Tripadeal

Sri Lanka and Maldives

Just returning from a 14 day trip.
Our tour guide Benny(Beniel) was just amazing, could not do enough for us all. Nothing was too much trouble. Did some great additional trips. Accommodation was good, not always perfect but good enough for what we paid. It's very difficult to please 20 people travelling together but overall I feel everyone had a great time. The Maldive resort, Adaaran Club, was perfect. Accommodation great with all rooms opening onto the water. Food was excellent and drinks were free and in abundance.
Nothing was too much trouble.

Booking Type Accomodation, Flights and Tour

Terrible customer service

Over three days I have called 5 times abut my upcoming trips. I waited on hold twice ( for a very long time) and left my mobile and home number for call back. Also have sent an email.... still no response. This is my second booking I'm off to Samoa in April and Canada and Alaska in August. I'm starting to wonder if the company is viable with the lack of response to my calls and email. Once I complete these two trips I don't think I will book again. I'm a regular traveler all over the globe and I thought I'd give Trip a deal a shot but the after service is awful, very second rate which then in turn usually means that I will most likely have issues with my travel. I hope not..time will tell. Hopefully I get all my travel tickets, itinerary paperwork etc soon.

Booking Type Accomodation and Flights

2 for 1 Italy

My wife and I havve just arrived home from Italy tour 12 days. Trip was great, saw a lot of history. Guides were incredible. Minor check in to hotel problems in Milan. The cruise on MSC Meraviglia was incredible. Cabins were great and the itinary was fabulous.

Booking Type Accomodation, Cruise, Flights and Tour

Great value for money

We have just returned from the Borneo trip. We were not expecting much considering what we paid but from the very beginning everything was very professional. The accommodation was better then we had hoped and a special mention of The Borneo Nature Lodge. What a fantastic experience. Walter our host and his wonderful staff made sure of our every comfort even supplying afternoon tea of cold drinks and snacks after a hot day exploring. Our wonderful guides Ben and Douglas made sure we saw everything that was promised on the itinerary and even some extras. No request was too much. Thank you for a wonderful trip.

Booking Type Tour

Tour guides !!! Can be really hit or miss damn!

We have just returned from a trip to mainland China for 12 days. Out of three guides two were mama who who !!!!! The great australians and new zealanders made up for the problems but am letting trip a deal know they have a serious issue to solve in China deal cheers

Booking Type Accomodation, Flights, Insurance and Tour

"Interesting"

We have just returned from the 21 day Vietnam/Cambodia/Singapore trip (February 2019). The accommodation was not always fantastic, but we chose 3 star and if the rooms were not the cleanest, and no hot water occasionally then we probably got what we paid for.
Our guides were a mixed success, one was terrific, two were fine, but one really not suitable for a tour group of predominately over 60's (crude humour).
The tour took us to wonderful places, however we felt that Sapa should be avoided.
No doubt once a beautiful place, but unfortunately tourism has caused a people, scooter, tourist bus and construction explosion, which has made it so congested that it is impossible to enjoy.

Exceptional holiday experience

Booked through Tripadeal 14 day Sri Lanka Maldives holiday. Couldn’t fault this company except for trying to call them to enquire about travel insurance . The hold time is ridiculous. By the time someone called me back I had got my insurance through another company . The ease of booking my trip was exceptional and even getting our visas was made very easy.

Booking Type Accomodation, Flights, Tour and Visa

Had a great fantastic time on 17 day Best of Mexico

Mexico is a vibrant, colourful country with a great public nightlife and thriving indigenous community. Our guide could not have done more for his - he had every detail covered and was always solicitous to ensure our enjoyment. We loved the landscape and towns, the museum visits and cultural experiences, such as a traditional manufacturer of mezcal, spinners/dyers/weavers, sisal and tequila makers, chocolate factory and more. Our guide had great suggestions for lunch and dinner venues. The hotels were often stylish and always comfortable and our bus was brand new with an excellent driver. We usually travel independently but had a flawless first time experience with TripADeal.

Booking Type Accomodation, Flights and Tour

Worst customer service

I am not sure why TripaDeal has a good review and one of the best on-line travel agent.

To get hold of them is a nightmare... Tried calling them too enquire on a deal and being put on hold immediately and after 10 mins, just have to give up and hang up.

Then after reading the reviews from people regarding this Tripadeal where it was given a good review, we decided to go ahead with the booking. Booked online, credit card charged and passenger details submitted. Received an email stating details have been submitted. And it has more than 3 weeks now and no receipt or booking reference being emailed to us.

Signed in to their website to check on our booking and our login account does not have no more detail than just the statement " Passenger details submitted".

Went to the Online Chat to submit a query and after waited for 5 hrs, received a reply requesting more details. Submitted more details and it has been more than 15 hrs, still no answer from Tripadeal.

How can anyone wanting to book thru them???? The worst on-line travel agent!!!!!

Booking Type Tour

Forget trying to ring this company

Rang 3 times today to inquire about a travel deal - ended up hanging up after 10 minutes on hold each time.
I have a motto in situation such as this - you can always judge a business' after-sales service by the standard of their pre-sales service.
In this case there was no pre-sales service so there is no way I would risk making a booking with them

Booking Type Accomodation and Flights
Hi there Ocker, We are terribly sorry to hear that you were unable to get in contact with TripADeal. Your call is very important to us, and hope that we are able to assist you in any way possible. Are able to email support@tripadeal.com.au with your contact details, and I can arrange one of our next available Travel Consultants to give you a call. Kindest regards, The TripADeal Team.

Read the itinerary closely and also the fine print

We booked a 2for1 China deal. "Visit and experience ...... (fill in excursion event here)" doesn't also mention the hard-sell expectation to purchase once you're visiting the nominated experience. A change in accommodation venue from within the CBD to outer industrial area of Shanghai was a huge disappointment. This culminated in 'having' to participate in a surprise excursion (not free) as there was absolutely nothing to explore or see in the industrial park to utilise "free time to explore". (All items in quotes here were listed in our original Itinerary). Note that there's only so much you can do in a 3 or 4 hour train ride, no matter how fast that train is travelling. On a brighter note, 2 out of our three guides were awesome, knowledgeable and approachable. The Great Wall is amazing, as are the umbrella vendors for rainy Shanghai. Any of the gardens are a delight. The language barrier really does exist.

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE !!!

I have attempted on multiple times to contact Tripadeal by phone and on hold for over 20 minutes.
They obviously have no staff.
I am trying to confirm a booking.
What a joke!!

Trip Completed No
Hi there Flo, Our apologies in the delay for responding to your comment! By emailing support@tripadeal.com.au with your contact details, I can get one of our Travel Consultants to give you a call to answer any questions that you may have regarding your booking. Kindest regards, The TripADeal Team.

Not a great start .........

I am trying to make inquiries about the 42 day around the world trip. Have been on hold for 20 minutes. Pity I couldn't talk to someone as per their blurb without having to hold forever .......

Hi Sharon B, Our apologies for the delay in responding to you! Were you able to chat with one of our Travel Consultants regarding the 42 Day Around the World deal? If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to email us at support@tripadeal.com.au with your contact details, and I can get one of our next available Travel Consultants to give you a call. Kindest regards, Maddi

Ghan trip or take a camel

Booked on line. Didn't get a receipt until I asked for it months later. The details sent by them were a straight take from Southern Rail. They didn't let us know we had to select our own hotel at Adelaide. No helpful advice at all. They wouldn't do the leg work of contacting a suitable hotel. Contacting them was a nightmare , expect 20 min delays and this happened four times. They always promised to ring back for our AM enquiries but didn't get anything until late PM . The operator always had to contact some one else before they could reply. We would have been better going direct to Southern Rail. All they do is get their cut then you get dumped. We should have been warned that they're located in Byron Bay evidently. You really get to know the advertising about what a great team they are but when you're waiting no one checks to see if you've died whilst waiting. We will never ever use this mob again. You have been warned.

Hi Dennis, We are very sorry to hear that your experience hasn't met your expectations. With this deal, as the Southern Rail was a main feature of this holiday, we use their itinerary as per provided to us for customers documentation. Often our operators will provide us with documentation to share with our customers which displays all the relevant information for our travellers. In regards to your hotel in Adelaide, we have highlighted on the advertised itinerary "After completing the famous north-south crossing of the interior you will arrive into Adelaide where your Top End adventure comes to an end." In addition to this we do also highlight the accomodation under the inclusions section as per below and Adelaide is not listed here: 4 nights 4-star hotel accommodation in Darwin 2 nights accommodation aboard The Ghan “Gold Service” I'm sorry to say, we were unable to assist in booking an addition to the package of the Adelaide hotel your were requesting as TripADeal specialise in packaged holidays rather than independent travel bookings. In regards to the wait times on the phones, we do sincerely apologise for this as it is not the standards we set out to achieve. We do, however, encourage our Customer Service Team to speak with our operators for questions which they are unsure of, simply to ensure we deliver on accurate information to our travellers every time. Where further information is required to be sort after, we feel a a same day response is reasonable. We are located in Byron Bay however this information is not hidden from our travellers and is advertised on our website. Should you wish to discuss this matter with us further, I would be more than happy to contact you accordingly. Please let me know if you would like for me to do so. Kind regards, Sally TripADeal

Borneo a great Trip

Did the Borneo 2 for one trip Great experience. Unlike the other Trip a Deal offers no visits to factories for the hard sell. Excellent guides. Some long bus trips but if you want to see the best on offer that's what you have to do.
All meals were included. All we had to buy were snacks and things to take back home as mementos if we chose.
Very good hotels better accommodation than when we did the China trip.

No flexibility

Refused to change dates for booked tour - could not give it to someone else to use - wasted the trip - very very un helpful
Family now looking for deals but cannot evenlook at Tripa a deal now.

Vietnam/Combodia

Your was great, very tired when I got back. I found not enough water was offered but in saying that I had an amazing time in both countries. Thu one of the tour guides we had in Vietnam was amazing also Sam from Cambodia was great too. I have been on two tripadeals trips the other one was China and they looked after us really well water overload it was great :)

China great tour, crappy service

Tour is amazing, lots to see and do and quite energetic, but if you don't like feeling stranded in a place where very few know English and almost none can read our alphabet, then don't do it. We had several nights where the tour guides dropped us off at the hotel and we were left to our own devices. All ok until one of the tour got sick, hungry or just wanted some milk for a soothing cup of tea.

Srilanka-Kerala

Arrival at Kochi, Kerala was the start of problems. The Guides from Special Holidays were not there to meet us. We had to phone them. Representatives arrived with apologies. No Garlanding as promised. Divided the group in 2 with second group dropped at the hotel. There was no guide available so then asked a member of our group to accept hotel and takeover as leader. There was no prior room allocation so it was left to the group leader to sort that. Key Hotel is located 4KM from any shops/restaurants. So forced to eat at Hotel. As a la carte could take a while, the voluntary leader organised a buffet. Very nice food and reasonable cost. So half a day was wasted or individuals did their own thing. Next morning, no guide, so driver takes over. Whilst waiting for company rep and guide, the group leader organisers a tour.
Final the guide([name removed]) arrives and we do a walking tour of the Fort area. Apparently guide was hired for half a day only and was going to leave the group after lunch. Another guide was to do the rest of the tour. Company could not find a guide so [name removed] was asked to take over. He had to run home to get his travel bag.
The guide was not a happy chappy and the tour leader had to most of the work. When asked to guide to shops, always took us to ones of his choice(kick-backs) when better shopping was a few Kl away. Hotels were 2/3 stars. Hotel Abad Copper Castle, beautiful location, but access by jeep, on 4 levels and no lifts. The Manor Backwater Resort had dirty sheets, pillow cases no toilet paper and expensive food. Highly not recommended. The Houseboat, so so. Food not to the excellent standards elsewhere. Staff untrained and unattentive. The driver and his Offsider did a good job, the guide was hopeless. Had absolutely no idea of customer service. In the end he hardly got any tip. Tripadeal let us down in this tour.

Nepal - India - Sri Lanka

Flights were very badly booked with 25 hour stopovers booked at night when only one night booked. A waste of a day. Tour guides not suitable and not very nice.