Tropical Pool Store

Tropical Pool Store

See the Best Pool & Spa Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Tropical Pool Store

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (42) · No (48)

Linda
LindaFar North Queensland, QLD

Do not buy from this company!

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Purchase TypePool
Joanne
JoanneSouth East Queensland, QLD

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Nothing but problems from word go!

RonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Avoid At All Costs - Pay Double Elsewhere If You Have To

I bought an autochlor rp35t on 4 september 2021. It said it had a 5 year warranty, replacement in the first 2 years. It arrived on 8 september 2021. I installed it the same day. Cell didn't work, timer came on but didn't go off, chlorinator gauge didn't work. Called tropical pool store. The rude arrogant guy immediately told me you broke it by putting in too much salt. Wouldn't help at all. I had to contact the manufacturer, compupool at nerang. They were just as back. Do not support these crooks.

Find out how Tropical Pool Store compares to other Pool & Spa Shops

Simple order cancellation incurs restocking fee

Ordered then cancelled within less than 20min. Took 10days to see the refund in PayPal after two contacts. They charged 20% restocking fee even though there was no S&H involved. Talked over the phone and heard cancellation is not free and I must cover the labor and 3rd party cost involved for the cancellation. Will never look again this store

Paul V
Paul VHunter Region, NSW

So glad I looked

My old Salt Water Chlorinator (Clearwater C170TLS) died over the weekend. Got online for replacement and saw Tropical had advertised, on sale at $649 retro fit self cleaning unit (Titanium Edition). Send e-mail off asking some questions, did not hear back, rang them and told e-mail "did not come thru". Had a chat about my Q's. Chap was ok bit brisk but figured busy. Was just about to do order for the replacement retro fit unit when I saw these comments...as such will not be ordering from them but going to local pool store for expert opinion on best option. So big thanks to all others who took time to report / vent etc.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Rosemary A.
Rosemary A.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Tropical Pool Store are terrible

Don’t buy from Tropical Pool Store.The worst customer service. Bought a salt water cell and it lasted 6 months. Contacted this store for warranty claim and it took 5 months to replace. They returned my item today without any information or follow up. Not sure if it’s fixed or not. They take 2 weeks minimum to reply to emails and are rude and dismissive. They tried to blame for the cell breaking. I had to provide heaps of proof to say I had maintained my pool.Don’t buy from here. I never will again. Products arrive quickly but after that it goes down hill.

Louiesmum
LouiesmumSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beware outrageous refund policy!

John
JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Prompt repair by manufacturer

I bought a Compuchlor unit in November and had an issue right from the start. I then saw reviews on line and was very skeptical as to whether I would be helped or not and decided to contact the factory.
I dropped off the unit at the factory, and was pleasantly surprised to receive a shipping notice the same day! The unit arrived at my home a day later and has worked properly ever since.

Dont use them

They sent wrong chlorinator, sent them proof that its not what I asked for and 'I can return at my cost & they will deduct restocking fee and refund the balance

JDM
JDMQueensland

Stay well clear of these guys

Bought a new chlorinator from these guys less then 10 months ago, cell burnt out on the 10th month and the 5year warranty they gave me was rejected because my salt level was to high but a professional swim mart pool guys looks after the pool and makes sure the balance is always on point go figure. I should have listened to the reviews before buying you cheap junk that dose not last, even the wiring was dodge when I received it, stay clear of these guys they will rip you off big time. Don't say I didn't worn you.

James D.
James D.Sydney, NSW

Left confused

I had a issue with a cell I from received from Tropical pool store and was told to return it, after a period of time I received a new unopened cell and cell holder which I informed them that I now didn't need as I had another firm sort my pool problems out. I was sent a return form to return the cell and cell holder and receive a refund this of course never happened instead they sent back the cell and holder I sent back for warranty saying its working properly if that was the case I back in the first would never have sent it in the first place never again

Rick G.
Rick G.Perth, WA

Pipe attachment was broken on delivery. I could not get a seal had source a bigger O ring. Still no reply to email .

I use my pool regularly for exercise and for the grandkids to cool off during the hotter months. Unfortunately it broke during these times and suffered with grumpy hot grandkids.

rocket
rocketHunter Region, NSW

Timer

Ordered universal time and came with clip joining positive to negative !!!! Not needed for this purpose and caused a fuse short several times until taken out, told by these jokers that i need an electrician for 4 simple connectors that you can do with a pair of pliers come on worst reviews EVER i have seen on line DO THINK TWICE ABOUT buying anything from Tropical Pool Supplies as you may regret it. Timer working now will see if lasts past warranty period of 1 year (hope so)

Chris S.
Chris S.South East Queensland, QLD

I join the warnings to not deal with this company

Spent $1,500 fixing damage caused by two faulty chlorinators. Equipment is not fit for purpose. I broke a rule not checking reviews first. A vague invoice description was a clue.

John M.
John M.asked

I have a Titanium Edition Ti2000 6 months old and have noticed it runs very hot, I cannot put my hand on the casing underneath. It seems quite dangerous. Is this normal?

Ron

I don't believe so. In our case we have similar situation and it causes the unit to shut down. to remedy this problem we have to run the unit for 1.5 hours then turn off for 3 minutes to cool and run it again for another 1,5 hours.
Tropical pools store refuses to respond to this problem and the manufacturer is no better. we are planning to go to consumer affairs and happy to include others with similar problems. Please let me know.

Kubarasked

I purchased a chlorinator cell PEC-MGP-20 in November, and notice already the accumulation of calcium on the plates. I thought this type of cell was a self cleaning one, so assumed with the reverse polarity this calcium buildup wouldn't happen.

Raymond
Raymond

Not sure as mine is not a self cleaning cell, but, i think if you read your manual even self cleaning cells have to be cleaned occasionally

Kubar

Thanks Raymond, yeah thought as much, didn't think it would be that easy.

Prawn
Prawn

Hi Kubar, you should be able to tell if its self cleaning by looking at the chlorinator unit on the wall for something like "reverse polarity", your cell should have also said something like this on the receipt such as RP. If it is indeed a reverse polarity cell, it should not require cleaning, especially 6 months after installation. Send it back.! :)

Robert M.
Robert M.asked

I purchase a chlorine generator and the shipping address is wrong invoice # 685951067765.1 can someone tell me if the right address 2130 rosie ln snellville ga 30078 is being used I hand been trying for almost 3 days to get info from your company

Ghurka
Ghurka

I recently purchased a salt water chlorinator from Tropical Pools in Queensland, Australia. I don't know if they are the same company. The chlorinator was advertised as an Aqua Joy however the one they sent was not an Aqua Joy which I discovered when I contacted Joy Pools who make the Aqua Joy. I tried to contact Tropical Pools with their telephone number on the website however they do not answer, and do not reply to messages. I also attempted to contact them by email, and again they do not reply. Also I have read numerous reviews complaining about the same lack of response from this business. I wish I had read the reviews before purchasing. I wouldn't purchase anything from them in future.

Get an answer from our members and Tropical Pool Store representatives