Uniti Wireless

Uniti Wireless

NBN 25, NBN 50 and NBN 100

Product recall not managed well

Unfortunately some of the Uniti boosters have been recalled and the recall process has been difficult, to the point where I am considering taking my chances with the potentially faulty device. The options for returning the item include buying a box yourself, providing the box dimensions to someone via ema who will then generate a label for you to print out. Then a trip to the Post Office. Or dropping off the unit to a depot that is many suburbs from where you live. Either way, you are out of pocket and then have to wait an unspecified amount of time to receive a replacement unit. So to sum up: some out of pocket expenses, a limited internet service in the house due to no booster, and then no timeframe for getting a new one. All after paying $199 for the booster and of course the monthly data package. Uniti, you could learn some lessons in customer service from Amazon.

Data TypeUnlimited Data

Used to be good but got burned

Service was actually good, was on a 50/10 plan, 2 year contract and recommending to friends and family. Would have tied m over nicely to NBN rollout in my area but 6 months in I received a disconnecton notice because the tower I was connected to is getting demolished. No other options provided, refused to reimburse any of the $1200 I paid to remove trees to get the connection in the first place. no contribution to another connection or offer of another service, just "sorry, you are on your own".

Start DateSeptember 2017

Was a 5* now a 1*

I was on board with Uniti and recommending it to friends, family etc for over a year. In the last 3 months there has been a HUGE decrease in customer service and customer care. No support after 10pm is ridiculous for starters and no responses to emails or support on chat - and now no Facebook support. Gone downhill big time :(

Start DateFebruary 2017

Well Done!

99% of the time up on the connection. Speeds are even more then i pay for (50/20) getting around 52-3/21 with only paying $79/m no lock in contract. I was lucky enough to find this deal in the time frame as they have jacked up the price since, currently around $94/m. Only downfall i have is that it cost nearly an arm and a leg to pay for the Antenna install as i'm on the No Contract. They respond to calls on time and resolve if any issues ASAP. Highly Regard

I just cant get 100/40 ATM due to being away from the Transmitter to far.

Start DateMarch 2018

Hopeless - unreliable

Short and to the point

Great idea - HOWEVER - completely unreliable service, weekly reboots and calls to customer support, weeks to diagnose and repair hardware faults while you have no internet connection at all - Weeks with not internet!!!

If you don't want to waste hours of your week working out why you have NO internet - Don't use!!

Received a credit for a month due to my complaints. Covers the cost of stan, netflix and frustration. Will keep you posted for April/May 2019

Start DateDecember 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Sensational service, mission accomplished!!!

I live in a warehouse, where access to "anything" is almost impossible. My previous internet supplier was non existant, and a neighbour recommended me Uniti. They were professional, prompt and attempted every avenue to get their job done. I now have a working (100%) internet, and all thanks to Uniti. Well done, boys!!! Thankyou.

Data TypeUnlimited Data

Good sign up, good price, unlimited download, reliable connection at advertised speed

At signup there was some inconsistency as to whether I would be able to get a good connection, but on persevering I had solid help from customer service, and the map indicated I could get line of sight.
Installation of the small dish took 2 weeks. The installers checked that my connection would achieve the 50MB/sec. Smooth going from there. I had a bit of a glitch my end (think it was my fault setting up the router) and they thoroughly tested and gave me a free month!
If you are just making a wired connection to your computer you don't need a router as its modulated at the dish. Obviously if you need wifi in your place you will need a router. I bought an excellent cheap one from aliexpress. Much cheaper than the Uniti routers on offer.
I check my speed intermittently and I'm always ABOVE the 50 I pay for and that is at peak hours too. Pay the same as I paid at Internode for 6 times faster. I'm close to city but NBN still about a year away, and NBN sounds like a nightmare.
Very much recommended

Data TypeUnlimited Data

My life is now complete!

Before Uniti, my internet was slow, always cutting in and out, picture quality on video streams was poor, life was frustrating, and it was only me and my wife, ever since we joined Uniti, it's all systems go, fast internet, no interruptions, reliable, highly recommend the switch.

Data TypeUnlimited Data

Update: Speeds are great now (Previously: Speeds are choppy. 50 one sec and 4mbps next)

Update:
Speeds are great now, and they have moved to a different payment provider which makes sure they don't double charge on invoice payment.

Previously:
Other than the fact that their payment screen froze and charged me twice (currently under cc dispute resolution). The speeds i have been getting from the beginning has been choppy. First 8 weeks were hit and miss. I’m on the 50/20 plan but only really get 50 down during the offpeak times. On on-peak times(4pm - 7pm) i mostly get ~4mbps to 19mbps max. Happy to share speedtests.

Great speeds poor service

Great speeds and very little drop outs.

I have been with Uniti for about three months and have to say their customer service is appalling.

On the day of my install I sent them a Facebook message asking for some information about what router I should get. Still waiting form response. I expect colonies on mars before I hear back.

I and a family member were also supposed to receive $50 for a referral. Did not receive it. Sent an email to customer support. No response. This one is 2 months in the making.

Start DateJanuary 2019

Great internet no issues

After being with our previous provider for 13 years and then being left without any internet connection for over 2 weeks ( someone else was using our service ) we decided to change to UNITY.
Installation was achieved in only 2 days from initial contact and the fast reliable internet lets us watch Netflix without buffering. I can now also go out the front door and receive WIFI in all areas of the house ( something which was lacking with our previous service ). The speed received is what I have signed up for.
The company has been quick to resolve any questions or issues I have had . The installers were very courteous and knowledgeable, answering all our questions while setting up the modem
I have no hesitation in giving UNITY a 5 star rating.

It is an alternative

OK so it doesn't always hit the speed promised and it does drop out some days. Compared to the NBN I'll take it any day. Customer support is hit and miss - mostly miss; emails are pure cut-and-paste. Don't bother trying to ring as they never answer the phone lines. If you are back to a wall with NBN then this is the way to go.

Start DateAugust 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Great connection company could do better at testing speeds before install.

I thought I'd try uniti 3 months ago, the NBN hasn't come to my area and I got sick of waiting and had been given the run around by Telstra. The connection has been great with zero to no drop outs. I have been in contact with unity via email and they are prompt at responding to queries. I still believe the price of the unlimited 25/10 is overpriced at $72 on the 36 month contract.
You run the risk with Uniti of getting a lower speed bracket but I don't mind it as it suits my needs at the moment. If I was having to stream 4k content or play online games I would stay clear.
I only had one issue that the installers said I could get a faster speed bracket the 50/20 I think they are subcontracted and don't really care about the connection speed and just state that you can get the better speed to get the install finished.

Start DateJanuary 2019

Worst connection

I Was Promised 25 mbps 24/7 yet to see it last 1 day up and down like a yoyo streaming buffers way too often very disappointed definitely won't recommend uniti

Start DateMarch 2019

Okay Speeds. Bad Connection. Terrible for Gaming

Switched from ADSL2+ to this as we were getting 2Mbps max and NBN wasn't coming to our area until end of 2019. We signed up for the 50Mbps / 10Mbps package.

Speedtest results give us 45-50Mbps download. However real download speeds are around 25Mbps or less, sometimes as low as what we had on ADSL2+ (2Mbps).

Intermittent connection with ping fluctuations, lag spikes and constant cut outs. Has made online gaming incredibly frustrating.

Have used both their proprietary router and a Google WiFi Mesh system with similar, terrible results. I've contacted support who haven't been able to fix the issue as they say everything is good from their view.

Will be switching to NBN when it arrives without hesitation.

Start DateFebruary 2018

Uniti fails to meet its 50mbps plan - Struggles to supply 20mbps

First joined Uniti early 2018 - experience was very good for three months. Then download speeds dropped. More recently (past 3 months) download speeds consistently less than 20 mbps and as low a 3,(I'm on a 50mbps plan).
Have contacted uniti several times (4 or more) and have been told "we're working on a fix", I am completely underwhelmed by the experience and now looking for alternative supplier.

Start DateJanuary 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Very unpredictable and instable.

Coming to you from my mobile. While my service is down.

I signed up as there was no NBN here nor a phoneline.
For the first month it was barely meeting half of the rated bandwidth and slows MASSIVELY during peak times and often slower than an ADSL service would be.

I've been with them for about 6 months. Had 2 months free due to poor performance and ongoing support issues.
Repeatedly told it's been fixed only to find no change.
NBN are wiring our house shortly and I'm moving away.

Start DateSeptember 2018
Data TypeCapped Data

Best thing I ever did

Switched to Uniti 4 months ago after struggling with my previous providor............very impressed with speed and connection....their communication with customers is outstanding......was emailed to inform me that the heat recently caused an issue with towers......as expected......but it was rectified. All in all a great compant to deal with

Terrible for Gaming, Unstable Speeds

We've had uniti wireless for about 6 months, during the first 3 months things were going smoothly, the months after not so much, contant packet loss and ping variation when gaming, speed seem to fluctuate from 10-40mbps download and 5-15 upload with the 50/20 plan, called multiple times, told me issue was dfixed when it was not. not happy at all

Start DateApril 2018

Intermittent

Moved to Uniti 5 months ago and we’ve probably had 6-7 outages, some as long as 5 hours. Never their fault, always something or someone else’s, too hot, too cold, too windy etc. supposed to be guaranteed 25mbs download, lucky if we get 10.watching a 45min program on iVeiw can take up to 75mins depending how often the program stops. We tried turning off all other devices that use wifi, makes no difference. I thought these were the best and our slow internet speeds would be a thing of the past, clearly not!! Would I recommend........sorry, but no.

Start DateSeptember 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data

It's just so upsetting to watch the slide in this company. What tech company only provides services when it suits them and not based on customer needs? Even the tiny ones have staff on-call - but not Uniti. If you have an issue after 10pm it's just bad luck for you. They have also stopped responding on Facebook and email. Even online chat is a joke - you are number 1 in the queue and you wait over 20 minutes for someone to join and then they ignore you for 15 minutes and come back and say "i'm dealing with 5 other customers why don't you just phone"!! I know they sacked their 2 founders in February and that is about when I noticed the dramatic slide in service. I have tried for 6 days to get a response and not a thing yet - and it's major - I'm moving house so need answers to get things sorted.

I want to change providers, do Uniti take away the tower and fix the holes made in the roof? I don't want 2 towers on my roof.
I don’t know but logic would suggest that they could take down the redundant tower/dish and possibly use at least one of the anchor points. Worth asking initially the question

Question to Unite - I am considering signing up, after frustrating internet from Optus. There are however far too many bad reviews here for me to consider this without some guarantee, I see Uniti are ignoring this forum since September, does that mean they are resolved to closing down? What guarantee can there before insulation for the connection - seems like so far lots of promises - lots of failures arising out of this promises? I am happy to pay for the install and to "check" the service before I commit - but to simply commit to 24 months and THEN only find out it is subpar - that's not feasible for the home and home business.
Hi Baja, Firstly, I'm glad to hear that you are thinking of signing up. If you haven't already, you should check your address on our website to ensure that we can provide a service to you. We do offer no-contract options if this is something you'd prefer. During the installation the technician will call one of our network engineers. The engineer will confirm that the service is meeting the requirements of the service before he connects it. If the service cannot meet these requirements then you the equipment will be removed and you will not be charged. If things look good then the installation will be finished and you will have internet on the day. You are not charged until after the installation is completed. If you do have any faults with the service they will be addressed and rectified. We have a positive review score on here and all other large review sites, Unfortunately we cannot please everyone but we certainly do our best. Hopefully this answers your queries, Please let me know.Yes thanks - that sounds like a good option. I erratically get 92, then 6, then 17, then 30, etc with Optus cable. I have spoken with your severe team last week, and discussed that there is a tower in Fairfield that I would likely connect to - we are on the hill in Ivanhoe, and look down over Fairfield. there is a tower we can see form our house - its that yours - then wow - should be good! are you able to disclose the location so I can check if this tower in indeed yours? and , yes, I did check the net as well as your colleague check - Ivanhoe. my biggest concern is that people are suggesting it starts off at 50, and then drops to 5 or 15 later - I was of the impression that the wireless connection was trying to take out the congestion and inconsistency? thanksI hope you didn't sign up - I'm so upset that I referred dozens of people to Uniti. The difference now compared to when I signed up is night and day. You get NO customer service after 10pm. No responses to emails or Facebook queries. People on the online chat who take 20+ minutes to respond and then tell you not to email or chat - to phone instead!!!! Dramatic change in my experience - in a 24/7 society we need technical support when it doesn't work. My son's has been out since yesterday and just saw a Facebook post today that there won't be any customer support until Saturday. That's just unacceptable. As much as I hate Telstra - you can reach them 24/7 and get issues sorted out.

NBN 25NBN 50NBN 100