Travel With Jane

Comprehensive, Domestic, Basic, Saver (See All)
See the Best Travel Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Travel With Jane

4.5
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (3)
    • 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (8) · No (2)

Note that the policy excess is per person!

Compares reasonably well against other domestic travel policies for COVID and car rental excess cover. User friendly claims lodgement system. I thought I read through the PDS properly but managed to miss the part about the excess applying per insured person, not per policy. Quite different to policies I have purchased in the past! Had this been more obvious I would not have bothered purchasing the policy. I assume this is in breach of disclosure obligations.

• Incentivised Review No
  • DestinationAustralia
  • Claim Made Yes

Good policy, poor service.

The policy is a little pricier than others but definitely provides better coverage, especially with respect to COVID related matters.
Unfortunately customer service not good. I emailed with a question about the policy. Got an automated answer and that's it. No response even a month later. Makes you wonder if it's a real insurance company or just a website taking money.

Janice Dickson
Janice DicksonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Domestic Insurance

Easy to arrange the Policy this time and for our recently taken trip to Darwin on The Ghan.

Thankfully did not have to make a claim, but happy to use this company again.

Bruce
BruceGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Travel OS

Yes, the policy is good I have used Jane Insurance previously and found no issues I have never claimed for anything and if all goes well will use this service again.
So please do the right thing by me

Sue M
Sue MPerth, WA

Great prices and excellent cover

We were insured with Travel with Kit for a trip on the Ghan which was cancelled, when I rang to see what could be done a refund was immediately offered. This was so good to hear after our many arguments with travel companies, so once we rebooked we reinsured, but now find there is Travel with Jane which is a sister company for women, great. It was easy to arrange cover and confirmation came through straight away. We travel in August and hope we won't have to make a claim but I have every confidence we will be treated fairly.

Jenny P
Jenny PSydney Surrounds, NSW

Pleased as punch

I support the basic premise of the firm so regularly bought travel insurance with them for my frequent overseas trips. when last year's trip was cancelled due to Covid19 Jane's was helpful with advice and when I requested a refund they quickly said yes and processed the funds back into my account. Thank you very much.

proposed travel Insurance

Twice we insured with TWJ, and twice our trip was cancelled due to COVID. We found that the insurance was good value, compared to other providers, and was easy to obtain on line. Both cancelled trips we asked for a refund, and that was effortless, quick and courteous. No questions, no delay, and that gave us great confidence that when the crazy times are past, and we are again able to travel with confidence, that we would certainly use TWJ to insure our next holiday.

Travel insurance and COVID-19: what you need to know

For many, international travel is back on the cards. Getting travel insurance that covers COVID-19 related events can give you peace of mind so that you can enjoy your trip while being safe, smart, and prepared - and you should know what to look out for before you shop around.

Clara V.

credit-card-awards-2020
Kathy
KathyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Goodwill

I purchased this policy because I had to due to a domestic tour i was taking to Tasmania however due to lack of numbers it didn't go ahead therefore i was so surprised that i got a refund on my policy out of its grace days as i didn't need it in the end. So thank You. Most insurance companies would never do that. However I would love to take out another domestic policy but Travel with Jane doesn't cover border closures impacting domestic holidays due to Covid which is really becoming so frustrating lately !! No insurance company does

maryam b.
maryam b.Sydney, NSW

Its excellent policy

Very good value and easy to choose and buy on line with excellent customer service if you need help , comprehensive policy is perfect and cheap as well you can rely on it

Nannie R
Nannie RNorth Queensland, QLD

Amazing Value

I have personally been the manager of an insurance company and this is the best value I have ever seen. Not only the value is there but the ease of taking a policy is so simplistic that it makes it great for the customer. We take a domestic comprehensive cover when we travel 'just in case'. When we are able to travel outside Australia again we will also use Travel With Jane. I can HIGHLY recommend them.

• Incentivised Review No
  • DestinationAustralia
  • Claim Made No

if you want someone to call you back don't bother with Jane.

I purchased a policy with Travel with Jane, after paying my fee I received nothing, no confirmation email dead silence. I called 3 times and nothing, no one ever called me back. Fortunately I never had to make a claim I spent my whole holiday worrying about my pretty much non existent insurance.
I would NEVER use them again.

james
james

Would give it 0 stars if possible, utterly disgusting.

Easy to apply online, and that's where the service stops.
I read the PDS carefully and contacted customer service via "live chat" because their phone rang forever and then went to voicemail. Live chat just goes to an email service. In short, now am trying to cancel due to misleading PDS / staff who do not know the product. Has been a week and no one will contact me back after various emails, website requests and a call to an unmanned number.

Roslyn
RoslynIllawarra, NSW

Easy to understand policy

The policy seems to be good value and was quite easy to read and set up. We actually did go through all the PDS first (so you saying that nobody reads it is not true!) and found it better than most to understand and accept. So thank you for that. As you say, we hope that we never find out how good the insurance really is...

Jane De Angelo
Jane De AngeloNorth Queensland, QLD

Perfect outcome

I booked with Jane Insurance for an overseas trip unfortunately the trip was cancelled because of Covid so I was given a full refund no hazels, so when I am able to travel overseas again I will definitely be booking my travel insurance with Jane again.

Excellent service thoughout Covid 19 chaos

This is the first time I've used TWJ and I would recommend them to anyone. I had a claim for a return flight to Brisbane after my flight was cancelled in the Covid 19 emergency. The communication by both phone and email was first class and my claim was partially settled far sooner than I expected. I am still awaiting word from Singapore Airlines before the claim can be fully completed, but I have no concerns that TWJ will honour their responsibilities.