Virgin Car Insurance

Virgin Car Insurance

See the Best Car Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Melissa

MelissaGoulburn Valley, VIC

Don’t go with what so ever

My partner had car insurance with them. And come time to pay out the claim it got rejected and policy was canceled because he has a dvo. Now we are without a car and $18000 in the red.

Job Satisfaction

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Ahmet S

Ahmet SSydney Surrounds, NSW

Consider seriously before you get.

All good untill you make a claim under writers go for petty scenes and make it hard and depressing ask for service log books every possible question I went through hell. And the accident I was not at fault god help if I was at fault. Under writers Auto and General gave me hell.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

matthew

matthewMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Soooooo dodgy don't get scammed

Car ModelSubaru Liberty 5GEN
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Isho

IshoToowoomba

Avoid this company at all cost !!!!

Keith

KeithMelbourne, Vic

Great Price! No problems at all

I have been with Virgin Car Insurance for 8 months. I chose them on price alone as I have not made a claim for 10 years. The transition was easy and the staff I spoke with were friendly and helpful. Many reviewers have spoken of the 'hidden' cancellation cost of $40, this is only applicable if you terminate the policy before the completion of the 12 month contract. There also is a 21 day cooling of period where the policy may be cancelled with no fee incurred.
I would recommend Virgin Car Insurance to any budget conscious driver.

Hidden costs be careful

I have been with this insurance company a year or so. Glad i never had to make a claim as i dont think they would be helpful. Alot of hidden costs, just went to cancel a policy and they charged a cancelled fee. Just ridiculous! Wont use them again

Overit

Overit

Smooth transition

I moved to Virgin Money 10 months ago for car insurance. I recently traded my car in for a new one and the process to transfer my policy was easier than i could have imagined. Virgin Money were so easy to deal with and gave me all the information I needed.

Braddy

BraddyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Smooth Process

Had to lodge a claim with Virgin when someone reversed into my new car and drove off. From the initial phone calls, visiting the assessment centre, through to booking in with the panel beater, the whole process was very well handled and the job completed within a few weeks. The preferred third party panel beater (Gladstone Motor and Panel) fitted the new car door and did an amazing job with the paint work, like new again.

Phil E.

Phil E.

Lied to by Customer Service Rep

AVOID This company at all costs, I was lied to when trying to cancel my car insurance, I have now done so and been slugged with a $40 cancellation fee. WHAT a load of crap, when I originally wanted to cancel I was out of contract. This company has no morals and I know they might get my $40 but I WILL NEVER deal with them again so they've just lost whatever I've been paying and I will now go elsewhere. They have no idea how to treat customers or how to hold onto them. Not the reps fault today whom I've spoken with but they need to also monitor their reps and sack them and re think their policy agreements.

PS: I've scored them a 1 but would be a negative 2 if I could.

Mitch

MitchMelbourne

Absolute pus

Terrible experience when it came time to make a claim. Made to jump through hoops providing a driving record, answering a million questions all because somebody smashed my window and forced entry into my 12 month old car. The claim was cancelled after 1 day after I was asked to pay up front an excess, before even receiving a quote to repair. This company is a joke, don’t be fooled into budget insurance folks.

Worst service

Worst customer service!Bought a Comprehensive car insurance and they increased it after a month coz I didn’t comply with the requirements, I’ve provided them with NCD1 even charge $40 for insurance cancellation. Don’t buy any Insurance Products from Virgin Insurance.

Hitech

HitechWyong

Terrible Customer Service

Rang to get Business quote on Car Insurance and told would get a quote. Chased the quote another 2 times and still not received. Then got on chat online trying to get the quote they told me online different conditions to what I was told by phone. Then just fed me a generic website for me to look up if not satisfied with them. Inconsistent and what Customer Service??? Won't be insuring with them.

Wil

WilMelbourne

Roadside assist that has no idea about cars!

First time switching over to Virgin Car insurance. Was down yesterday with an overheating problem. Called in the Roadside assist. The guy came over an hours wait. Then the guy took a look at the car and said he wasn't a mechanic and had no idea about cars! So, he gave us a card to call the tow truck, then left. What sort of roadside assistance which doesn't know anything about cars? Whats the point of him coming anyhow? They should have just gave us the tow truck number over the phone! So stupid!

1 Month later STILL NO REPAIR

I put a claim through a month ago, they rang me up and added an EXTRA $500 to my premium on top of the already $2k that i'm paying for not reporting that I had put a claim through on someone elses insurance when they crashed into my car while it was parked in a carpark...
Still, over 30 days later, after paying what they asked and going through the process as fast as I could, I still have not had the claim processed through the system and am still waiting on my car to get fixed.

Aleks P

Aleks P

Only chase you to pay them...

Sally

SallySydney

Massively over priced insurance. Try Suncorp

We have held a car insurance policy with Virgin for 5 years. I have just had a quote for $350 less a year for exactly the same policy. Just waited 10 minutes on hold to discuss why we are paying so much as loyal customers who have never made a claim.

Look elsewhere

Called up to seek the correct information about the no claim bonus before paying for my policy. Once I paid for my policy they told me I wasn't entitled to what I had been told and that I'd have to pay an additional $400 to keep my current policy.
Everyone was extremely unhelpful and had no solution for the misinformation that I was provided. It was either pay up or go else where. Just looked at my accounts and they refunded me with no noticed and also cut me short of $80. They waste my time and didn't refund me the full amount.
Horrible experience.

Tom

TomMelbourne

You get what you pay for

Recently cancelled my policy as I sold my car. Was told I wouldn't receive a refund for premiums paid, and was slugged a cancellation fee on top of this! What a joke! Great cheap premiums, but I guess they have to make the money where they can.