Up Bank

Up Bank

3.6

John P.

John P.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best banking experience I’ve ever had

Customer service has been impeccable. Literally every time I’ve had a query, I message in app, and have a response in minutes. Have been waiting years to able to manage my money the way you can with UpBank.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

Great about the tech, forgot about the basics

I like the tech aspects of UP Bank. Love the instant payments, notifications about upcoming bills, notifications about payments, the app design is nice, and the ability to make lots of different savings accounts for savings goals and still gain interest.

BUT... it seems as if they've forgotten to do the basics. Paywave doesn't work on my card, it always declines, and despite me notifying them three weeks ago I've received no update, nor have I received a new card. Their customer service is very lacking.

I like it enough to stay with it, but if I hear of another bank offering the same tech solutions and no fees I'd switch in a heartbeat.

Caitlin O.

Caitlin O.Sydney, NSW

Non-Responsive Customer Service, No Support

Looking for a budget-tracking app, I signed up for UP. I realized instantly this wasn't the app for me, as i'm happy with my bank & did not want a new one.

I instantly message their customer service as per their FAQ on deleting accounts. Flash forward 5 days later, still no response & I've now received an UP debit card! I message them again asking them to please cancel my account & confirm the cancellation.

It has now been OVER TWO WEEKS and I've yet to get a single response.

I'm so disappointed. I'm also very concerned that this company now has my details, as they now have no reason to - and i've requested they delete them.

Woeful service!

I have been trying to complete the joining process. I need help to resolve one item with which I'm having trouble and have phoned Up Bank on 6 occasions in the last 3 weeks. It is virtually impossible to get a call answered and, although there is a message to say that if a caller leaves a brief message and a phone number they will be contacted, that has not happened. Woeful service!

tftas

tftas

Customer Service is the WORST!!

I have been with Up early 2019 and everything was going ok until I needed their assistance. I requested some changes made to my daily limit and was told that it was at their discretion if they chose to change the limit and at this time they have declined my request!! So in other words, they are telling me how I can spend my own money...oh no I don't think so. Account closed! Also, no phone number to call, no website to use...too bad if your phone dies.

Aiden H.

Aiden H.Sydney, NSW

Every bank should be like this

Australia's best banking app by miles, with features you didn't know you needed until now. Active community of users across social media, including staff - you can literally DM the co-founder of this company with ideas.

The only issue I have is with customer service - as the product becomes more popular, so too does text-based service. It can sometimes take days before you hear from them, and they are only available live during business hours. For day-to-day use, this is okay - but every now again, you may experience a hiccup and need help urgently.

Disclaimer: Early customer of 1.5 years, and have received free merchandise. This doesn't change my opinion, but I figured it would be wise to mention here.

Joel R.

Joel R.Launceston, TAS

Absolutely shocking

froze my accounts won't get back to me, worst service in any financial service. Avoid at all costs.. no way to call they only have answering machine. The chat service is just faceless people with no care for the job

Lakers1222

Lakers1222

Up bank doesn’t have a website. And locks out of out the app if phone is jailbroken. So, now I cannot access my money

Use bank for 3 months. Bank is not reliable is you jailbreak. Customer service just told me to restart my phone and that did nothing. Time to change banks again

jenny.xie3

jenny.xie3Sydney, NSW

No problem solving capabilities

I have heard great things about up bank from others who have it. I was in the market to open up with a new bank and my friend suggested up bank. Did some research and yes this sounds like every thing a millennial would want in a bank app. Tried to sign up twice as the second attempt was due to no response from them so I gave it another go. Now I emailed them 2x or so maybe 3. They got back to me today and guess what? Honestly I always thought businesses strive to get new clients and well most people should have some common knowledge to problem solve to get a client with up bank they let you go the email pretty much said bbbbyyyeee can't help you there so see ya later. Very disappointed with this but hey my money is good elsewhere I guess

ChriskSydney, NSW

Great app

The app is good.
If there were to be more frequent media & blog communication, would be great!
Been with the bank for more than 4 months.
The bank has been reliable in terms of service.
The customer service was good in terms of responsiveness so far.

Rachel E.

Rachel E.

Great bank of the future

They have a lot of features that not many other banks do, and it is very simple and easy to use. Customer service has always been quick through the app, and issues resolved quickly. The only downside is there don't offer a few services that would be very helpful, such as joint accounts, locked savings accounts, credit cards, etc.

Jack91Brisbane

Excellent and Fast Customer Service

Fast and very simple set up.

The customer service was fast and excellent. Any questions that I had were always answered within a business day.

Very impressed and loving this bank/service/set up.

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions and New Account
Penjax

PenjaxMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

New, unique, financially backed with great tech!

Love this, not like any other major banking app. In my mid thirties and find this instant set up, Savings and analytics on my spending fantastic. I get instant transfers with friends and my other account in a chat format which is so convenient. Would recommend to any age group. These guys have banking from Bendigo and Adelaide banks as well and Google tech, it hasn’t been designed by normal financial people. Great new player in the game!

Mia M.

Mia M.

Easy to use , fast communication

I've been with this bank over a year and I've found them very reliable with very efficient and helpful customer service. The app is so easy to use , with transactions the easiest to find out of any bank app. Also , very asthetically pleasing which makes banking not so bad...

Calum T.

Calum T.South East Queensland, QLD

No problems at all

After 12months with UP Bank I’ve had relatively no issues. The features are great and anything that was a concern when I first joined have now been updated. Like everything these days, my word of advice for the negative reviews here is don’t have all your eggs in one basket. Im about to move overseas and use UP predominantly, but I’ll have second money option just in case I get stuck.

Dereck

DereckPerth, WA

Great new banking App

I have been with Up for one week now and it is looking very promising so far. Am hoping I can soon ditch my “top 4“ bank as it is stuck in the Stone Age. Unlike a recent reviewer who was very unhappy with service in China, I always travel with multiple transaction options.
The chat help line was very good for my queries. Everything is free, how do they plan to make money, I wonder?

Justin

JustinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Non-existent customer service.

Recently I travelled overseas to China and got stuck amidst the coronavirus outbreak. I needed to urgently book flights back home, but was locked out of my card because it was requesting a OTP to my Australian phone which I didn't have.

I contacted customer service and the lack of empathy was disgusting. They said there was nothing they could do, and then proceeded to tell me I never informed them I went overseas which was an utter lie. I showed screenshot proof that I did and they said it was an "oversight". I ended up needing to get a loan overseas because they refused to help me in the most desperate time I needed it.

Never coming back.

Anon

Anon

Great

enjoying the app & banking with you guys loved that the card came into a recyclable envelope My only critique is the stickers are just going to end up in landfill

Jaimee L.

Jaimee L.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible Customer Service and No Features

Chloe H.

Chloe H.South East Queensland, QLD

Cannot fault this bank! Great online bank and amazing for overseas travel.

This bank has been nothing short of great from solving issues quickly, having an easy to use interface and being innovative. Cannot fault them or recommend them anymore! I have been with them for approx 6 months.