Virgin Mobile Broadband

Virgin Mobile Broadband

See the Best Mobile Broadband Providers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Virgin

• Adequate Speeds Yes (1) · No (1)
Niki
NikiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Richard Branson profiteered from most vulnerable

Richard stole our trust and ran away with our money and left us for dogs to eat us. Stupid us got stung $15 late fees for years - run Richard run but you can’t hide from God. Inferior service keeps cutting out and no one to help. But keep getting charged for everything and anything. We need to take class action to make them stop profiteering from the vulnerable

Phil
PhilSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good coverage and data

I have virgin mobile broadband and have used it in lots of areas throughout Queensland and Northern NSW and find the coverage to be excellent. More often than not it works better than other mainstream providers in my area. If I have any issues I have called them and most of the time they credit my account as compensation.

BamixerSydney Surrounds, NSW

VM Broadband now forces ALL customers onto an automatic excess data upload plan instead of cutting o

Bamixer

I'm now following up with Dept Of Fair Trading since VM seem to be uninterested in this issue.

Mobile Broadband Providers

Find out how Virgin Mobile Broadband compares to other Mobile Broadband Providers

Ahmed
AhmedPerth

Terrible

No reception inside my home, have to go outside to make and receive calls. Customer service is a nightmare! Mistake signing a contract with Virgin

mims
mimscanberra

good service

I have had an iphone 7 plus contract with Virgin for a year now and it has been great. It was so easy just to go in store and get the phone with no complications even though i had to change my number over from telstra. I found that the pricing was great coming from a students point of view and also the coverage is awesome!

Connection Type3G/4G Mobile Broadband

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
365GWA
365GWACanberra 2600, ACT

Pity they are closing

After some bad experiences with competitors, I found Virgin Mobile. They're quote was really good, and the support they have through the app, online and calling was excellent. Their coverage was strong too.
Unfortunately they have decided to (or have been made to) stop operating and gave me a few months to research an alternate provider, and also arranged a similar quote with their parent company so I wasn't left out in the cold.
Virgin were really good , and I'd have been happy to stay with them, if they kept their doors open.
If they resume operation at any stage, I'll be keen to compare their services and return.

Chiara
Chiara

good value

im on the promotion for 32 dollars a month with 20 gb and 500 dollars to call overseas and it all rolls over. Amazing

A.Tha
A.ThaAU

I get no interruptions and use it on my ipad as a backup and it's always reliable. Speeds are decent for the price. Would recommend 100%

Lou
LouTasmania

The best internet I could ask for.

The service cost $60/month and gave me a phone line (Australia wide) and unlimited internet usage. A sim card went into the side as was a plug for a desk phone. A 3 minutes set-up straight from the box. The system was password enabled at my request. Best of all, the service call center was in Australia!!! So good to speak with a local service center. I found the internet and phone system to be extremely reliable as long as it was plugged into the power point and the power was on. For it's value, it was the best available in my opinion.

Thirsty GeckoFar North Queensland, QLD

Virgin Mobile Broadband Now Force Customers To Accept Extra Data When It’s Not Wanted

Connection Type3G/4G Mobile Broadband

Terrible cust service, slow or stop your service

When you are out of contract they slow your service down then stop completely. No internet and make it hard to ring out. When you ring to find out was is happening they tell you they don’t support that plan and they offer a more expensive plan. Might be a cheaper option at the beginning but you are better going with a more reputable carrier who looks after there customer and has good customer support.

Jade007
Jade007Sydney

Good Connection

We signed up for 12 months with Virgin Wi-fi 3 months ago and so far it have been good. We are in Sydney and use 3G network on 2 laptops and we have no issues. It is handy that any unused data can be rollover for next month's usage. Setup was easy, just visit a Virgin shop and it takes 10- 15 minutes, Good price too.

S Tan
S TanMelbourne

Convenient and one of the cheaper mobile broadband plans around

Bought this a few years back as my housemate did not want to share a naked broadband plan. The price is much better compared to a lot of other broadband plans. Get a further discount by bundling my mobile phone plan to it. Haven't had issues with their customer service so far. Speed used to be ok although it has slowed down quite a bit in the last few weeks.

Karine
KarineHughesdale

Broadband data disappears like magic

Reading a few reviews here and it seems i am not the only one experiencing this issue. I am on a 13gb plan with Virgin and over the last 2 months the 13gb have disappeared in a matter of days (5gb download/day) we only use the internet to check emails and social media at night. Customer service not able to give details of where data is going. Having serious doubts about the accuracy of data download information and will be cancelling this service.

4g wireless internet crap

Between 6pm and 10pm the internet speed is terrible!! Latency is Horrible there tech support blame the speed on your end but the magical thing is how come the internet speed is good through the day then 1 it hit 6pm it's poor, fix your phone towers!!

Read more reviews - page 2

Allan R.
Allan R.asked

I have a Virgin Mobile wireless broadband service and wondered what speed it typically operates on and how this compares to what is available on the NBN? I will of course soon have to switch, either to the NBN or another wireless mobile network, so I would like to be able to accurately compare the speeds available.

WalterWombat
WalterWombatasked

Is anyone else out there using Virgin 4g postpaid broadband service having problems with the Huawei MF920A wi_fi modem? Specifically the modem battery expanding after only a few months service, such that it can no
longer close the modem case? And the service starts to get slower and slower? What experience have others received when contacting Virgin support online or by telephone?

Thirsty Gecko

We had that happen with the ZTE mobile modem. I understand it’s the lithium battery that can do that and some are more prone than others. Ours started doing it after about 9-10 months. By end of contract, we knew it needed replacing and upgraded to 60GB plan with new modem.

The Virgin modems shoud have warranty for 12 months so you shouldn’t have any issue getting a replacement as it’s a battery fault that you can’t fix or is repairable. Also, it happens through normal use.

I found Virgin’s support excellent as long as you go via their complaints department. Those guys are on the ball. It was a waste of time to do other avenues like online chat, but you can try it. We’ve been very happy with new service upgrade; getting very fast speeds in country area where snail’s pace was the norm.

Get an answer from our members and Virgin representatives