TPG Broadband
1.8 from 4,224 reviews

See the Best Internet Service Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Don't do it. Terrible service all round.

The connection was unreliable mostly when we wanted to stream between 6-9pm on weeknights. It was almost impossible. We lodged multiple issues with the customer service none of which resolved the issue. We finally moved to the NBN with a different provider and a TPG technician was sent to our property and reconnected us back to TPG without a phone call or a check in. They then took no responsibility when it happened and pointed the finger elsewhere - it was a headache even after we had cancelled the service. Do yourself a favour, look elsewhere.

Start DateAugust 2018
Contract Type6-month contract

NBN Installation

0 star.... TPG NBN didn't show up for the scheduled installation. No call or message from them. When I rang TPG and got hang up 4 times as the case manager was too busy to answer calls. I've been with TPG over 10 years and guess it's time to switch.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Please have at least 20% of native English speakers - Australia is not India

100 of harassing calls a day with unbearable accent reading their teletext with a speed of light.
Robotic attitude at all levels
From customer service to engineers to technician - I normally won’t be bothered but these guys seriously getting on your nerves

Data TypeUnlimited Data

Worked for a few days then died - no after hours troubleshoot service!

Wow I guess all the reviews are accurate. I had a good week of excellent NBN connection and then it stops working! Never had this issue with other providers and no damn 24 hr technical support which makes it useless. This better be resolved or it’s off to the Telecommunications Ombudsman on Monday.

Connection TypeI don't know

Do not enter a contract with TPG

Terrible customer service. TPG is a company that takes advantage of their customers. Their foreign call centre will lock you into contracts over the phone by asking you to agree to things you can barely understand. You will always pay more than you expect. Very deceptive practices.

Start DateApril 2015
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Terrible Internet Speed and all about money

I have been TPG customer for ADSL2 and home phone for more than 5 years. All these years we received speed of 700Kbps or less. A few year's backTPG sent their engineers who supposedly performed checks on the line and advised us that the fault was with our unit's internal wiring. I took their word at value and was a bit lazy to switch. Last month our internet stopped working and it took TPG 4 days to fix it. This time I made the switch to another. When I asked TPG to cancel my service (month to month contract) they advised me that inspite me giving them a week's warning (week before new month was due to start) they will charge me next month's fees as it was agreed at the time of the original contract. i.e. I will be charged for being provided no phone line or internet (both were switched to the new provider). What a robbery! With my new provider, consistently for 3 weeks now, I am getting atleast 4.5 Mbps.

Please do yourself a favour and don't go with TPG.

Start DateJune 2012
Data TypeCapped Data

Unexpectedly good!

I just got fully connected to the nbn network yesterday, and I don't want to jinx myself, but so far its so good! My speeds are soo much better than they were with adsl+2, i used to have horrid speeds with adsl+2 and couldn't even download bigger files because it would literally take a week. I've been reading all the bad reviews about tpg and was a bit scared, but i'm happy with my connection so far. Thanks TPG!

Start DateJune 2019
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

0 stars. Doesn't even work nor does anyone employed by this rat aids vortex of a company

Has worked for 20 mins over a month. Whoever runs this crap hole should burn the whole company. Get better connection under the water in the damn Atlantic ocean. Damn nbn

Connection TypeWireless

well, everything about them is terrible

i called them up to help to try and fix an account issue and all they were doing was passing me off to different people. all i was asking for was some help with my issue. until finally they hung up on me. and whats better still, is it took them a month to install my internet

Start DateApril 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Being over charged when you cancel their service in the name notice

Very bad customer service.. wasn't told about the notice when they called me to change my ADSl to NBN.. But when I called them after signing up with other ISP. i have been charged a month and half worth subscription even though their service was no longer being used

Start DateFebruary 2014
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Charged me $350 termination fee on a closed account because they couldn't relocate my service.

Customer service is shocking. TPG couldn't relocate my service as there is apparently an issue with the Telstra infrastructure. Proceeded to tell me in order to resolve the issue I, the customer, have to arrange with Telstra (wholesale) for a landline at a cost and then TPG (RSP) will connect the services at anothe cost. When I declined this so called solution, they charged me $350 cancellation on my previous account!

Start DateNovember 2017
Data TypeUnlimited Data

There is no option for zero stars or I would have given zero stars

Terrible service and quality. Always a hassle to fix things. Never going with TPG again.. such a nightmare. Do yourself a favour and go with anybody else...... this has been painful to say the least

Start DateFebruary 2018
Connection TypeWireless

I am getting tired and sick for poor customer service

On 16 May, 2019 i received a confirmation mail from TPG that a technician will attend to my home on 22 May, 2019 and do the installation. On that day a technician had attend my home but he couldn't find the main telephone line though it was an open area which has 24 hrs assess. Then the technician gone without doing any installation.

Then immediate i contact with TPG customer care and explain the situation and TPG informed me they will contact with and give me a new installation date. On 23 May, 2019 I a confirmation mail from TPG that a technician will attend to my home on 04 June, 2019 and do the installation. But unfortunately no technician had attend my home to do the installation. Then again immediately i contact with TPG customer care and explain the situation then TPG tell sorry to me for their poor service and informed me they will contact with again and give me a new installation date.

On 07 June, 2019 I a confirmation mail from TPG that a technician will attend to my home on 16 June, 2019 and do the installation. But unfortunately no technician had attend my home to do the installation. This is the 3rd time TPG give me the installation date confirmation but technician didn't attend.

It is appalling to get a very poor service from such a reputed company like TPG. I was both shocked and disappointed to have been treated in this way .Now I made my decision that i am not taking this service anymore because last 40 days i am running after TPG but TPG unable to give a simple installation service. I lost my valuable time for running after TPG.

If your time is valuable do not think about TPG, they are the time killer.

TPG - Just a low cost internet Provider with many issues

Been with TPG for last 7 years, and finally moving to another provider.
What's changed? Realised, TPG is just another provider with no value adds.

They only buy limited bandwidth, which is then distributed to thousands of consumers to maximize profit, so peak hours are the worst, so many dropouts, specially weekends. When contacting support for poor speed, support will just blame distance with exchange server. I have called support many times, and my calls were closed without any resolution.

Another major issue with TPG, try contacting customer support. If you want a new connection the call routes through and gets answered immediately, and if it's a complaint or issue, you will be holded on queue forever. Their account closure / cancellation tele support route are the worse.
Try it yourself, try reaching TPG cancellation team on telephone. Also try searching their website for anything on cancellation.

PROS -
1. Priced lower than telstra and other leading providers
Couldn't find any more points. I guess the lower price tag comes with below CONS.

CONS -
1. Very poor customer service / technical support / maintenance.
2. Low speed
3. Dropouts on weekends (Maintenance I assume)
4. Lack of transparency.
5. Low quality Internet modem.
6. Every time I relocate, had to pay change of address fees.
7. Tricky cancellation process.

Finally Moving to NBN, and in no mood to get in another contract, I decided to call it a day.

Start DateJune 2013
Contract Type24-month contract

TPG NBN What A Sham

Had 18 month contract, had to move, they wanted to change our contract as there was no nbn where we were going for 3months, we said no will stay with same contract till nbn is running so still paid the same amount a month without getting any internet, we've had to move again 12 months later again, rung them to let them know and they wanted us to pay them $150 for moving and we said no because we're already passed our contract subscription, so that ment we could change our provider, well they weren't happy about that so they locked our modem so its became useless to us now, they have very poor customer service, until they change they'll loose more business and for us we won't be recommending them at all to anyone,
Don't trust &
Don't rely on them for any help, they'll take your money easy enough but you won't receive nothing in return only headaches

Start DateJune 2016
Connection TypeWireless

Great communication, fast provisioning/churn time from ADSL2 to NBN!

"The Good"
I was advised that the availability for NBN in my area was 31-05-2019 and the following business day, I received the modem.
I received a text message the next day advising me to plug in the modem and have it ready and instantly the link light came up for NBN connectivity. The speed was tested and so happy that I am now able to get speeds I used to via telstra cable at my previous home.

The speeds I generally receive throughout the day/night, no matter what time it is are 91-97Mbit down and 34-39Mbit up. totally pleased with the service provided with TPG, I have been with them for a very long time.

"The Bad"
The only issue is the price - we should not be paying $90 for internet (This is for the unlimited 100Mbit plan) although it is cheaper than most other ISPs out there.

The other thing I had an issue with was the modem provided by TPG had a port open by default - TPG refused to provide the Su account so I can disable the CWMP/TR-069 protocal for their engineers/support to login to perform remote duties. If your modem is not on the latest firmware, this can pose a threat with being exploited. So I took matters in my own hand.
For others out there that received the TP-Link Archer VR1600v:

1. create a port trigger rule to redirect the port CWMP port "7547" to "7557" or any other port that you prefer that's not being used on your network. once you do this, it will then notify you that this port is reserved and ask if you would like to disable it or not - choose 'yes'.
2. this step might not apply to you (but step 1 should be enough) A NAT rule created (in pfsense - dedicated Firewall) to redirect traffic coming on 7557 to an IP on the network that does not exist.

Start DateJune 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

TPG internet is similar to the dial-up internet I had in the early 2000s

My internet keeps dropping out.

TPG internet is similar to the dial-up internet I had in the early 2000s. I wait for a page to load. It doesn't load. So I walk away to do something. Come back to hit reload. Then it partially loads. So I hit reload again, and walk away to while away the time, before coming back to finally see the actual page. I am very unhappy with this internet service.

Bad product and unauthorised debit

Frequent drop outs. Calls failed. Internet connections. Never resolved. Quality remained poor at best. Not to mention very bad data allowance and bang for buck when compared to other providers.

Start DateFebruary 2016
Data TypeCapped Data

Happy with them

There are a lot of negative reviews here on TPG but I have been with them for many years and satisfied with there service. Sometimes I have problems but I think that is normal from internet providers.

Connection TypeI don't know

TRUST ME GUYS.. STAY AWAY FROM TPG

TPG is the worst company that provides unstable and poor internet connections but also, horribly unprofessional customer services. The modem they provide complimentary is a cheap HUWEI modem which is a chinese brand that is known to be very sketchy and had issues with spying and stealing your personal data, so is banned in many countries already. You would have to pay few hundred $ extra to get a decent modem whereas there are lots of other companies that provide a decent modem for complimentary. TPG NBN internet is never as fast as it is being described as and is very unstable, gets disconnected alot for no reason. The customer service is based on overseas and they literally have NO IDEA what they are talking about. Almost seem like they haven't been trained at all and dealing with you with their common sense which we all have. Trust me i had to deal with them several times on phone because of no internet connection for no reason, they will ask you to plug in and out all the wires which most people would have already tried, if it doesnt work, then they will ask you to patiently wait and contact you back in few days. They dont ever contact you back first, like ever, not even once and you will have to chase and chase them explaining the whole situation again and again everytime you call them.
Basically this business is the worst interms of their actual product and services. Poor internet connection, speed, and customer service team have no knowledge of internet and they will have no idea what you are talking about. All they really care is to hang up the phone and leave the problem up to the next staff when you call them back.
You've seen all these tons of horrible reviews already with TPG, just stay away from this company. Trsut me guys once you make contract it is impossible to cancel and you will have to suffer for years.. Please pay few dollars more and contract with decent brands becasue you will actually save your time and money eventually. TPG is not worth the money and i cant wait to move to other brands once my TPG contract finishes!

Connection TypeWireless

When will tpg enable our reconnection on the sunshine coast.......4 hours shut down easter monday...had troubles with telstra over the years..never bad as this...we will go back to telstra as soon as the contract has finished.

Why don't TPG respond to any questions or comments made here? From all of the reviews posted here at productreview.com.au, they are about the worst ISP of all. Why do people still sign up with them? They should be ashamed of themselves. Are there any TPG reps out there reading this? Please tell us, why should we sign up with you? Will your service EVER get better?
That's because majority of us only care about cheap price nbn but not much about the after sale service. That is why tpg is soon to be number 2 largest internet provider!exetel is 15% cheaper a month and has a 40% cheaper setup fee tpg is a bit of a nightmare, just wait for the endless calls, emails and sms' when it comes time to disconnect, enjoyIf you want decent customer service and are actually prepared to pay for it, then go with aussie broadband. If you want cheap plan prices, stop expecting good customer service, as you can't have both these days. Sad, but true. TPG only cares about their bottom line, and their plans and customer service reflect this.

I was using tpg. Dodo marketing called me and i changed my service to dodo because their offers were better. Dodo customer service told me that i dont have to contact tpg to cancel because it will cancel automatically. So i didn't call to cancel tpg. 6 months later i realised that i am getting charged from dodo and tpg for 6 months. What should i do and who is at fault? Can anyone suggest?
TPG advised on phone today, that the only way to cancel service is to send email to cancel@tpg.com.au and that process to refund money can go for 2 months. I have done it today and I am waiting.I have found another email on net for cancellation. adsl_cancel@tpg.com.au also good to read A broadband horror story from TPG at https://independentaustralia.net/business/business-display/a-broadband-horror-story-from-tpg,5386

NBN 12NBN 50NBN 100ADSLFibre To The Building (FTTB)
Monthly Price $59.99$69.99$89.99
Service TypeNBNNBNNBNADSLFibre
Packages AvailableBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundle and Standalone
ContractMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set Period
Data AllowanceCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and Unlimited
NBN Speed Tier 12/150/20100/40