Lumo Energy

• Rates and Fees
Ethan T.

Ethan T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Avoid at all cost

Wish I can give them 0 stars. Called about $50 refer a friend offer but they insisted I did not entered in my friends account number, which I gave to them on two separate occasions. Them denied my claim on the basis of not having an account number in their system. Wasted 50 mins of my life on this crappy customer service from India. Avoid them at all cost.

Tib

Worst energy company ever

Lumo Review

Lumo ReviewMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

awful - overcharges & bad customer service

They never read the electricity meter due to “property electrical works” and “no power connected”. No works & power was connected

We were overcharged 5x our regular rate and they said nothing can be done about it

Their only way of contact is through phone. I’ve called several times & every time they are rude, don’t listen to me, repeat themselves and dodge questions

certainly do not recommend!!!!

Anonymous

AnonymousVictoria

Worst enemy company ever

Terrible customer service

When i signed up with them they couldn't find my meter number on the national database so they just to added the house next door instead as my supply address.
When i contacted them to get it resolved said it was my responsibility to get the database updated.
Started out helpful until they asked to send an email, then pretended they didnt recieve it and hung up on me 5 times after that.
Have contacted the energy ombudsman, not wasting anymore of my time with them.

Do we change or not

They ask you to do a survey but it cannot be completed because it appears to close down when negative answers are submitted. They were good but now the raised there rates above any one elses. We are pensioners but did not want to listen

mllllllll

mllllllll

India call centre don’t bother can’t communicate

Lumo the worst provider

Lumo the worst providerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst service ever in Australia

I wish i can give them 0 star.
Was trying to get our meter connected since 28th of July, guess what, it's September now and nothing happened!
They made so many mistakes and they never call you back to let you know what's happened! Average calling time 1 hour get nothing done, good job Lumo!

Darikt

DariktGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy switching process and competitive price

We were with other provider before with Lumo and decided to switch. The whole switching process was easy. Probably waited no more than 5 business days. The price we initially signed up with was very attractive but since then have changed (from 1 January 2020). It is understandable though but I would hope that it was not a 20% jump on loading price. There reward program is a plus. Overall, very satisfied with Lumo.

Jessemy J.

Jessemy J.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lumo Energy is APPALLING

I contacted Lumo last week and requested my electricity to be connected at my unit. 5 days and about ten ‘long’ phone calls later, it’s still not connected. The customer service was horrific. The call centre team do not seem to know how to use their brains, their English is poor, they talk over you, they put you on hold for long periods of time, they repeat themselves, they make excuses, the list could go on. Even trying to cancel their services was horrific. It’s possibly the worst company I have ever dealt with - and that’s saying something.
Just be warned people.

Heath

HeathMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Horrible customer service and communication skills!

100% of the time you will talk to some one get good information then get immediately transferred some one else (or more ) who doesn't can't give you the same consistent information. When questioning this they claim that they use different systems.

When moving house they don't even correctly put in the disconnections. So prepare a couple of painful hours on the phone so your account can get sorted!

Not a fan.

Not a fan.Australian Capital Territory

Don’t do it

Customer service via phone is terrible. Even when simple matters are queried you will be placed on hold for long periods and given no resolution. I do not recommend lumo energy!

Mark C.

Mark C.

Terrible customer service

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back

I would active advise people to avoid Lumo Energy

I have had so much trouble with Lumo since updating my credit card details for a direct debit on our gas/electricity account. I have spent 30+ minutes on the phone to Lumo on three separate occasions trying to resolve this issue, which is still ongoing. Don't go with Lumo!

Don't... Just don't

Graham

GrahamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dreadful customer service

Matthew F.

Matthew F.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

This company is a joke.

Had Lumo for gas and electricity at a rental property. Had complications regarding property access for disconnection due to it being a community title gated access to gas and electricity metre. Finding a solution through the call center operators was useless, frustrating, repetitive and after four attempts across 6 weeks of performing the same process I escalated to the supervisor (this option was only agreed to after giving them the ultimatum of taking to the ombudsman). Resolve was delivered within 2 weeks for final bill of $34. They argued for 6 weeks and paid 8 hours of call operator wages for $35.

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back
Gerry Walker

Gerry WalkerSouthwest, VIC

Poor customer service

They allowed an old account to remain active and able to receive payments, and then refused to credit payments paid into the old account to the tune of $2151. Amounts to theft.

Gaylene

GayleneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No Idea,very slow

I signed up to Lumo back in Dec 2019. I had just had solar installed, and then received. bill from them for $800. I've never had a bill for anything over $400. They informed me that they were going to install a Smart meter. My Solar installer and Lumo both told me it would take around 14 days.
Well here it is 13 May and I have been informed by Lumo that it will be installed on the 10 June. What a bloody joke. Paid a lot of money for Solar and can't use it till the new meter goes on.
They need to me investigated.