UBank

UBank

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Biara W.

Biara W.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Terrible service

1. 6 weeks ago I verified my new address and phone number so that I could open a new account
2. Opened account and trasferred all of money there because I was told it would take a week for me to receive my card
3. They sent it to my old address
4. I cancelled the card and asked for it all to be sent to my new address
5. Card received 2 weeks ago
6. No pin code was sent
7. I called again asking for the pin, it's been now over a week and I have not received the pin code

Have had to call so many times. On hold for 30 minutes

Its archaic that UBank is relying on the postal system for this. Other banks let you change the pin online.

Julie Sevatina

Julie SevatinaCentral Queensland, QLD

Virtually no customer service

Applied to refinance, attached all personal documents for application and said wait 3-5 days for a call back. Three weeks later still nothing . There customer service line is literally a voice recording to say if it's not important hung up and speak to a bot online. This was unsuccessful.

Martin Rogers

Martin RogersSydney, NSW

Frustrating Hour

I have been with UBank for 5 years. I have an SMSF saver account. I just want to open up another account online but I get a technical server error box. I have just spent a super frustrating time failing to sort it out. I couldn't find a helpline number on the site so I had to google it. After waiting 15 mins (at 14.00 hrs they were unusually busy - really?) I hung up. I noticed that a chat box had popped up on the site. The guy was helpful but wanted to know all the details of the server error box which was now not available because I had logged out and logged in again. I could not replicate the error because another site error was preventing me ARRRRRRGGGGGH! I will just transfer all of my money to an acct I have with another bank

TopicNew Account

a very frustrating process dealing with UBank

I have been communicating with Ubank for refinancing one of my investment loan since Oct 2019 but there is no major progress in my application. It has been really a frustrating process dealing with UBank. Really not recommend to go with Ubank if you don't have enough patience.

WS

Martine Maurizio

Martine MaurizioGippsland, VIC

Customer service - on hold

I have been with UBank for about 2 years. On hold time more than 40 minutes, then they hang up without answering. There is no communication in recorded messages as to wait times. At least have a call back facility.

Tina

Tina

Non existent customer service

I have been with Ubank for about 2 years - the same amount of time I have been on hold on the phone. Terrible customer service by 12 year olds (it seems) who have absolutely no idea what they are doing. I'm out.

JamesB

JamesB

Applied to refinance with UBank, awful customer service

I attempted to refinance with UBank , customer service was awful and after 6 weeks they asked for more information that had nothing to do with the mortgage, never returned calls

Scribbler2530

Scribbler2530Sydney, NSW

Woeful - can't think of any reason to stay

Banked with ubank for 2+ years. Fixed dep & savings account. Tried to do a BPAY from a savings account and app won't let me. Can do a Transfer but not BPAY. Rather put your money in a shoebox under the bed. At least you get access to it when you need it

TopicGeneral Transactions

Went from great to terrible.

I joined Ubank when they first opened years ago. The customer service, rates and online banking used to be excellent, but it has all gone downhill. Recently I bought a house and had major problems transferring the deposit from my Ubank account into the agent's trust account. Everything was in place but Ubank was holding up the sale. I was furious. Despite calling them and reporting the IT issues with online banking, they were less than helpful. In the end I had to do it through my wife's account. Needless to say I will never bank with Ubank again. I have moved all my money to another bank that has good customer service and an online interface that actually works...! Be warned!

Yaqub K.

Yaqub K.Sydney, NSW

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

If, like myself you fall victim to the good rates this NAB outfit advertises then please learn from everyone else's mistakes and bank elsewhere. I've sadly banked with UBank for two years to earn bonus interest and take advantage of having a second account. I've learnt that customer service is non-existent, the platform is incredibly outdated and if you need to move money quick, just forget about it as they are still using outdated transfer methods which you would not believe!
Please avoid at all costs to avoid extra stress in your life. It's been a mission just closing my damn accounts!

Gabbar

GabbarSydney, NSW

Almost impossible to do business with

Unhappy Customer

Unhappy Customer

Outdated online platforms

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

Michelle

MichelleGippsland, VIC

Slow and painful.

The hold time is always extensive, email take excessive time to respond. Settlement process required contant follow up. Inexperienced staff. Inflexible, box tickers looking for any excuse to hold things up. Its like dealing with offshore call centre. When things are ticking along and you don't need assistance its fine, rates are competitive but other than that they are hard work. Was with them for 5 years, I have 20plus years in finance and the service is appalling.

Greg

GregSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great rates Below Average Service

We were attracted to their rates and wanted to refinance. We then applied online for Home Loan and gave all information. Loan Manager then asked for information to be repeated, failed to contact on time arranged and failed to send emails. Contact was staggered and despite holding email address on file failed to send promised emails twice. Overall they are reliable with automated products; people skills below average.

Chris

ChrisHunter Region, NSW

Had no problems at all

I had a home loan with this bank for over 5 years and honestly cant understand all the negative feedback on here! The interest rate was great and most of the time they passed on the banks interest cuts in full.
We found transferring to Ubank from our previous lender a breeze.
Small negative was that some, not all, customer service agents were a bit lacking in their knowledge.
The only reason we have recently left them is because we needed a construction loan and they don't do them.
They did take 4 weeks to settle but it was painless and 2 weeks later they sent us money that we had overpaid.
If they did construction loans we would still be with UBank.

Need to vent or complime

Need to vent or complimeKillara

Poor customer service

We were lucky to be able to pay back our mortgage, but it has turned out to be a major nightmare: First they referred us to their partner MSA for settlement of the mortgage. MSA charged us for them to release the papers. After calling and emailing and googling, I found that they were not supposed to charge us. It took us more than 1 month go get that money back. Now more than 2 month after the mortgage was paid off, and another 20 phone calls, they still did not finalize the mortgage on their systems, and have not paid out the balance in our favour. Every time they promise to call us back, which they never do. I am a step away from dragging them to the courts of small claims.

Communication nightmare

Have tried to open this ultra transaction account for 4 weeks now. Long story short after numerous emails (to which no-one ever responds), phone calls and online chats I am so annoyed that I am giving up. Honestly never have received such poor service anywhere.

Anna

AnnaSydney, NSW

Poor app functionality

The app is not user-friendly and can sometimes be buggy. It is very slow and sometimes can crush - a major overlook for an online-only bank! It doesn't offer much functionality either.

Luke

LukePerth, WA

Give me my money back

TopicGeneral Transactions

Thinking UBank? Do a U turn fast!

In 2013 I decided to put in a lump sum from my SMF, chasing best interest. Identity check required a trip to Post Office with relevant documentation. That done sat back and enjoyed the compound interest. Almost no contact with U Bank other than annual renewal letter. Do nothing and it rolls over. Then I decided to move my loan out on maturity. Turns out to be almost impossible. They simply invent excuse after excuse to stop you. After 2 months of trying, still no result. Their systems are very poor and there is no customer service. You phone them. They do nothing.

TopicBusiness Banking