Van Heusen

Van Heusen

1.3 from 16 reviews · View Details

1.3

Online ordering - wanting your licence and utility bills

Ordered online $450 of clothing from Van Heusen Australia. Cards declined due to fraud for no reason. A check with my banks revealed no issues. No previous online purchases with VA or any fraud activity.
Contacted customer support who requested my driver's licence and a utility bill, to verify my identity. Never have I seen this in the online space and would not recommend purchasing online.

Store LocationOnline
patchy1970

patchy1970Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't buy - Bad Quality & even worse customer service!

All the work shirts I buy are Van Heusen shirts and the quality was reliable. Recently I thought I would buy more online so I bought 4 shirts. The quality is so bad, that after one wash they faded & the sizing is so inconsistent - I called the online number and the lady was rude and asked whether they were still in the original packaging, she was also pretty condescending - Very unhelpful ...I explained no they aren't that's how I know they don't fit correctly -Don't buy their shirts, they are a joke and if they employ people like that they will be the next to close their doors id imagine.

That's the last time I spend any money instore or online.

Sizing Slightly small
Store LocationOnline
Janet M.

Janet M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avoid the Southland store

The worst manager is based at Southland store. His manner is arrogant and brusque. When I complained to other staff hoping they would refer it to head office, they told him instead. The next time I visited he confronted me about this and after a heated debate called security. I went home and got all the items I bought and went in to get a refund. He refused me a refund and called security lying to them that I was violent and spitting at him. Of course security did not believe this angry unprofessional person and asked that he give me back my refund which he did. As I am a female this bully treated me in such an appalling manner. Avoid this store at all cost.

Sizing Slightly large
Store LocationSouthland store

tracya

tracya

$20 gift certificate con

I was issued with a $20 gift certificate by email and sent numerous emails to use my gift, went to the store and told a minimum $100 purchase was needed to get the gift. Total con and all goodwill out the window.

Store LocationBirkenhead Point
gs

gsMelbourne

Even their upper range is badly made

I recently purchased 5 of their upper range shirts from Myer as part of a work uniform. They have been washed and ironed and are now ready for their first use.

So I write this before even wearing them.
Already fabric is separating at the sleeve seam as there is too little material for the machinists to sew together. Loose threads hang unfinished from multiple points of the shirt fronts and cuffs, a sign that the Indonesian factories that make the shirts are either careless or not paid enough to do a decent job.

Regretfully I once previously made the mistake of buying two of the lesser $49.95 shirts for casual wear. What a waste of money - they lasted just a few wears.

My recommendation - spend a little more on a much better brand.

Store LocationMyer
Karls

KarlsAU

Not the Van Heusen of old

Years ago I used to buy Van Heusen shirts, and the quality was reliable. Recently I thought I would give them another go, so I bought 4 shirts. The quality is so bad, that after one wash I have thrown all the shirts in the bin. I can buy quality shirts from overseas for what I paid for these. Don't buy their shirts, they are a joke.

Store LocationSouth Bank
Gillian C

Gillian CGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor Quality

Have bought these shirts for my husband for years. However the past two years the collars have worn through in a couple of months, particularly where they are reinforced. I will not be buying them any more. I was particularly disappointed that the store that I have purchased them from in Ringwood were not at all interested in the flaws in their product.

DAVE

DAVEPalm Beach Gardens

SLEEVES TOO SHORT & TOO NARROW - MEN'S JACQUARD STRIP POCKET PLOL - MADE IN VIETNAM

Rubbish quality and inconsistent materials and cuts

Jenny

JennyAdelaide

Shirts wear out quickly

Van Heusen collars on shirts wear out before anything else. Even within 2 years of wearing. Why is that? They fray out where the collar has it's fold. The rest of the shirt is fine.

Mary

MarySydney, NSW

Delivery time is unreliable

Shipment advice on web site 2 - 5 working days - actual delivery time is? Who knows. No explanation, no contact, no delivery after 20 days. Have asked for order to be cancelled and funds returned.

rhsuresh

rhsuresh

Not the Van Heusen what I know a decade ago-Quality has dropped very badly

I bought shirts (In August 2017) to see buttons are falling off after 2-3 uses!! Even stitches are coming out. No quality at all. I was fan of Van Heusen but not any more.

DJAus

DJAusMelbourne

Premium price tag, cheap quality, inconsistent sizing

I purchased 4 shirts - all of size 44 Sleeve 90. This size is normally exact fitting for me.

However, only 2 of the 5 shirts purchased fitted. The shirts were all of the same style except different colors.

It is clear that if you find a size that fits, you cannot rely on that at all. What's the point of even having sizes if it varies so much.

Also, the buttons are not well attached and fall off after a few months.

For a premium priced shirt, its very disappointing. Will not buy again.

Thomatbr

ThomatbrSydney, NSW

Good in the past, not so much now

My Van Heusen shirts bought around year 2000 were of very good quality and feel for the price. Almost all of my shirts I've bought in the last 2 years from them have had significantly decreased comfort and feel. Myer regularly has discounts on these around June/July every year. It isn't worth buying these at full price.

They have also significantly narrowed the range of different sleeve length combinations and have less choice in the slim fit range compared to what used to be offered.

Sorry, I'm taking my business elsewhere from now on.

Return policy is useless

Their returns instructions are wrong.
Courier (toll) wouldn't pick up goods.
VanHeusen say instructions are right and Toll is wrong.
Now they say use Aussie Post...

Phone support staff are arrogant and untrained.

Leonie Small

Leonie SmallUpper Orara

Beware the free returns offer