Travel Insuranz

Well priced, easy and fast transaction.

I have used Travel Insuranz previously, and have not had any problems. I will probably continue to use them. I feel they are good value for money, and the service is fast, although I have not yet made a claim.

DestinationAsia and Europe
Claim MadeNo

Shocking service, claim process and keen retentive policies

Do not use this company, like most insurance, they really go out of their way to make things difficult to claim, I lost every belonging when my lease car was broken into in Pisa, I thought it couldn't get worse until I had to deal with the Insurance. Settlement offered was 24% of total amount lost. The first calculation and spreadsheet they issues was wrong and listed cloths as valuables and thus not covered. Went through stage 1 of appeal and they determined that that the claim was incorrect so gave me another $100 settlement which took the settlement to 24.87 of value of items lost. The claim process is a joke, the review of the claim was handled by the same person who determined the settlement, this was hardly impartial. Word of warning, like all insurance companies they try to screw you, first asking for receipts of everything stolen, then photos. Kindly told them I would not be providing photos of myself in underwear that was stolen. Word of warning, spectacles (I had two pairs stolen) are classed as valuables and weren't covered in my unattended car!!!! I didn't realise if I stopped to look at a tourist attraction I had to carry three sets of glasses with me - what a joke. My Katmandu jacket not a valuable, but worth more than one set of the glasses and that was covered of course minus the Depreciation. Now up to stage three of the complaint process and I suspect it will take months but you have to stand up to principle. You are supposed to read a 15 page PDS and not miss the one word "spectacles"listed in the valuables section.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Dear Wayne, We are sorry that you are disappointed with the outcome of your claim. We understand that you have chosen to have your claim reviewed by an independent panel who provide free dispute resolution to policy holders such as yourself. Since this is currently underway we will wait to hear the outcome of the review. Customer feedback is always very important to us and we wish to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Kind regards The Travel Insuranz TeamTypical response from Travel Insuranz. They could resolve the issue without review, but they choose not too DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY The best thing about this site is regardless of outcome of review, people will read this review and not use them so thanks if you do this. Its a principle matter.

User-friendly site and great customer service

I thankfully haven't had to make a claim but have used Travel Insuranz for every trip for the last 6 years. It's easy, affordable and their team are really helpful with queries.

DestinationAsia and Europe
Claim MadeNo
Hi Chanelle, Thanks for your great feedback! We're delighted that you were happy with our service. We hope you have a wonderful trip and look forward to serving you in the future!

Awesome Company so easy to communicate with and amend Insurance on the go.

Really good value for money.
Amendable snow sports cover periods.
Have yet to claim and hope I never have to.
All communication with the customer service arranging cover while Overseas has been exemplary

DestinationAsia
Claim MadeNo
Hi Best Dad Thanks for your review. We've passed on your compliments to our customer service team who were delighted. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Regards The Travel Insurance team!

It is very Cheap but comprehensive enough.

I think it is good value for money. The website was very easy to navigate. I will surely keep an eye on this company for future use and would recommend it to my relatives and friends.

Claim MadeNo
Dear Customer, Thanks for your feedback. Our goal at Travel Insuranz is to provide great value for money cover. We hope you have a wonderful trip! Kind regards The Travel Insuranz team!

Generous and very competitive insurance

Definitely very competitive against all others insurance companies. The benifits are very high. The price is affordable and realistic. It was very easy to apply and check all benifits that are coming with the policy.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Goran Thank you for such a positive review! Were glad you found our website easy to navigate. We look forward to hearing from you soon when you book in your next adventure Kind regards The Travel Insuranz team

Excellent service, quick, easy and great value!!

I thoroughly looked over this policy- all that I wanted it to cover, read the faq- some excellent info there! I’m very happy it’s a secure reputable worldwide company. This is my first time using Travel Insuranz and I’m very impressed with what they offer. I will use them again- highly recommend.

Claim MadeNo
Thank you Desley for you great feedback, it's much appreciated. We wish you a wonderful trip! Kind regards The Travel Insuranz team

Simple reliable cover

We hunted around for insurance policies for awhile and found Travel Insuranz to be by far the best value for money. Have also discussed with friends who have had to claim with them and they didn't have any issues at all. Good to save money with an online company

DestinationAsia and North America
Claim MadeNo
Dear Traveller Thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We 're delighted that you found our product great value for money. We hope you have a wonderful trip! Kind regards The Travel Insuranz team

Ripped Off

Being charged an additional $26 or 23% more for one extra day on a 14 day policy is a complete rip off. I already asked to be covered for this day in the policy as we are flying overnight. When I went back to check the policy and print it off I find it is short a day and now we get slugged.

Customer service - not much. maybe we need another Royal Commission

DestinationAsia

Simple and Honest. My first choice from now on

Got into trouble in Peru with my wife ending up in hospital (long story). Not only was there was there no issue with making a claim, but the Travel Insuranz NURSE(!) got on the phone to the hospital where my wife was staying to confirm they were treating her as expected. We are so grateful. Travel Insuranz is now my permanent first choice for travel insurance.

DestinationSouth America
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJune 2018
Claim ApprovedYes

Simple, pain-free, affordable. How is insurance so easy?

This company and policy appears to be good value, however I've never made a claim so can't guarantee that. The setup was easily understood and simple. This is the second time I've used Insuranz and would use them again.

Claim MadeNo

Easy to sign up .. but make a claim and forget it they are shockers no intention of ever paying

Policy easy to sign up and take your money ! But make a claim and even a small one and they drag it out with no intention of Ever paying .. and is all hidden behind a claims consultant .. find one that actually pays claims !

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi Andrew, Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We value our customers and always aim to offer exceptional service. To investigate this further please reply to our private message with your policy details and the date the incident occurred and we will get back to you. Kind Regards, Travel Insuranz team

We have used Travel Insuranz before and found them very good although we haven't had to make a claim

once before and found them to be quite good although we haven't had to make as claim as yet. Great

Insurance claim madeNo
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review and continued support. It is appreciated. We look forward to protecting your travels again soon. Kind regards, The Team at Travel Insuranz

Easy

Once. Very easy to use website. Payment on line and very good pricing including cruise cover. Very happy am satisfied.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Ian, Thank you for taking the time to let us know you found our website easy to use and our pricing competitive. We value our customers and always aim to offer exceptional service. Enjoy your cruise! From the team at Travel Insuranz.

Great customer service

I had some queries about their cover and needed to make sure my valuables would be covered on a recent visit to Thailand. Their customer service staff were great, answered all my questions and were very clear about what is and isn't covered and the claims process in general if I should need to use it. Very happy with this experience so far.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Marcus, Thank you for your glowing review. We are delighted to hear our customer service team were able to help. They will be excited to receive your feedback. We look forward to protecting your travels again at some stage soon. From, The team at Travel Insuranz

Excellent claims service - thank you Travel Insuranz

I have used Travel Insuranz for many years and just recently had to claim as I was ill whilst travelling in Europe.

I contacted phoned the emergency assistance line and could not have been happier with the support I received. The operators were very caring and guided me through the claims process. I could not recommend Travel Insuranz more. Thank-you!

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Sammy, Thank you for taking the time to send us feedback; it's much appreciated. Whilst it is never great to be unwell while you are on holidays, we are delighted to hear you found the 24/7 customer assist team caring and helpful. We'll be sure to share your feedback with the 24/7 team. We know they take immense pride in giving our clients the best ever care. From The Travel Insuranz Team!

Watch out to many exclusions and bad payout ratio

Don't trust their slogan "Don't Worry, Just Travel" as this insurance has to many exclusions.
My experience is that they do not pay out cancellation costs when during your travel a parent/grandparent dies while they are having some of those elderly diseases like dementia or Parkinson disease. Reason that this is a pre-existing medical condition. People can live up to 20 years with these diseases. Is this not something you would expect you are insured for and covered by a travel insurance?

Further they suggest they payout well as they state they have arranged travel insurance for 2 million people and paid out 30 million. A simple calculation assuming average insurance fee is 50-75 aud per person per policy that their income is 100-150 million. Paying out 30 million means a payout ratio of only 20-30%.

Last but not least please remove my previous review in which i gave them 5 stars, but that was before i put in any claim. You only really know how good your insurance is when you have a claim.

Insurance claim madeYes
We are sorry that you are disappointed with the outcome of your claim. A key objective at Travel Insuranz is to provide a competitive, flexible travel insurance policy for travellers to buy online. Our travel policy has been in effect for over ten years and we have been able to meet the needs of thousands of travellers many of whom have suffered injury or loss during their travels. The majority of travel insurance companies, not just Travel Insuranz do not provide cover for cancellation directly related to pre-existing medical conditions of relatives. When purchasing travel insurance it is important to read your policy documents (product disclosure statement) to familiarise yourself with what you are covered for and ensure you are aware of the limits, exclusions and the conditions of the policy. Insurers realise this may difficult at the time of purchase, which is why they provide a 14 day cooling off period during which time a full premium refund is provided if the policy not suitable. Unfortunately we do not have the ability to delete your review, however we have forwarded your request to the Product Review administrators.Dear Travel Insuranz Official, I have 3 main observations: 1. I see no comment on my estimate/calculation on your average payout ratio of only 20-30%, so we have to assume this is correct or even at the high side, i.e. at least 70-80% of all premiums paid is to cover your management costs or most likely profit. I am very happy i can share this here for future customers. 2. Your reaction speed on reviews is fabulous, must must faster as on claim submission. Sorry to be cynical, but it is a fact. 3. Your response is unfortunate very standard. A bit more detailed response below on your standard response: 1. I did check and read the PDS and even was able to change the cover and include my relatives who are living overseas. (customers, please note your relatives living overseas are normally not covered). The pre existing medical clause for relatives was however hided in a 3 level exclusion, which i did oversee. Further any normal customer would expect the pre existing medical clause to apply only for the actual traveller. I have a master degree, am GM of construction company and dealing with contracts on very regular basis. If it is even difficult for me and i did oversee this it is difficult for majority of customers unless you are a lawyer. Apart from that the issue i have and which happens once or if unlucky twice that a relative unexpectedly dies during a holiday is now exactly what you expect you are covered for. This insurance certainly fails the pub test. 2. your remark that other insurances also have many exclusions does not make your insurance better, but just means the insurance market in general is a bit sick and focused on shareholders, profits and not customers. I compare your remark to a car driver who gets a fine for using a mobile phone while driving and his defence to the agent is that others are also use their phone while driving.

Don't deliver as promised

Selected this one from a whole bunch of very similar providers as there was a free travel SIM included. Back from trip 6 weeks, still have not received it. Contacted company to let them know it was never received and they said they had sent a new one. Not even a hint of apology! I have no use for it now the trip is over. What stupid people.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi there, We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We have reached out to you privately and hope to speak with you soon. Kind regards, The team at TravelInsuranz

You can trust this travel insurance company.

After reading many other comments on this site it's surprising the number of people that couldn't retrieve anything from their losses. I on the other hand did receive my claims back with open arms. I had my phone and wallet stolen out of my bag in Thailand patong whilst shopping at the street markets. As it was out last day in Thailand and too many other factors to mention we couldn't report the missing possessions. Also the the police are corrupt and unhelpful. Luckily when I came back to Australia the great team at travel insuranz managed to assist me in gaining back most of my funds and phone costs that had been taken from me. I in this instance had a very good outcome. I will continue to use this travel insurance company for all my travels in the future. I thank the team at travel insuranz. I would like to extend a special thanks you to Lea-anne Touwen(claims consultant) and Linda Lister(claims administration) for taking the time to look into my case and showed me nothing but care and professionalism throughout my ordeal.
I'm glad a company like this still exists that still has my back. Great outcome for me especially just before Christmas

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Nick, Thank you for taking the time to send us feedback; it's much appreciated. We'll be sure to share your feedback with the Lea-Anne and Linda. We know they will be proud to receive such praise. We know they take their role in the claims process to heart, giving our clients the best care. From The Travel Insuranz Team!

Don’t waste your money.

Recently purchased insurance for my trip to South America with This company , I chose the higher scale of coverage to ensure that if anything did go wrong i would be covered .
after becoming very ill I needed to go to hospital, it was 3 am in a country that only speaks Spanish and my partner contacted the insurance company to find out which hospital we would need to attend to be covered by insurance. The representative on the phone although polite could not provide us with a direct answer and was running my partner round in circles with countless questions , even after the fact that my partner had made it clear on several occasions the urgency of my situation. After 30 mins on the phone and being told that we must speak to a medical team first which was unavailable we ended up having to seek medical attention at own own cost as no information or support was given .
Don’t waste your money .

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Traveller, Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We value our customers and always aim to offer exceptional service. To investigate this further please reply to our private message with your policy details and the date the incident occurred and we will get back to you. Kind Regards, Travel Insuranz team

Is your travel insurance (premium) a good cover for someone completing the Kokoda Trail in PNG?
I am not sure as we haven't had to make a claim as yet, but we have done the Kokoda Trail with Kokoda Trekking in 2007 and had a fabulous time. We completed the track the day before Anzac Day, so it was a little bit special. You can never train enough for it. Some of it is like walking up and down a mountain of margarine. It was challenging but very rewarding. I wish you all the very best with it and hope you get out of it as much as my husband and I did. It was a real privilege to have walked in our diggers foot steps.

Hi your website says the insurance automatically covers cruises in the South Pacific? Is this correct? I have purchased a policy with you already and just want to confirm thanks
Dear Jodie Thank you for your question. All Travel Insuranz travel insurance policies automatically include cover for cruises. If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to email us (please include your policy number) at travel@travelinsuranz.com.au Kind regards, Helena Customer Service Team

I have a pre existing heart condition Heart Attack 1 year ago also I have type 2 diabetes there is no where to disclose this. Will it effect my policy costs?
Thank you for your question. During the Travel Insuranz online application process, you are asked if you have any pre-existing medical conditions and if you have, then the website explains what is and isn’t covered. The Travel Insuranz policy automatically covers a wide range of medical conditions however more serious conditions such as heart and diabetes would not be covered. As your heart attack is fairly recent it may be difficult to get cover. We would suggest that you do a google search for “travel insurance for heart conditions”. We trust that this has helped answer your query. The Travel Insuranz team

Travel Insuranz