NBN 25, NBN 50 and NBN 100

See the Best Internet Service Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

honestyisbest

honestyisbestGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Call centre wait times through the roof and speeds much lower than paid for.

Every time you call uniti with a fault (which will be often) expect to hold on the phone for atleast 45 mins.
Speeds are quite a bit lower than advertised for me.
Atleast 3 techs have visited and can't fix it.
When I've tried to cancel then they try to hit me with a $500 termination fee.
Staff on the phone often snippy... I feel they might be over worked, although I've had a few good conversations with staff too, so depends on the agent you get.

Avoid this company.

Start DateAugust 2018

Unhappy Customer

Unhappy CustomerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst value for money service. <3MBs download from US, UK & SG

Start DateFebruary 2018
Scott K

Scott KMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Atrocious service and terrible support staff

Start DateDecember 2018
Paul

Paul

Bad internet speed and ridiculous cancellation charges

Start DateAugust 2018
Data TypeCapped Data

This is crap! even worse than dial up.

The speed is constant in the first couple of months and then completely dies. You can't even load 72dp video let alone play a 4K or watch live tv over the internet.

Start DateApril 2018

Marcus

MarcusMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Uniti has declined dramatically in 2019.

Start DateFebruary 2018

J60913

J60913South East Queensland, QLD

Recently changed to Uniti, initial setup was easy

We only had Uniti Internet for a few weeks when the network went down in our area on a Saturday morning. Unfortunately there is no support over the weekend which is disappointing so nothing was rectified until the Monday. There was no offer of apology or refund for the lack of service and since we have very limited mobile service in our area, I could not access internet. After the initial hickup, everything has been fine, although what we pay for speed we do not get. It is not a cheap service, but we do not have much choice in our area, and Telstra is not available.

Start DateApril 2019
Standalone or BundledBundled

Chubbeh

ChubbehSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pivit to Uniti failure

Completely trash business who cannot arrange for billing after migration from Pivit. Over billing and unable to get a response via email. Have to follow up many many times. Go with TPG if you're in Kelvin Grove, QLD.

Start DateAugust 2019
dogstar14

dogstar14Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Extremely poor service - have to find another provider

Hamish L.

Hamish L.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Horrendous, Terrible, Disgraceful, Horrible, Nonexistent their service is the worst service ever

If you ever call you need a minimum of o hour absoloute minimum no matter what the question.

If you are thinking about using them run fast and run far my friend.

Terrible Terrible terrible

Start DateJuly 2018

Jeffrey

JeffreySouth Australia

Caused Water Leaking, Not Tell the Truth, Irresponsible Very Very Very Upset and Disappointing...

Paul Elliott

Paul ElliottGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Shame they don't provide the service they promise

Dropouts are an all too common occurrence. I signed up with Uniti as a protest towards the NBN and after a recommendation. As with many internet companies it's fine until something goes wrong. If I can get through to support at all it takes over an hour to get through. They claim not to offer support for modems and routers that they don't supply. The one they supply is made by the Chinese company Huawei, that doesn't have good reviews. I believe I made a mistake choosing Uniti, and unfortunately I've signed a 3 year contract with them.

Start DateFebruary 2019

HvanZyl

HvanZylSouth East Queensland, QLD

Legal Organised Theft?

After having been made to endure and array of instructions, guidances and excuses it took well over a week to get a level of service that could be used at all. When we did get service it was very good for a few hours .... the speeds then got choked to an average of 28% of the speeds contracted for. Such behaviour is, if anything, disgusting, dishonest and frustrating!

Start DateJuly 2019
Standalone or BundledBundled

Anonymous

AnonymousMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Sneaky terms and conditions

Not a bad service, though we were getting quite frequent outages at one point.

However, I was under the impression I was on a “Flexi” plan and should be able to cancel at any time and paid more for that privilege. When moving to a new place, I went to cancel well before my rollover date and was told that I needed to give 30 days notice which essentially meant I would need to have told them I was cancelling before my lease contract was even finalised to avoid being charged for an extra month. 30 days seems like an excessive amount of notice to need to give for cancellation and I believe this is a sneaky tactic to try and squeeze extra money from customers. Very disappointing.

Start DateJanuary 2018
2CENTSworth

2CENTSworthSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stay in Sydney, we don't do business like that on the Gold Coast

I also was transferred to Uniti from Pivot without any notice. My billing has been on a regular cycle for 4 years, no contracts, no dramas. Uniti has shut down my service without notice. I had no idea of the company sale, nor did I know that Pivot did not transfer the payment system.
My suggestion Uniti, stay in Sydney where you belong. We don't do Business like this on the Gold Coast.

Start DateJuly 2019
Andrew M

Andrew MAU

Unreliable. Upload/Download speeds drop for no apparent reason

Every 1 or 2 months our upload and/or download speeds drop for no apparent reason. Recently our connections to our home automation were timing-out or crawling-along. We have used Uniti's Health Check and Ookla Speedtest to confirm our upload speeds were less than 40% of our plan. This last support request (via email) went un-answered.

Just before Christmas 2018 we lost all internet. We checked every thing here and had a technician climb on our roof. It took 2 minutes for them to fix it once they work out that the problem was at their local tower.

Service was reduced to a dribble again later in Jan 2019.

Apart from the issues Uniti can control, our local tower seems to have its share our power outages too.

Start DateNovember 2017

Beyond Useless

I was transferred to this useless mob from pivot without my consent. Live at coomera waters gold coast. I have Allegedly gone beyond my limit without notice. They dropped my speed. I only found out after i called pivot that they had transferred me across. So i called and complained. after nearly a week of constant phone calls they have not fixed the problem that they created. they have not communicated with me what so ever unless i call. They keep throwing in my face that they require up to 48 hours to do something. it has been well over that and still have not heard anything. Beyond useless. Going to the telecommunication ombudsmen. Just a bunch of useless scammers.

Start DateJune 2019

Linnie

LinnieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Product recall not managed well

Terry W.

Terry W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Used to be good but got burned

Service was actually good, was on a 50/10 plan, 2 year contract and recommending to friends and family. Would have tied m over nicely to NBN rollout in my area but 6 months in I received a disconnecton notice because the tower I was connected to is getting demolished. No other options provided, refused to reimburse any of the $1200 I paid to remove trees to get the connection in the first place. no contribution to another connection or offer of another service, just "sorry, you are on your own".

Start DateSeptember 2017

Was a 5* now a 1*

I was on board with Uniti and recommending it to friends, family etc for over a year. In the last 3 months there has been a HUGE decrease in customer service and customer care. No support after 10pm is ridiculous for starters and no responses to emails or support on chat - and now no Facebook support. Gone downhill big time :(

Start DateFebruary 2017

Jackieasked

It's just so upsetting to watch the slide in this company. What tech company only provides services when it suits them and not based on customer needs? Even the tiny ones have staff on-call - but not Uniti. If you have an issue after 10pm it's just bad luck for you.
They have also stopped responding on Facebook and email. Even online chat is a joke - you are number 1 in the queue and you wait over 20 minutes for someone to join and then they ignore you for 15 minutes and come back and say "i'm dealing with 5 other customers why don't you just phone"!! I know they sacked their 2 founders in February and that is about when I noticed the dramatic slide in service. I have tried for 6 days to get a response and not a thing yet - and it's major - I'm moving house so need answers to get things sorted.

Jayjay

Jayjayasked

I want to change providers, do Uniti take away the tower and fix the holes made in the roof? I don't want 2 towers on my roof.

John
John

I don’t know but logic would suggest that they could take down the redundant tower/dish and possibly use at least one of the anchor points. Worth asking initially the question

bajaasked

Question to Unite - I am considering signing up, after frustrating internet from Optus. There are however far too many bad reviews here for me to consider this without some guarantee, I see Uniti are ignoring this forum since September, does that mean they are resolved to closing down? What guarantee can there before insulation for the connection - seems like so far lots of promises - lots of failures arising out of this promises? I am happy to pay for the install and to "check" the service before I commit - but to simply commit to 24 months and THEN only find out it is subpar - that's not feasible for the home and home business.

Libby M.Uniti Wireless

Hi Baja,

Firstly, I'm glad to hear that you are thinking of signing up. If you haven't already, you should check your address on our website to ensure that we can provide a service to you. We do offer no-contract options if this is something you'd prefer.

During the installation the technician will call one of our network engineers. The engineer will confirm that the service is meeting the requirements of the service before he connects it. If the service cannot meet these requirements then you the equipment will be removed and you will not be charged. If things look good then the installation will be finished and you will have internet on the day. You are not charged until after the installation is completed.

If you do have any faults with the service they will be addressed and rectified.

We have a positive review score on here and all other large review sites, Unfortunately we cannot please everyone but we certainly do our best.

Hopefully this answers your queries, Please let me know.

baja

Yes thanks - that sounds like a good option. I erratically get 92, then 6, then 17, then 30, etc with Optus cable.

I have spoken with your severe team last week, and discussed that there is a tower in Fairfield that I would likely connect to - we are on the hill in Ivanhoe, and look down over Fairfield. there is a tower we can see form our house - its that yours - then wow - should be good! are you able to disclose the location so I can check if this tower in indeed yours?

and , yes, I did check the net as well as your colleague check - Ivanhoe.

my biggest concern is that people are suggesting it starts off at 50, and then drops to 5 or 15 later - I was of the impression that the wireless connection was trying to take out the congestion and inconsistency?

thanks

Jackie

I hope you didn't sign up - I'm so upset that I referred dozens of people to Uniti. The difference now compared to when I signed up is night and day. You get NO customer service after 10pm. No responses to emails or Facebook queries. People on the online chat who take 20+ minutes to respond and then tell you not to email or chat - to phone instead!!!! Dramatic change in my experience - in a 24/7 society we need technical support when it doesn't work. My son's has been out since yesterday and just saw a Facebook post today that there won't be any customer support until Saturday. That's just unacceptable. As much as I hate Telstra - you can reach them 24/7 and get issues sorted out.

Get an answer from our members and Uniti Wireless representatives

Uniti Wireless NBN 25

Uniti Wireless NBN 25

Uniti Wireless NBN 50

Uniti Wireless NBN 50

Uniti Wireless NBN 100

Uniti Wireless NBN 100

CategoryInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service Providers
Monthly Price $89.95$94.95$114.95