Up Bank

Up Bank

Lucy H.

Lucy H.Central Queensland, QLD

So many features and so versatile

I've been with Up for nearly a year now and my only regret is not changing banks sooner. It is incredibly easy to manage and is actually enjoyable to do everything through the app.
Very reliable, I've had only 1 reason to contact their customer service (couldn't get paywave to work through my phone but it was an issue with my phone's settings, not with Up) and they were super quick to respond and help.

Brad

BradSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great app, great support

I like this bank, and their app, and I've always gotten support within the hour - you send a message and they reply fast, you don't have to wait by your phone with the support window open, you get a notification when they reply. I've tried 86,400 and found Up to be a lot better. I also like how transparent they are with the product roadmap. After banking with UBank, waiting 3 years for them to get on board with PayID and Osko, it's great to able to use a bank that has current features and not have to wait days for money to transfer, too.

Calum T.

Calum T.South East Queensland, QLD

Sa-weeeet

Never had an issue. I’ve been with UP for 2 years now. Great innovation and they’ve even shouted me a couple of free coffees. Constantly developing the software. Give them a go.

Eliza

ElizaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Has no other way to confirm identity

Despite putting all my details in exactly how they are on my identification it cannot verify my account after trying to contact for 2 weeks nothing. I finally contacted there Facebook page to ask why this was then they could not find my emails. I explained my situation and instead of just responding in the Facebook chat sent me an email where I then has to explain myself again only to find out they can verify my identity and there is nothing I can do. For something that is meant to be a high tech bank for millennials doesn’t really seem to be quite there in terms of developments. This is especially frustrating when all other online banks have accepted your identification first try.

kriz_deep

kriz_deep

Account Setup 3 Weeks no response

Been trying to setup an account , don’t have a last name and email in to support ... Send 3 emails over 3 weeks no respond ... If their account setup is this bad imagine support when there is money involved... Pretty bad ...

Sam

SamSydney, NSW

Best bank ever!! So glad I joined.

I have been using up bank for around 1 year now. At first I was a little hesitant and would only transfer small amounts of money in and out of my account. After realising how awesome and reliable up is I ended up canceling my account with the main bank I was using and switched everything over to up. Please keep up the fantastic job and continue to help people like myself track all my spendings and have it all displayed in the most simplest way. Have recommended Up bank to many people and they are all very happy!!

Chrisk

ChriskSydney, NSW

Great bank app

Been with the bank for around a year.
Bank has been reliable, no issues with transfers or paying.
Customer service has been very responsive, not sure why some reviews are saying that they are slow.

The good: easy to use, clear road map on upcoming features, clean UI, monthly updates on releases

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account
sims

simsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best bank

Best banking app ever used. Easy to categories and tag transactions. Now I can see where all my money is going. Fantastic app. Only downside is the ever changing interest rates.

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions
Daniel

DanielGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A great bank with one small letdown

I have been banking with Up for the past three months and have been impressed by their speed of payments, UI and UX, and customer support.

However there is one small downside in the lack of a web app. You can only access your account via the mobile app and this makes things like tax affairs or applying for loans rather difficult.

If they can fix this issue they will be a really good bank I'd expect.

Davo22

Davo22Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible Service

Contacted support this evening for assistance setting up salary API, chat support had not even resolved my issue and suddenly stopped responding. I ended up sorting the issue out myself however too much longer than it needed to be and I would have saved half the time had of the support service been willing to communicate.
Would give zero stars if I could

linda

lindaSydney, NSW

Terrible

I had $350 in my up account. I was paid from a client the sum of $1,100.00. Up wouldnt allow me to withdraw my money. They asked me for a photo of myself holding my drivers license & I uploaded a photo of myself holding my drivers license. It took several months to hear back from them & when they finally replied to the million requests to fix my account & allow me access to my money they turned around and told me that they are cancelling my account due to fraud even though the money I received was from my client and I have proof of the invoice they still didn't allow me access to my money and they cancelled my account. So I lost $1,350.00. Thumbs u to up

TopicATM Experience and General Transactions

bad service, sneaky, and poor communication.

They are dishonest about their interest on savings accounts. Bonus interest is only paid on 50k not the full amount and this wasn't disclosed in there marketing material. Then changed rate from 1.6% to 1.5% at a weeks notice. Despite the rhetoric they are actually worse than the big 4.

Jon

JonThe Mallee, VIC

Seems good

Joined a week ago after looking for ethical banks, seems pretty good couple of down falls but hope they add them soon, joint accounts and display previous balance with every transaction. Not sure what their customer service is like yet

TopicATM Experience and New Account
Andria A.

Andria A.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Customer service 100%

I have been with Up for almost a year,I still have other accounts but I transfer all funds to Up, It’s Saturday night (11:46 pm) I sent a question into the help or as a question, I was expecting an automated response, I got a real person that explained how long a transfer would take to clear into my account, they even asked for the receipt and searched it for me ,they even told me to have a great night , wow that’s service

Alyshianna P.

Alyshianna P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waited 3 weeks from support, to get a “try again thanks” and then “sorry, can’t help”

Sean F.

Sean F.Perth, WA

Best Mobile Banking

I have been with up for close on 12 months now. I can honestly say its the best bank I have been with (have been with ANZ, CBA, P&N & Bankwest in the past). The CBA app has nothing on this.

The customer service is second to none and they are always extremely responsive

I've recommended them to many of my friends.

TopicATM Experience, General Transactions and New Account
vMoff

vMoffVictoria

Easy modern banking

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account
John N.

John N.Hunter Region, NSW

BEWARE: UP sends Debt collectors in - UP Bank Allows transactions to go through, even if you have $0 in account

UP Bank allows charges to put your account into Overdrawn status. Even if you have $0 in you account, if a Retailer charges you $20, UP Bank will debit it to your account and then get Debt Collectors to come chase you for the money. I asked them to reject all Overdrawing, but they said that it is not possible to do this! So be aware if a Debt Collectors comes to your house, you know why!

Bad customer service

I’m with up bank from last 7-8 months. Very slow process to fix few little issues as compare to nab, commbank etc. banks, blaming the high number of issues. Can’t use it as my official bank.

Sandy L.

Sandy L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Trash not even worth a star

Not at all reliable. They never pick their phones nothing! Up team is the worst. Please don’t do. May come with issues, actually major issues, still can’t get through! Useless! Worst mistake of my life

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account