TransferWise

TransferWise

See the Best Money Transfer Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

I use it as main account

I used it only for money transfers the last 3 years but now I decided to use it as my everyday account. Best exchange rate and transfers sometimes immediate to other country. I have 13 bank accounts, the latest are Monese, N26, Starling. But I have issues with them suspending account for weeks and asking for further documents and than nothing. That's crazy.
I even sent 30000 to Spain and had no issues with TransferWise. I wouldn't trust any other money exchange company to send this much.
To send money free up to 500 use my code:

Katie

KatieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The worst system that I ever use

I wish I can give a zero star for this. Their customer services is very bad , disappointed and disgraceful. Seems better rates but high charges causes the money received is lesser compare to other transfer company. Many system issues and bugs. My sister and I create 2 accounts using different username , different sender and different receiver. But they keep mention we are the same person and deactivate both our accounts. Explained many times to them but they reject. I will not use their transfer services ever again.

Prakash Indorkar

Prakash IndorkarPerth, WA

Excellent Product

I searched google to find out about TransferWise service. Initially, skeptic to use it though, but it turned out to be a good choice for a travel card. I like the beauty of the mobile app, super easy and the exchange rates are fantastic too. 10 Stars to them.

Artep

ArtepSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fast and easy

Transfer Wise has made foreign transactions super fast and easy. I’ve used money transfer services before, but this one, with pictures showing what is happening and the immediate connection to your overseas account makes it so easy. Repeating a transfer has become just a click away. E.g. a transfer just now from my bank account in Europe to Australia was on my account in 20 seconds!

Safe Fast Best rate

I had several international money transfer , they have excellent service, also customer service very helpful. People don’t know how to transfer money , and they complain. People always find something to complain in Australia.

mig

migGreat Southern, WA

Absolute incompetence, ineptitude bordering criminality - ZERO stars!!!

Flora

FloraSydney, NSW

Reliable money transfer service AND dirt cheap service fees

47 days so far

Sent money from AUS to Hong Kong,
Transferwise messed up the name of recipient. No one followed up I assumed transfer had happened but after 3 weeks I messaged the recipient, they never received any money. Talking to support that then emails payment team (they have no phone) support are not very helpful and there are no managers with extra authority to hurry up process. Takes 2 business days per query for the payment team to respond.. apparently? noone follows up anything ? Im starting to think the payment team dont exist I wonder where my $2500 is ? Wont be using again :(

lingSydney, NSW

Excellent Transfer Company with Good Rates

ozgadgetguy

ozgadgetguyMelbourne

Poor for bank transfers - very high hidden costs

I have used them several times without issue.

On my most recent transfer however I lost $65 USD from a $300 USD transfer. They warn that there may be intermediary bank fees but do not give you any indication how high these will be. I queried them and they agreed they knew it could be $60+. They need to be more transparent to their customers. I would not have sent had they done so.

The transfer also took 7 days which is pretty crazy.

I will not be using them again.

toot

tootGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Does not deserve a single star- SCAM

The transfer is above 10K, Promised to deliver in 2 days, It's been 6 days so far with no luck, Support services LIE. (I have proof)
No sense of urgency

Terrible

Account has been deactivated with money in, no response!
Can not get in touch with transferwise. It is a scam! Look at the other reviews, search online and you will find the answer!

Vadim G.

Vadim G.Sydney, NSW

Happy with the service

Much easier than dealing with other money transfer services. Reasonable fees and very good exchange rate. They use local transfers at the destination country which helps to avoid cross-border banking issues.

Duncan

DuncanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent and reliable service.

This is the best money transfer service that I have used. The registration process was easy and straightforward and the money transfers I have made went flawlessly. I will continue to use this service in the future.

Ashwin S.

Ashwin S.Hunter Region, NSW

Quick, Fast, Easy, Cheap

Sent 10.5k AUD to 7.2kUSD took only 1 day to send. And I have a bank account for when I am travelling over seas. I don't know why everyone else is complaining. This stuff is legit and works magic! Obviously, don't make a mistake when sending money, put the correct account number and details, if all is good, then there shouldn't be much to worry about!

This is an honest review, by a regular guy in Thornton NSW!

Chris

ChrisPerth, WA

Transferwise: helping fraudsters take your money easily!

We are the victims of a $2000 fraud! It's unbelievable how easily someone can transfer simply using your credit card numbers. We notified transferwise immediately after the scam and never heard back from them. The money is gone and they basically did nothing to help us.

Deactivated my account

Made me jump through hoops to verify myself, photos of me, photos of me holding my license/bills etc to prove I was me.

Then just deactivated my account with no notice, only found out when I got asked why the money I had said I paid hadn't arrived to my friend. Still waiting for it back, or for them to respond.

Called and got hung up on my there automated system 4 times. Useless company

REALLY DISAPOINTING SERVICE.

Rates and Fees

Suspended account for no reason

Customer service was no help and rude when I asked why my account was suspended. I had been using them regularly for over a year but all the fees I had paid them in that time was not enough to earn helpful customer service.

Andrew L.