TransferWise

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness
kce

kce

Awful customer service by Transferwise rep

Ian

Ian

Originally good. Now fraudulent with false advertising.

I transferred money using their "guaranteed rate" which was a fair rate and offered me 48 hours to make the payment. They then cancelled the payment because the rate had changed. While a reasonable business practice, you can't do that if you guarantee something. Nor can you advertise something as guaranteed if it is not guaranteed.

This ended up costing me $500, and I will likely report this to ACCC (if that's the right place to report false advertising and fraud - happy to hear advice in this regard).

Sage

SageSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fast, easy and cheap.

Used TransferWise last month and transferred money from Australia to New Zealand. Usually am charged hefty fees when I use my bank so decided to use TransferWise instead. My recipient received the funds the next day in his New Zealand bank account, and I wasn’t charged any additional fees! The give you a guaranteed rate before you make the transfer which was extremely helpful. Loved using this app.

Very bad experience

Very bad experience. Transfer a $1000 to IDR Deposited into my account. The receipt said the funds will be in the account tomorrow at 5. Never happened. Then I have to prove that they are my funds. Numerous emails to customer service. That was 7 days ago. Check my account and the funds started moving. Will be deposited in 4 days. Check again today. 7 days. WTH I would never recommend this Service #transferwise to anybody

Worryingly Bad Company

They’ve taken money from my account multiple times without my consent, which I’m pretty sure they shouldn’t be able to do. This has happened a couple of times now. I was willing to accept the mistake the first time but this time they took one transaction out 4 times so I’m left out of pocket. Bottom line is they shouldn’t even be able to do that, which is why I would not recommend them to anyone. I’d give no stars if it were possible.

Mixed bag. Lacks customer support

First time as a new customer all worked as advertised and money was transferred quickly. The second time, verification documents were again requested (why?) and subsequently refused: "ID must be legible and complete." Which it was! I received no reply to my email and no reaction on a filled in customer form. Money was refunded with no further explanation. I cancelled my account, if you go to website Compare top 10 money transfer services you will find better companies.

Stole my money

Best Rates

For a 2,500GBP, Western Union offered my dad $4,318. I sent him back to get a refund, logged into TransferWise and got $4,870 for the same amount...$552 difference! Fee was 9.48gbp. Nuff said.

DavidL

DavidLTasmania

Excellent service

Wanmit C.

Wanmit C.Sydney, NSW

Terrible experience. There should be NO STAR for TransferWise

JeyB

JeyBSydney, NSW

Very Bad Experience: Account Rejected - No Reason Provided - Horrible Communication

Dominika

DominikaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Huge disappointment with rates

Honeybadger

Honeybadgerperth, WA

So far zero problems

I've used transferwise on many occasions now to send money from Australia to friends and family in New Zealand, Great Britain, United Arab Emirates and Philippines. Money always arrives in excellent time and the fees are very cheap and the whole process is upfront and transparent. I'm looking forward to using their debit card/ FX account on an upcoming overseas trip, hopefully it will save me from the rip off fees that my bank normally charges.

Jord D.

Jord D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good service and rates

Hi highly recommend this service. I sent myself money to another country and the rate was far better than what my real bank offered. I'm in awe and couldn't appreciate more

Rates and Fees

I use it as main account

I used it only for money transfers the last 3 years but now I decided to use it as my everyday account. Best exchange rate and transfers sometimes immediate to other country. I have 13 bank accounts, the latest are Monese, N26, Starling. But I have issues with them suspending account for weeks and asking for further documents and than nothing. That's crazy.
I even sent 30000 to Spain and had no issues with TransferWise. I wouldn't trust any other money exchange company to send this much.
To send money free up to 500 use my code:

Katie

KatieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The worst system that I ever use

I wish I can give a zero star for this. Their customer services is very bad , disappointed and disgraceful. Seems better rates but high charges causes the money received is lesser compare to other transfer company. Many system issues and bugs. My sister and I create 2 accounts using different username , different sender and different receiver. But they keep mention we are the same person and deactivate both our accounts. Explained many times to them but they reject. I will not use their transfer services ever again.

Prakash Indorkar

Prakash IndorkarPerth, WA

Excellent Product

I searched google to find out about TransferWise service. Initially, skeptic to use it though, but it turned out to be a good choice for a travel card. I like the beauty of the mobile app, super easy and the exchange rates are fantastic too. 10 Stars to them.

Artep

ArtepSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fast and easy

Transfer Wise has made foreign transactions super fast and easy. I’ve used money transfer services before, but this one, with pictures showing what is happening and the immediate connection to your overseas account makes it so easy. Repeating a transfer has become just a click away. E.g. a transfer just now from my bank account in Europe to Australia was on my account in 20 seconds!

Safe Fast Best rate

I had several international money transfer , they have excellent service, also customer service very helpful. People don’t know how to transfer money , and they complain. People always find something to complain in Australia.

mig

migGreat Southern, WA

Absolute incompetence, ineptitude bordering criminality - ZERO stars!!!

Mary Tweedasked

Someone in Western Australia wants to buy our boat & have it sent to them from NSW. He has a little problem with the courier agent, they said they can only schedule the pick up when they receive their money for the pick up via transferwise money transfer. They charged $1850 for the pick up and delivery. Apparently they only accept transferwise as a form of payment which is to be sent to their Headquarters. Is that doable transferring the money from us to the courier? The purchaser will add the cost to the boat payment. Just checking that its not a scam!

Nancy
Nancy

Total scam. Let me guess...you're selling it on Gumtree? There's a similar scam with PayPal. Don't pay anything - You'll likely never see that money again.

Airman
Airman

Strange. Transferwise is just what the name says: a transfer agency. Why would someone insist on a specific transfer agency? It is irrelevant, as the money will arrive in a bank account, transferwise is just an itermediary. Would make me very careful.

Mary Tweed

Thanks, we are thinking along those lines too. Won't be doing anything unless money appears in our account. Cheers

Tim

Timasked

I have in my hand a cashiers check for $2500 USD. Can you help me convert to Aussie dollars and give me a better rate than the Australian banks?

Other Money Transfer Services