TPG Mobile

TPG Mobile

scootergirl
scootergirlSouth East Queensland, QLD

Mobile port Rip off.

Really disappointed. I've been a NBN customer for a couple years. And they are excellent with that. But mobile...no. they charge 11$ to port out existing number and I have not had that with anyone else. So won't be using them again. I thought no fees meant no fees when you leave...but no . And I had a whole conversation with them about leaving but they choose to disclose information.

Antony W.
Antony W.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

WORST experience in my life

Long story short; after switching to TPG from Telstra, I lost the mobile number I had been using for the past 6 years. After 3 weeks of calls and follow-ups, they only did was “escalating the problem” but no resolution. I would never recommend TPG to anyone due to their bad customer service and technical expertise. TPG says they are an Australian company but they have no staff in AUS for customers to raise their concerns; TPG manila confirms that there are no AUS operations. Terrible network to deal with

krishna
krishnaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Won’t recommend it!

The worst operator and customer service I ever received. Awful! TPG charged me 2 months after transferring my prepaid internet connection to another operator and over 5 times calling and each time telling me it's going to be refunded in 3 days, they haven't been refunded it.
Won’t recommend it at all!

Chan
ChanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bad customer service

I had an issue with my billing. Called TPG mobile customer service and got told they need to investigate and promise to call me back 24-48 hours. No response. I called the second time - repeat the issue all over again. They told me they need to investigate and promise another call back. No response. I called the third time. This time i had a reference number and they promised to call back. No response. 8 days after. Still no response from them (no email, no sms, no phone call). I called again to find out they've investigated. I guess you get what you paid for. Low rate = low service quality.

Plan Cost per Month$24.99
Awaysaway
AwaysawaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Crap reception - crap customer service.

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Uthpala J.
Uthpala J.South East Queensland, QLD

“Marvelous” international calling credit which “excludes” some countries.

Network coverage by Vodafone. There are some areas with no coverage. Data download speeds are good. Only issue is international calls. Useless. Before it has international calling credit which “excludes” some countries.

Maji B.
Maji B.South East Queensland, QLD

Useless

Unfortunately barred due to billing cylce mess up on thier end
Heavyily pregnant with a toodler but it seems TPG will make you wait 3 days until they resolve your issue which is thier doing
Wouldn’t recommend them at all

JennyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Does TPG fabricate calls and pushes up the amount billed ?

I always find unknown mobile numbers shown on my bills, and charged me the calls and SMSs, but actually I didn’t make that calls or SMSs.

Does anyone have the same experience?

Erin Go Bragh
Erin Go BraghBrisbane

Ripped me off when leaving

Dave HamlonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Crap customer treatment

Once signed up sales staff soon changed their previous pleasant manner. What customer service staff tell you and what the tech & finance staff do are two different things. Customer service staff are trained to lie. I know as i have friends in Manila who have worked for this mob and they are so embarrassed we've been treated badly. Edit, within 4 hrs of emailing them to say I'd lodge a complaint with the industry obudsman, I got a call to say I was getting a full refund of $50 credit I'd lost

James
JamesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Exceptionally terrible customer service.

Gail K
Gail KSydney, NSW

HAPPY CUSTOMER

Finally ditched Vodafone and their expensive plans and cold calls pressuring you into new plans. Very happy with $12.50/mth for 3 months then $24.95 from thereon. Can't fault the service. Going to save $800 this year with swapping over our 3 services. Sure, they don't share data but we never used it all with Vodafone anyway.

Aaron C.
Aaron C.Sydney, NSW

Since moving to Vodafone's network, TPG mobile has gone downhill

Since merging with Vodafone and moving away from the Optus network, I've found times when I've lost internet connection even with full signal and gone down to 3G even in a 4G area. They also charge you an $11 port out fee which no other mobile phone provider I've ever been with (Optus, Amaysim, Telstra, Circles and Moose) have ever done. Avoid like the plague.

KrautSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best provider

I Have been with Tpg for about 12 years now.
Cannot fault them.
Specially compared to the big telco companies that provide an atrocious customer service.
Can only recomend tpg.
All friends and family have converted

AlfCanberra 2600, ACT

Just testing vodafone

Very difficult to cancell a service. Had to jump to many hoops. 2 operators asking the same identifier question and email to confirm. Never again TPG. But I tried Vodafone and that was ok

Local Reception

Jennyasked

1. I always find unknown mobile numbers shown on my usage records, and TPG charged me the calls and SMSs, but actually I didn’t make that calls or SMSs, even I don’t know who own these mobile numbers.

1 SMS I didn’t send and don’t know who is the owner of that mobile number, it did show on my TPG usage record 5 days ago. I tried to find out what happened, I sent another SMS to this mobile number, and made a call to this number, but heard the recording says: “This number could not be connected, please check your number again”. TPG please explain these.

2. I called TPG to cancel the voice mail service which I didn’t request. The operator said they have cancelled this service right now for me. But later the each 15 cents charge of voice mail services still go on and on ........... Can TPG stop it?

3. How TPG bills the local text messages? After I sent out a message, WHY on the bill, TPG charges me several times for 1 text ?

Does anyone have the same experience? Can TPG explain these ........
Thanks.

Dave Hamlon

I would just report them to the telecom ombudsman as I did and I got a full refund of $50 off TPG within 24 hrs for the final monthly charge, that intially they said I'd forfit as they said I had asked for a instant home phone/internet cancellation. I didn't I requested a 30 day notice cancellation, upon the first call centre operators advise.

Dave Hamlon

I refer to the matter raised on your behalf by the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman, TIO Reference *******"". I understand that your complaint is about the requested refund.
I appreciate your time on the phone today.
I can confirm that the cancellation of your account has been finalised per your request.
As agreed, TPG will provide a refund of $49.99 in an effort to resolve the matter. You may expect this amount to be credited back on the nominated payment method on file within 3 to 5 business days.

Product Review Website and its members,

I wish to clarify here I don’t know who is Dave Hamlon, the person who provided the so called answers above.
I did not phone him and did not authorise him to do anything on my behalf. Above what he says were rubbish.

I will contact TPG directly.
Regards

Jennyasked

Ghjkk

Rach
Rachasked

Have changed my mind about going with TPG for my mobile. A SIM card is on its way in the mail, if I don’t use it will TPG still deduct funds from my bank account because of an over the phone agreement ?
I’m scared of going with TPG now, having a bad experience with Amaysim and having to go through the ombudsman.
I don’t want to have this happen again, but the reviews are terrifying !
Please tell me if I do not change sim over I will stay with my current provider and TPG can’t do anything about it?
Rachel.

Kraut

It might pay to call TPG and cancel the agreement if you don't want to go ahead with them and activate the Sim.
Just because you had a bad experience with Amaysim doesn't mean that others are the same.
You might have to make up your mind as to who you want to go with.

Alf

The least or no problems you will have with Aldi Telstra just in my area telstra sucks

Get an answer from our members and TPG representatives

CategoryMobile Phone Service Providers