Up Bank

3.4

Sean F.

Sean F.Perth, WA

Best Mobile Banking

I have been with up for close on 12 months now. I can honestly say its the best bank I have been with (have been with ANZ, CBA, P&N & Bankwest in the past). The CBA app has nothing on this.

The customer service is second to none and they are always extremely responsive

I've recommended them to many of my friends.

TopicATM Experience, General Transactions and New Account
vMoff

vMoffVictoria

Easy modern banking

John N.

John N.Hunter Region, NSW

BEWARE: UP sends Debt collectors in - UP Bank Allows transactions to go through, even if you have $0 in account

UP Bank allows charges to put your account into Overdrawn status. Even if you have $0 in you account, if a Retailer charges you $20, UP Bank will debit it to your account and then get Debt Collectors to come chase you for the money. I asked them to reject all Overdrawing, but they said that it is not possible to do this! So be aware if a Debt Collectors comes to your house, you know why!

Bad customer service

I’m with up bank from last 7-8 months. Very slow process to fix few little issues as compare to nab, commbank etc. banks, blaming the high number of issues. Can’t use it as my official bank.

Sandy L.

Sandy L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Trash not even worth a star

Not at all reliable. They never pick their phones nothing! Up team is the worst. Please don’t do. May come with issues, actually major issues, still can’t get through! Useless! Worst mistake of my life

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
CJ W

CJ WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best NeoBank in Australia

I have been with this bank for 7 months and i can safely say i love it, love it so much in fact i left Commonwealth for this bank due to the fact that since their online only they have more money to put back into the company giving us no international transaction fees and a great savers interest account.

Al-adab A.

Al-adab A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Foreigner’s bestfriend

If you’re not a PR (yet) or not even an international student, you know the hassle of opening up a bank. SO THANK YOU UP BANK! You’ve made my life so much easier, the app is so much fun and quirky + it was opened in one day!

Allen Evans

Allen EvansSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

WILL NOT RETURN MY MONEY

I opened a UP account thinking it would be a good to have a online bank account, I did the normal checks and found it was part of the Bendigo Bank group so I thought I wouldn't have any issues. That was until I had a major car accident and my car was burnt to the ground with my wallet and Mobile phone inside which has left me with no ID...I have tried dealing online with Up about how to get back into my account..I have emailed copies of what ID i could find...i was told to get a Statutory Declaration i have done everything they have asked but still cannot get access to my money. Here I am stuck in hospital for a few more months and can not get to my money to pay rent and other bills. I'm at a lose at what to do next.
Allen Evans

Rob P

Rob PSydney, NSW

Best bank I've ever used

Great app, extremely quick and easy to use. Payments are made instantly and very easy to track whether you have completely the necessary steps to receive the bonus interest on savings accounts!

Belinda

BelindagEELONG

Best bank I've even had

I have no idea why there is bad reviews. Best bank I have ever used, when you contact customer service they get back to you within a few hours absolute tops which is amazing considering most companies I email take several days. It tells you if a payments been attempted, lets you bucket your money into as many savings accounts as you want etc. Been able to have a 2nd account would be handy but it's on the map, which I also love because you know exactly how long it will be to a feature is launched. Except the secret project which has sat there forever and still hasn't magically turned into locked savers or a notice saver....just saying :)

Easy, reliable and modern

My partner And I have been with ‘up’ for a few months after changing from one of the big banks.

We both have had great experiences with customer service (fast reply via app)
OSKO payments work well, savers are easy to setup/edit and ‘round ups’ are a great saving function.
Only thing we are waiting for is to be able to have multiple cards for different accounts.

We would recommend.

Simone

SimoneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Who would love a bank??? ME!

I've been with Up for 10 months and although I've had to wait for certain features in that time to come I have always felt really happy with my choice to switch. The customer service via the in-app messaging has been OUTSTANDING! I can't believe people have had bad experiences because my experiences have only been great!
The app is fast, easy to use and if I have not known how to use a feature the in-app messaging has given me a response SUPER quickly.
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

TopicATM Experience and New Account

No customer service.

Have sent them an email regarding my account a few months ago and just never received any feedback to date. Do they even have a customer services team? From other comment here, I am starting to doubt it.

Des

DesAustralian Capital Territory

Worst bank

This bank is horrible to deal with. I’d have more trust with my money in a shoe box on my front door step. Customer service is appalling. A business waiting to fail.

Luke

LukeAustralia

Won’t close my account

This company will not close my account after repeated requests and now have stopped responding to my messages. Will give it another few days then will be lodging a complaint with AFCA.

Sarah

SarahPeel, WA

Terrible service. Very disappointed.

I have tried and tried to join up banking but its just not worth it. It will not verify me, even though my details are 100% right. Customer service were rude. would not waste my time again trying to set this up and recommend you dont waste yours either.

John P.

John P.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best banking experience I’ve ever had

Customer service has been impeccable. Literally every time I’ve had a query, I message in app, and have a response in minutes. Have been waiting years to able to manage my money the way you can with UpBank.

Ange

Ange

Great about the tech, forgot about the basics

I like the tech aspects of UP Bank. Love the instant payments, notifications about upcoming bills, notifications about payments, the app design is nice, and the ability to make lots of different savings accounts for savings goals and still gain interest.

BUT... it seems as if they've forgotten to do the basics. Paywave doesn't work on my card, it always declines, and despite me notifying them three weeks ago I've received no update, nor have I received a new card. Their customer service is very lacking.

I like it enough to stay with it, but if I hear of another bank offering the same tech solutions and no fees I'd switch in a heartbeat.

Caitlin O.

Caitlin O.Sydney, NSW

Non-Responsive Customer Service, No Support

Looking for a budget-tracking app, I signed up for UP. I realized instantly this wasn't the app for me, as i'm happy with my bank & did not want a new one.

I instantly message their customer service as per their FAQ on deleting accounts. Flash forward 5 days later, still no response & I've now received an UP debit card! I message them again asking them to please cancel my account & confirm the cancellation.

It has now been OVER TWO WEEKS and I've yet to get a single response.

I'm so disappointed. I'm also very concerned that this company now has my details, as they now have no reason to - and i've requested they delete them.

Woeful service!

I have been trying to complete the joining process. I need help to resolve one item with which I'm having trouble and have phoned Up Bank on 6 occasions in the last 3 weeks. It is virtually impossible to get a call answered and, although there is a message to say that if a caller leaves a brief message and a phone number they will be contacted, that has not happened. Woeful service!