Trivago

Trivago

Brand Manager for Trivago? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Trip Completed Yes (21) · No (21)
  • Ease of Booking

Best in Bendigo

After yet another wonderful stay at the Tea House in Bendigo, my wife and I find more and more to love about the place.

The consistency in quality, comfort and service has never swayed, as hosts Jody and Brent take deep pride in their owner-operated lakeside “paradise”.

Another treat are the scrumptious cooked breakfasts, all of which arrive hot and steaming fresh …. unless opting for the refreshing summery alternative of quality yoghurt with seasonal berries …. and/or freshly sliced fruit salad.

Even if you live in Bendigo itself, as we do, a stay at the Tea House …… with optional world-class 16-jet spas …… is a fantastic tonic for body, mind and soul.

Absolute scam !

I booked through trivago today for school holidays and sent me to 3rd party. I rang to make sure the company , Travel Up was legit. Someone answered . They reassured me trivago was trusted site.

Now they’ve taken from my credit card. Confirmed the booking and 15 later they cancelled it. I rang the resort and they said they have had issues with Travel Up.

I’m still waiting for my refund. I have contacted the fraud squad at my bank and they will wait a few days so I can raise dispute.

Just shocking how trivago can partner up with these third parties which they DONT check.

I will NEVER use Truvago again nor Travel Up. A warning to others.

Angelo
AngeloSouth East Queensland, QLD

MadeComfy

Diane W.
Diane W.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellance transfers Unprofessional

Booked transport from Cairns airport to port Douglas over a month ago! had problems with my card contacted them straight away by email and calling tuck them until the night before departure to return my call not good enough booked with another company

Trip Completed No

Absolute scam

Geoff
GeoffWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

A banquet.

John
JohnGeelong

Hotel in Italy deducted cost immediately despite being able to cancel which When cancelled ...no refund.

Don’t believe in free cancellation after having given credit card details cost got debited However when accommodation cancelled and no refund nobody would help out. Thankfully disputed cost via credit card bank who refunded after 92 days after claim made. Don’t trust Trivargo or their associated sites

Extremely unhappy

Used Trivago to book accommodation, found what I thought was a great deal through PRESTIGIA with free cancellation.
Due to unforeseen circumstances I had to cancel my booking which I did and I’m still waiting on a refund over a month later

Booking TypeAccommodation
Eric V.
Eric V.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

DO NOT USE TRIVAGO

DO NOT USE TRIVAGO.
They let dodgy companies advertise on their site like destinia for one.
Asked them to help me get my refund and was told no we can't help you!
It was you that sent me to destinia so you are also responsible!!

keith forsyth
keith forsyth

Not as unbiased as we thought now it’s which company pays the most gets their property promoted the most

Found out to be lying about their promotions and promote the companies that pay the most , I would never trust reviews on this site now they are just not credible

Hayley
HayleySydney

Do not book through trivago they sell your details and use scam websites

I arrived in Cuba booking my hotel through Otel 2 months ago. I received a number of confirmation emails yet when I turned up to the hotel I was told there was no reservation because Otel did not send them my money I had paid. I am now trying to sort out a refund. Trivago have been extremely unhelpful and Otel do not respond to emails or answer their phone. This is a scam the positive reviews here are paid/fake do not under any circumstances book a hotel through this company.

Loyal to good businesses
Loyal to good businessesUnincorporated, VIC

Be aware you could be in a dormitory

If you search by cheapest first the low cost can be a bed fee. Not a room fee. The website should have a radio button: Exclude Backpacker accom and another eg exclude dormitories. Otherwise you waste time and miss out on room deals. Trivago needs to separate the wheat from the chaff. Not rely on the customer to do it.

Benn25
Benn25Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Prices are incorrect

We tried Trivago when we stayed in Cairns. They gave us a price for a 4 star hotel that seemed expensive. We rang the hotel and booked the old fashioned way (over the phone). Was significantly cheaper than the price Trivago gave us. Also hate their smug, annoying girl adverts.

Harry
HarryNewcastle

Pay Tax Here

Trivago pays no tax in Australia and has no product , just a rip off of every small hotel motel operator. We stayed at one on the great ocean road and were puzzled as to why they would pay 17% to this pack of parasites. They said that if they didnt they would be out of business , such is the pull of Trivago. Go broke or be blackmailed , well done Trivago

Rod J.
Rod J.Sydney, NSW

Worst TV ads possible

I will never ever use the Trivago platform ever again. Your cheap and awful ads played over and over and over again have driven me mad. Please go broke and disappear.