Urban Edge Conveyancing

Urban Edge Conveyancing

See the Best Conveyancing Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Urban Edge Conveyancing? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.6
    Big T
    Big TMelbourne

Good, did the job

Let's face it all you do is sign some papers. Was done in resonable time. They are cheap. All good , no probs. For anyone reading this they did the job, if you want to use someone else be prepared to pay $1500. Pretty good service.

chris rayeroux
    chris rayerouxGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disgusting...

I called them 5 times throughout the day..... ALWAYS engaged, disgusting business. The mobile is disconnected. I only went to them because my Land Sales said they were doing business with them. Hence, had no choice. If you do have a choice choose ANYONE ELSE. cheers

Warning! Do Not Use This Person

They didn't even provide a notice of acquisition to the council at the time of settlement and hence the council rates were still in the previous owner's name. This was not discovered until months later as all the council rates invoices were still being sent to the previous owner and interest had consequently accrued on the outstanding balance.

AAG
    AAG

Read the reviews

What more can I say, 22 out of 26 reviews find Urban Edge's services to be 'terrible'. I can't add much to what is written below other than to warn that using this service WILL cost you more money in the long run. However, worse still, it will add a whole lot of STRESS to your process, and cost you your time. I worked as a solicitor and thought I could keep a close eye on the process however the lack of contact makes this very difficult. Be prepared to do a lot of tidying up after your settlement.

Tara
    TaraMelbourne

Do Not Use This Company

This company cost me over $700 on top of the fee due to a delayed settlement. They were terrible to deal with, and never returned my calls - i was constantly chasing them. I would recommend going with any other company and paying a higher fee to avoid further fees down the road from their lack of professionalism.

melbourne_reviewer
    melbourne_reviewerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Stay away from at all cost

Do not use. Simple.
    The director who handles everything (first red flag) is unprofessional, arrogant, incompetent. These are kind words to describe the services given.
    Put my deposit at risk.
    Delayed important tasks which would take 5minutes by a week which meant a delayed settlement and lots of stress.
    Has a poor understanding of contract law.
    Has a poor understanding of what information a client would need.
    Unreachable by phone for days at a time.
    Doesn't answer questions via email.
    Had to chase constantly to make sure simple tasks were completed.
    Forced me to make contact with vendors solicitor to tell them what was going on.
    Save yourself a lot of stress and time go elsewhere.

HowardGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dez
    DezMelbourne, VIC

Stay Away.. Complete Crooks!!

Cher13
    Cher13MELBOURNE

Very good service, communication may not be immediate but Joel gets the job done!!

We were quite happy with the service! Joel did a good job and provided the service we required, most people would probably have chosen this company due to the price, I feel they did what was necessary in regards to selling our property.
    I've seen some negative feedback and think if you require a chatty voice on the other end of the phone when you ring your conveyancer, then look to someone who charges $700.00 plus.
    If you want the job done with little fuss then Joel's the person for the job!
    Very happy with the service, thank you Joel!

Cheryl. G 8.11.2016

now non furnished
    now non furnished

Avoid Urban Edge Conveyancing

Carla
    Carla

Great conveyancer, good communication

Can't recommend them highly enough! I don't understand the bad reviews at all. Have used Urban Edge twice, and both times, can't fault the service. Have used another conveyancer for another property and charges twice the amount and only half the service!

TERRIBLE!!! Bad communicators

Urban Edge Conveyancing leaves everything to the last minute. They changed the settlement time without informing the vendor and the buyers. Communication with them is very slow at times, especially closer to settlement date.

BeeGizmo
    BeeGizmoMelbourne

Worst conveyancer ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never answered or responded to calls. I did most of the running around myself. I had to send him copies of contracts and other documents even though he was already sent copies,and had to deal with purchasers conveyancer to get any information instead of Joel dealing with it as he should have. He didn't send land documents until Sunday night (settlement on Monday) after at least 10 emails requesting them. Settlement was a disaster with no response or confirmation documents or receipts for owners Corp fees despite being requested several times. Other customers information sent in error to me and he didn't even notice.
    Urban edge conveyancing should not be allowed a license.

Roger DGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do not use unless you want to do everything yourself!!

It is now more than 3 months since our property settled. We did not receive a disbursement summary; we had to put it together ourselves. Worse than that though the utilities (rates and water) have not been paid despite the cheques being issued at settlement. When asked why, we were told it was our problem so to contact our bank. We are still awaiting full settlement and re-issue of these cheques. I will never use this company again.

Cheap and nasty! Don't be fooled. Avoid at all cost.

Terrible to deal with. Documentation provided by [name removed] was incorrect and consequently settlement was delayed and I incurred default interest charges.

Read more reviews - page 2

Emily
    Emilyasked

Does anyone know the ABN number for Urban Edge Conveyancing?

MagJasked

Has anyone had dealings with this person from the other side (as in the person buying from someone using this company)? It is just as big a nightmare from that side as well.

My conveyancing company has been on the other side a couple of times and it's been a nightmare! So many things done wrong, NO attention to detail whatsoever. Must be costing his clients so much money in penalty costs...can't understand why people still insist on using this idiot! Cheap for a reason! He must be shut down and banned ASAP!

MagJ

Finally got through the maze of incompetence and settled 5 days late. I just can't imagine what the vendor went through. Impossible to deal with on any level.

Roger D

We used them both for buying and selling and both were an absolute nightmare. There has to be better options!!!!!

Ross Tranchita
    Ross Tranchitaasked

whats the address for Urban edge Conveyancing?

Jay
    Jay

that was all online and over the phone dealing.. couple of times I tried to book an appointment with them to meet in person but I didn't get an appointment from them. I am pretty sure their office is in Carlton, Victoria.