Vergola

Vergola

AlanR

AlanRSouth Australia

North facing upstairs deck

Our upstairs deck is north facing and so got the full sun in the heat of the day, installing a Vergola is perfect as we can close off the sun when we need to and open it up to let the sun in when we have a cooler day.
The approval process and the installation went as smooth as could be and the installer (Andy) did a great job.

Job Satisfaction
Rates and Fees
Store LocationAdelaide

LenF

December 2016 Vergola Construction Not really good enough. One Star or Less.

Job Satisfaction
Rates and Fees
Store LocationBrisbane

Scholz constructions

Scholz constructionsSouthern and Hills, SA

Vergola really lived up to its excellent reputation

I have recently used Vergola on two high profile jobs in the Adelaide Hills. My clients were very happy with the resulting very efficient system.
I was very impressed by the efficiency, honesty and cost effectiveness of the company. They took pride in their product, had excellent communication and were easy to deal with. I have no hesitation in recommending them to you.

Store LocationVergola representative John Sheehan
Ganen G.

Ganen G.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great product, excellent service

I couldn't be happier with my Vergola. The whole process was super smooth from pre-sales, contract and council approval through to installation and after-sales support. Had a slight issue with the stormwater pipe but they were quick to assess and remedy the situation with no fuss.

Store LocationSouth Australia

Maureen

MaureenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very Impressed !

I have always loved the idea of a Vergola space and recently organized a visit from the S.A. branch. I couldn't be happier with the professional approach to my particular needs, on time for home visits, detailed explanation on all aspects of the job with creative new ideas suggested for me to think about. No pressure at any time, just service and support, thank you Vergola! maureen

Store LocationS.A

Morty

MortySydney, NSW

Was good in its day

Tranter

Tranter

Has some problems but the company is helpful

I have had a Vergola installed for about 8 years now. The clips holding the blades into position are weak and flimsy and I have had to pop rivet at least 10 blades and endcaps back into position. Now the quadrant gear that operates one half of the roof system has come loose but an easy fix.

Charles

CharlesBrisbane

When your vergola system packs up

Poor after sales service

karen27AU

Two months ago my Vergola fell down...

I have had my Vergola, for about 12 years now, I did have trouble with it... With one of the roof not opening all the way only half way no more.. They tried to fix it but still didn't work properly... Then it started to leak and if it rain heavy it would all get wet underneath anyway... I was never going to get another one of these roofs, but when it fell down at 11.00 pm one night.. Thank god no one was under it, like my pets... What a mess !! Because I had insurances, I am getting another one build now, just started.... They tell me that this one is a better system then my old one, also it closes when it starts to rain, which my old one didn't do that !! So I just have to wait to see how this one turns out....

Sheppo

SheppoNSW, 2519

Our 3rd Vergola better than ever!

Fantastic....we have a whole new living area

The job is now completed and we are extremely happy with the finished results.
It has been a professional process from the start to finish and dealing with Andrew in the initial stages was a pleasure
Both Rob and Richard were sensational. Great tradesman, easy to get along with, courteous and kept the site clean.
I highly recommend Vergola

The Vergola has given me another room outside!

I chose the Vergola for my courtyard and am thrilled with the building from start to finish. I had to call the company for a couple of minor things and got instant satisfaction. It gives me privacy from overlooking properties and I can choose to have sun shine through or cut off the harsh sun if I want. The rain sensor closes the roof and protects my cane furniture.

Phil

Phil

Even better than we expected.

We bought the Vergola in Melbourne. Chris (salesman) was a pleasure to deal with. He answered every question, gave us advice on side and colour to use. He even kept us in the loop throughout the whole process. I was a little hesitant with this type of roof however after it was installed I am so happy with the outcome. We get total protection from the weather. We don't feel 'closed in' and we now use the area nearly every night while the weather is warm. It is a space we now use. We don't plan on moving for a while but when we do, we will be getting another Vergola installed.

Des Jorgensen

Des JorgensenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Vergola In Melbourne

Chris (our consultant) came to our door and gave us plenty of options for a Vergola on a new build property.
Chris explained the ins and outs of the process, organised the building permit and a few months later the Vergola was up and ready to use. Customer service with these guys was great and any issues or questions we had we just called Chris direct. Light is pushed back into the house in winter, shade is readily adapted with the remote and the rain sensor saves everything on the back decking for getting soaked. We could not be any happier with service and the installation.

Vergola in Mount Gambier

We showed ours to others who were very impressed, because.we are very happy with the product as it has worked flawlessly.

RC
Mt Gambier SA

Professional service! High Quality product!!

Would never have a home without one.

A great feature with ample benefits.

Seem to be a few competitors out there but why would I go elsewhere with such great service and outstanding product???

Gianni
Gianni

A big thankyou to Jit and the whole team

cindy

cindyMountain Creek

Didn't turn up for appointment

I waited 30 mins for the sales rep to arrive. When he didn't turn up I phoned the office. The manager rung back and advised the rep had car troubles. . She also said he was out of range when I asked why I had not been contacted. She advised that his priority was his car at this point.
If he could ring a tow truck, he could ring the client that the rep left waiting.
I found the Sunshine Coast franchise very unprofessional, so did not wish to rebook another consultation.

C. ANDERSEN

C. ANDERSENSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor manufacture

Not impressed

Not impressed

Would not recommend

Zita

Zitaasked

How do I close my Vergola whilst I am away for a long period of time?

LenF

If it is a 240v non solar powered Vergola the control box should be plugged into a powerpoint all be this may be in the roof/ceiling space the best would be to put the vergola blades in the state you want them in & switch off the power.

Donna M.

Donna M.asked

I had the Vergola closed completely as it was raining. Rained all night, but some time during the night it opened itself - again. Had this happen a few times now. So this morning, still raining, it is wide open and the deck is completely wet?? How do I permanently disable the rain feature??

LenF

It must have stopped raining at some point during the night & there was enough wind to dry the sensor so the roof opende the blades again. Normally this would close again with the rain but if big drops & sparse it often does not close very quick so you do get an amount of rain in. The only way I know how resolve this is to switch off at the power connection. Ours has a plug socket that is inside the soffit/roof overhang only accessible by removing a vent cover. I have considered having an external weatherproof switch fitted but have not done this yet. It would also be very beneficial in high wind storms as it is recommended that you "feather" the louvers in this situation, that is to put them in the vertical fully open state so you don't get wind pressure on the closed vergola. With the current system if there is any rain it will or should close negating any position you have set it in.
Sorry not an easier solution, the old system in our 1996 vergola closed the roof if it was left open & it rained & we had to re open if we wanted after the rain stopped. Although this did not resolve the storm/high wind issue I still think that was a much better option back then & an easily accessible switched powerpoint was all part of the standard installation, we did not have to ask for it it was just done. There is one other option & that is to disconnect at least one wire from the rain sensor & this will disable it completely, it is a low voltage control circuit so should be no risk associated with doing that just make sure the wire is moved away from the sensor board so no water can activate it.

LenF

Oh ! if you have a solar powered Vergola which I don't have I think the only option would be to disconnect the rain sensor as described.

Password is 193647

Password is 193647asked

How do you get the control box powered up again?

Ben J. T.
Ben J. T.

The control box is plugged into a 240v outlet. Typically the unit must be disconnected for approximately 30 seconds for a clean system reset. Units from 2000 ish onwards will give a high pitch tone that dies after a few seconds signaling disconnection. If your vergola has a battery back up the small sla battery must be unplugged also. They werent the best addition to the systems due to the relatively short lifespan and were phased out quicker than the use of coconut for posts. Benny, former installer for 15 years...

CategoryPhysical Shops and Home Renovators