UBank

UBank

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Do not sign up unless you are an Australian Citizen with all your documents lined up from A to Z

I signed up to this bank with my partner, who is a permanent resident but not a citizen. As he is unable to provide Australian issued documents (despite permanent VISA, foreign passport, valid foreign driver's license etc), the only way to verify his identity is to spend more money organising government issued IDs that are NOT needed outside of this application. On top of this, you are able to transfer money into the account (which I did), but you can't move money out or create additional accounts until he is verified. Which means we have an account that is LOCKED, with our money. And the only to get it out is to spend money on additional IDs for him, then use that ID to verify the Ubank identity hoop. You are unable to cancel, nor use your account, you can move money in but you can't move money out (which is truly just deception and theft at its finest). None of that is made clear enough in my opinion. The inability to cancel or do anything to the account until both parties who signed up are verified. And unless you are Australian with a history in Australia, the requirements for the 'government issued' documents are hard to meet. Customer service was nice though, if you exclude the 30 minute waiting to be connected and the fact that my issues were not resolved.

Worst Bank ever

8weeks
Atrocious and you try to call somebody and you never get through your on hold hours
I should have known not come anywhere close to this bank as they are owned by NAB also as useless as this bank.

Worse Customer Service, even for online

Have been with the bank for 3 months for the interest rate. Have not been able to log in via my PC so tried everything possible. Called their phone and was hold for over 30 mins and decided to get off. if in emergency you need to call them, you can forget about that. Respond to secure mail is as bad.
Also just found they Okso payments goes to their account in 3 days not instantly and they don't do Osko payments from their account too. So if need to transfer fund urgently to another account - forget about it.
taking my funds out.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

worst company and service experienced in my life

Been at this bank for a long time only on paper. I decided not to progress with a fully ID account yet the bank has kept my personal information. The customer service I spoke today "Rudy" if that is even his real name said I can't delete my account for security and privacy reasons without either uploading certified government documents or that they could send me a code to the post office, They only send sms's to reset a log in password not to your email address as I was trying to have done. I asked Rudy to connect me with a manager. He said "I can't. They're all overseas." I said "are you overseas?". His reply "no ma'm I'm in NSW". I asked to speak to his supervisor. He said "all the managers are in a meeting:". Oh really. So they're not overseas or they are? He hung up on me when I requested a reference number or employee number for my call today at 11.53 6th September 2019. I have a hunch they might share our personal information with other partners. Do NOT give this bank your personal ID info.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Inept on so many levels.

All the negative reviews are true people. Believe me. I have been with them less than a week and they are simply the worst bank I have ever had the displeasure of doing business with. Opened a USaver and UUltra account, realised it wasn't for me so requested both accounts be closed. This was on Wednesday. It is now Friday and one of the accounts remains open even though I was assured in 2 seperate recorded phone calls that they would be closed that day. Hold times on the phone are ridiculous.

I will never be using UBank again, nor their parent bank the NAB for that matter.

Best home loan

i have been with Ubank for 3 years now. and from my experience it would have to be the best home loan on the market. so far all rate cut's in full. the ability to pay extra payments and redraw. the self managed web experience is second to none. i am a proud Ubank customer and i hope U bank continues this product for many years to come. Ubank you have blessed my family, we can not express how much apart of our life you have made easier for us.

Beware - the worst bank ever. Official complaint lodged. Zero stars.

I've actually lodged a complaint with the Financial Services Ombudsman about Ubank. Outcome pending. Ubank advertised a term deposit for a different rate than what I actually got. I've got it all in writing too. Be very careful because they try to rip you off and they have the worst customer service ever. Back to ING Direct for me.

Awsome Rate.....but Terrible Customer Service.

Worst customer service experienced in the last 5 years......
Good rates, but if you have any problems, you are gone!
You would be lucky if you could get thru the Cutomer Care number which is 133080!
Have our online login locked out, done all id checks, and promised to sort everything very shortly,
but after 1 month, no response....Cannot login to our bank.
Though rate is good, will have to think seriously before take any offers from UBank.
I hope APRA will take some consideration on customer feedbacks!

Review TypeGeneral Transactions
Thanks....I had call from U bank just now and my issues been sorted out.....

Dont even bother calling unless you want wait forever

Called and was only given the one option for home loan and waited 34 min on the phone only to be told that they have to put me onto a diff department for refinancing then she hung up transferring me.

Dont bother

Review TypeLoan Application

Terrible (non-existent) customer service

For a bank that claims to pass savings on to their customers because they are an online bank, they should spend more money on people who actually answer the phone.

I have had a home loan with UBank for 2 years and have tried unsuccessfully many times today to get through to them about an urgent matter. They are offering zero customer service. And to make a complaint you have to phone them!

Woeful

- 10+ years, and 10 years too long
- Phone call assistance? Forget it, you'll be waiting for 90+minutes
- Exceptionally unreliable - website is soooo buggy that it's an embarrassment. How's this classic that's been around for, say about 6+ years:
1/ login to summary
2/ on Summary goto an account eg Ultra Debit and scroll downward to view [Insights]
3/ click on bottom right-hand-corner link [view details]
4/ click on the [Income & Expenses] tab
5/ click on the bottom right-hand corner link [Re-categorise transactions]
6/ scroll to the transaction list below the graph
7/ choose any transaction and attempt to update the [Category] by selecting a value other than which is present eg: change the value to "clothing"
8/ BOOM!

"We know this isn't ideal and we're working fast to fix it"
WOW, they've been working hard to fix it for the last 6+ years eh?

Know this; I have wasted too many hours of my time showing them corkers like this one right throughout their website. I have now finally begun to extricate myself from this joke of a service and I'm nearly free and happy to be with CUA.

Don't even get me started on their mobile app - HAH

Having some interest in why these Melons can't get it together can be found here:

Oracle! - ubank execs are truly numpties using a "packages" provided by Oracle.

FAIL.

Review TypeATM Experience, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Long wait times for calls. Terrible service.

I’ve been with UBank for almost a year, using a savings account. I found the app easy to use and started collecting money in my savings and all seemed fine until I wanted to take the money out.
I spent 44 minutes on the phone with them (38 of those minutes I was on hold waiting to talk to someone). The app wasn’t giving me the option to transfer the money out. Turns out my husband never put his details in (joint account) and the account isn’t able to be used as normal.
They then told me my details also have not been verified. They said log on and check the status. It doesn’t show on the app. Logged on using my phone browser. It doesn’t show using a phone. I need to use a laptop or computer, which I don’t have. Now my money is stuck in there until I can access a computer.
Once I have this fixed up I won’t be using them again.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Website is atrocious, rates are good

Needed to order an account statement to verify my account balance. Tried doing this using online system, had to make a request which was supposed to take 48 hours but never arrived. Ended up having to call customer service, wait time was over 20 minutes and the issue was not easily resolved. With Ubank you get good rates, but at the expense of customer service and well designed online systems.

Call service

The most awful call experience that I've ever had with a bank. They not only don't answer their call but also don't answer email and if they answer, they answer in a way that it's like people's problem not their business.

Service = Zero

Term deposit rolled over at a rate below published rates. Six phone calls and three emails trying to sort this out all went unanswered. Solution is to push button for lost credit card and speak to a real person. Everyone should do this and then take your business elsewhere.

August 8th 2019 Update: Service = Zero Part 2

So, we spoke to a real person who had the ability to read from a script but couldn't answer questions that varied from the script.
Fundamental waste of time and oh soooo frustrating.
Term Deposit terminated, UBank deleted from Xmas card list!!
Guess you can sense they win, we lose. That's usual with banks.

Good intentions but terrible service

4 months since I brought all my money over. Still haven't got the interest they advertised as they keep withholding it for tax, even though they have my ABN. If it didn't take 30-45 minutes to get through to someone to try fix it, it might not be so bad. Then they cannot fix the issue and ask you to call them back - yeah right!! We're off!

Home Loan Interest Rate Brilliant. Customer Service Terrible.

I have had a principle and interest variable rate home loan with UBank for about 12 months. The interest rate is fantastic, 3.19% at the time of writing this review. However, my customer service experience with UBank has been terrible. I applied for an increase to my home loan to pay for a bathroom renovation. I should have received a call from UBank about my application about 2 business days later, but it has now been over 5. I tried to call UBank about the application about 4 times but no response after about 20 minutes each time. The only time I got through to UBank about the application to confirm the form to submit I waited on hold for 1 hour 20 minutes. I have just tried to contact UBank via secure mail but cannot log into my account. It appears that UBank's online banking site is down.

Review TypeLoan Application

Recommended

Ubank has some of the best interest rates and they came through on a dispute I had with a seller that tried to rob me. The debit card also works very well and functions just like any other. Highly recommended if all you need is high interest savings and fundamental needs. If you are someone that loses your card often and can't wait on the phone for 30 minutes than go elsewhere. It is an online bank and staff is kept to a minimum to provide the best rates.

Try for yourself ... and switch back to ING

Firstly, I review on merit and give credit where credit is due. No credit for UBank. Firstly a call to customer service is between 30 mins to an hour. Secondly, they make you go to a post office to submit forms if they need to confirm your identity. Next, the interest isn’t much better than ING and ING don’t do the annoying sweep that UBank does which you can’t opt out of. Before you choose UBank, decide if the 2.41% interest rate is really 2.51 when your money is constantly being moved around between your transaction account (that doesn’t earn interest) and your savings account.

Terrible customer service

A few days. NO, the bank is not reliable, customer service is atrocious.
Just joined, transferred but no money showed up.
Called them, no response after waiting 20 minutes.
Terrible bank