Uncle Tobys Vita Brits

Uncle Tobys Vita Brits

Stephen

StephenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Why mess with the recipe?!?

Purchased in February 2021 at Woolworths Physical store for $5.00.

Donna Mumford

Donna MumfordRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Why have they changed?

I have been eating Vita Brits all my life. I am 55 years of age. On purchasing a new box of my favorite cereal l noticed a huge change in the taste and texture of the Brits. They do not mix as well as they used to. And have a different taste and smell. The only thing that is an improvement is the packaging and that it easier to open. My question is WHY, WHY, WHY have you changed the recipe and why is it not stated on the pack? Very disappointing for a life long supporter of this product.

Purchased in February 2021.

Change for the worse

Since the change to the recipe Vita brits has become worse in every department. The taste has changed from the natural notes of the previous to a more seemingly artificial or subdued taste. The texture is now harder with a smaller brick which is more dense and isn't as soluble in milk resulting in unpleasant eating experience texturally. These new boxes are now smaller with no Made in Australia seal on the packaging so stock up on the old ones if your supermarket still has them in stock. I will now be avoiding this cereal and heading to alternatives after many many years of being my breakfast of choice thanks to this negative change.

Purchased in February 2021 at Coles for $5.00.

Breakfast Cereals / Mueslis

Find out how Uncle Tobys Vita Brits compares to other Breakfast Cereals / Mueslis

hprzybycien00

hprzybycien00Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

VitaBrits or ShootaBrix

I have been eating Uncle Tobys VitaBrits for a very long time but that has come to a sad end since they have changed the formula. If you can believe it's Australian made not Chinese then you need to take a serious look at world trends, the only country buying up small companies worldwide is China and we all know how china can FAKE anything. Goodbye Uncle Tobys I hope you'll be Very Happy in China.
Not fake news but fake product

Purchased in February 2021 at Woolies for $4.00.

Ally

AllyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I would give them zero stars if possible!

I have always eaten vita brits - the new ones are disgusting. I actually thought they were stale until I looked at the packet and realised they have just completely changed. Definitely won't be buying them again unless they go back to the old vita brits. What a shame!

Purchased in January 2021.

Denis M

Denis MFoster VIC

Horrendously bad recipe change

For 30 years I've considered these "Vital Bits". I'm not afraid of change but this new recipe is distasteful & exceptionally wrong. Why, why, why Uncle Tobys? I understand economics but I can't eat money nor can I eat "these" any longer. Bad mistake.

Purchased in February 2021 at IGA for $5.00.

Merri

MerriGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

New recipe is awful

Like other negative reviewers, I’ve eaten Vita Brits for years but will no longer do so. The texture, taste, size, visuals all are so much worse than before.
I would never willingly buy weetbix but would rather them than this version on Vita Brits.
Bring back the originals!

Purchased in February 2021 at Coles.

Kelly

KellySouth West, WA

Do Not Buy!!

Purchased in January 2021 at Coles for $5.00.

Lizzie

LizziePerth, WA

New Vita Brits disgusting

Welcome to the not so nice breakfast anymore, its like eating glue and has the most revolting after taste. My goodness Uncle Tobys what were you thinking, WeetBix now is going to taste a whole lot better now.

Purchased in February 2021.

otrain

otrainSouth East Queensland, QLD

Vita Brits, Don't Buy Them

Recently got a new box of VitaBtits. What a major disappointment. From the smaller box, smaller biscuits, unsealed packaging, and even the Made in Australia logo has gone. And they taste terrible, nothing like the old one's. Box used to say, Made in Australia from at least 99% Australia ingredients. NOW SAYS
Our cereals are made combining the finest ingredients from Australia and around the world.
Should Say
Our cereals are made from the cheapest ingredients we can find from around the world. Will not buy again after 20 years eating them.

Rose

RoseGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Hate the change

I have eaten vita brits for years and loved them but the changes made to them has not been successful. Not enjoying them at all. There is a awful after taste in my mouth after eating them

New Vita Brits Rip Off!

I couldn't believe my eyes when I added the last Vita Brit from my previous packet to my bowl, then opened the new box to get another. At first I was glad that they had finally realised that the previous plastic lining was completely useless to keep the brits fresh once you had opened it. But my satisfaction turned to horror when I realised that it wasn't sealed! But that was nothing, compared to the glaring size difference when I put the second brit in the bowl next to the old one. See for yourself. What a rip off!

Purchased in February 2021 at Woolworths.

Dave .W

Dave .WHunter Region, NSW

Changed Vita Brits

New vita brits are now a very poor wheatbix copy. Why would they change what was a superior breakfast cereal????? Please go back to the original vita brits!!! Loved the old vita brits..

Purchased in February 2021 at Woolworths for $5.00.

I didn’t even want to give it one star

Please help me and change the new Vita Brits back. My dad has been eating Vita Brits for over 50 years and now he is disgusted with this change. He refuses to eat this garbage and complains about it all the time to all his friends. What were you thinking Uncle Tobys, please right this wrong. Please

Graeme

GraemeThe Mallee, VIC

A change for the worse

Purchased in February 2021 at Coles for $5.00.

New Vita Brits are terrible

I have been eating Vita Brits for around 40 years almost every morning.
The new smaller product has a different cardboard like texture and tastes awful.
Again Uncle Toby's has failed to consider it's loyal customers and modify a product that is substandard to the original Australian made one.
I will not be purchasing any more and will go in search of a better replacement.
Shame on you Uncle Toby's for destroying an Australian staple.

Purchased in February 2021 at Woolworths for $5.00.

Andrew in Brisbane

Andrew in BrisbaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nowhere near as good

The fact that the plastic bag inside is not even sealed, just folded down, is a big worry. The fact it is no longer says made in Australia (is it now China ?) is a major concern. But it is the denser, less tasty consistency that is the biggest disappointment which means I won't be buying them again. And if they did this to Vita Brits, how long will it be before they do it to something else ? I don't think I will be investing in any other UT product in a hurry. Bad move Nestle, incredibly bad move.

Purchased in February 2021 at Woolies Brookside for $5.00.

Sam

SamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Angry

Better part of 50 years eating vita Brits. The new recipe is garbage. Dry, unpleasant and milk phobic. Might as well be eating weetbix which they strongly resemble now. Happy if the company is saving money because theyre not getting mine.

Leigh

LeighGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fake Vita-Brits; Uncle Toby should be Impeached!

The new smaller fake Vita-Brits (Vile-Bricks) have an unpleasant gritty texture.
No longer ‘Made in Australia’, but ‘Grown in Australia’.
Ha-Ha Uncle Toby, did you think your customers wouldn’t notice?
On the side of the packet, per 2 biscuits:-
Real Vita-Brits; Dietry Fibre 12.6g, Fake 11.3g
Real Vita-Brits; Sugars 0.4g, Fake 1.7g
Real Vita-Brits; Fat Total 1.8g, Fake 2.2g
False advertising, as the illustration is the same as on the old packet.
I wonder what consumer affairs would say about this?
Bring back the real Vita-Brits when they were made by Nabisco!

Purchased in February 2021 at FoodWorks for $5.99.

PamelaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Making smaller

Vita Brits, I have been eating these for breakfast since I was a young girl, afternoon snack after school. My last purchase to find they are being made smaller and price increase and dry to boot!!!! I am so fed up with companies doing this often. Time consumers and the consumer affairs stopped this blatant act of revenue racketing. LOST ME