3.8 from 2,751 reviews

3.8

2,751 reviews
Assad

Assad

I am shocked with the bill I received.

I have been charged 89 for a bill without getting a single notice why?
Is a joke.
I have been with other providers before and didn't have such an experience ever. I want to get at least a SMS when there is extra data used

deFendo7

deFendo7Sydney, NSW

Very happy with unsolicited plan upgrades at no extra cost.

No problems at all for me with network coverage in sydney metro area. No call dropouts ever. No internet speed issues except when in the train on the harbour bridge...why is that?

David B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Yay Vaya Again!! Who Needs NBN?

Yay Vaya Again!! Vaya's 4G is great. Speeds from 25 (rarely) to 150 depending on time of day are terrific. Who needs fixed line NBN and a landline? We take our little Alcatel modem (up to 12 devices) when we travel around Aus. And now Vaya has rewarded its loyal customers like us with double data on both our phones AND our 4G mobile wifi modem. This is such a great gift. Thanks Vaya. PS Vaya is now Amazing Amaysim.

Plan Cost per MonthA$44.00
Included Data per Month80 GB

Adriel

AdrielSouth East Queensland, QLD

Signal service is ok, but. Their billing are THIEVES.

I was happy on my previous carrier until these thieves took it over. I call Vaya thieves because they change extras on top of your bill for paying your bill and then even more on top of that so they can perpetually charge late fees. Vaya are THIEVES.

Do not join Vaya, they will steal from you.

Included Data per Month16 GB

Best decision I made...Vaya

Been with Vaya ever since I got my first mobile phone! Can't think of anything negative. Prompt supportive and patient. Generous and considerate during the Covid pandemic. Vaya rocks!! And thank you.

AmaysimVaya

did not get refund as promised. bad customer service

Cancelled my account before next billing cycle and woman on phone assured me that i would not get charged any more fees. I did get charged those fees. called back second time and enquired about why i was still being charged after i cancelled my account and why i was getting charged biling fee after i deactivated. person on phone was not polite and raising his voice. in the end it was agreed to refund 1 month and billing fee. i only got refunded the 2.50 billing fee and not the 1 month amount.

T1mm0

T1mm0Murray Mallee, SA

Fantastic value for money

Data has been increased several times since joining, at no extra cost. There have been no issues with the service whatsoever. Only sometimes, the coverage with another carrier could be larger. Seldom a problem

Included Data per Month5 GB
AmaysimVaya

Awesome cheap and no hassle

Very reliable fast internet pleanty of data, been with Vaya for 6 years no problems easy to talk to quick to respond. Always have deals on, i would recommend Vaya.

Jill

JillSydney Surrounds, NSW

Bestest {probably no such word}

You are the best in good times and bad... and then some you have been there for me. I used to be an Optus customer and then my daughters told me I could do better for my pensioner needs. And they were right.

Maureen

MaureenMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Very Happy Customer

People complain that my end drops cut in and out but I can hear them alright.
I find that it does not pick up the Wifi in some parts of my house, eg in lounge room which is in the next door to the Wifi, comes up as 1/2 to1 bar on phone. in the bedroom furthest away from the Wifi is the strongest 21/2 to 3 bars and callers can hear me when on speaker.

Included Data per Month3 GB
HomeHandyChap

HomeHandyChapSydney, NSW

Any Optus customer that doesn't migrate to Vaya is crazy!

I was an unhappy Optus customer that got sick of high costs and low service. I changed to Vaya and got better service at a fraction of the cost - still using the Optus network.

Plan Cost per MonthA$18.00

Love these guys!

I've been with Vaya for five or six years and they have upgraded my plan a number of times, as a reward for my loyalty! If only more companies followed Vaya's lead - there'd be a lot more happy customers out there! I've also found their coverage and speeds to be good, with no dropouts! Keep up the good work Vaya!

dandanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Mobile devices. Excellent and providing confidence I've been able to trust.vayaThanks.

Good customer service, happy with my experience with vaya.
The extended data can only get better,very satisfied with all
enquire' s. Providing confidence . Data speed has been working well .Thank you.

Just perfect

Very very happy with network coverage excellent , never had any problems too bad . Not very good in some places but neither is telstra. So Happy with the free upgrades . I will be staying with Avaya so many rewards for being a loyal customer never had this before and cheap .

AmaysimVaya

So glad I got put onto these guys

Joined a few years ago - $16/m unlimited talk & text with 2gb of data (I wasn't using much at the time). They've since bumped me up to 3, then 4, then 8gb. Still $16/m. Gave me 3 months of unlimited data when lockdown hit, which really helped with online classes.

Just does the job, you know? No nonsense. No issues. No dropouts. Easy website, easy customer service the one time I needed to talk about my voicemail or whatever it was.

If only they did internet too lol.

Sushil

SushilSydney, NSW

Reliable and excellent service.

I never had any problem with Vaya. Rather I wanted to take my another phone with it. I am going to do it soon. Very good after sales service and a good customer service .

Reliable and efficient.

I switched from a prepaid plan with Telstra to Vaya $16/month plan a few years ago now. I was so impressed by the reliability, service and cheap cost that my wife and son have now also now switched to Vaya. We are all happy with it. Paul

Included Data per Month4 GB
John

JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Another increase in data

Vaya has done it again. They have doubled our data from 1/6/2020 at the same price. It does not get any better than this. Well done Vaya. Good and reliable service

Aninka

AninkaMelbourne

They like to punish their customers - like dictators

Alphonse L.

Alphonse L.Western District, VIC

The True Star

Plan TypePost-Paid with Phone
Included Data per Month1 GB

Craig T

Craig Tasked

Hi, I just opened up an account for my mother and wanted to port her number over from Telstra. I was not aware that the Telstra account was in my fathers name and now I have been told that this cannot be done on Vaya's end. They have some other services with Telstra so they do not want to change the account name with Telstra. Please tell me we can change the account name at Vaya's end. They are eldeerley and I was trying to same them some money. Thanks - Craig

David B.

I don’t know Craig. I suggest you ask at your local Telstra and Optus shops (Vaya are Optus resellers). Also on Vaya’s website you can chat with them or email them. Good luck.

Kayeasked

I am with bays with my mobile but I don’t have internet in my home please help me as to what to do

David B.

Hi Kaye. I presume you mean ‘Vaya’, not ‘bays’. (If you don’t understand all this, go to your local Optus store for help. They helped me.) Now, in your mobile phone, you will already have a SIM. You will have data available on that SIM, as well as calls and texts. When you pay your phone bill with Vaya, you are paying for these calls, texts and data. If you want to, you can use your phone as a ‘hotspot’, by connecting your computer (or tablet) to it by Bluetooth, and therefore your phone becomes like a modem, connecting your computer to the internet. But this only allows you 3 connected devices, and it's not great for your phone battery. Also, you probably don’t have much data available. The better idea is to buy a little 4G wifi modem about the size of your phone ($45 at Kmart) to use as the hotspot modem instead of your phone. What you do is go online with Vaya and add another phone number to your account, but you only want to use the data, not the calls and texts, and you are sent a SIM for this number. You slip the SIM into the little modem, activate the number (like you did originally for your phone), and now you have a home mobile wifi modem for about 10 devices! (Careful, if you connect 10 devices simultaneously, you’ll all have very slow internet!) But wait! How much data should you have on this second phone number? If you have an internet connection at the moment, find out from your provider how much data you used each month over the last year and average it out. Add 20-50% or so and look for a monthly no contract plan for that amount of data. (We averaged 25GB per month, so we bought a 50GB plan for $44/month.) Vaya have really good deals, and they reward loyal customers with extra data (Vaya have now given us 80GB/month for no extra charge). Also, you get this extra data only phone number on the same bill as your other mobile phone, which is convenient. Go onto www.whistleout.com.au for the best 4G monthly deals. If you’ve bought too much or little data the first month, don’t worry. Just change it next month, because you won’t be buying a lock-in contract. You can even take your modem with you on holidays! Call into your local Optus store and ask them to explain it all to you, and also help you with the set-up. They should be happy to (mine was), because Vaya are an Optus reseller. But be careful what package the Optus store want to sell you, because Optus plans are more expensive than Vaya. For more info about 4G mobile home wifi, just google it. I hope this explains it for you. Good luck!

David B.

By the way, Kaye, I don't work for Vaya, Amaysim (who now own Vaya) or Optus. Also, make sure you have good 4G phone reception at you house! Cheers, David.

Kaye

Thank you David that was really helpful

Calvin W.

Calvin W.asked

I had a jeenee account with 3 phones. 2 of those phones were not allowed excess data charges. I didn't ask to be changed to vaya and i certainly did not turn this feature back on. So these excess charges should not be turned back on for these 2 phones. $22 for 18gb i don't want to pay 1 cent more than that... Can we get a work around for this, or do i need to contact the ombudsman to sort this out. And don't say $40 per gb over if i turn it off.... Don't let my data go over, is it that hard to do

Get an answer from our members and Vaya representatives

Other Mobile Phone Service Providers