Travel Online

• Trip Completed Yes (186) · No (32)
  • Ease of Booking

BrendanSouth West, WA

Thieves and a ripoff.

Was given a $3124 credit to use then told I couldn’t. Straight ripoff. They then blamed an ex staff member. Told all veteran websites as well. Don’t use them.
Brendan Phillips

Sanj

SanjMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Never book through them

Our flight was cancelled. Virgin claims that TravelOnline are-booked us on a different flight without contacting us, which is illegal. We ended up paying $800 out of pocket for new last minute flights, as the person I spoke to on the phone said they would contact their supervisor and get back to me, but never did. Virgin was able to offer us a cash refund, but stated that it had to be done via TravelOnline as it’s a third party. TravelOnline refused to pass along the cash refund, and was only able to give us a voucher. Oh, and they rely on a system of emails and call-backs, so are impossible to contact if you have a situation at the airport, as we did. Never using or recommending this dodgy service.

adrianrd1South East Queensland, QLD

A company to avoid.

jennifer

jenniferVictoria

Travelonline rocks!

This is my third booking time and every time has been fabulous, One was a very large multiple family booking and again all plans went off with out any issues.

Sue Caroll

Sue Caroll

We have found Travleonline excellent to deal with

We booked a package in Bali for mid 2020. Given overseas travel was curtailed we thought we might have issues getting refunds or credits but not so. We got a JetStar credit for the airfare portion promptly and all bar $100 back from the rest of our booking. That $100 was applied against an internal package we have just taken in Queensland. We will use Travelonline again in the future as a result of their service and cannot fault them.

Booking TypeAccommodation, Cruise and Flights
Michelle M.Travel Online

MelNSydney

Sorry I can't leave a 0-star rating

Appalling Customer service

No one has bothered to return my call or my email dated OCTOBER 29th, it is now December 9th 2020!!!! No follow up, no support, no customer service what so ever during this crisis!! Not once! I highly recommend for consumers to go elsewhere!!! This is a joke and I will never return or engage in their services again.

andrea p.Sydney, NSW

No communication, poor value

Stay away from this agency. If you have credit with them be ready to be charge more or loose your money.
Booked a room with them 1 year ago, due to covid travel was cancel and credit voucher was gave to me to be spend n any hotel with travel online. I re book with them to go in Fiji, and they refuse as the voucher as to be spent in the same hotel, so I did. However after few day Travel online re contact me saying they need to charge extra due new rates or I can take a cheap room instead

Kerrie Brown

Kerrie BrownSouth East Queensland, QLD

Travelonline to the Rescue

Booking TypeAccommodation, Flights and Tour

John

JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing Result

Tried the 'bait and switch' strategy."That is totally booked out I'm sorry", we have something else but....... But it was over double what original holiday was. I am quite unhappy with the experience.

Phillip Giles

Phillip GilesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Service

We have been booking our holidays through Travel Online for many years. We mainly go on cruises however since COVID have had to look at alternative holidays. Fiona and Kristy have been amazing! They have always communicated with us on cancellation of cruises and future cruise credits that have applied. They have even helped with suggestions on other holidays to Uluru and the next a rail journey to North Queensland. Service has always been five star and booking is so quick and easy. Client for Life!

Booking TypeAccommodation, Cruise, Flights and Tour

DavidGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Refund for my Fiji holiday

Michelle M.Travel Online
David

It's fairly obvious you didn't read my review. I have my refund. I hope that the others can receive a similar outcome that I did.

Nick R.

Nick R.

5 STARS

I have booked multiple holidays with TravelOnline. I can say it has great deals and is very easy to navigate. They let me know as soon as something pops up, and is easy enough to be able to adjust/cancel booking. I would highly recommended booking through this website, as they do the hard stuff for you! Suceeds expectations.

Lynda W

Lynda WSydney

Great service during these unsettled times

I had several holidays booked with Travelonline when the borders closed. One in Fiji and later, because I thought at least interstate borders would stay open, one on Heron Island. Both fell foul of border closures. I was worried because so many have simply lost all their payments, but travel online were great. Getting me a full refund for Heron Island, refund of my accommodation deposits for Fiji and credit for flights (as that was all the airlines had offered). This meant I could rebook Fiji for mid next year without the worry that my money would be lost.

Lisa

LisaSydney, NSW

Do not hand over one cent to travel online - appalling customer service

DonovanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do Not use this company!!

Hi,

As per the above comment, my booking can be used for any travel service you offer such as flights, accommodation or holiday packages?

Hi Donovan,

That is correct, yes. Any flight credit must be used with the airline you originally booked with and is bound by their terms and conditions but the remaining credit for your booking can be used on any other travel service that we sell.

Ian

IanBundaberg

What a waste of my time this was.

Spent an hour with my wife looking at available bookings through this company. Made booking only to get a phone call 2 days later saying that my booking was not confirmed or available. I then phoned the resort directly and made a booking easily. Do not use this site to book accommodation. I have just spent some time reading the large number of poor reviews for this company. I wish that I had read these before trying to book through travelonline because I would not have wasted my time and would have gone elsewhere immediately.

Martin

MartinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still Waiting for agent to call me

I called at 4.30pm on Wednesday Afternoon & was advised that an agent would call me back.
I called again at 2.00pm on Thursday Afternoon & was asked if an agent could call me back & I said I was still waiting to hear from yesterday, the reply was I will mark it URGENT.
Its now 4pm on Thursday & still Nothing.
I wouldn't waste my time with this company, we were about to book for a group of 6 on the Spirit of the Outback railway In first class, but dont worry about it. We have taken our business elsewhere.
Today is Saturday at 0850 & still have heard nothing from this company, glad it wasn't urgent, glad I took my business elsewhere

TravelOnline M.Travel Online

Do not book through travel online.

Kim

KimSouth East Queensland, QLD

I would NOT RECOMMEND TravelOnline.com - Frustrating, disappointing and full of contradictory information

Margaret_Barrett

Margaret_Barrettasked

I would like to know why it is taking you 61/2 month to refund the airline fares which you cancelled because of the covid you were very quick to take the money, 180days for the airline and then 12 week for you to refund WHY???????? Do I need to go to the ombudsman. I need some answers. When I asked for the refund you said 10 week now you tell me more

Hi Margaret,

We'd certainly be happy to follow this up for you and find out exactly what is happening with your refund. Can you please provide your TOCS reference number so that we can locate your booking in the system and give you an update?

TravelOnline M.Travel Online

Hi Margaret, I passed your concerns on to our Reservations Manager who was able to locate your booking in our system. I believe she has since reached out to you to update you on the status of your refund. The airline has refunded your airfares way ahead of schedule which is great news! We received your refund request on the 7th of August and are very pleased to report that we received the funds back from the airline on the 28th of September, far ahead of the 180 days the airline had originally told us it would take. Upon receipt of these funds you were immediately added to our refund queue which has an approximate 12 week turn around due to the extremely high volumes of refunds that our accounts department is currently processing. You may receive your funds sooner than this, but we like to give our customers the most realistic timeframes in order to avoid disappointment. We understand this is frustrating, however we appreciate your patience during this unprecedented time. Our team is doing their best to assist all customers as quickly as possible.

John N.

John N.asked

Where is my refund. P&O say it has been paid. Why haven't I received it? John Nielsen Ref TOCS289736

Hi John,

I believe your consultant Fiona has reached out to you today to give you an update on this.

Please check your emails for correspondence from her regarding your refund.

Kind Regards,

TravelOnline Team

Louise D

Louise Dasked

Are Travel online going to honour Qantas re booking and Marriot cancellation policy. Ie due to travel to Hawaii but due to quarantines cannot travel. Qantas says no cost changes and Marriot can get full refunds up to 24 hours ahead. Is this going to be an exhausting and arduous task, at minimum cost or are you still going to folllow your less than 45 day out refund.

TravelOnline C.Travel Online

As I'm sure you can appreciate this situation is changing very rapidly and we are doing our best to keep up with it all and help as many people out as we can. Previously we were bound by the terms of the airlines and hotels however over the weekend the airlines announced they will relax their change or cancellation policies and we are happy to pass that same flexibility on to you. I encourage you to contact your consultant again so that we can assist you based on these new developments.

Get an answer from our members and Travel Online representatives