UBank UHomeLoan

Application Process
Laura C.South East Queensland, QLD

Zero Stars - Appalling service

Adi R.UBank

I hear your frustration and wold like to help. I can have this escalated to ensure a manager gets back in touch. Please send me your details via private message and I'll organise this for you. ^Adi

Vijaya
Vijaya

Website fail!

The website fails after completing the application form and hit submit. You have to restart the application process again, and then to be presented with an website error when I hit submit button. The cycle repeats. Finally, I gave up. No one is available to talk on phone. No one will call you. They don't even capture a lead and follow up. Don't bother!

Adi R.UBank

Hi Vijaya, thank you for letting us know and thank you for your patience. This definitely shouldn't have occurred. I'd like to have this looked into. Can you please send us a private message with your details and we'll assist you further. ^Adi

Find out how UBank UHomeLoan compares to other Home Loans

Low rates and that’s about it.

Tony
TonyPerth, WA

I wish there was a Zero star option

Rates looked attractive, so applied for refinance. Took them 1 MONTH for a phone appointment and they didn't call on the day. Got a call a few days later for a reschedule, they even didn't bother saying why they didn't call and no apologies. Apparantly staff are very demotivated and often incompetent. I made the mistake of progressing my application for a few weeks, but decided to stop. They are nonresponsive and act like robots. I think NAB has set Ubank up to show everyone what a low rate loan experience will look like. Welldone NAB, mission accomplished. And finally a message to the Ubank bot who is going to ask for my details to get in touch... don't bother.

Adi R.UBank

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
FirstHomeBuyerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Zero stars - Horrendous service and incompetent staff

Home loan specialist was unbelievably incompetent and absent during what is obviously an urgent and stressful process for the customer. Hotline consultants were useless in providing further assistance and addressing formal complaints. Management was equally indifferent and non-responsive in dealing with the issue, so no wonder their staff are the absolute worst. Just proves the business has no accountability and does not value customers at all. Do not use this bank, unless you want to end up punching a wall. Never mind the low interest rate promise, everything else about them is a joke. Beyond pathetic.

FirstHomeBuyer

No, UBank Bot, I have already provided my feedback to your peers several times and it was definitely not addressed accordingly.

DNB
DNBGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ridiculous servicing and affordability assessment

Thought I might refinance a current investment loan. Had to wait weeks for an assessment call. That call and subsequent follow up were appalling. No real understanding of anything other than a straight forward situation, just fill in a spreadsheet and say NO. No capacity to explain the spreadsheet. Deducted 100% of household costs from my own income,....why when I have a highly remunerated partner who bears their share of costs ?? Complete waste of time. I know I can afford the loan many times over, I am not fooling myself as I am an accountant.. The review by a more senior person was just as woeful. I actually asked them whether they made any loans, but I guess they must. I would suggest you avoid UBank for a loan .

shwellGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can't get any worse... oh yes it can

I lost my job so trying to reduce rates. Trying to update a phone number to an existing loan, filled in the form, waiting the 7 days required but no... wait.... there's more. The form wasn't the right one. No one can help. UBank is the worst of the worst of the worst.

shwell

Garbage, the front of house can NEVER help and the back of house are NEVER there.

shwell

And now... they have to validate that the certified copy was done by the local chemist! They NEVER tell you this up front, they always look for excuses to prolong EVERYTHING

CBC
CBCSydney, NSW

Bad Response Times

Wanted to know my borrowing capacity and the earliest time I could book a call was a week later. On the day of the booking I waited for a call but nothing came through. I checked my emails only to find that they needed to reschedule my meeting another 2 weeks because they were all booked out. Don't wait.

I'd give them ZERO, If zero stars was allowed

Rachel L.
Rachel L.

A bit hard to contact but good rates

Could be hard to contact Ubank but got it sorted in the end. The interest rates are good. The website is easy to follow and the application process reasonably easy.

Adi R.UBank

Thanks Rachel, we're happy to hear you're all sorted and we've passed on your feedback to improve the process for next time!

Latte
LatteGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So far so good

Approving the loan & paperwork takes a bit longer and a bit tedious process. However good customer service & friendly from UBank. Their mortgage manage by different organisation which makes transfer of money & any changes to homeloan takes longer but they do provide the cheapest interest rates so that I cannot complain. So overall I would say it’s so far been good & hopefully be the same in future. There I would recommend this product to everyone!

Alexey Y.
Alexey Y.South East Queensland, QLD

Great product and great bank

I have been with Ubank for several years. I am happy with their competitive home loan rates, with the quality of their support and with the website. I have not had any issues with them.
The support team is easy to get in touch with by making a call or by using a chat option on their website.
I have recommended Ubank home loan to my friends, and I plan to stay with them until the end of my mortgage.

Adi R.UBank

Thanks Alexey! We're really happy to hear you're having a great experience with UBank!

disappointed
disappointedSydney, NSW

Waste of time

Terrible process and poor customer service - very frustrating and a waste of time in the end. Worth choosing any other lender that knows how to process a home loan and replies to your phone calls and emails.

SMA
SMASydney, NSW

Think twice. Interest rate is good but you'll spend your time monitoring your accounts and chasing your money.

Read more reviews - page 2

Bear
Bearasked

I got a contract from them saying that I had to pay their solicitors fees for attending settlement. Same if I leave them. They did not give a value for this fee. Did anyone else have this clause in their contract? If so how much did it cost? It seems they lie in their advertisement because they said no settlement or discharge fees but here we are. I don't want to sign a document that has an undisclosed fee associated with it. Does anyone have experience with this?

hsk8787
hsk8787

I cant recall as mine was done 3 years ago, but thst doenst sound right. How can they not know what the solicitor fees will be? I’ve had issues with ubanks inconsistency in what they say and i’ve moved my business because i got fed up with it.

Jake Elwood
Jake Elwood

Was the solicitors fees situation clarified?

Curious Customer
Curious Customerasked

I'm wondering if anyone, who has had a bad experience with Ubank, has taken their complaint to the Banking Ombudsman?

I was considering refinancing with Ubank but then read all the negative reviews on this page. I'm doing my research as to who to refinance with and the above reviews are mostly negative - so it leaves me feeling less than confident that moving to Ubank would be a good idea.

TrevorPetrie
TrevorPetrie

In our case, we were already moving to another institution anyway because we wanted to be able to visit a branch. We had no problems before we tried to leave and didn't see much value in pursuing the matter further, it only would have cause us further unnecessary stress. If we were currently looking to refinance to a similar product, we'd definitely be looking for a bank or similar with at least a handful of branches.

productfind
productfind

That was going to be my next step if U Bank did not sort out the problems in time, I found out the the mix up was mainly to do with Advantage who are the lenders; as it has all been sorted I have no need to report to the Banking Ombudsman, but there is clearly an issue with "time" and documents not turning up, I think if anyone has had issues that were not resolved they should report it.

Brendan
Brendan

good question curious customer - we are encountering extraordinary obfuscation in an otherwise simple re-finance (with about 80% equity) - CBA have come close to matching their best price & I'm not proud to say it but I'm keeping the process bubbling along for a bit of sport to see how **cked they are !!

Dave
Daveasked

Why my variable Uhomeloan rate increased to 4.51% when current variable rate is only 3.99% ? (16/09/15)

TAK
TAK

I saw they are offering a discount on their regular rate taking rate to as low as 3.99%. May be you have got the loan settled before the discount offer was in effect. Normally new offers don't apply to previously settled loans. Or may you can call them and negotiate?

Get an answer from our members and UBank representatives