UBank

UBank

1.8

Scott Family

Scott Family

Avoid as if your life depended on it

I was a customer for less than 24 hours. They couldn’t work out how to open a joint savings account for my wife and I. The online system set me up as a single account holder even though a link was sent to my wife to complete her side of the application. The guy on the phone spent an hour with me to achieve nothing. I closed my account straight away. Talked over me , made excuses, then he hung up on me. I thought I was being pranked it was so bad. Imagine if they were trying to set up a home loan!

TopicNew Account
Mat

MatMid West, WA

ZERO STARS

Ernesto L.

Ernesto L.

The worst bank I’ve used so far

Katawarry

KatawarryCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Worst bank on earth!!! No regard for customers health and wellbeing during a crisis!

Unhappy customer

Unhappy customerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible customer service and process. The most inconvenient banking ever

R Bee

R BeeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't be fooled! Just collecting your data.

Terrible excuse for a bank. Attracted to low home loan rate. Fill in all the questionnaires stupidly giving them all my personal info. Am told I will receive a call on Monday...Monday comes I get an email saying the person who was supposed to call me is off sick(!?) and they will call me on Wednesday. Do you only have one loan assessor in the office? Anyway after that I just never heard back. So pretty much was scammed for data. Waste of time.

Displayname

DisplaynamePerth, WA

terrible customer service

Do not use ubank if you have a family member that has an account with them that is gonna die anytime soon. They make things so difficult to process and takes months to sort out.

Evan K.

Evan K.Sydney, NSW

Good rates but little more effort is required on customers part

Currently going through the process of a loan refinance.
The process is probably taking a little longer than expected.
Communication could be improved, some departments don't answer your email when responding to them however follow up phone call and/or replying to all CC'd departments can get you answers.

Probably one of the best interest rates out there which is why you can expect putting in a little more effort through the process compared to more expensive lenders.

How do I give 0 stars?

Maggie

MaggiePerth, WA

Ubank is brilliant! Recommended for sure

I want to refinance my home loan. Ubank offers nice interest rate, that is the main reason I want to give it try. after quick online questionnaires from UBank, I got an appointment time with a home loan specialist by email. It’s efficient, clear and professional! I like the way they dealing the application, that’s very different from the traditional home loan application. It is worth with your time. You got a nice frame where you stand for. I am quit happy!

Petr Havelka

Petr HavelkaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Simply TERRIBLE

"Sorry, Internet Banking is temporarily unavailable.", that's what I'm seeing 95% of the time when I try to log into the internet banking. No thank you, have make a switch to other bank. Not worth the hassle!!!

Absolute rubbish

Had a loan application going for 6 months that is simple and low risk: 40% lvr, with stable job and high pay, yet each minor question/request raised had taken months of follow up to get them to respond, then ignored again. Don't bother.

Rach

RachPerth, WA

The worst customer service

I got in touch with Ubank to refinance my home loan. At first the process seemed easy enough but as time went on they never bothered to keep me updated and eventually just didn't hear back from them even though I was emailing and calling. The worst customer service I have ever experienced and would never use this bank.

K1W1

K1W1South East Queensland, QLD

U-Bad

Poor customer service on the phone from the initial call, let alone the language barrier, the whole process to move a mortgage is not worth the frustration, or the time wasted

Poor website ruins experience

I have been with Ubank for many years (almost 10 years) due to it's interest rate on Savings account. In this time I have consistently had issues with the website constantly being unavailable, or undergoing routine maintenance. I have never had this with any other bank, it renders my account unusable for day to day transactions. Many a time I have tried to pay a bill and i have to try again the next day, or the day again after that. I have to use this bank account as a "set and forget"

Jay Man

Jay ManFar North Queensland, QLD

Absolute rubbish company

Applied for a home loan. Consolidating and saving around $220 per week.
Sounds simple? Should be . No!
From the get go they got my address wrong, the amount of the loan wrong, who i worked for wrong, my wife DOB... I could go on.
Then after many weeks of back and forth and jumping through hoops, we were declined, even though we could easily afford it.
Avoid this bank. They are a part of NAB. We though (being with NAB) that maybe NAB had not rubbed off on them. We were very wrong.
Somehow, they are even worse. I did not think this was possible.
Will never go through them again, or NAB.

TopicLoan Application and New Account
Michelle C

Michelle CSouth East Queensland, QLD

poor website and communication

they made the account hard to understand, it takes more than three days for your money to be seen from linked account from other banks . I will stop transfer big amounts over just in case my account has same problem with fellow reviewers here.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account
Madhu

MadhuVictoria

Avoid avoid avoid ...!

Have been with u-bank for over an year..pathetic service ..my account got hacked and lost money ..bank has not even bothered to reply even after multiple complaints ..have lodged with ombudsman now ..least secure , pathetic service ..avoid at all cost

Fosseboy

FosseboyMandurah

Every year it doesn't get any better

I am preparing SMSF tax and I can complete all my information except from UBank - the online bank that isn't really online as I have had to order statements and now wait 2 days before I can complete our tax return.
We use NAB, Nabtrade and Rabo now as their websites are so good and I have printed off all the statements IMMEDIATELY.

TopicBusiness Banking

Terrible AVOID Ubank

I have been with ubank since its inception. Customer service is non existent nowadays. Ive just tried to have a mortgage discharged, they recieved the completed signed form then waited 4 days to respond and stated the 15 business days to action the discharge start today! - this puts the loan discharge days after settlement and will incur us great fees and penalties contractually from the purchaser of our property. Please do yourself a favour pay the extra $10 a week and go with a sensible bank. This is such a shame u bank was great once.

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application