ztt

zttGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Robochat total waste of time

Tried to make an application for loan talking to their robot. What a waste of time. No flexibility.
Set rules and questions that lead to dead end.
No wonder the rates look attractive.

Anne S.

Anne S.Sydney, NSW

Worst banking process

Appalling policies and customer service. I changed my mobile number and had to ring to change the number. The main 2 ways to change my number is to either text or call the number on file which of course was disconnected. The only other way was the antiquated way of posting me out a verification number. What an absolute joke - So they save money on being an online bank only but I still can't change my mobile number by logging onto my account and have a backward policy of manual intervention by slow Australia Post. I am closing my account and never dealing with UBank or it's parent ever again.

SN R.

SN R.Canberra 2600, ACT

EFT funds take 3 to 5 business days to clear

I am a relatively new customer of UBank. I recently closed a Nab term deposit and directed the funds to UBank. What a mistake that was! Even though the funds came from Nab by EFT, it takes 3 to 5 business days to clear. I can't even transfer the funds between my USave and USpend accounts. I am astounded by this. Other banks can manage Osko and instant clearance, but UBank, an online bank, can't. I'll be moving my money to a 21st century bank! If it ever clears, that is!

TopicGeneral Transactions

Jason

JasonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst Banking Experience in my life

I have been trying to discharge my Home Loan with UBank as I am not happy with their service/website/phone app. I sent in discharge form with no reply for 9 business days to be told they had received it and would then action it within the next 15 business days. Settlement of the loan can then take up to 30 business days which will total 54 business days from when I emailed UBank with discharge form. Their rates are not cheap and their service is unsatisfactory. And then will not release the loan so you can move on. Steer clear.

Lizzie

Lizzie

Avoid UBank if you are buying a property

When I called the bank to organise the transfer of my savings to another account so I could put a deposit on a house, I was told I could only transfer $20K per day and couldn't increase this. I lost out on buying my dream home because I couldn't get the funds to the vendor in time. Absolutely nonsensical way of banking. I would definitely not recommend UBank to anyone for this reason.

Bogdan P.Perth, WA

Avoid UBank - terrible

Adi R.UBank

Hi Bogdan, would you mind private messaging us your full name and best contact so a member of our complaints team can look into this further for you?

Complaint Ref 488494-575613643.
Escalated with the Australian Financial Complaint Authority, as instructed by your internal complaints staff.

Graham O.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Crappy software maybe.

Yesterday I paid a bill for a bit over $3000 that seemed to go through without a problem. This morning I got a message saying there is a problem and I have to sign in to find out what it is. The transaction was rejected because I've exceeded my daily maximum transfer amount. This is absolute rubbish because my maximum daily limit is $20,000. You then wonder how safe your money really is if they can't get something this simple correct.

Graham O.

I received a reply that is rubbish so I'm now considering a complaint to the Ombudsman.

Peter

PeterSydney

From being great to be a joke, would recommend them, but without high expectations.

After few years of very good relationship, with a last small issue and very incompetent customer service as well as run around we have been given without straight answer as well they locked one family member account, we will be moving our savings elsewhere in February.

Shame on UBank and NAB for such rapid deterioration of the service.

Look elsewhere as customer service is a joke these days.

After complaining via secure mail within internet banking manager was able to resolve the issue created by front line customer service staff. In our opinion the issue should never been an issue if the staff was trained better.

Do NOT bank with this bank. RUN!

TopicGeneral Transactions
Adi R.UBank

Hi Doreen, we're sorry that you've had this experience. Would you private message us your full name and best contact number and we'll have one of our team look into what's going on and give you a call?

Jess W

Jess WCanberra

Worst customer service

I have tried calling numerous occasions and have been on hold each time without anyone picking up. I have also sent secure mail through my online account with no response either. This is getting ridiculous. I need to restructure my loan and they are making it so difficult. I am really appalled by their customer service.

Simone D.

Simone D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst bank to ever deal with

This bank is absolutely ridiculous not releasing peoples funds. App not working correctly the customer service is atrocious!!! Got you running around in circles for weeks and weeks trying to get you to access your own money and still unable to access your money! save your self the hassle DO NOT go with this bank!!!!!!

Adi R.UBank

Hi Simone, we're sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing your funds. Can you private message your full name and a contact number and we'll have one of our team call you to assist?

Viola

ViolaSydney, NSW

Self Manage Super Fund

I open SMSF Term Deposit account in 28 of April2020. This online bank it's a joke. Customer service not had enough training. I would like to move our money from Ubank ASAP

Adi R.UBank

Hi Viola, would you mind sending us your name and contact details via private message so one of the team can give you a call and assist?

C. Hutchinson

C. HutchinsonPerth, WA

Worst experience I have had with any company.

JaneNorth Queensland, QLD

Stronger security needed for Aussie banks

18/12/20, Commonwealth and Suncorp allowed $40,000 to be stolen. Telstra gave criminals my phone sim and my email password on poor security, allowing new passwords and codes to be accessible.

Jen

JenPerth, WA

How can you call yourself a digital bank?

I should be able to change basic details like my mobile number or address without having to go into a post office. I don't understand how you can call yourselves a competitive, digital bank.

It's not unheard of that people move overseas, change their phone numbers and lose their old address. Surely it's less secure that you're using an old number or old address for me?

When I'm finally able to change all my details with you (after MONTHS of trying), I will be closing down my UBank account, and telling everyone I know to never bank with you.

Marcela Caroline B.

Marcela Caroline B.South East Queensland, QLD

All the issues happen in my bank account

Do not join this bank

This bank has incredibly inpractical process for identification and make it very difficult to withdraw funds when required. I had a change of phone number and before I am able to access my funds I need to print a form, take it to a post office, send it to them and wait ten days. I have not experienced any other bank to have such painful processes. I will be closing my account with them as soon as I am able to withdraw my funds and will take my business to a bank that is of the times!

Langer

LangerTweed Heads, New South Wales

The Absolute Worst Website In History! Well Done NAB!

if website times out because you went away from your computer good luck getting back in, you are just sent on a never ending revolving door of : timed out! messages forever unless you clear your history. options such as payees, payments, etc and another dozen features no longer exist unless you are using iOs or laptop. forever down for maintenance. It is the frickin worst ever!

Bill G.Perth, WA

Customer service is apparently not important

Been with Ubank for a number of years, generally ok but not sure how often contacted them over phone. Recently tried to phone in reply to a letter asking me to contact them ASAP. First try waited about 30 minutes all the time listening to a message -hold the line and we will be with you SHORTLY -. Second attempt 15 minutes with the same message. If you say someone will be with you shortly then honour that so people can move on with their day. If you can not honour it then dont say it. Get a system that informs customer of the true situation.

Bill G.

thank you for the followup. i would suggest in future when who ever penned the letter also give some planning thoughts to the consequences.

SSG

SSGGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fast Payments - Outbound

Thanks for your reply. But will Fast payments (both inbound and outbound) be activated on my mortgage account or only on the savings account? Right now all my redraws go to my designated account. Thank you

Adi R.UBank

Hi SGG, Fast payments will only be available on USave and USpend accounts. Mortgage accounts will still be on DE payments for the foreseeable future.

John Tasked

How do I contact ubank about my term deposit? If I login and use their messaging system they do not respond and if i try to phone them I give up after 15 minutes.
I have learnt by chance they don't send letters anymore so how do we communicate?

Adi R.UBank

Hi John, you can contact the UBank team via secure mail when you log into your Internet Banking account, via the phone (I understand sometimes wait times are higher than we would like), via LiveChat on the website and social media. I can also try and help you with your Term Deposit enquiry here. Are you wanting to opt back in for paper statements?

Here's a guide on how to do that:
You can change delivery options for your Term Deposit communications.

Log in to ubank.com.au/login on your desktop
Select Admin
Select Account options

Select “Online only” or “Online & Post” statement delivery option on each account
Accept terms and conditions and click save and Ok

If your enquiry is something account specific, unfortunately due to security reasons, I can't assist you here and need to direct you to the above channels. Alternately, send me your contact details and I'll have a member of the team contact you.

John Tasked

I have a term deposit with you and always receive a letter at the end of the term showing details if I rollover. A term finished in January but no letter. I have sent several messages about this on your secure mail but no response. What is going on?
John Taylor

Adi R.UBank

Hi John, can you please private message your full name and contact details and we'll have a member of the team get in touch. We're switching our Term Deposit communications to paperless (via email) but you should have received correspondence outlining how to opt back in for paper statements. A member of the team will be able to assist you with doing this.

How do I private message you? Who are you>

Graham O.

John it is Ubank. Log in and you can message them there.

jakey39

jakey39asked

Dear UBank, you sell yourselves as the only bank you will ever need. Yet basic features that are standard with ur competitors simply aren’t available and there seems to be no indication when they will be available.
Pls provide an update as to when Osko and PayID will be implemented

Get an answer from our members and UBank representatives