Lumo Energy

Lumo Energy

See the Best Energy Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Paul

PaulGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Con Artists

Lumo's costs are terrible, installed solar power not gaining anything from Lumo
Sending reminder notices before getting the original bill
Originally giving a 20% discount now they are giving nothing
Costs continually increasing, customer service are terrible they can't work out electricity charges

ServicesElectricity, Gas and Solar Buy-Back

mummp

mummpGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Well You Are Not Paying For Customer Service

Geoffrey T.

Geoffrey T.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Blocking transfer to another company

Been trying to transfer my gas to another company for nearly a year now and Lumo just keeps denying the request. Have had 4 rates increases in a year also.

Truckin_toto

Truckin_totoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rate rise after 5 weeks!

I joined with Lumo on the back of a cold call at my door as I was in the market to change providers and the spiel was very persuasive. Now, 5 weeks after signing up, I have been hit with a rate increase which makes the once good deal no longer very attractive. I have contacted them and received the reply that the rate is going up regardless and I can leave anytime I like. One more try and if I get no satisfaction then I will be looking elsewhere.

Cindy

CindyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Horrible service

I would never recommend this service to any one they are scammers and crap talkers after getting charged from another company and lumo for gas they are saying that cant see I have the email from both companies showing what I have payed half of the people cant even understand what you are saying on the phone like crap sack please dont use this company

Tien

TienMelbourne

Dishonest company

Bad experience! Keep overcharging when u notify them that you are about to leave them, tried to rip me off. Have left and paid in full 3 yrs ago, now still receiving their email that i am overdue, which is ridiculous.

Waste of time.

Have been with Lumo for a while and ended up switching company's due to their continual mistakes with overcharging, charging more than once for the same bill that was already paid, and dumping over $800 worth of bills in 3 months on my partner an I (which is about 6 months worth of bills for us usually) due to their "system malfunctioning" and not being able to send us the bills per month as they should be. I am beyond frustrated with Lumo and their lack of logic and consideration towards their customers. Calling them for information/help is pointless because they just take you in circles the entire call. Please, don't waste your time, look elsewhere.

Cat

CatCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Not impressed

Currently on my second night of no gas thanks to a mistake by Lumo over a bill paid 2wks ago. Don't understand why it's not a priority to reconnect me

Bob D.

Bob D.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Moving to LUMO ?? Please think twice.

I signed up for Elect only, they promised low bills. Result:- power bills twice what my previous supplier charged. And skinned me on the solar. This is the first time I have made a review ever, but feel it's my fault for being sucked in by a glib salesman.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
Chickenlegs

ChickenlegsIllawarra, NSW

Absolute disgrace, dishonest and discount offers are a myth

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back

Brody J.

Brody J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stay away and be very careful of LUMO

Lee-Anne P.

Lee-Anne P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Animal service - don't go with Lumo

After 3 days of trying to have the power turned on, at least 5 requests being raised, guess what, no power, no supervisor to talk to, no recompense, no anything. Don't believe any of their spin, terrible service - and I can't even comment on after sales non service!

Frustrated by BCSG

Not Trustworthy

Emily S

Emily SCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Glad I left

Loyal customer for 26 months with no issues, was affordable until September 2018
when I moved rentals, they all of the sudden couldn't find my address and tried to tell me I didn't ring 3 weeks in advance as per my contract. I submitted call logs and verified history by my phone provider. Was sorted 3 days later.

When I tried to cancel because I got a better offer in October 2018, they sent me a bill.... 6 months later for $654.21 (April 2019) , I challenged it and explained consumer law that since their business ethics failed to mention this in their terms and conditions, I legally didn't have to pay. Only reason I was able to walk away because I got a lawyer involved.

Avoid lumo like the plague.

Rorted

RortedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Started out great, cheap and good service, nosedived in last 6 months.

Skyrocketing bills, changed my account no, frustrating website to navigate, wastes customer time by offering different plans that are barely any different, if not more expensive. every detail of personal information is required before you can even provide limited feedback. Advertised prices don’t reflect actual prices.

Peter G.

Peter G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Confusing billing, invoicing and no more joint accounts

I was recently moved to their new platform:
- I no longer had access to my usage history (confirmed by them as no longer available)
- could not have two properties on one bill and
- have the most confusing bills and no clear idea on whether they have been paid or are due.

ServicesElectricity and Gas

Completely useless, couldn't even manage to connect power to a property

Had from Wednesday to connect the power to a property being moved into on the friday, spent all of friday on the phone with them refusing accountability and failing to render any form of assistance or service. As far as I'm concerned, their "customer service " if you can call them that, is nothing short of criminally negligent. After more than 8 hours of being given the run around, told them to shove it and called origin who had the issue rectified within 10 minutes

Lin

LinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It used to be good, but its reward program is letting their customers down

Ninomada

NinomadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

wrong billing and nil help from customer service

I was billed wrong because they had problem generating they bills and they told me that they had problems but I had to pay my accounts.I was told that they sent me the accounts to my postal address but I was on direct debit and always they sent me the account to my email. Their customer service is the worst I have come across and now I have to pay for their mistakes.