, but true. TPG only cares about their bottom line, and their plans and customer service reflect this.

TPG Broadband NBN 12

TPG Broadband NBN 100

TPG Broadband ADSL

TPG Broadband ADSL

2,406 reviews
TPG Broadband Fibre To The Building (FTTB)

TPG Broadband Fibre To The Building (FTTB)

CategoryInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service Providers
Monthly Price $59.99$69.99$89.99
Service TypeNBNNBNNBNADSLFibre
Packages AvailableBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundle and Standalone
ContractMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set Period
Data AllowanceCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and Unlimited
NBN Speed Tier 12/150/20100/40