Uncle Tobys Shredded Wheat

Uncle Tobys Shredded Wheat

See the Best Breakfast Cereal / Muesli in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Scoti49

Scoti49Central West, NSW

Garbage

I was raised on Shredded Wheat ,most breakfast being the Canadian product ,breakfast for ME for near on 70 yrs .Tried two boxes of this rubbish from the UK and as such wont buy anymore .
Closest thing to cardboard I've eaten . I don't see anybody praising the New Look, New Tasting Shreaded !

Purchased in May 2019 at Coles Supermarkets.

Fred

FredGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not as good as before but still good

Why is it that a good breakfast which is just wheat and no sugar has to be expensive. Just 270 grams for 5 bucks you feel like you are paying for air. Would buy Mini wheats but they add sugar. It seems they market them for kids. Why not let people add their own sugar.
I concur that Shredded Wheat is a bit different to before but it still hits the spot.

Purchased in April 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.00.

Ross

RossMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

horrible new packaging

After buying and eating these for years I recently bought some for the first time in a few months and wasn't happy when I opened the box to find new packaging of them , although they seem to be smaller , might be mistaken i hate the new packaging so much I wont buy them again they are awkward to undo to tightly packaged and have definitely made it harder to unwrap. Although this may seem petty to you I will not be buying them again unless you revert to the old way . thx had my rant ....... cheers from Mr severely disappointed

Purchased in March 2019 at Coles.

Disgusting reduction in size

Other posts sum it up. Change of size leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Not too late to reverse a bad decision.

Harry

HarrySouth East Queensland, QLD

OMG , what’s happened to the size???

I’m extremely shocked as to how the Shredded wheat have shrunk in size??
These used to be my absolute favourite cereal but I’m really saddened that they are now half the size they used to be..

Not Gerry

Not Gerry

Not as advertised, and less convenient. Bit stale, poor packaging procedures. I used to eat three.

Rick

Rick

poor product

Since change of your shredded wheat to smaller pieces you can keep them now changing my ideas for breakfast goodbye uncle tobys

Uncle T i am sad

Uncle T i am sad

parasitic worms

taste and looks like actually an actual colony of baby tape worms. also is the wheat version of dry ramen. bad. just bad.

kb3500

kb3500Adelaide

What have they done?

Garbage taste now and I am sure it is a smaller packaging.
No more shredded wheat for me after 60 years.

Cooper

Cooper

nice but very expensive

$1 per serving is pretty bad for cereal, i'll buy the w-uncle tobies weeties instead. I like how this has no added salt or anything though

Terrible taste

What have they done to Shredded Wheat they are absolutely vile left a terrible taste in my mouth very disappointed with them especially when i have eaten them for over 60 years yes 3 a day but never again. So goodbye Mr Shreddy unless you return to your proper and original taste.

Adrian

AdrianHobart

Been eating shredded wheat from late 1970's in UK and late 1990's in Australia. Don't fix it, if it

Several months ago I noticed the biscuits are packed in two's now - OK I thought no problem - it may be the most popular serve. Then I opened the pack and my jaw dropped - the biscuits where not the same - slight shine, more compact. OK I thought - poured the milk, waited a minute and hooked in. Umm, this tastes nothing like my cereal! The beautiful wheaty texture and after taste was no longer there. Bland, fake!

Didn't you learn watching Cadbury's try to change to palm oil ? Crickey - sort it out - I'm outta here!

Annie

AnnieHobart

Hey honey, I shrunk the cereal!

I don't have an earlier version to compare, but have my Shredded Wheat biscuits shrunk? We used to have them sent over from England before they became available in Australia. I'm sure they were bigger not only in the olden days, but a few months ago. Perhaps they think we won't notice the shrinkage if they change the packaging. News flash, folks, I won't eat more if you make them smaller.

Lowey

LoweyAdelaide

Great UK...not Canada!

Has made my day, UK version much better than Canada version, more dense therefore more taste, can get your teeth into it, Canada version was too light and airy! Two pack serve better than 3...who eats 3, therefore stays fresh!

Mandy

MandyMittagong

New Shredded Wheat

I thought is box same...opened up new packaging 2 not 3....is less messy but biscuits compacted & different colour. Had to google to check...why change a great product ? Not the same as the highest rating i would give since. Mx

Not the same.

Smaller more dense pillows, it is not the same. I am never buying them again. Disappointed they changed my favorite cereal.

Annie B

Annie BKalbarri

Another good product bites the dust

Surprised and disappointed to find something different in the familiar box. The wheat biscuits, clearly sourced from somewhere else, are ugly and tastless when compared to the old ones.

Ester

Ester

Not a good move

They reduced the size, they reduced the taste.
They think we don’t know. Who are they kidding!
Bring back the old one, product of Canada 280 grams.

Once again an example of cost cutting executives who do not understand the market.

The changes made to Shredded Wheat by Uncle Toby's have put many people off buying what used to be their favorite breakfast cereal. I have eaten Shredded Wheats for most of my life, 75 years, the taste of the NEW biscuit is absolutely disgusting, the colour looks like, well words fail me. my wife and I have tried them three times and have given up. Until the very unlikely return to the original biscuit formula I am one of many who will no longer buy this product. My wife has thrown out the remainder of the packet and as pensioners wasting food is not something we do lightly. Another lost customer.

Ralfie

RalfieMelbourne

Change it back

Used to be my favourite cereal.
Why change a winner.
Texture and taste are not the same, cutting costs and making products smaller will also loose you customers.
Change it back.