TransferWise

• Timeliness
Hara Patro

Hara PatroGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very Fast and Accurate

I used many transfer companied but nothing can beat Transferwise. Money reaches very quickly within a hour. So many times send but never get any problem even their rate is not bad at all compare with the competitor but sometimes you need to compare with others before sending. They must compete with Western Union and Instarem.

Srinivas

SrinivasIllawarra, NSW

suspends without reason

Worst service , they dont do a kyc in the beginning which will result in ur account being blocked. They dont attempt to call and check or do any other checks.

Sunny

SunnySouth Australia

Amazing App!

This app is amazing, I have already made many transfers to my family in my home country successfully. They support all transactions through email in easy way to process and track it.

Guru P.

Guru P.South Australia

Received different amount

I transfer money to India using transfers through the whole process the amount shows 2,59000 INR but at the end, it shows me the amount will deposit in you account 2,58,000 INR so it already chared me $ 31.87 AUS and throughout the process show me the original amount and will deposit less amount so I think it made me fool really disappointed with services.

Dave

DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

So fast and quite cheap

My parents had a holiday booked over here which was cancelled due to Covid, they managed to get refunds on a couple of stays they had booked but it had to paid into an Aussie bank account so used mine.
Sent the $2830 to Transferwise with Polipay and it showed up in my parents UK account 3 minutes later!!! Honestly didn't think that was possible. Exchange rate was the legit market rate and fee was only around $15.
First time user and would be happy to do so again if the need arises.

Krystal J.

Krystal J.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

AUD to NZD transfer - seamless

Was a bit hesitant based on reviews, but used transfer wise based on a friends review.

Transferred $9000 AUD to NZ. Set up at 1130, and was completed in the bank in NZ by 7pm. Fees were much less than the bank, and ex rate was good as well

Vee

Vee

Bad customer service, cannot cancel transaction

Currency rate is not GUARANTEED for 48hrs at all. They rip me off by not suggest me to cancel my transaction which I have paid yesterday. Saying that my account will be suspended and deactivated if I cancel my current transaction and make a new one.

Is it? The guy who I talked to threatened me? He kept talking without listening!! Can not be a customer service!

Well, everyone looks for a better rate. This will be my last transaction with them.

Xaviere Desmet

Xaviere DesmetSydney, NSW

Holding up our money for a month now

They have been holding up our money that we needed to transfer overseas for a month now. It’s been a month and they are now telling me that they will refund it to us but they don’t know when.

Edison N

Edison NGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Super easy at super good rates

Dodged the bank high rates and visa fees with this app. Though there's a limit but the rate is so good it is almost similar to Google's. Have to catch the best time to change though

Brilliant.

I have used Transferwise since I moved to Australia and have had no problems. Good exchange rate, excellent fees and very quick. Would recommend to anyone. Also, no pushy salespeople.

kce

kce

Awful customer service by Transferwise rep

Ian

Ian

Originally good. Now fraudulent with false advertising.

I transferred money using their "guaranteed rate" which was a fair rate and offered me 48 hours to make the payment. They then cancelled the payment because the rate had changed. While a reasonable business practice, you can't do that if you guarantee something. Nor can you advertise something as guaranteed if it is not guaranteed.

This ended up costing me $500, and I will likely report this to ACCC (if that's the right place to report false advertising and fraud - happy to hear advice in this regard).

Sage

SageSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fast, easy and cheap.

Used TransferWise last month and transferred money from Australia to New Zealand. Usually am charged hefty fees when I use my bank so decided to use TransferWise instead. My recipient received the funds the next day in his New Zealand bank account, and I wasn’t charged any additional fees! The give you a guaranteed rate before you make the transfer which was extremely helpful. Loved using this app.

Very bad experience

Very bad experience. Transfer a $1000 to IDR Deposited into my account. The receipt said the funds will be in the account tomorrow at 5. Never happened. Then I have to prove that they are my funds. Numerous emails to customer service. That was 7 days ago. Check my account and the funds started moving. Will be deposited in 4 days. Check again today. 7 days. WTH I would never recommend this Service #transferwise to anybody

Worryingly Bad Company

They’ve taken money from my account multiple times without my consent, which I’m pretty sure they shouldn’t be able to do. This has happened a couple of times now. I was willing to accept the mistake the first time but this time they took one transaction out 4 times so I’m left out of pocket. Bottom line is they shouldn’t even be able to do that, which is why I would not recommend them to anyone. I’d give no stars if it were possible.

Mixed bag. Lacks customer support

First time as a new customer all worked as advertised and money was transferred quickly. The second time, verification documents were again requested (why?) and subsequently refused: "ID must be legible and complete." Which it was! I received no reply to my email and no reaction on a filled in customer form. Money was refunded with no further explanation. I cancelled my account, if you go to website Compare top 10 money transfer services you will find better companies.

Stole my money

Best Rates

For a 2,500GBP, Western Union offered my dad $4,318. I sent him back to get a refund, logged into TransferWise and got $4,870 for the same amount...$552 difference! Fee was 9.48gbp. Nuff said.

DavidL

DavidLTasmania

Excellent service

Wanmit C.

Wanmit C.Sydney, NSW

Terrible experience. There should be NO STAR for TransferWise

Mary Tweedasked

Someone in Western Australia wants to buy our boat & have it sent to them from NSW. He has a little problem with the courier agent, they said they can only schedule the pick up when they receive their money for the pick up via transferwise money transfer. They charged $1850 for the pick up and delivery. Apparently they only accept transferwise as a form of payment which is to be sent to their Headquarters. Is that doable transferring the money from us to the courier? The purchaser will add the cost to the boat payment. Just checking that its not a scam!

Nancy
Nancy

Total scam. Let me guess...you're selling it on Gumtree? There's a similar scam with PayPal. Don't pay anything - You'll likely never see that money again.

Airman
Airman

Strange. Transferwise is just what the name says: a transfer agency. Why would someone insist on a specific transfer agency? It is irrelevant, as the money will arrive in a bank account, transferwise is just an itermediary. Would make me very careful.

Mary Tweed

Thanks, we are thinking along those lines too. Won't be doing anything unless money appears in our account. Cheers

Tim

Timasked

I have in my hand a cashiers check for $2500 USD. Can you help me convert to Aussie dollars and give me a better rate than the Australian banks?

Other Money Transfer Services