UrEco Solar Hot Water

UrEco Solar Hot Water

Heat Pump

We bought a Reclaim Energy heat pump with an Apricus tank, from Ureco recently. The installers arrived on time and the installation process went very smoothly. They arranged the electrician which was convenient because they could all discuss the best location for the power source in relation to the position of the heat pump.
The operating manual is fairly straightforward in terms of selecting the times when we want the device to come on (during the day, to make maximum use of the solar power generated on our roof).
The heat pump works well. For only 2 in the house (which is the usual situation) the standard operation is fine. Recently we had 5 people in the house for a few days and the 'boost' option ensured that we had adequate hot water for us all (without this, there was not enough hot water for everyone).
We are very happy with the system.

UrEco Solar HWS

I recently purchased a roof-top UrEco solar HWS after our Solahart system literally rusted out just outside its 5-year warranty. The service from UrEco was light-years better than Solahart's - they attended within 2-hours of my phone call with a new replacement HWS, were efficient, tidy and effective with no need for call-backs to rectify problems. I have no hesitation in recommending UrEco for their high standard of service. The system has been working perfectly from day one.

Bosch 270litre Heat Pump

I bought my heat pump from Ureco in June 2017 and was very satisfied with the sales and installation by them. The unit has functioned well, mainly runs for free off my solar power, and saves me $100- $150 a month in gas bills. I would add a few words of caution to this glowing report. During two recent bouts of very hot weather, (40C+) when the unit was running in conjunction with a Legionnaires Cycle (65C so hotter than the normal cycle) it faulted. The faults were different each time (E10 and E04), but I understand both faults were related to heat censors. On the most recent visit the technician also replaced the heating element, which was badly affected by scale build-up, apparently due to hard water. My understanding was that tanks like this have a sacrificial anode to prevent these sort of problems, so I was surprised by how badly the element had been affected, as the unit is not yet 2 years old. Other negatives are a failure of the unit to alert (flashing light/sound) when it faulted, so I didn't discover the problems until the water ran cool. A fault message does flash on the menu display, but that is concealed behind a cover. This cover is also awkward to open/close, and the menu itself is not easy to use. If you buy the unit with the built in fan, be aware it can be noisy, though there is a menu option that reduces the noise levels. Having said all that, I would have no problems recommending Ureco, or the installation of a heat pump. The service technicians were great, though dealing with Bosch is awkward for West Australians with their service centre keeping Eastern Standard Time. I'm not sure I would go with a Bosch heat pump again or not, as faulting in hot temps is not an ideal feature for West Australians. Then again this could be a problem related to all heat pumps and I've only had 2 problems in nearly 2 years, apart from which the unit has performed exactly as I expected it to. The unit is sited on the South side of the house, so direct sun exposure is minimised. And just to put this in perspective - my solar power also conked out in the hot weather!!

Couldnt be happier

The team at Ureco have been fantastic from initial inquiry to installation then follow up call to make sure customer is satisfied .
During storm just before Xmas my old system was damaged and as was old system insurance would only cover partially.
Ringing around getting way overpriced I found Ureco who was $1500 cheaper than anywhere else .
with in 1 day of deposit being paid we Got the Envirosun Solar hot water system installed and the plumbers called with problems and solutions then fixed at a very affordable price .
We have a family of 6 with booster not on and haven't even come close to running out of hot water even with a 16yr old that tries her hardest to do so .
I am sure the system will perform in winter also as we have had overcast days with no issues so far .
Thanks Ureco one satisfied customer and happy family .

Reasonable price and excellent service

UrEco was very helpful and professional. From the first phone call to the installation, it was a pleasant experience. Nice to deal with people who know their job and the product well. Contrast that to the SolaHart salesman who snorted and ridiculed us for not buying his product (which was almost $1000 more). He said "Well, I guess you can call me when it breaks!" I don't think so.

The product is good but best of all was the professional service by the guys who came and installed it. Both men pleasant and polite, and cleaned up after themselves and the electrician took time to explain booster etc. would certainly recommend this company, cheers Di

Envirosun split system

UrEco were good to deal with, on time, efficient, reasonable price. One month on, and no problems. Alex was very patient discussing and emailing options with me beforehand. Happy to recommend.

Reasonable price and prompt service

Prompt action. Reasonable price and very happy with the service. Hope they will continue the good work in maintenance as well if/when required. I am happy to recommend Alex and his team.

Great

Great install on a roof covered with solar panels Tight access but done well Top crew If product as good as install wont need an other system for a long time! Would recommend with out any hesitation

Ureco Hot Water System Heat Pump

After our old electric storage heater failed. I chose to use URECO solar and hot water systems, after ringing around and speaking to a number of suppliers. I was impressed with there honesty and advice given to me at the time and was ultimately happy with the installation of our new system (Stiebel eltron heat pump) we are a family of six and have not run out of hot water yet? and are pleased we the potential savings over our original system.
I would recommend them to others if asked as there workmanship was on point.
job well done in my books

Great product and installed very quickly

Our old heat pump died after 8 years, never being very good to start with (noisy and much more expensive to run than we were told). Being winter time, I was not happy about no hot water, and given the cost of running the heat pump thought I'd get quotes on gas. UrEco provided one of the best quotes on a gas setup, but I was also told the new Bosch heat pumps were very efficient. Alex provided all of the options and the pros and cons, and given the cheaper cost of just swapping out the system, I decided to go ahead.
The heat pump was installed the next day, which was very much appreciated given that cold showers are not pleasant that time of year! The cost was competitive, the installers respectful of my house and garden, and they took all of the bits and pieces (including the old heat pump) away with them.
Highly recommend this company for all of your hot water needs.

Exactly what we were after

Great product, installed neatly and professionally. Would consider getting another unit if I needed double the hot water in one place and was able to do so at the time.

Impressive, better than expected

I had numerous discussions via email before I committed to buy it.
Installation was delayed a couple of days due to rain and high winds - Very smart :)
The installation was very well executed, and the guys were friendly and professional.
The hot water system works great, much better than I was expecting it to be - I have only used the booster a few times.
Great!

Bosch Heat Pump Hot Water System

Alex could have not been more helpful in explaining options available. Paid deposit on Wednesday and system installed on Friday. Excellent customer service from all involved. Great job by all

Work was completed

Work was completed on Wednesday, after accepting the job on Monday. Was not given the money back guarantee for waiting several days (even though I had requested it). Was without water for 2 days, and despite myself and partner both saying multiple times we had no water, there was no rush placed on the job. No preliminary examination was done, so I found out they decided to charge me for a burst pipe that was the problem all along, AFTER installing and charging me several thousand dollars for the hot water system.

Hot water system works fine, no issues with the actual system. Install is clean and functional.

Excellent and prompt service

I initially contacted UrEco via their Facebook page to enquire about a heat pump to replace an old gas storage HWS. Alex took the time to answer all my queries in detail via text, email and phone call and we arranged a visit to their premises to view the Bosch heat pump. Installation was arranged for early the following week, and we were extremely impressed by the work of their plumber and gas fitter, Rob and their electrician, Brad who were punctual, skilled and efficient. We have since received a follow up call from their very helpful customer services staff to check all is well. Very impressed with this company and reassuring to know that they are available for any future service needs.

Exelant service and customer satisfaction

The work team arrived on time and were professionaland efficient. The work was completed in the stated time and the site cleared up. Customer satisfaction was a primary concern and we'll achieved.

Great system. Looks good on the roof.

Called Ureco, they arrived a couple of days later. The solar hot water that was in place was very old and leaking, the panels and tank were removed and the new system fitted into the same area as the old system. The new system was connected up without a problem and the plumbers explained what needed to be done over time. Thank you for a great job. Well done.

Great!

Quick safe and the sparkies plumbers workers were nice people. Office staff were nice and efficient will use this company again a lot of larger companies can learn from them

A 1 in 1000 company

I called the company to find out how to properly turn off my no longer working 15 to 20 year old gas storage system and was put in contact with Alex who answered all my questions. When he found out I had had no hot water for a while he worked hard to find me a payment option that suited my needs and answered emails on friday night and Saturday to help me decide which system best suited me.

My Sanden heat pump was installed quickly and efficiently and Martin, the plumber, managed to find a gas leak from my stove and came back the very next day to fix this. While he was at it, he replaced the connection of the stove to the wall which had been poorly done, allowing me to clean behind my stove for the first time since moving in. And I was charged a price that I am certain barely covers the cost.

So in every step of the way Ureco went above and beyond their responsibility and saved me a lot of money, headache and possibly some lives. I can’t recommend them enough.