TwinGlaze

TwinGlaze

See the Best Door & Window Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for TwinGlaze? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.2
  • Job Satisfaction

eddy
eddyWeston Creek 2611, ACT

TwinGlaze - contract

ShantiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

TwinGlaze installation - TOP MARKS.... cooler & quieter

I am extremely happy with installation by TWINGLAZE in Dec 2020. The reduction in heat on those extreme days has been quite noticeable as I do not have Air Conditioning only ceiling fans. Outside noise has been significantly reduced and the clarity of vision is also very noticeable. Plus, importantly, the installers, led by ku, were also exceptional...Top marks!

Martin
MartinSydney, NSW

Great product and very quick, professional installation

Really good for insulation, keeps interior temperature much more stable and cooler. Sound is better too. The installation team was an absolute pleasure to deal with !

GoodguyBadguyVictoria

Good heat but poor acoustic insulation

Door & Window Shops

Find out how TwinGlaze compares to other Door & Window Shops

Keith
KeithGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good product with very impressive Install

Had 13 panels of glass replaced in a single day, due to aircraft noise in Keilor. Result reduces aircraft sound by 70%. Good result while retaining window frames. Very clear, prompt professional company. Well done.

JoanneSydney, NSW

Noise reduction not achieved

Recently had a bedroom window double glazed to reduce traffic noise. Was advised the difference would be noticeable and noise reduction up to 50%, but unfortunately it's not noticeable and only around 10-15%. Service was good but a lot of money wasted for almost no difference.

Cliff B
Cliff BGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

We just purchased a house near a train station and wanted to reduce as much noise as possible. The Twin Glaze solution not only did a wonderful job but the extent the team went to deliver an exceptional service is why I am writing this review. Their system replaces standard glass with double glazing in your existing frames. However where the frames allow it, they can add their double glazing to the existing panes. It was the effort they made to do this that I was really impressed with. They had to redo some latches and this wasn’t easy, but the job and finish was fantastic. Now more than half our house is triple glazed, which is not what we expected. It is so quiet and I am sure our heating and cooling costs will be better also. Well done!

Jen
JenSydney, NSW

These guys were great !

Highly recommend these guys . Great communication and competitive pricing . Daryl went the extra mile to make sure we were happy and Rua who did the installation was great . Thanks again .

Bev
BevSydney, NSW

Great solution for window with plantation shutters

I obtained quotes from a few local companies to install double glazing on 2 windows in our unit. We had plantation shutters that were only 18 months old. TwinGlaze was the only company that had a solution allowing us to keep the shutters. The price was competitive and they were great to deal with - quick to respond and a good quality product.

Door & Window Shops

TerrySydney

Best service ever

Gee
Geeasked

I live on a busy road with traffic noise and is twinglaze going to fix my problem

GoodguyBadguy

It obviously works in some house judging by some reviews. It did very little for my 100 year old house. It might work better in new builds. It isn’t brand-specific, all these retro-fit products work the same. Getting totally new double or triple glazed windows is probably the only guarantee for noise reduction but that is at least double the cost and far more disruptive so is out of the question for most including me.

Hi Gee,
I’m very happy with the installation of twin glaze windows. It feels safer and the outlook seems clearer. Re sound proofing, this wasn’t a priority for me but I have noticed that when I’m outside my dogs’ barking through the window sounds less intrusive.
I think there is a specific feature which gives greater sound proofing but I’m not sure about this.
Cheers

GoodguyBadguy

I forgot to mention - ironically the windows offer fantastic noise reduction in reverse: We had the music blasting at top volume a few weeks ago and were worried it might be too loud for the neighbours. We went outside to check and couldn't hear a thing. Obviously it works better with music frequencies than traffic noise frequencies.

Condensationasked

Had a quote for twinglaze installation on our large windows ($16,000), they want a 50% deposit before a final measurement then 40% before installation, so a total of 90% deposit before doing the job, kind of off putting that

GoodguyBadguy

Hi. That is a pretty ridiculous request but probably a sign of the times with the global business downturn. I had to pay 50% deposit prior to measure and 50% after installation. I would not feel comfortable paying 90% upfront either, especially because there is no guarantee on installation date - their factory or a supplier won't have to close down for 14+ days. I would try to negotiate because in the end they need the business so it's either accept my terms of I'll go elsewhere. Good luck.

Condensation

Thanks for that, this was just before the Melbourne outbreak, i am comfortable with 50% before and after installation, but i will want to see it somewhere actually installed before i pay 90% up front, i only need it for a condensation problem not noise or insulation, what is your opinion of the product are you happy with it??, i dont think there is another company with this product.

QueSeraSera
QueSeraSera

I paid just under 10K for my sliding windows and doors. The condensation is worse now, than before the windows were installed. Pools of water sit around the bottom of the frame. And now have mould in corners and ceiling. I have underfloor heating as well in living room, but not in carpeted bedrooms. The condensation is worse behind the windows with plantation shutters. The frames aren't properly sealed, cool air gets in as well as the noise. From your post a few months ago, it looks like your frames are ok. So may not have the same problem. (I've posted other comments in this review, if you want to check out what structure and windows I have)

Condensationasked

We live on a busy road but have no problem with traffic noise as the windows are laminated and the aluminium frames are well sealed, we do have a severe problem with condensation in winter, appreciate any comments from you on whether this twinglaze would go some way to solve it at least on the glass

Joanne

Checked my windows this morning and the double glazing does reduce the amount of condensation on the windows.

Thanks for that Joanne.