TransferWise

TransferWise

Brand Manager for Wise? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

godzaconic
godzaconicPerth, WA

Mobile app problems?

Having had many problems I recalled the solution MAY be resorting to the Web login; hours of trying in mobile & getting nowhere was resolved by using the website. Just a suggestion.

Benson Jose
Benson JoseSydney, NSW

Hold my funds

I did a transaction from Australia to India on 17th June 2022 and fund is not received into beneficiary account yet. Showing the message that we are running some checks and no email request for any supporting documents. I contacted them in all possible ways but no meaningful reason or justification. Today is July 02 and still waiting for my money. I strongly not recommend to anyone.

Wise transfer scammers

• +3Thumbnail
MikeW
MikeWSydney, NSW

Its a Scam

Lousy Customer service. Noone calls back. They hold up the transfer and sometimes never send or refund. I see many on here had the same problem. Its basically a scam. They will send a few payments through then you'll run into problems. They NEVER call back no matter what you do.

Exo Digital A.
Exo Digital A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Almost $20K gone and never refunded for over a month!

As company we transferred money for our offshore employees. They never received it purely because of verification. No one has ever called or emailed us about this. We had to follow up and finally found out because we have moved address and they need to verify us again. And now we requested for cancellation which they did and never refunded. Always deferred saying it will be refunded in 5-10 business days and now its like over a month. BEWARE they have poor communications and dodgy operations leaving customers hanging and holding money away!!!

Helen B.
Helen B.Hobart, TAS

Too much like hard work!

I've had all sorts of trouble with Wise. I simply can't get in to complete registration of the travelcard I paid $10 for. The problem is to do with my email address - too complicated to describe here, and Customer Service seem unable to fix it. I've ordered a card from another company

Wise.com is a scam

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Mick
MickPerth, WA

18 days and not transfered

Tried to transfer money to a friend in Indonesia so he had money for food. Wise held onto it for 18days a could tell me why it hadn't been sent

Wise (TranferWise) are unreliable

Now broke
Now brokeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Part of an international scam network and money laundering

Recently I was the victim of a professional scam network. They drained my bank account and forwarded all my funds to Wise. Within 10 mins all the money was withdrawn from Wise and deposited into accounts of members of the scam team. I contacted wise via phone and email and started asking questions. They promptly closed my account and I was unable to get information about where my money went. I believe wise doesn't charge transfer fees because they get kickbacks from the scamming networks to help them launder the money.

YL L.
YL L.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not flexible! No longer have Guaranteed rate!

I recently received an email from Wise stating that all my transfers won't have a guaranteed rate anymore! How rude! The reason they mentioned in the email is unrealistic from what I am doing with the transfer.
(They mentioned creating a lot of transfers/ guaranteed rates when you don't intend to send them. It also includes moving money between different accounts so that you make a profit on the exchange rate.)
I always transfer my money to my only account set up on Wise.
Anyway, Wise offered the service before to attract customers but now they deem customers take advantage of the rate to make a profit.
Who does not want to get more money/ higher rates while exchanging?
I would probably look for some other exchange provider after this.

Rates and Fees

Transfers get cancelled and they never fix it

Andrew
AndrewMelbourne

Used to be very good

This used to be fantastic. Now there seem to be some things going wrong. I have had a transfer held up for 10 days while they checked if it was money laundering. Presumably they have an algorithm that picks out suspicious transactions but it does not work and flagged a small payment coming from a government authority. Then no human can solve your problem and you get stupid requests for more information. As well as that, transfers seem to have slowed down. I normally send money to my partner and my daughter and these transfers which used to be instantaneous are now slow. Not impressed.

Michael W.
Michael W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible company to deal with

Recently WISE have become terrible. All our transfers are being delayed by over 10+ days. Our funds are stuck with WISE with no indication of when they'll arrive in our supplier's bank accounts. We have now lodged a formal complaint with AFCA.

Karandeep Singh
Karandeep SinghGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do not use Wise. They will hold your payment.

I was supposed to receive money in my business account. Wise has held the money for 20 days and still not clear when they will release the money. Customer service is terrible.