UBank

• Topics
    • General Transactions (45)
    • Loan Application (34)
    • New Account (25)
    • ATM Experience (3)
    • Business Banking (3)
    • Credit Card Application (1)

Fosseboy

FosseboyMandurah

Every year it doesn't get any better

I am preparing SMSF tax and I can complete all my information except from UBank - the online bank that isn't really online as I have had to order statements and now wait 2 days before I can complete our tax return.
We use NAB, Nabtrade and Rabo now as their websites are so good and I have printed off all the statements IMMEDIATELY.

TopicBusiness Banking

Terrible AVOID Ubank

I have been with ubank since its inception. Customer service is non existent nowadays. Ive just tried to have a mortgage discharged, they recieved the completed signed form then waited 4 days to respond and stated the 15 business days to action the discharge start today! - this puts the loan discharge days after settlement and will incur us great fees and penalties contractually from the purchaser of our property. Please do yourself a favour pay the extra $10 a week and go with a sensible bank. This is such a shame u bank was great once.

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application
Jonathan

JonathanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Just use a mortgage broker and go elsewhere

liq

liqGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

terrible serives

I with this bank few years, and knew their service no very good, but this time even worse. when you do transform money, they will send SMS code to you, but can't receive any more. contact 4 time still no solve. tell me need waiting. write email never back to you.

Aundre L.

Aundre L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cannot reset Debit card pin -Stupid management and policies

If you need debit card pin reset the call center or online cannot do it and only way is to wait till they post it to you a few days. So if you an emergency, there is no way to withdraw cash from ATM. Are UBank management that silly and idiotic to not think this? All other bank have this sorted. Worst bank I’m closing my account!!

TopicATM Experience and General Transactions

Liz

LizSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not trustworthy

I tried opening the account as recommended by [Name Removed]. As I was checking if all my personal details were correct it said "Session Timed Out". Went to chat straight & consultant couldn't help. Then called customer complaints line and the consultant was rude. I explained what happened and asked where had all my personal info gone. He said couldn't see anything and I should try again. I didn't believe that - I'm sure they have all my personal info in their system.

unimpressed

unimpressedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Awful, have now sent out incorrect loan documents twice

Awful experience, applying for a new loan. ubank has now sent out my loan contract for a new mortgage twice with incorrect details on it, the first contract was for a fixed rate when I was after variable, now the second contract still has references to fixed rates (including fees being charged for the fixed rate and fees for valuations, even though ubank tell me there are no fees). Additionally they're asking for buildings insurance equal to the cover amount. They don't seem to understand that the cost to rebuild a house is probably different to the mortgage amount.

TopicLoan Application and New Account

Cannot trust this bank

Cannot trust this bank. holding my own saved money for more than 5 days just because we failed to give them the security answers in 1 go (no alternative option) and no appropriate reply from the bank. We have to go to post office to do our identity check and the whole process is absolutely time consuming. If you are planning to open the bank account for savings purposes - bad idea. Stay away from them.

TopicATM Experience and General Transactions
Dawkaw

Dawkaw

Apparently my voice sounded younger than my 71 years, so would not deal with me

Rick

RickSydney, nsw

Ok if you are not in a hurray & OK with being frustrated

MrDog

MrDogGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good interest but very unreliable web site

Been using them for a long time as the interest rate is better than most other banks.
But hard to keep track of with the two accounts - why so complex?
And I reckon at least 50% of the time when I go to check my account the website is down

Kaysey

KayseySouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor online ability to login

I like everything about this online bank. We joined after reading Scot Pape's Barefoot Investor. It was good we accrued money we probably wouldn't have. BUT it is so frustrating when I try to logon and it says "Session timed out" and i haven't even logged in. Or it not available! Do they constantly have to shut down because of cyber security threats?

Aaron U

Aaron USouth East Queensland, QLD

Ubank - are you reviewing these comments.

I recently refinanced my home loan to UBank, as they do offer an attractive rates!

But the customer service....seriously....how bad can you get? From start to finish, I was constantly chasing them up at each step to find out what was happening and to keep the process moving. I couldn't reach the right person most times and they never called back? Eventually got there in the end, but it took way too long, particularly the settlement phase. Even now, they do things that completely frustrate me, like simply trying to cancel a direct debit that is superseded by a pay credit.

Calling on all Ubank bosses, start contacting customers and seek honest feedback. It might not be pretty, but at least then you can fix it.

Narni L.

Narni L.Gippsland, VIC

Stay away...far far away

Have been trying for two months to get access to my accounts after changing my mobile number. It’s like I’m playing a game where the prize is access to my own money. What kind of bank only has one method of updating personal information. My money won’t be there once I’ve finally got access to it again.

Just don't bother

I changed my mobile number about a couple of years ago and wanted to move my money out, however, the account has been made inactive and the pain to activate it is just ridiculous as it's all done via the POST system and you can't see any one. Go to a bricks and mortar bank.

Elizabeth Tachjian

Elizabeth TachjianGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

organised phone call appointment yet never call 3 times - useless

Ubank made many appointments to call me yet never called. Inconsiderate and unprofessional. Wasting my time. Ubank is owned by NAB so of course, they are behaving as NAB would.

JamesB

JamesB

Worst bank experience ever

Applied to transfer existing home loan from another bank where I had been banking for 10 years, after supplying all my paperwork and more information then was required they rejected the application for no reason took them 3 months to sort nothing out

Machida

MachidaWestern Australia

Just good for home loan rate

TopicLoan Application and New Account

Jim

JimPerth

Worst Online Bank I've Ever Dealt With

I recently tried to sign up for a USaver account and accidentally put in one wrong digit on my mobile number. Rang customer service (took 10 minutes to answer) and was told I'd have to wait another 3-5 days to have a verification letter sent via mail just to sort out a simple problem. So I literally can't access my account until I get the SMS for a temp password to login. Why can't I register a password during the application process like every other website in existence? Imagine what UBank would be like in a crisis situation. Avoid at ALL costs, not worth the higher interest rate.

Poor communication and careless

I was attracted to the home loan rates and decided to go for pre-approval. The process was painful and sometimes I felt they took longer than usual time to do something like credit check even though it was couple borrowing the loan with no previous loan and more than average market income and asking for 75% loan. Apparently they forgot to extend my conditional approval and day after expiry they sent an apology email asking they cant do extension and expect a new application and credit check. Decided not to pursue them. Poor customer management I would say.