Vividwireless

Vividwireless

See the Best Internet Service Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Was perfect until optus bought it.

Optus deliberately driving into the ground because they don't offer the same value contracts that they bought. 3 years happy with vividwireless, 3 months under optus; I'm off to Telstra.

Start DateApril 2015
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Its a niche product- will work great for some, not well for others

Start DateApril 2018
Adequate Speeds Yes
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Abysmal since Optus have announced they are taking over from Vivid Wireless.

Connectivity is their but the Optus network won’t even let a simple ping through.

I have tried many different locations in the house and we have a few Virgn mobiles in the house so the network is working but Optus are seemingly strangling Vivid deliberately to force clients across.

Start DateMay 2018
Data TypeCapped Data
cramaine

cramaineMelbourne

Abysmal customer service, worse connectivity

Service drops out daily, goes down to 3mbps frequently. They are impossible to contact, Ive been trying to contact Vividwiress to cancel all day, no one answers the phone or replies to emails. No wonder theyre going out of business!

Start DateMay 2017

Painfully slow internet!

The connection was ridiculously slow, and we ended up hotspotting our mobile phones. Avoid at all costs, more worthwhile getting a larger data plan on your mobile phone! Constant dropouts, unable to stream anything in off-peak periods let alone on-peak, and was so slow that speedtest.net couldn't even load up!

Start DateNovember 2018

Chris

ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don’t even bother!

Horribly slow speeds, unable to watch ANY Netflix show or video on Facebook without it stopping/buffering. Using mobile data is so much more reliable. Absolute waste of money, don’t even bother!

Goldie

GoldieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bed Service

It was good when I start internet with vividwireless. some time I having the problems but they fixed that when I called them but from last 3 days my internet became very slow and when called last time to vividwireless customer care she just waste my time didn't solve my problem. And the downloading speed was 3.22 mbps which is not enough streaming for my set top box. May be the optus going to take over this company that why optus start problem with there service so people can leave this company by their self. Or may be the customer care become lazy and they don't want do work for last sort time.

Start DateJune 2016

Aaron

Aaron

Won't refund

Happy to take money but when the owe me $199 they won't pay up. They made excuse that it bounced back so called up the bank and there is no evidence

Start DateMay 2018
Dee

DeeWestern Australia Perth

Terrible Customer Service

Connection TypeAverage
slhunt

slhunt

Slow, Slow, Slow.....

Extremely slow download and upload speeds and at times unusable. Have been using for a while due to no phone line but would not recommend Vividwireless to anyone. Cannot believe there is still internet this slow. Can get better connections in remote areas of other countries!

Tallbeard

TallbeardMelbourne Australia

Significant decline in speed over the last 2 years

I was happy with Vivid when we first signed up a couple of years back because we had poor Telstra ADSL speeds ( due to distance from exchange). But speeds have declined significantly in recent months while drop outs have increased dramatically. Service is now hardly worth having. NBN has just reached us and we’ll be back with Telstra within a week or two.

Ridiculously slow

You do not get what you pay for Around 8-10 days a month of ridiculously slow internet. I’m talking 0,46mps to 0,81 MPs download speed. Hopeless customer service. Dropping them ASAP.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+

Mandau

MandauSydney, NSW

Pathetic performance. Not worth it.

Bad first Wi-Fi through vividwireless

My experience is slow connection speeds using my laptop. It's high priced for disappointing wifi connectivity. They are quick to contact you if you have to pay a bill but slow at responding to queries about what you pay for. I'm glad Optus is taking over again. Bad first experience in paying for my own wifi! False advertising too. I paid $250 for a modem that was meant to be a Samsung. I received a Huewai. Not very happy.

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Ben

BenSydney

Extremely poor

Been a customer with vividwireless for around 2 years now. The internet speed has slowed markedly since signing on. Has been poor at best. Drops out all the time, sits on average around 1.0mbps.
Also after 2 years with them I missed 1 payment and they suspended my account within 24 hours without warning. I asked to have my account re activated with a payment scheduled for the following day and they refused.
Any company that works like that has 0 business morals. Safe to say that I will be moving on with a new provider within the next 24 hours.

Sofia19

Sofia19Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

There is a reason Vividwireless is being 'phased out'

Like most others here, had a terrible experience with Optus here. There is a reason vividwireless is being phased out (shut down) by Optus. Our speeds were terrible, couldn't even use a word doc. When I called they tried to tell me it might be because someone in my street is using a baby monitor???????? If that was the case, no-one anywhere would be able to use vividwireless. Anyhow, luckily I have cancelled within 14 days, so have a full refund and as they are shutting down now, it hardly matters. I am mainly posting so that others are aware of how terrible the service is. Not one thing that was offered as part of the service was actually delivered.

Connection TypeVividwireless

Not 4G speeds, slow and drops out a lot.

Switched because it was advertised as 4G and my adsl2 is terribly slow (3mbps) and still don’t have nbn here (even though 2 km from Melbourne cbd). This is painfully slow, slower than the adsl. Cancelling asap

Ben

BenBraybrook

Horrible service and full of excuses

Internet is still pretty fast, reliable- Happy Customer

I joined vividwireless about 6 months ago, because there were no NBN in our area. The setup process was quite simple for us. I bought a modem from The Optus store outright. The process to set it up took less than 10 minutes and were simple and straightforward. The internet is still pretty fast, reliable and offers good customer service too. There was not even a single downtime.

If you are looking for a month's bill free, don't forget to use this code: [details removed].

This is a great option if you're not happy with your service provider.

Cecilia

CeciliaSydney, NSW

Perfect for renters!

Mick

Mickasked

Address is 44 Gerrale Drv Willowvale We are up high on a hill with views to the coast. Just had ADSL disconnected as hopeless so looking at the unlimited 4g wireless option. I was wondering if we have a clear line of site to the coast, and my son does a lot of gaming online, will this be a good option? Mick [number remove]

Eveasked

Can anyone please tell me what coverage & download times are like in Devon Park, Adelaide?

Duke777
Duke777

Eve, if you can get internet coverage on your mobile then good chance that Vivid Wireless will work just fine. Especially so if you are on the Optus network.

Duke

Thanks!

tmcd

tmcdasked

You people should consider yourselves very lucky to have 1Mb /sec downloads. I live 5 km from Perth CBD and get no better than 0.4Mb / sec. Marginally faster than dial up in 1990.
Any reason why I shouldn't dump Vivid wireless?

Damo
Damo

I was in the same boat. I eventually got an anaysim data card and put it in an Optus 4g unit from Kmart. 100Gb. $70 pm . speeds 20 mbs. Sorted.

CategoryInternet Service Providers