• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (3) · No (3)
Chrissy S.

Chrissy S.Sydney, NSW

I would never choose them if it saved my life.

Daniela

DanielaTasmania

They don’t recognise nothing

Very bad service. My flight was cancelled because of the coronavirus. Unfortunately, I bought the ticket through a travel agency that do not answer the phone and emails. However, if I want to use my insurance, they ask for documents from the airline showing the offer of a refund and also, a document showing the exactly amount the airline is going to recognise.
The question is... if I have all the documents and the airline is going to recognise a refund.. why I want an Insurance?, the idea of having an insurance is to be protected when a “travel agency” or an airline, do not answer or do not recognise a refund.

Paul C.

Paul C.Canberra Central 2602, ACT

No refund for corona virus

Sadly I've had to cancel my trip to US in June (almost 3 months away) due the corona virus. Accomodation and flights all get refunded, but not my insurance from Travel Insuranz. After the 14 days cooling off period it's tough luck mate!

chrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Frustrated customer

Due to Coronavirus, we have had to cancel our cruise leaving 16th March and rebook another leaving 18th March. . Have tried unsuccessfully to get info from Travel Insuranz as to whether our policy will still be okay as we are going different areas now, but cant get any response from them. I understand they are busy but some repy would be helpful, but nothing , despite 10 emails and massages being sent.

chris

well things have gone from bad to worse. We rebooked on Yoyager for 18th and 30th march and these have now been cancelled too. Ovation on the 11th is still pending.Have spoken to Wendy again this morning and are hopeful for a positive response

chris

Great response from Wendy at Travel Insuranz. Problem solved to my satisfaction. Many thanks Wendy

Andrea H.

Andrea H.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Easy to complete

This is the second policy I have bought and it is simple to purchase. First time I had to make changes and response was quick and effective. I am yet to experience making a claim.

Anne Gration

Anne Gration

Competitive premium with good cover

PDS is easy to navigate. Seems to provide the cover we need. Happy with website, PDS documents, quote and purchase process. Found good reviews which suggested that some people have been happy with the claims process if they needed it.

Overseas Travel insurance

It was extremely easy to complete the details required. The Deluxe policy covers a wide range of costs that you may occur whilst travelling. Really competitive on price. I fully recommend enquiring into the product for your upcoming travel, as many other companies are almost double for more in price.

Travel InsuranzCIllawarra, NSW

Nice Cover

We believe this policy to be of good value. We haven't had to make a claim yet. This is the second time we have used this insurance company. Thank You.

Travel InsuranzCSouth East Queensland, QLD

Have insured through this company multiple times and felt very confident with them.

Good value and easy to set up. Have never had to make a claim yet but would suppose they are easy to deal with having contacted them in the past about other issues.

Love this company

I have used insuranz for all of my trips & thankfully I have only ever had to use you once & everything went smoothly & I can’t recommend you enough...
Thank you for having my back whilst traveling..x

Easy as!!!

very easy to set up. first time user for a trip in 2020. price is very competiv with exellent cover. Looking foward to travelling and hoping NOT to use our insurance but knowing we have good cover is great peace of mind.

Dianne W.

Dianne W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

If you think you are covered for significant long term medical treatment through to recovery think again!

Linda McMahon

Linda McMahonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Simple, straightforward policies.

Easy policy to understand and simple process to purchase. This is my second trip with this company and I won't use anyone else. Customer service is excellent when making a claim. Fast claims resolution.

Review collected in partnership with Travel Insuranz

My Boyfriend Got His Phone Replaced - Quick and Easy!

My boyfriend got his phone stolen in Barcelona and Travel Insuranz paid him for it quite quickly - within a week or two from memory! Very happy with the service and response. Thanks!

Review collected in partnership with Travel Insuranz

Well priced, easy and fast transaction.

I have used Travel Insuranz previously, and have not had any problems. I will probably continue to use them. I feel they are good value for money, and the service is fast, although I have not yet made a claim.

Jane F.Travel Insuranz

M and S, thank you for your feedback; it's much appreciated. We look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Kind regards
The Travel Insuranz team

WayneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Shocking service, claim process and keen retentive policies

Chanelle R.

Chanelle R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

User-friendly site and great customer service

I thankfully haven't had to make a claim but have used Travel Insuranz for every trip for the last 6 years. It's easy, affordable and their team are really helpful with queries.

Hi Chanelle,
Thanks for your great feedback! We're delighted that you were happy with our service. We hope you have a wonderful trip and look forward to serving you in the future!

Best Dad

Best Dad

Awesome Company so easy to communicate with and amend Insurance on the go.

Really good value for money.
Amendable snow sports cover periods.
Have yet to claim and hope I never have to.
All communication with the customer service arranging cover while Overseas has been exemplary

Review collected in partnership with Travel Insuranz

It is very Cheap but comprehensive enough.

I think it is good value for money. The website was very easy to navigate. I will surely keep an eye on this company for future use and would recommend it to my relatives and friends.

Dear Customer,
Thanks for your feedback. Our goal at Travel Insuranz is to provide great value for money cover. We hope you have a wonderful trip!
Kind regards
The Travel Insuranz team!

Goran I.

Goran I.Sydney, NSW

Generous and very competitive insurance

Definitely very competitive against all others insurance companies. The benifits are very high. The price is affordable and realistic. It was very easy to apply and check all benifits that are coming with the policy.

ARB

ARBasked

Travel Insuranz

I have made a claim under my deluxe insurance for flight cancellations due to covid 19. You outsource your claims through a third party who have now spent 5 months demanding more and more information.
I have now received a remittance email from yet a different company stating they have paid less than 10% of my claim (this refund is less than my actual policy cost) I have had absolutely no communication about this claim being finalised, how this calculation was arrived at, or what has NOT been refunded or why. How do I dispute this amount and at what point will any information actually be provided?

Melanie

Melanieasked

Travel Insuranz

Is pregnancy classed as a pre existing condition? And if I had to cancel due to a complication would I be covered?

Hi Melanie

Thank you for your message.

Yes, Pregnancy is classed as a pre-existing medical condition under our policies however dependant on a few different factors which you will find below may be covered automatically.

We cover ‘Pregnancy’ up to 18 weeks gestation from the date the trip ends provided no complications exist related to this pregnancy, it is not a multiple pregnancy and is not the result of assisted reproductive programme (IVF). It is also important to know that cover is only provided for serious complications of pregnancy and no cover is provided for childbirth or the health of a newborn child, irrespective of the stage of pregnancy at which the child is born.

Cover for pregnancy-related cancellation would depend on the medical advice given by your Doctor as to whether or not in their medical opinion, they felt traveling overseas would be a risk to your child or yourself.

For more information around pre-existing medical conditions including Pregnancy please copy and paste the following link into your browser to go to our pre-existing medical conditions page on our website.

We trust this helps!

Kind Regards the Travel Insuranz Team

Anna

Annaasked

Travel Insuranz

Is your travel insurance (premium) a good cover for someone completing the Kokoda Trail in PNG?

bobanddoris
bobanddoris

I am not sure as we haven't had to make a claim as yet, but we have done the Kokoda Trail with Kokoda Trekking in 2007 and had a fabulous time. We completed the track the day before Anzac Day, so it was a little bit special. You can never train enough for it. Some of it is like walking up and down a mountain of margarine. It was challenging but very rewarding. I wish you all the very best with it and hope you get out of it as much as my husband and I did. It was a real privilege to have walked in our diggers foot steps.

Get an answer from our members and Travel Insuranz representatives

Compare all 6 Travel Insuranz
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
UnderwriterBerkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance CompanyBerkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance CompanyBerkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance CompanyBerkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company
Maximum Age Covered 70 years old70 years old70 years old70 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Accidental DeathNot IncludedNot Included$10,000$10,000
Emergency Dental$500$500$750$750
Pregnancy (max weeks) 18 weeks18 weeks18 weeks18 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot IncludedNot Included$50 per day, up to $1,000$50 per day, up to $1,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Permanent DisabilityNot IncludedNot Included$10,000$10,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $125$125$150$150
Delayed Luggage $100$100$250$250
Credit Card FraudNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport $500$500$750$750
Maximum Single Item Limit $500 (Laptops or Cameras)$500 (Laptops or Cameras)$1,000 (Laptops or Cameras)$1,000 (Laptops or Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects $2,500$2,500$3,500$3,500