TPG Broadband
1.7 from 4,769 reviews

• Adequate Speeds Yes (30%) · No (70%)

Lucy

LucyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst customer service and internet I've ever experienced!!

Internet speed .06 download and .23 upload (3rd week in a row), 1 hour wait to 'chat' to TPG help desk only to be transferred to a different department.I'm currently on hold for over 3 hours waiting to talk to someone! I have also sent 3 emails and 6 other attempts to contact the customer service team.
After 2 1/2 weeks of trying to fix or upgrade the service I am giving up!

Worst Service Ever!!!!

Don't bother with TPG

Sydneysider2020

Sydneysider2020Sydney, NSW

No support. Cancelled phone support due to covid. They are a telecom! It's also impossible to get them on chat.

No phone support available. Referred to chat. The chat is always busy. I'm trying to contact them for the fourth time for a pre covid problem. They are rubbish. I'm switching to aussie with aussie call center

Start DateJanuary 2020
Data TypeUnlimited Data

bad speed, unreachable customer service, what more can i ask?

i had 2 accounts with TPG - (1) home NBN in Geelong (2) business ADSL2 in Melbourne - both are bad download speed, regular dropouts and extremely slow upload speed, called many times, couldn't have those issues fixed and also unable to cancel the contract.

Infinite U.

Infinite U.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Covid 19 congestion

I had fine internet with tpg until covid 19, they said it was probley my modem causing speeds of 10mbps. I told them I get this speed between 8:50pm and 10:48pm every night. They didnt want to hear about it and after contacting them once i couldn't get hold of them after that and still can't. I changed over to aussie bradband and had no issues at the peak hour times, same price and Australian based service. Tpg are not worth the trouble. I still cant cancel my service since they arent taking anycalls for that. Its times lile this you can see which provider is better.

Start DateJuly 2019
Cheryl Weber

Cheryl Weber

Rubbish!

Do not waste your money like we have. It’s not that it’s slow...just that it never works. Phone or email help desk every day. Doesn’t work at all! It been like this for a month with little communication provided.

Start DateAugust 2019
Fredy S.

Fredy S.Perth, WA

Online chat support

Worst ever online chat support.cant understand why tpg cant access phone remotely..waited for hours for getting agent online and agent closed out chat..i paid money for the internet service..im really unhappy with tpg online chat support

Start DateDecember 2019
Adequate Speeds Yes
Ro

Ro

Save your money

I have tried multiple times to cancel with no response or circular responses trying to defer me or up-sell. They also keep billing you for as long as they can.

Start DateNovember 2015
Sanjay

SanjaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Never solve problem

Never solve problem, get easy money from customer, wait long time on phone call, customer service team not help full, worse connection, never recommended to family and friends, try to point each other, sick of making complain to solve problem but never solve problem.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Darryl U.

Darryl U.South East Queensland, QLD

Gold Star for Infinite Wait Times and 0 Communication.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Start DateJanuary 2016

Find out how TPG Broadband compares to other Internet Service Providers

I cant believe how bad the service has been

We moved house 2 weeks ago and have been told by TPG on 5 occasions that our service should be un and running. Throughout this process we have been, hung up on by 2 phone agents and had 5 online chats shut down when they couldn't help. The service is like nothing I have ever come across and our internet has still not been transferred. We need the internet for our work so this is effecting us extremely badly.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Chris M.

Chris M.South East Queensland, QLD

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE

I am very disappointed with the way TPG treat their customers. I've been trying to get in touch with them for the past 2 weeks and many time the phone just disconnect. Even when someone picks up after a minimum of 1 hour of waiting, they just disconnect the phone for no reason and not even attempt to call back. I am getting a new provider who cares about their customers even if it means paying more. Very disappointed!!

Start DateJanuary 2014
Skj

SkjGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor customer service, tech support that can’t help

Stephen L.

Stephen L.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible speeds and even worse customer service! They know it’s so bad they ignore you when you want to cancel.

There is no online form to cancel.
Customer service via live chat does not respond.
Online community conveniently ignores cancellation requests.
Adsl2 speeds often 8mbps or below
I will never use them again

Ben

BenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Difficult times, failing telco

During the COVID pandemic, a telco company should be thriving and putting on extra staff with the rush for home internet connections. Instead, there is no one to call, no one answering chats, no one responding to emails, and no internet to enable working from home. Times like these sort out the poor from the good, TPG is poor to say the least. Not reliable, uncontactable. 3 hours on hold and counting.

Adequate Speeds Yes
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Worst of the worst customer service a legal scam !!????

Not reliable and worst customer service I ever had to deal with 2 calls 3 hours spent all day on the phone and nothing was solve it was 95% waiting time what a stressful day just to get a connection!!!?? 2020tpg winner of the most stressful telecommunications company and worst customer service and a legal scam

Find out how TPG Broadband compares to other Internet Service Providers

If there is less than one start i would choose

TPG has The worse customer service ever, they good at taking money with no help, i have been contacting them through online, emails, phone calls and got nothing just referring. I was dealing with other companies i never seen worse than this service before. I am regretting choosing TPG for sure.

Connection TypeWireless
Start DateFebruary 2020

Worst every experienced

Very bad internet connection. 12 mbps is only applicable, if you have one device connected. They have now also cancelled their phone support, if you would like to make any sort of query, you will have to wait for hours in one of the queues on their website.

Start DateNovember 2018
jacew65

jacew65AU

Can not even get connected

This is a total scam of a company, I have not even been able to get connected. They have taken money from my account and now will not reply or communicate with me. I am completely stuck and can not go to another company as I am still waiting for any kind of communication to be refund due to a lack of providing any service. Although I have now reported this company to the telecommunications ombudsman and consumer affairs I will have to wait another 14 days for the retrieval of the money all because this could not be resolved within the company.
They are a cross between very immature children and a total scam. Literally a joke. Don't waste your time or money on this telecommunications company.

Reshaat

ReshaatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

10+ year customer cheated

Data TypeCapped Data
Tom H

Tom H

Thieves! Parasites! Avoid!!!

Their NBN does not work!. No was to contact them. They keep taking cash from my credit card! They are taking big chunks of cash for no obvious reason!! Beware! Beware! They do not answer any calls, emails, messages. Company is finished. Run!!!!

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Ur Anidiot

Ur Anidiotasked

TPG Broadband

I'm in awe.

How are your internet speeds and customer service so consistently terrible?

I mean, I couldn't get on even if I tried really hard.

Lorraine

Lorraineasked

NBN 50

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!
Save yourself the hassle and go with another provider. I paid for top speed internet and was only receiving 20mbps, I had a nightmare experience only calling tech support only to be told that the engineer was going to call me back and I don’t need to pay my monthly cost until the engineer called - 4 weeks later, corona virus hits and still no call back, but I recieved a disconnection email AFTER they disconnected my services, they sent all their call centre staff home and opened up chat, I spent 9 hours in total waiting to be connected with someone only to be transferred via chat to 4 other departments because no one could understand why it was disconnected yet the notes stated clearly that engineer will call and all payments on hold. After 4 hours on the phone I got in touch with the rude engineer who couldn’t tell me why I wasn’t called and WHY they disconnected it but that I would need to pay the $99 start up fee (only connected 2 months ago) because my account is closed and can’t be reopened, and after requesting to speak with his supervisor to waive the fee, he “put me on hold” to “speak with supervisor” only to hang up on me, and then what do you know they are not taking calls. Literally worst company, I reconnected with a new company within an hour and my internet is back up and running with a new provider. Will never go with tpg again.

Get an answer from our members and TPG representatives

Other Internet Service Providers