Virgin Car Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (5)
    • 3+ months (5)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (8) · No (7)
Doda

DodaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They failed to proceed to renew my insurance

I was with them for 2 years, I wanted to renew the policy and called 1 day before expire. The rate was very low, which made me very happy. However, after I have spoken to the call center, they assured me it is renewed and all taken care off. It wasn't. One day after the police ended, I noticed no email nor SMS to confirm the renewal, my credit card wasn't charged either. So I called and inquired, they confirmed it was not renewed. I am not happy. Many other things happened after, my complaint on the hotline went unanswered, the call back from the manager did not happen. Many strikes were made. I have now signed up for another insurance, more expensive, but I feel looked after.

KylieD

KylieD

Penalizing people for having a no fault accident!

Went to add a policy and they suspended my primary car insurance!

Reb

RebMid North Coast, NSW

Fantastic

Good value for money, I had an accident (NAF) the insurance company were fast at getting my details done and very friendly customer service, I got a hire car fast as well.

Mini

MiniGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't take out car insurance with Virgin

Someone ran into my parked car. Everyone accepted I was in no way at fault. One month later and I am so sick of telephone calls to Virgin arguing about when it will be repaired, who will repair it and how long I can have the hire car. It has been one long headache.

Deceptive

Shane

ShaneSydney, NSW

Virgin Insurance (Legal & General) has refused to repair minor accident damage to a safe standard.

Ive been with Virgin for over 4 years without a claim. Virgin Insurance (Legal & General) has now refused to repair minor accident damage to a safe standard. So however cheap it is, its not worth a cent. On top of this, we have an insurer refusing to safely repair vehicles to their previous standard. This looks to be an issue with their assessor's lack of understanding of the vehicle, but has implications not only for it customers, but for the general public, with customers now being shoehorned into driving on public roads, vehicles that have not been repaired to a safe standard. Unbelievable, but true.

Nireka

NirekaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst insurance provider! 6 months down yet to have the claim resolved for very minor accident!

Jill S.

Jill S.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Worst customer service ever

We had a small accident in January 2020, Virgin Insurance admitted that we were not at fault
Tried to get information in regard to what was happening with our claim phone calls, emails they did not provide any information in regard to following up the other party ,we paid our excess to get our car fixed there has been no contact from them., meant they did not have to pay out much for the repairs. We also had to hire a car. This is the worst car insurance company ever just a rip off

Sam

Sam

Do Not Go With Virgin - They Will Rip You Off Too!!

Car came back from a service center damaged in multiple locations (almost every panel). Damage could not be determined if it happened on the tow truck or service center as no condition report was done. Tried to claim comprehensive insurance and was told "existing damage" for things like tiny stone chips that had nothing to do with the major damage to paint and panel that had occurred. Do not go with these people - they will rip you off too!!

Insane Premium Price Hike After 1 Claim I Made In 8 Years With Them With Paid Rating 1 Protection!

Annoyed customer

Annoyed customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Canceled my home and contents insurance, only to find out they do not provide credit back. I‘m owed $160 - disappointing

Canceled a monthly instalment payment; virgin money insurance does not offer credit back. So disappointed, this company deserves to go bust.
Unethical business that does not deserve to operate in Australia.

Bill

BillSouth East Queensland, QLD

Slow and dodgy

My car was hit by another car changing lanes. It was undoubtedly the other driver’s fault, his tyre left a black mark down the length of my vehicle so he was obviously turning his wheel. Even the panel beaters said without a doubt it was the other driver’s fault. The driver was 85 years old, had medical conditions listed on his driver’s licence, and wore coke bottle glasses. After 7 months, Virgin said they couldn’t tell who was to blame and decided “Each bear own”. I lost my $800 excess and my no claims discount. If I didn’t think the other driver was at fault I would have fixed the damage myself and saved my no claims discount. I’ve been insured with them for several years and have never made a claim.

Cisco

CiscoSydney, NSW

Prices are reasonable. Claims process is smooth

Made a first claim after getting into a no-fault accident in December. Process was pretty smooth over the phone, but fixing the minor damage a little slow because of a busy period for claims resulting from recent floods. I would recommend

Kayles

KaylesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Can’t rely on the roadside assistance

I have been insured with Virgin for about 5 years & this is the first time l had to use their roadside assist. It’s a clear beautiful day so there should be no reason why there is a long wait but l called them 2 & a half hours ago & am still waiting. They obviously don’t have enough mechanics servicing Melbourne. I will seriously be looking at changing after this. It’s unacceptable.

Michael

MichaelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Quite poor and refused to renew policy

I live in Victoria Australia, in two years I had to claim twice for a windscreen due to separate unfortunate circumstances (rock chips)
My premiums cost $2500 yearly and I always pay extra for windscreen cover
Recently, days before my renewal date I received a letter claiming virgin money wold not re-insure me

Insurance TypeComprehensive
John

John

Disgusting Servce

Etienne

Etienne

Great until you have an issue..

Cheaper price than the other big names, decent online management portal but all goes to downhill if you have a query that takes someone more than 10 seconds to answer. Offshore call centre and all the problems that come with it..

Richard

RichardSydney, NSW

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING SERVICE

My pensioner mother in law was the not at fault third party driver involved in an accident with a Virgin Insurance customer. Virgin refused to pay a fair and reasonable total loss market value settlement figure for the vehicle. Virgin have offered a settlement figure $3,000.00 below the market value and I am still disputing the claim 5 months after the incident. Richard Branson you should be ashamed of yourself.

Cost effective but not great when you make a claim

The cost was reasonable, but when it came to making a claim, there were very limited options for repairers - had to travel around 25 minutes to the nearest repair centre with all of the associated Uber costs etc. The repair was fine, but long wait times for their call center so not a great overall experience.

Sarah

Sarahasked

Virgin Car Insurance

How long do they take to repair a car with damaged door and rear mirror?

Joyce

Joyceasked

Virgin Car Insurance

Could I choose my own repaired if I get a comprehensive policy with this provider?

Al G
Al G

Good luck getting anything from them... dodgy brothers central they are

Get an answer from our members and Virgin Money representatives

Compare all 3 Virgin Car Insurance
CategoryRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car InsuranceRoadside Assistance Providers and Car Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Home and Contents, Income, Life and TravelHome and Contents, Income, Life and TravelHome and Contents, Income, Life and Travel
Coverage TypeComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and TheftThird Party Property Damage
UnderwriterAuto & General ServicesAuto & General ServicesAuto & General Services
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverReduced Excess Optional ExtraNot OfferedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerOptional ExtraNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional, up to a maximum of 14 days or until the your claim is paid, whichever occurs first

Not Included

Emergency Transport & Accommodation$100 per day, up to $300 in totalNot IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs IncludedIncludedNot Included
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Included, up to a maximum of 14 days or until the your claim is paid, whichever occurs first

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncluded up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Hire Car after Theft

If you claim has been agreed upon to be paid for the theft of the car, you will be reimbursed the reasonable cost of hiring a similar car from the date the claim was lodge until:

• the car is recovered undamaged and any necessary repairs have been completed

Child Safety Seats and PramsIncluded, up to $500Not IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Included, the earlier of 2 years of 40,000 km from original registration

Personal Property CoverIncluded up to $250Not IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Not ApplicableIncluded up to $5,000Included up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage