TPG Broadband
1.7 from 4,618 reviews

• Adequate Speeds Yes (30%) · No (70%)

Both customer service and internet is crap

Been a tpg customer for so many years but their lack of customer service and internet quality is so bad . Hard to get disconnected as well . They are just after your money

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Start DateAugust 2018

Terrible

Extremely slow.

It keep dropping out.
Very slow that even take 3 sec to open google.
I can't even open an image.

No sure how are other providers.
This service is not reliable at all.

Data TypeUnlimited Data

Extremely dodgy when you cancel

I decided to swap over to MATE after great reviews and competitive price, and thought that the cancellation would be handled automatically like a mobile service. MATE sent through a churn request, so I believe there's no way TPG couldn't have known I had swapped, but they charged me for another month. I then tried to cancel the service through their website, and could not find a single bit of info or any links about cancelling, which doesn't seem right. I emailed them and said they require 30 days to cancel for 'security reasons' from when I let them know, which means I fall into another month of billing. So, a possible $120 for no service. This is what I get for being a loyal customer for 10 years. Avoid at all costs...

Start DateAugust 2019
Vic

VicMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent Service

As a TPG customers who have been with them for many years I have always received excellent service. Recently moved from the 12 Mbps to the 50 Mbps. Was not happy with the speeds so contacted TPG. Within one week a technician has been to my house and provided me now with speeds from 35 to 43 Mbps up from the original speeds averaging 25 Mbps. This recent service has been like all the other times I have had to request help from them quick and efficient.

Start DateNovember 2011

JoJo

JoJoVictoria

If you could give no stars, TPG would be a prime candidate! AVOID TPG

What a failure in all areas! From their overseas call centre where it takes half an hour or more to get through, to their slow non speeds which regularly drop out and to add insult to injury, they charge for services not supplied and refuse refunds when requested. This awful carrier should be avoided at all costs. We just changed to Aussie Broadband and they've been awesome compared to TPG. TPG are misleading, dishonest and have never ending problems, we wished we'd changed form TPG sooner. Not worth the savings, what a headache!

Contract Type24-month contract
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Not recommended! Customer for 3 years and felt let down.

Start DateJuly 2017

Rannee Katsonis

Rannee KatsonisSydney Surrounds, NSW

Poor Service

Start DateSeptember 2012

John C.

John C.Sydney, NSW

FTTB (TPG's fibre - not NBN)

The switch from iiNet to TPG was very easy and amazing!
TPG's own fibre product is reliable and usually fast. better value than iiNet.
Whenever I have had issues, the support team have been very professional

Start DateSeptember 2018
Contract Type24-month contract
Aninka

AninkaMelbourne

• NBN

Good service but changing address is expensive

I've been a TPG's customer for the last couple of years. The process of moving from ADSL to NBN was easy. I'm an international student here; so, I've changed my address for 3 times. I had to pay $90 (I can't exactly remember the amount. I had to pay 90 something dollars for the change of address) every time I moved and I think that the price was expensive for me. Otherwise, TPG service is good and the team is supportive.

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Start DateFebruary 2017

Start DateFebruary 2020
Data TypeCapped Data

ElC

ElC

Great if you want to use your phone as a hotspot!

Ash S.

Ash S.Perth, WA

Customer service was good, until I had to move

Start DateJanuary 2017

Sabin

Sabin

Useless service paying the same charge

Poor connectivity and if it connects, the speed is too low for what I pay. Before I used to get 12-14 mbps@59.99$, now. 1-2.5mbps@59.99$ so frustrating TPG sucks! Since, it is in contract, I cannot get out of this and have to live with this useless internet. Buffering all the time, cannot use anything. But they deduct the payment on time without promising the service.

Start DateDecember 2020
Contract Type12-month contract
Pipesy

PipesySouth East Queensland, QLD

Cannot recommend TPG

Have been forced to switch to NBN and on face value TPG seemed reasonable.
Fact is the service supply of internet connection from them is worse than it was with the ADSL broadband I had. It has gone out approximately 5 times in the last couple of months.
The technical support and customer service is appalling!
Basically you can't reach them and impossible to get a resolution. This company make it extremely difficult to lodge a service interruption, I was on hold for almost 50 min and still no answer. Advice from the 'on hold" music is to go online and do a speed test. Impossible to do if you don't have any internet access!!
My advice - try another service provider!

Connection TypeI don't know
Start DateNovember 2019
Manuel.P

Manuel.PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stable ISP but absolutely woeful customer service!

In terms of connection, we found TPG Internet to relatively stable and reliable. There were times when they dropped out, but it appears that our neighbours on different ISP were affected too - likely infrastructure issues.

When it came time for us to cancel our account due to moving overseas, we quickly discovered TPG were awful. It took three phone calls and four separate emails to cancel the service. In-between email 2 and 3 their customer service team shifted the goalposts twice on us changing the information we were required to provide. All the while TPG were happy to continue charging us for a service we could no longer use.

Whole experience has completely put us off TPG.

Start DateJanuary 2017
Contract Type12-month contract

Dharm

DharmNew South Wales

Issue with NBN technician

NBN technicians are worst, I have to install the cable myself jumping on the roof. Recently NBN is down for couple of days, No help from NBN company. One technician visited to fix the issue and spend couple of hours and wasn't able to fix the issue. These guys are not reliable. Nobody has yet visited again to fix the issue. Pathetic support from NBN. Unfortunately, you can't complain NBN company as customer are not allowed to directly call them. Service provider gives excuse of NBN and NBN contractors are not taking any responsibility. A waste of money and time.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Start DateAugust 2019

Chris

ChrisPerth, WA

Absolute Rubbish

Connection speeds always dropping out paying $69 for slow speed internet. My mobile gets faster internet than tpg provides. Then forced me to give a 30 day notice period when moving homes as I was opting out because they were unable to provide me with the speeds I required at the new address offered me rubbish adsl 2+. This telco is useless don’t use them they are a rip off forcing me to pay 2 weeks of bills for services after I have moved from an address. I will no longer be residing at the address as of the end date of the current billing cycle and being forced to pay for two more weeks don’t waste your money on this garbage use Telstra or any other telco.

Start DateMay 2018

HonestRater

HonestRaterGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A month without service but charge to cancel contract

• +8
Start DateDecember 2019

Hate it

I can’t even write a review using my own phone or laptop because my service provider is tpg for both and I have NO internet.
Terribly unreliable, have had to contact them on multiple occasions for seperate incidents.
The service drops out frequently and the website is terrible to navigate.

Start DateJuly 2017