TPG Broadband
1.8 from 3,991 reviews

Appalling!

TPGs customer service is appalling. They go out of their way to make everything as difficult as possible, particularly cancelling a service. I made the mistake of signing my mother up fo TPG ADSL and now I need to cancel ... they are the masters of deception, lies and avoidance. Avoid TPG at all costs!

Amazing customer service

I had a problem regarding my internet not working due to changing my password, the guy(I forgot to ask the name) was super helpful and I have changed my password successfully however while doing that I managed to lose my internet connection. I spoke to this advisor on the phone for 1.5 Hours, he knew very well what he was doing - gave me very clear instructions on what to do and did not get upset/inpatient with me whatsoever, he was super helpful. Would 10/10 recommend

Start DateOctober 2018
Set-up Time1 days

Incompetent

Very rude not helpful at all and always trying to take the money out a week before it's due then disconnect me for failure of payment.
Try and sort that out yeah right good luck with that.

Start DateJanuary 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Rubbish processes, it took close to 45mins just to order a replacement modem coz the original one stopped working, :(

Will not be renewing contract with TPG. You guys are #1 for pissing people off... how hard is it to offer customers quick easy service, not sure if you guys read what your customers have been posting but it's not good

OK
Contract Type6-month contract
Connection TypeI don't know

Poor service and follow up

After hearing the TPG advert offering the new NBN service I called had to go through 3 options to then get the message " sorry we can't take your call our work ours are Mon to Friday. After paying all that money for a fantastic advert you would think someone could take the call. I am already a customer for many years and was told when NBN goes live on crows nest someone will contact me. My current TPG service declines each day to the pint so can't even watch a movie. Please contact me to resolve and upgrade me on Johnl@ozmedicann.com

Start DateJune 2012
Contract Type24-month contract
Connection TypeI don't know

Leave TPG is the BEST message you can send them!!!

It is evident that TPG does NOT gives a damn about their customers or customer service. Take a look at all the reviews they got on different websites... What TPG stupidly, arrogantly or ignorantly failed to realise is that annoying off your customers will ONLY means one thing = NO BUSINESS.

As customers, we are NOT stupid nor tolerate TPG's way of managing their accounts. As of today, I have cancelled my account with these monkeys and give my money to one of your competitors. There is NO way I'm going back to use any of TPG service even if it's offered for FREE, it's not worth my sanity!!! Bye Bye

Connection TypeNBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Internet is great, customer service is not

Joined up with TPG after moving into our new home. Our builder took care of all NBN requirements which should have waived the NBN connection fee of $300 (our builder also built the house next door to us and Optus waived their NBN connection fee as all requirements were met). Unfortunately TPG would not accept copies of our paperwork showing that all connections were complete and would not waive the fee despite no onsite assistance being required. They posted us the modem and we connected it. Will not be renewing contract.

Connection TypeI don't know

Omg dodgy company. Avoid unless you want to be ripped off upon cancellation.

I rang to change my address, moving 10 k’s away. I was told that I cannot have my current contract of unlimited data for $59.99, but instead had to get my phone through Telstra and then pay them for limited data, for example 80gb for $99.00. Telstra can’t provide a phone line meaning even if I wanted to pay high cost for minimal data, tpg cannot provide the service. So I was forced to cancel and now they are demanding a cancellation fee and making me call and email repeatedly to try and get resolved. No words to explain my frustration.

Start DateMarch 2018

Horrible Experience

I signed up with TPG and payment was deducted from credit card one Saturday. A few hours later, I cancelled as I will be moving. I was told refund will be 3-5 days. I rang on Monday to confirm they received my cancellation and refund 3-5 days. A week later, i rang on Tuesday to follow up my refund and was told its in the process. Almost anotherweek later, Monday, i rang again to follow up my refund and was told it will be 3-5 days. Only then I received email confirming cancellation. Almost $300 fee deducted within seconds, almost 3 weeks to get a refund!

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+

Terrible customer service

I live in Townsville and lost my house in the floods. I tried to cancel my internet and TPG wants to charge me a $350 early contract termination fee. They won't even provide any special circumstances in this situation. I couldn't believe it when they told me. Telstra actually waived all fees, free relocation and actually gave people a credit on their accounts. I know who ill be signing up with once I get a new house.

Terrible
Bad
Start DateJanuary 2019
Set-up Time4 days

Internet always dropping

Paying 60 dollars/month to get 0.5-10 mgb of download speed with what a scam useless company money grabbing not give a damn about customer company lol im changing my internet screw you

Bad customer service

Very pushy, don't understand English
Australia needs to stop getting these stupid idiots off the boats, they should be rejected in our country. Their customer service is very poor, customers have needs.

Start DateAugust 2018
Set-up Time7 days
Contract Type24-month contract

TPG is Scam Company just rip people money

Hi
I just bought ADSL bundle plan , before getting plan I spoke sales person Tpg owns Adsl lines and she said we charge customers $99.99 fee to send technical out connect internet so I mentioned her I don’t have any thing plug modern so she don’t need worry everything is included but know they said Telstra will connect remotely, they said they check Pos Voise recording and get back me and I ask them send voice recording to make clear picture but no one came back

Then I Called TIO to lodge complain and another lady from resolution team rang me and said will investigate get back to you shortly and didn’t called back a week after I called her she said I want my money back and she said get back to me in 24 hrs and she emailed saying Tpg will refund $79.94 in my account instead $179.94 , plus when I was buying lady mentioned me customer Services grantee and if they don’t connect I can claim extra payment not providing service .

This TPG is just Ripping people off

Start DateFebruary 2019
Set-up Time0 days
Connection TypeI don't know

I am actually quite happy about the customer service!

Have been with TPG for 3 years, and couldn't complain about anything really. Speed was nice, had a 25/5 bundle for 70$. Recently had a problem with router, gave a call to customer service, waited for about 15 mins, but the service was spot on! They didn't take me for an imbecile, guided through a router reset and re-setup through admin login. After that they pointed that there is a 50 nbn plan for the same price, another 30 mins on a phone and got it all sorted. If not for the waiting time I'd be perfectly happy, but it was a rush hour (7pm). So good on you TPG for sorting the customer service.

Good
Good
Start DateAugust 2015
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Absolutely shocking, wouldn’t recommend tpg even if it was free

The entire process is going on 3 months now and I’m still not connected.

I’ve called numerous times and other than shifting responsibility from one “case officer” to the next (not sure how many case officers one case needs) I still could not get a straight answer.

The cherry on top of the cake is that they’ve already taken the advanced monthly payment without providing the service. The senior case officer could not confirm whether I would be charged for next months connection or not, and that I would need to speak to someone else regarding this once I’ve finally gotten connected (which is seeming more and more like a pipe dream).

Unfortunately there’s no option to give no stars, one seems extremely generous.

Start DateMarch 2019
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)

whatever poor service poor internet ever

do not change the ownership, then they will charge you the money then told you already change the ownership and cannot give any information regarding to this.
my friend and i didn't get money back yet.
then they will not give you any reference number and if you send them email, no one reply.
internet also terribly slow,
sometimes cannot use internet for a while however, when you call them they will talk to you because a lot of people using TPG.
so funny
some of people work hard in TPG sorry, However, who told with me most of them was unkind.
I'm not recommend at all.
carefully select internet!!!

Start DateDecember 2014
Set-up Time3 days

Poorest service ever

It’s now nearly 4 weeks since the 1st of 7 different people told me my modem would arrive the next day! I have received emails asking to rate my modem, I have received emails also promising next day delivery. I have continuously advised I have not received my modem! 2 days ago I received another email telling me my modem had been returned as it was delivered to the wrong address (Street no 50 instead of 43). Yet every time I rang I checked they had the correct address.Now I have just received the following text “TPG: We would like to know if the new modem resolves your internet issue. You may reply to this SMS or call us at 131423. Thank you.”. What is wrong with these people and this company!! I haven't received my modem. They have also charged me a $10 delivery fee. I don’t know what to do from here.

February 16th 2019 Update: Worst experience ever

I dont know where to start. It is now 4 weeks since my NBN was connected but still have no modem. Originally sent out to address where I was staying (waiting for tennents to move out of my place) and aust post man sent it back to sender as he didn't think I lived there! thats when the fun began. have called at least 10 times. Each person tells me it has been resent to my home address (now back in my home) and will arrive tomorrow. I posted on FB page same number of times I called (10) received immediately lengthy message berating me for spamming. Pity they weren't so quick to respond to my issue. Have received emails from at least 3 different departments, each promising it is on its way. In between the phone calls I get emails and texts asking me how Im enjoying my modem and service? Really? received 2 tracking numbers that when I checked them had the modem address to TPG! yes they sent them to themselves. Was then escalated. Cust care person emailed me telling me it was shipped and received and gave tracking number and copy of delivery. This report clearly showed it had been shipped back to North Ryde. I borrowed a modem from a friend and TPG support assisted in connecting it. now my friend wants it back. I have been to JB HI today buying 3 x different modems. none of them will pick up the connection. Spent over 2 hours on the phone. I believe TPG has some kind of block on using another modem and unless they walk you through it you cant use another one. For some reason they wont assist in helping me get the new modem connected. I am at my wits end. 4 weeks and still no modem. Hours on the phone. $250 out of pocket and nothing that will connect to the internet. Wish I had read the reviews before committing to TPG. any suggestions?

D. Sullivan

Start DateFebruary 2019
Set-up Time28 days

if i could give 0 stars

constant dropouts, they waited 6 months (of charging me fully) average peak hour speed 0.05/s to tell me there's interference with my line and there's nothing they can do. once they told me that they said i'd have a reduced bill to compensate but still charged me the full amount. kept on hold for over an hour, the automated script bot gives you the runaroud and it's near impossible to talk to an actual person (Filipino call centre)

Bad
Start DateOctober 2017
Set-up Time21 days
Contract Type12-month contract

Good Product but Terrible Customer Service

The overall quality of my nbn connection is great compared to how my adsl2 off net was. However i was without internet for a whole month that was never refunded despite me sending over 8 emails over the last 5 months all i receive is generic responses from customer service and nobody actually doing anything about it. Basically they stuffed up when connecting to nbn and took 2 weeks to send a tpg technician (who did nothing but say i need an nbn technician), then another 2 weeks for an nbn technician to arrive until it finally worked. So the speed of product is good, just not the speed of their service

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Don't even bother

I was with TPG for over 2 years, the service went to the dogs after around 13 months, the service was always dropping out, speeds went as low as 0.08mbps for over a month before they sent someone out to investigate. They told me that the issue was coming from inside my house so I had the whole house professionally rewired at my cost and low and behold the issue was the same. Their response to this was "Well he must not have done it right" so I had a second and different professional come out and check the cabling of the house and he couldn't fault it.

I gave TPG the report and they then blamed it on the modem. I went through 4 modems and the issue was still not fixed.

They also had me on a high speed plan for over 6 months even though they knew that my line could not achieve higher then the 50mbps plan.

Stay away. I got out when my contract ended and and then I have not had a single issue with my NBN.

Start DateMarch 2017
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Why don't TPG respond to any questions or comments made here? From all of the reviews posted here at productreview.com.au, they are about the worst ISP of all. Why do people still sign up with them? They should be ashamed of themselves. Are there any TPG reps out there reading this? Please tell us, why should we sign up with you? Will your service EVER get better?
That's because majority of us only care about cheap price nbn but not much about the after sale service. That is why tpg is soon to be number 2 largest internet provider!

I was using tpg. Dodo marketing called me and i changed my service to dodo because their offers were better. Dodo customer service told me that i dont have to contact tpg to cancel because it will cancel automatically. So i didn't call to cancel tpg. 6 months later i realised that i am getting charged from dodo and tpg for 6 months. What should i do and who is at fault? Can anyone suggest?
TPG advised on phone today, that the only way to cancel service is to send email to cancel@tpg.com.au and that process to refund money can go for 2 months. I have done it today and I am waiting.I have found another email on net for cancellation. adsl_cancel@tpg.com.au also good to read A broadband horror story from TPG at https://independentaustralia.net/business/business-display/a-broadband-horror-story-from-tpg,5386

IF I buy an nbn50 bundle with $10 voice bundle, can I later add the mobile plan to my bundle?

NBN 12NBN 50NBN 100ADSLFibre To The Building (FTTB)
Service TypeNBNNBNNBNADSLFibre
Packages AvailableBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundle and Standalone
ContractMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set Period
Price $59.99$69.99$89.99
Data AllowanceCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and Unlimited
NBN Speed Tier 12/150/20100/40