92 reviews · Statistics

100% · 920%

Trip Completed Yes (17) · No (0)
Ease of Booking
See the Best Booking Services in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Fabio2 posts

Excellent!

TCGT is just an excellence regarding China tourism and tour tailoring.

From the beginning to way back home they assist and help you with professional and gentle guides.

Emily - our travel consultant - is a fluent English speaking always ready to organise and fix properly any detail, also during the trip.

As other guides we met, all of them very professional, English speaking and nice persons.

We appreciated any side and accommodation, either a very full but well organized itinerary with professional drivers.

If you are planning a journey in China, don’t miss TCGT! Show details

silvanklinkert
silvanklinkert

5 Stars for easy website navigation and prompt ticket issuing

Travelling China on your own as a foreigner can be pretty difficult with little english used in many places, especially when travelling into more rural areas. After referring to Travel China Guide for organising my train tickets I can say to be very satisfied. It definitely makes things a lot easier. Show details
Graham and Geraldine2 posts

Excellent!!

The service delivered for our tour of China exceeded our expectations. We say that as we added additional days before and after the prgrammed tour. All the guides were excellent and oversaw all our check ins for hotels, flights and train journeys. Show details ·  1
Tim C.
Tim C.

Tickets ordered on line and delivered to our hotel

Order rail tickets online from the UK for 3 legs of a tour round china. Asked them to deliver the Hotel where we would first needed them (cost around RMB80)> A couple of questions during ordering were quickly sorted by email and the tickets were at the hotel when we arrived. All worked really well. Show details ·  1
Wynn Ray
Wynn Ray

See what you want, how you want to see it

Other than tips, all was paid up front, we saw what we wanted, entrance fees were paid where they could be in advance. Loved our guide (Chimpel), and our driver was always early. Show details ·  1
Marcus
MarcusACTCanberra 2600, ACT

Travel in China made easy

I was sceptical of Travel China when I first read about it. But after using it I would never travel in China again without using it. The staff are helpful and super responsive and the fees are reasonable.

Our train tickets were waiting for us at the hotel when we arrived in China. And when the hotel could not find them, TC responded immediately I sent an email to call the hotel staff to help locate them. In Beijing we took a Great Wall tour and the guide was excellent. Show details ·  1

Sierrah G.
Sierrah G.

Best Tour Company Ever!

I booked all of my train tickets through Travel China Guide and hey did a great job keeping me updated and giving me instructions on how to pick up my tickets. I also booked a tour in Beijing and it was amazing! Show details ·  1
Dr and Mrs Horsnell
Dr and Mrs Horsnell

A delightful month in China

Kelly Wang absorbed our requirements very well and produced an itinerary that fitted our requirement perfectly. When we received an invitation to visit a major university for four days Kelly adjusted the itinerary without complaint. Show details ·  1
Cathy
CathyNSWSydney, NSW13 posts

Exceptional Tour Company

We used Travel China Guide for a customised 15 day private tour of China for 4 people, and had the most amazing time.
This company is exceptional - I was nervous about using a foreign travel company, but once I started corresponding with Emily, everything quickly fell into place - despite me sending about 20 emails over the course of 4-5 months to tweak different parts of our tours. Emily was so organised, the day tours and travel arrangements all worked without a hitch. They will also send you a letter to assist with your China visas. We used We Chat in China to communicate with the Guides, who were all brilliant.
No hesitation is recommending this company. (Note they trade as Xi'an Marco Polo International Travel Service). Show details ·  1
Charlie
Charlie

Not just in China

Not just China!! ...We had a very successful trip with Travel China Guide in China last year, so when planning this years trip to Vietnam we decided to use Travel China Guide again. In March my wife and I completed a excellent private tour of Vietnam from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi (Including Mikong delta and Halong bay cruises). Once again Wendy was professional and responsive when arranging and also during our trip.

A picture is suggested but you don't want to see a picture of me ..... so how about one of the "rice turtle" we had during one of the many excellent Vietnamese meals we enjoyed. Show details ·  1

Greg
Greg

Great 14 day China trip including Tibet with TCG

I can highly recommend TCG. The trip was exactly as advertised and certainly met or expectations. I booked the trip online and our consultant Wendy was very helpful. All of our guides were very knowledgeable and spoke English well. The cost was reasonable and we did not encounter any unexpected fees. Show details ·  1
DR MALLICK
DR MALLICK2 posts

Book ticket on line and be worry-free

It was easy to book on line. I booked 5 seats in the fast train from beijing to shanghai.
No problem in getting the ticket. Ticket was lying at the counter of the hotel where we checked in. Show details ·  2
katew
katew

They made the process of booking trains in China painless

Travel China Guide booked all our Chinese trains for us over a holiday period when it's almost impossible to get trains. They were excellent (and even apologised that they had only managed to get us seats in adjacent rows on one particular train that was bursting to the seams). Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. Show details ·  1
Sharon T.
Sharon T.

Great experience in China with TCG

Our 10 days trip to Hangzhou-shanghai-suzhou was nicely organized by TCG. I would like to give a big clap to my travel consultant Emily as she dealed quickly and nicely to my various requests and enquiries. Our travel guides and drivers are also very polite and helpful during the trip. Only one small suggestion to the travellers or TCG perhaps is to have travellers or guides to contact each other before the trip to confirm on the exact meetup point in train station, as travellers could get lost in big station. Show details ·  1
Alan
Alan

Great Trip - Excellent Guide

Had a brilliant day out with Travel China Guide Tours in Xian.

Guide was friendly, great knowledge and funny.

I highly recommend this company. Would definitely use again Exceeded my expectations Show details ·  1

Anthony R.

I am a teacher who never has travelled abroad; so this is my dream vacation. I was attracted to the positive reviews and the value for the Travel China Guide 11 day tour. However, I don't understand why they do not accept VISA credit cards for the deposit. Instead, they prefer a wire transfer. Yet, when I visited my usual branch here in CA, my banker [who is Asian] advised me never to do business with an international company that will not accept credit cards because that alone is a "red flag". I'm glad that I am exercising due diligence now to avoid a nightmare and a ruined vacation next year. Any advise?

Graham and Geraldine

Looking back at my file for this holiday I see we paid by bank transfer. I used my Revolut account for this. I have to say that we were most impressed with Travel China Guide, their itinerary and their guides.

Kate.b
Kate.b

Hello.
We would love to come to China and I wonder if you can help us with a private tour. I know your country is simply huge. if it is practical we'd like to see some or all of the following places. Beijing, Jinshanling, Datong, Yungang caves, Pingyao, Louyang, Xian, Mt Huashan, Zhangjiajie NP, Fenghuang, Guilin, longyi Rice terraces, Yangshuo, Mt Huangshan, Hangzhou, Shanghai, Suzhou. We're not pressed for time. Regards Kate Giles ( kate.williams.m@gmail.com)

Travel China Guide Tours   DM

Dear Kate, Thank you for contacting us. Yes, we are glad to help you customize a China tour for the destinations you would like to go. We will send you information by email shortly.

Thank you & Have a great day!

Ruby/TravelChinaGuide

Sue
Sue

Do you have any tours that are reasonably priced? I found one on grab me for 11 days in China. Very impressed bout the trip. They are not so good on the reviews.

My email [email address removed]