TransferWise

• Timeliness

John
JohnGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Loyal customer for over 8 years

I am not sure why there are so many negative reviews. I have used transfer wise in the last 8 years and I never had any issues. The app is easy to use, hassle free, transparent pricing and good rate.

Kalpana
KalpanaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst service. Don’t use it

Terrible customer support. They held on to your money once the transfer is made and call it legal checks. There is no one who can answer why my
Money is held

Tony LeePerth, WA

Deactivated and Disgusted

Great Service

I've done more than 50 transactions with wise and never had any problems services excellent fees are low and transfers are super fast. I will continue to use this service.

Never trust!

I have transferred money to overseas and waiting for 2 days and it showing that they are transferring in 13 minutes and then keep changing time. Time expires but transfer still not happened. I am checking since morning.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Easy, Simple, Fast & Reliable

Very easy to use, setup and the verification process is great. The transfer speed is good and is better than OFX, and I didn’t experience any blockers with my transfer.

Gabby
GabbyPerth, WA

Best exchange rate to Brazil

I switched to WISE as PayPal had been ripping me off long enough with international transfers. WISE's website is great, easy to use. Their exchange rate was really good, low and transparent fees and my receiver got exactly the amount WISE noted they would, which is something PayPal is terrible with as well.
The receiver got the money very quickly and no issues. I will certainly keep using their services.

Rizan
RizanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not satisfied

No clear charges, poor customer service
Hard to contact them via phone or email
Hope they do t like us to co that them due to the mistakes they do it's not correct

Sophia W.
Sophia W.Sydney, NSW

I recently transferred a relatively large amount to USA. Wise had the best exchange rate and the lowest fee. Recipient received the money the next day. Very happy with the service.

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Have made small and large overseas transfers all with no problems. Even large overseas transfers were faster than small domestic transfers by my bank. Exchange rates always real-time to the split second and then fixed. Customer service dept helpful. Highly recommend.

Adam
AdamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They stole $2,000 from me

For an unknown reason they said they wanted to terminate my account (that's ultimately their choice I suppose) but there's nearly $2,000 of my money that they have and they won't give it to me. I've asked 50+ times about it and they've ignored me.

Noctis
NoctisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Flawless large transfer to Singapore

Not understanding why other people are having so many issues, but it seems like transfers to Singapore are simple and easy. I've just made two really large transfers to my own overseas account (think tens of thousands, AUD to SGD) both arrived on the same day. In fact the second transfer was received within minutes. There might be less issues if you are transferring to your own account, but I don't know. I'm only retelling my experience. Also not too sure how the fees compare to others, but rate is good and I'm happy with the service provided so even if fees were a tad bit higher than other providers, I don't mind.

Ross
RossGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

NEW FEES are TOO EXPENSIVE- Don't use this service anymore

I am dissatisfied with the significant increase to transfer money.
When transfer wise was purchased, I thought they will honour the fees charged for transaction but now I can see they just got very greedy and I will not be using this service. TO all my network, I am suggesting to use other services.

David
DavidSydney, NSW

Taking bad customer service to new depths of idiocy

Jeffrey
JeffreyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

The new Wise is what TransferWise used to challenge

Compare the final receiving money fellows.
Wise is indicating lower charges and better exchange rates than Western Union, but actually giving the receivers less money than WU.
Wise pledges a challenge to the big banks with no hidden fees. How come the Wiser's receiver ends up getting less than through Western Union when WU charges a higher fee and offering a worse exchanges rate?
Transferwise has now gotten "wiser" ownership. It has turned into one of the banks it used to challenge.
The new Wise is a liar. Watch out for your wallets fellows.

zillahasked

They are rip-off comparing to XE ,,,therefore avoid them and use different copmanies

Tony Lee

Transferwise no longer exists. They sold out to a bigger company and changed their name to Wise. I personally believe that they are not as good as before and would look at other ways to transfer money but some people are happy with them. You need to look at what is out there and decide for yourself.

zillah

Yes Tony I am aware they have changed their name after they got sold but I used both XE and Wise.
Recently Wise charged me arms and leg based on their excuses intermediate banks,,,,,Yes I know intermediate banks but XE to the same destination not like that.
And I used Tranbsferwise before it got sold ,,,,,charges were reasonable as well

zillahasked

They are ripped off comparing to XE ,,,therefore avoid them and use different companies

Dennis B.
Dennis B.asked

How does Wise compare with Western Union and which service should we use? Is there another better service for transferring money from the USA?

Paul

I found that Western union's fee was lower but Wises rate was better so Wise was better for me. That was from Australia to Japan so not sure about US. Maybe fees are different in different countries?

Other Money Transfer Services