Virgin Money Home Loans

Virgin Money Home Loans

See the Best Home Loans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Graham D.

Graham D.South East Queensland, QLD

As a business not happy with the experience

We felt the application form a bit difficult to understand the financial information that was required . However we gave them full access to our accountant. This was even not enough as we were contacted by a foreign lady that we couldnt understand what additional information she wanted. We were turned down even though we have a very high credit rating. We wanted to do a transfer balance from our bank card to their card which overall was a lot lower interest . As a business we have never missed a payment of any sort . Not happy with the treatment

G-ram

G-ramGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lack customer focus, delays and no explanation

My wife and I recently applied for a balance transfer to take advantage of Virgin's 21 month interest free option and beat up a small credit card debt. We have not been declined for credit ever. They took more than 7 days to confirm receipt of our application, then requested supporting documentation, we provided this and they conditionally approved us. I called to see what was the next steps and the CSTM confirmed we where approved and should get a letter soon. The letter arrived by email 10 minutes after saying we where declined. After ringing them again I was given no explanation as to why and now I have a declined on my credit file with no explanation!!! Super upset and complaining to the financial services ombudsman.

Loan TypeLine of Credit
Simba

SimbaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

There are much better options out there

Loan TypeSplit
Loan Start DateJune 2017
Loan used for:First Home
Ben

BenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Income protection money waste

Absolutely waste of time and money If you can choose someone else I would recommend that. They’re pretty good at customer service when you want to take on the new insurance

No reward for loyalty

Been with them almost a year and had a rate increase within the first few months of settlement even without RBA rate changes. Took weeks for them to pass on rate reductions post RBA announcements. Velocity miles not worth the extra cost compared to other lenders. Customer service is decent but customer retention is non existent. Will be refinancing elsewhere.

Loan TypeVariable Rate

jeli

jelisydney

Free travel!

Im coming to the end of my two year fixed loan with virgin and couldnt be happier.
After some bad experiences with the big 4 I've loved the no wait customer service with voice recognition and the crazy amount of travel i have done on points in the last two years. They gave us velocity points on the value of our loan so partner and I have been to the US plus FNQ a few times without paying for flights! Still have points left! Credit card has been problem free also with a great response when i didnt recognise a charge. If you are thinking about using them i wouldn't hesitate.

Loan TypeFixed Rate
Loan Start DateSeptember 2017
Loan used for:Investment Property

Chloe

ChloeSydney

Just lifesavers! No complaints.

I am just so happy with this company!
I was approved for a home loan by them a few years ago - the only guys who would give me a chance.
Ever since then, I have received impeccable customer service and I am so thankful!
They make everything so simple and so easy!
I recommend them to everyone!

Loan TypeFixed Rate
Loan used for:First Home

Christine

ChristinePerth

Interest Rate increased without notifying me. Interest rate cuts not passed on

Loan TypeVariable Rate
markfrombris

markfrombrisAU

sub par

Just closed credit card account over the phone, due to little use. I then asked how my money in the account was going to be refunded to me. Virgin wants to wait 1 month then send a Cheque out..... I asked about just transferring to my savings account and they said its not possible.......

CKMC1989

CKMC1989Victoria

Be Careful Where You Work

wouldn’t proceed with our refinance loan because my husband works for one of the companies that their internal policies has black listed. If you work in the 2nd hand dealer sector, tattoo shop or something in the gaming world - don’t even waste your time because they won’t approve you.

annoyed

annoyedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

If I could give a zero I would

Unsurprisingly my original complaint from March 7th 2019 still hasn’t been resolved. I was contacted by Virgin Moneys call centre last Friday who promised to call me in 3 working days - no call. It has been over a month since my dispute over an unapproved transaction on my credit card - still not resolved. My new cards pin was locked (4th replacement in a month due to Virgin incompetence) which has cost me more points, and finally the 2 thousand points that were promised as inconvenience money still haven’t been transferred. #yousuckvirgin

Terrible

They took so long to give us an answer on if we were going to get the money for our home, they have exceeded the finance date, our application has been back to the assessor so many times its ridiculous. They've lied a couple of times saying that we will get an answer In "24 hours". They can only do one thing a day they cant do too much work. Have extended our finance date and still waiting on an answer....

Chris

ChrisNSW, 2000

Happy home loan owner ;)

The team made a complex process as easy as it can be, which is a challenge in itself. Well worth the effort once settlement hit, with timely full approval, documentation and time to spare before we did settle. Surprised about some of the reviews left by others, which could be influenced by the fact a home loan needs paperwork to get sorted. A little bit of work to get hundreds of thousands of dollars to help you buy a home is kind of expected. Good work overall Virgin Team!

Dont waste your time and energy

I wish I saw these reviews here before applying, they are extreme slow and demand every document under the sun. Been 3 weeks since start and still no reply what a waste of time. even 1 start is flattering

DON'T BOTHER

Made me "jump through hoops" for a re-finance application. Documents, more documents, value of my property. Under valued it. Waited 3 months and requested an update to get a "you do not meet our credit requirement" reply.

If I hadn't traced it up with them, would they have replied at all??

Jane I

Jane IPerth

Dont go there.

I support all of the above reviews of the negative experiences as being ver factual, as we have been put through similar. May I also add the huge stress it created in our family and after 1 month we still havent had a response.

Tex7

Tex7West Aus

REALLY TERRIBLE, A WASTE OF TIME

Need a - star option. Don't bother, only applied for a basic credit card. They wanted a ridiculous amount of documents, which i gave. I had to follow up regularly. With bad line connections and call centers in the back streets of India, it was hard to hear the operator. They are very slow and take forever to get back to you. 3 weeks of stuffing around for a credit card to only be rejected....when they could tell you in the initial stages. Don't waste your time.

GTR99

GTR99Moorebank

Wish i could give no stars!!!!!

STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS THEY ARE USELESS
completely wasted our time, they are soooo slow at doing applications, request the most ridiculous pieces of information ... they must be as thick as their flight attendants
For someone who only needs to borrow 40% of the current value of the property and owns a company with a quarterly turn over of approx $100000.00 im really surprised , I wish i read these other reviews before i applied
COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND EFFORT ,DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND AVOID THE STRESS OF THESE GUYS

Sarah

SarahSydney

Waste of time & effort - no star rated - only put 1 star as compulsory for review submission

p_bear

p_bearsydney

no ownership, no responsibility, no accountability, no communication very slooooow