Tripadeal

I was very happy from trip a deal was amazing tour and I’m foword to book another tour with them ASAP

I’ve dun china tour no problems with booking or yours or bulet train or food everything was high level .i dont know what else to say that was one of my best experience with this company

Booking Type Accomodation, Cruise, Flights, Tour and Visa

Their trips are fine but customer service.......

As stated above, the trips they offer are great value but their customer service is woeful. Every call, with at least a 20 minute wait, elicits a different answer from another consultant

Beware of TripADeal

I would be very wary of dealing with this company.
We booked a 19 day ‘Mexico & Cuba Cruise & Tour package’, in December 2018 which was departing in November 2019, which included destinations Havana, Cuba; Montego Bay, Jamaica; George Town in Cayman Islands.
In late August, we received a revised Itinerary from TripADeal which included only Mexico and completely removed the Cuba element and the cruise destinations, and was replaced with an alternative resort in Mexico in lieu of the cruise and additional destinations. The reason for the revised Itinerary was due to ‘

Following the ‘revision’ of this booked tour and the complete destruction of our planned holiday, TripADeal has now advertised for sale a very similar tour, including Cuba and Havana and the option of a cruise. Of course, this deal is significantly more expensive and the departure dates are more than six months away.
The ‘customer service’ displayed by TripADeal is appalling. There was no alternative offered other than to accept the new Itinerary, despite the fact that no discount was offered on the original tour price, regardless of the loss of the additional destinations. At no point did TripADeal even attempt to come to an agreement, and in every instance refused to negotiate and simply advised that the alternate trip, a refund or credit note be accepted. TripADeal has quite simply attempted to mitigate their loss irrespective of the loss incurred to their customers.
We booked this trip in December and TripADeal has most likely invested our money this whole time. It is also difficult to know whether the original trip was ever genuine.
TripADeal states that they ‘make dreams come true’. In our case it has been the exact opposite experience. I will never consider using this company again, and I would like to warn others against this company and their questionable business practices.

Ease of Booking
Hello Anna, We are very sorry that you have been impacted by the changes made by the United States government recently announcing changes regarding international travel to Cuba. TripADeal contacted those travelers who were going to be directly impacted by these changes advising that the cruise line had informed us the ship you were due to sail on would no longer be travelling to the Caribbean. TripADeal has worked closely with the cruise line to come up with a replacement land itinerary to maximize your enjoyment whilst in Mexico. The length of your tour was to remain the same as originally purchased cruise had been replaced with a beachside resort experience. The replacement land itinerary including accommodation, all-inclusive, food and beverage packages (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) with all transfers included. TripADeal understands this had greatly impacted what you originally purchased and provided a dedicated team handling any inquiries related to these itinerary changes. Furthermore offering a refund or credit should you have not wished to proceed. We are sorry that you feel this has not been adequate and would appreciate any feedback/suggestions that you might have as to how we could have handled your personal experience better. Should wish to provide us with this information please do so to feedback@tripadeal.com.au Warm regards, TripADeal Team

USA/Canada/Alaska Adventure

Our trip was amazing. We did a 9 day tour of the USA and Canada, flying in to Seattle, from Melbourne, via LA; followed by a 7 night cruise up the inside passage around Alaska. We elected to stay on in San Francisco for four nights before coming home.

We enjoyed ourselves and saw some beautiful places. Overall, things were great. The whole booking experience was good, although it was often difficult to get an answer on the phone when calling about bookings. We incurred extra costs ($900) to remain behind in San Francisco at the end. Our flights and accommodation were great, no problems at all there. The coach was comfortable and air conditioned. The driver (Roy) was great.

However there were a few issues...

When we booked, the itinerary included all breakfasts. When we got our final itinerary, 4 of these breakfasts were no longer included. We disputed this and were told they would be reinstated. They were not. We had to visit supermarkets on each of these days, or the day prior, and purchase food to take on the bus (with no refrigeration available), for these breakfasts and a couple of lunches. This was a bit difficult.

The main issue was with our guide. Right from our very first meeting, when we checked in, and for the first 2-3 days, she was very rude, sarcastic and condescending to everyone. She was unhelpful and acted like she didn’t want to be there. She did improve as time went on, but her behaviour was really unacceptable at the start. She has been doing this job for 9 years or so, so perhaps this was out of character for her, but everyone noticed it and it became a joke about who would be next to ‘get into trouble’.

We did not let her behaviour ruin things for us ... and we really did have a great trip 9/10.

Booking Type Accomodation, Cruise, Flights and Tour

customer service to calls and emails hopeless

I have arranged and paid trip a deal for connecting flight from Bris to Syd for china trip in Oct. Now find they have booked a flight with minimal transfer time of 1.5 hrs. trying to get a response is hopeless. need 3hrs according to Qantas data . there is a flight at 5am that I want them to book but no response yet. I was told by a lovely lady yesterday that she would get back to me - still waiting My emails just seem to get ignored also. We run a boarding cattery business where we speak to lots of people travelling and I wont be recommending trip a deal unless they smarten up - seems to me once they have your money they don't care. In hindsight I should have booked the bris /syd flight myself

Trip Completed No
Hi Steve, We are unable to speak to what it is that you have been advised by QANTAS, however as per our Terms & Conditions TripADeal flight ticketing policy operates using minimum connecting times which are as per International Air Transport Association (“IATA”), airport and airline specifications. Flights sectors are booked as advised by the operating airline and in accordance with their terms and corresponding airport regulations. We are sorry that this appears to be the cause of some concern for you and will have a consultant contact you to further discuss. Kind regards, TripADeal Team

China 2 for 1

I find our trip very hard to rate. Once Trip a deal have your money it is bye bye customer. We had an incident the night before we flew and were berated for calling on the emergency line despite 5 calls during the day. There response was hmm your husband is OK to fly but at this stage doubt we can fix it for you. I did eventually pay 200 dollars and amazing problem solved. No money no fly honey.

The trip however was fantastic and our two guides Emily and Ivy exceptional. We did all the extras as we didn't want to miss anything and so had very little free time which in retrospect was a mistake. 7.30am on the bus and not getting back till late was to much for us at our age but that's our fault not trip a deal.

There were people on the tour who it was clearly not suitable for as moderate walking is an under statement.

And trip a deal before you respond saying you are sorry blah blah and a supervisor was working all day (bollocks to that) to sort it out.

You have my feedback. We travel 4 times a year at least 1 to Europe it won't be with Trip a deal not because of the trip but lack of service. I am surprised and disappointed Dan Carter lends his name to this organization.

Worst customer service

Good deals but the customer service is terrible. I booked accomodation which included transfers, I called 4 times and emailed over months to confirm transfers. Apparently they don’t keep record of the conversations so I had to repeat each time, they said they would call to confirm but never did and I would have to call back and start all over again. It’s extremely frustrating, I would consider paying more for another holiday provider due to trip a deals consistently poor customer service.

Booking Type Accomodation

the lane restaurant at George Hotel Ballarat

had my 70th at The Lane Ballarat food was great service was excellent my birthday cake was damaged chef redid top of cake looked better than the original ( no charge ) would recommend this venue and will definately be back ,thank you again staff you were just magic

Japan highlights

Excellent tour guides and bus driver
Very happy trying to please everyone going out of there way to help
Accommodation most of it was good a couple second rate
Very rushed trip but saw a lot in 9 days
Extremely hot in August
Overall would love to do another trip a deal

Balkans and Beyond - September/October 2017

Flights: Left from Melbourne with Emirates – good flights with minimal stopovers.

Accommodation: Hotels were changed when we received our final documentation about 3 weeks before we left so looking up previously advised hotels was a waste of time. Bucharest – Marriott was 5 star and well located. Brasov – Hotel Belvedere was a poor hotel choice lucky if 2.5 stars; it was out of town with lots of steep stairs to carry your luggage, would not recommend. Vienna – Hotel Regina 3.5 star centrally located next to the Votive Church. We were given an attic room with views across the city. Prague – Hotel Mucha 3.5 stars a quirky family-run hotel within walking distance of the old town.

Cruise: Amadeus Royal about 3.5-star ship. We had a cabin on Haydn Deck – expecting a panoramic window BUT got a small window which you could not see out of – level with the water!! Cabins were small but comfortable. Recommend paying extra and getting a cabin with a balcony. Public areas were fine. Staff members were wonderful and lots of other friendly travellers!!

Dining: Included meals on the cruise were excellent with wine (plenty of it) at lunch and dinner. Catered really well to allergies and the staff were fantastic. Hotel breakfasts were good with plenty of choices. Only disappointment was the “farewell’ dinner in Prague – terrible food and no cultural show as advertised.
Touring: Great range of excursions included with ample free time at the beginning of the trip. Budapest, Bratislava, Vienna and Prague were too rushed and we only got a glimpse of what was on offer.
Unfortunately, our cruise was delayed on the Danube (not TAD fault) so we ended up going to some extra villages BUT missed out on time in Prague.

Pros: Good value for money trip which gives you a taste of the Balkans. Thoroughly enjoyed our time, saw lots of wonderful sights and met some fantastic people.

Cons: Paperwork said maximum group size was 24 per coach – this did not occur – we had 43 people on our coach with resultant delays in getting on/off etc. Hotel in Brasov not a good choice by TAD. Did not get the advertised evening cruise down the Danube at night in Budapest.

All in all, we had a really good time and hence are using TAD for a trip again

Booking Type Accomodation, Cruise, Flights and Tour

China tour 2.8.2019 to 13.8.2019.

I was disappointed in the guide who took us after Shanghai (Sophia)she spoke too quickly and was hard to understand. She focused on teaching the group Chinese words when we were only with her for 1 day. She took us to see Erqi Memorial Tower in the rain. We expected to go inside only to find out it was closed. She allowed us 5 minutes to take photos and then walked off quickly and left us stranded in the back streets unsure of where she was. I was not impressed with her in the least and I told her to not leave us again but not sure she understood me.

The other guides were brilliant: Terry, Amanda and Michael. I would definitely recommend this tour even though it was full on from the start and didn't leave us much time in between events.

Booking Type Tour

Vietnam & Cambodia.. fantastic !

Absolutely fabulous trip ! Restful days in scenically beautiful Halong Bay, tasty coffee, 50c beers, cheap tailors and lanterns in Hoi An, markets in Ho Chi Minh city and the heart-wrenching, but fascinating, history of Cambodia.
Add to that the incredible Angkor Wat and Pub Street in Siem Reap .. what a perfect holiday !
Loved every minute. Well organised, good value trip.

Booking Type Accomodation, Flights and Tour

India 9 day Golden Triangle Tour

from start to finish,it was a great time in india in oct 2017..tourguides and drivers made us feel safe and was well organised..saw lots,did lots and loved every minute of it..highly recommennd TAD trips..

Nordic Discovery

Amazing part of the world! Excellent customer service! Excellent trip all round from guides to accommodation and airline. Well priced as well.
Well definitely book with Trip A Deal again.

Booking Type Accomodation, Cruise, Flights and Tour

16 day greek island explorer with Abu Dhabi stop over.

Amazing trip. Well organised. Great accommodation. Wonderful food. Thanks tripadeal once again. No dramas at any stage of the trip. Made life long friends that we still contact through Facebook site.

Booking Type Accomodation, Flights, Insurance and Tour

2for1 China with Xian Extension & Yangtze Cruise (18 days)

Couldn't believe the value for money this deal was.
Tiananmen Square & Forbidden City, Great Wall of China, Terracotta Warriors & Horses and the Pandas.
All included. The best Optional Tours were The Golden Mask Dynasty (Beijing), ERA and The Intersection of Time Show (Shanghai), and Huangpu River Night Cruise in Shanghai to see China's version of Vivid.
Seriously, you get airfares, transfers, meals included.
Just need to organise your Visa and pay the Tour Guides who do such a great job.

Just do it

I did the highlights of Europe with a friend in 2017 and enjoyed myself so much that I took the plunge and did the Europe Christmas Markets as a solo traveler in 2018. I met so many wonderful new friends and everyone included me when I went on my own. I am now doing the Morocco tour in October 2019 with a lovely lady I met on the Christmas markets tour. I also have 2 more TAD tours booked for 2020 and have 2 more in mind for 2021. I love how everyone has a sense of adventure and is open to meeting new people and seeing the world. Nothing in life is perfect and when travelling unexpected things can happen but as a group we sorted things out, had a good laugh took away wonderful memories and amazing stories to tell. I recommend TAD to all my friends and family.

THANK YOU TRIPADEAL!!!!!!!

The Great Wall of China has always been on my bucket list, not only did I get to tick it off this holiday offered so much more.. Couldn’t fault it and had an awesome time, met some fabulous people and had a ball!!!!!!!

Abandoned in Beijing

We have friends who have had a good experience with Trip-a-Deal. So obviously it is quite possible for a trip-a-deal itinerary to run without incident. ...
But, based on our experience, if anything goes wrong don't expect any help from trip-a deal:

Less than half-way through our tour we were dropped off at Beijing Airport for our flight to Hangzhou (we believe at that time our guide already knew our flight was likely to be cancelled due to a typhoon, but we were not advised of that). Our flight was subsequently delayed and ultimately cancelled. We received little help from the guide (who was contacted by phone and offered some advice but no real assistance).

We were left to fend for ourselves and later than night trip-a-deal sent an email basically saying that the rest of the tour had been cancelled except for the flight home from Shanghai. Our flight to Hangzhou would most likely eventually be rescheduled, but the email implied that no guide or bus would be provided to assist us once we got there, and also suggested that our eventual flight back to Sydney may be severely delayed. The email did state that their guides would assist us, but did not say how that assistance would be provided (e.g. it did not even give a phone number for the guide in Shanghai). I sent an email to trip-a-deal asking for clarification but after several days I have still not received a reply!

We did have a phone number for our Beijing tour guide, but we did not have a phone. With no email response from trip-a-deal we felt totally abandoned. One our our tour members did manage to get a phone number for the Shanghai guide. When she phoned him he basically told her to go home.

We ended up having to pay not only for hotel accommodation, but due to the lack of any real assistance from trip-a-deal we purchased tickets from Beijing back to Sydney at our own expense.

Trip-a-Deals conditions state that in such circumstances they will "use reasonable endeavours to arrange supply of comparable travel products and services and itineraries". I'm not sure what their definition of "reasonable" is, but based on our experience I would suggest they define "reasonable" as "none".

I had a laptop computer with me so was able to use that to book flights. There was an elderly lady in the group who was travelling alone. She didn't even have an email address, let alone a computer of the knowledge to use it! Fortunately we and others in the group were concerned for her and helped her book a flight home, but I shudder to think what would have happened to her if the others in the group had not come to her assistance ...

Booking Type Tour
Hi David, We would like to assure you that the safety of our travellers is the highest of our priorities here at TripADeal and we are very sorry to hear that this has been your experience whilst on tour and under the circumstances. We would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you. If you would please email feedback@tripadeal.com.au providing your full name and order number so that we can look into this further for you and be in contact. Warm regards, TripADeal TeamI did contact the feedback email address as requested above. Trip-a-Deal have not disputed my version of events. Their response was nicely worded and did contain an apology for them not responding to my clarification email, but the bottom line is that they do not accept any responsibility for treating our group this way, and pointed out the paragraph in their Terms and Conditions that starts off with "TripADeal reserves the right to vary, withdraw or cancel any travel products and services by written notice ... ". So it appears to me that the way our group was treated is just the standard way that TripADeal handle such situations. ... Anybody planning a trip with TripADeal should be warned of this: Whilst there is a reasonable chance that the tour will run to the itinerary, if something goes wrong TripADeal may simply cancel the tour part-way through with no compensation.

Never again

Bewaremof the half price Japanese cherry blossom deal as is too early to see many blossoms. Also, Sue to unforseen circumstances me and a friend could ńot Board the plane from Melbourne to Japan and Trip a Deal would not agree for us to return on the return flight ( for which we paid as part of the deal). Lastly, the tour guide was of poor quality.

Booking Type Accomodation, Flights and Tour
Hello Traveller, We would like to assure you that our traveller's experiences are of the highest of our priorities here at TripADeal and we welcome your feedback. With any of our deals which we sell to Japan, we do highlight in the important information section of the deal, when Cherry Blossom season is predicted. Stating the season can be relatively short and highly seasonal, with the blooming period lasting approx. 14 days. Strong wind and rain can cut the blooming season even shorter. We cannot guarantee flowering cherry blossoms will be seen. In regards to your flights, often airlines will cancel return flights when one of the flight legs are not used. We would love the opportunity to look into your particular situation further. We would also like some further information on the quality of the tour guide. It would be greatly appreciated if you would please email feedback@tripadeal.com.au providing your full name and order number so we can provide you with some further information regarding your feedback here. Warm regards, TripADeal Team