Vodafone

Vodafone

1.6 from 1,700 reviews

retarded company

after a halfwit broke into my car and was able to order several phones in my name and paid by SOMEONE ELSES's credit card. I have provided all police reports and info to them to find out a year later that they have sold my debt to a debt company. Now I have to run around to prove that me its me, however they did not ask the guy who stole my stuff to run around to prove it was me.

well done idiots.

Terrible

Buying a phone and credit check - Stay away from vodafone!!!

While everyone will have a different story about the topic I will share mine.

Ordered a phone online with the help of online customer service. I was looking to buy 2 phones to port in 2 numbers from another provider, but the agent told me to buy one at a time as I needed to merge both numbers to a single account . Once I ordered for the first once I realised that this includes a credit check as well and the second phone order will require a separate check, which is not a good thing. At no point the agent said there will be separate credit checks as otherwise I would have ordered both together.

The phone ordered was meant for my wife as a present and I mentioned the same to the agent and requested to process it asap as the website mentioned 1-2 days delivery once approved. I was told 24 hours max to process the order, but didn't hear anything from them and decided to contact to check status. I was told the credit application was rejected. I couldn't believe this as I am on a permanent job, well paid, own a house (on mortgage though like 90% of people out there), has very good credit history and never had any defaults. I asked Vodafone why this the case. I was told its the third party credit checking organisation's decision and suggested to contact them. Fair enough, I contacted them to check why my application was rejected, only to be told that my credit history is good and can't see any issues and suggested me to check with Vodafone as it is them who rejected my application. Called Vodafone again and asked why they rejected the application. To my surprise they said there were no issues with the credit check, but Vodafone decided not to provide me the phone for reasons they cannot disclose or further explain. What?? Honestly? I spent my time going to your stores, doing research, speaking to your customer service, put forward an application to buy, even did credit check,which I passed, only to to be told that my application is rejected by Vodafone for no reason?? Even after this the customer service agent asked me to try buying again online as this time it might go through successfully. Seriously??

You guys lost a customer for life and let this word be out there for people who care about their credit history. Do not trust vodafone with credit checks.

Don't use Vodafone its bad

Vodaphone is really bad if you use the Internet a lot. Vodafone for me dropouts a least more then 1 every 30 mind this can get annoying because maybe in a in the middle of an call the Internet drops out and our chat gets interrupted. Also it takes so long for the Internet to connect back too. Other thing is its the speed Is fast then a second later super slow, I hate this when I playing video games. This is my experience with Vodafone maybe your Vodafone is good.

OK
Bad
Local Reception
Plan Cost per Month: $80.00

Exit Fees

They could not meet up better deal so changed to another company, asked them if there was any exit fees and they said no, but sent a bill with the exit fees. Hopeless service.

Excellent customer services

On my last bill I got charged almost 10 times then what I usually pay. I when to Vodafone store at Loganholme. We talked to one of the staff, her name Jenny. She’s really helpful and she acknowledged me on what happened on the bill. I had a really impressive experience with her.

Plan Cost per Month: $35.00
Included Data per Month:15 GB

Customer service

I went to 2 vodafone outlets, Carindale close to Best and Less and the one in the city Queenstreet Mall close to Typo, i ask if i can change my last name on my account they said they need a new ID with my new name on it as the marriage certificate that I have that time was apparently " just a piece of paper" . So got my drivers licence changed. Came back again(Carindale outlet) and said they need the marriage certificate to change my name. How inconsistent they are. Do your company a favour, train your people well!!! not signing up with you again.

Helpline is a JOKE...

Firstly, how about employing helpline operators whose first language is english.

Secondly, why is it so so difficult to port my other mobile number and package it under the plan I already have !! The operator I spoke to had no idea how to do this !!

Thirdly, you have failed to apply the $4 discount on this account a number of times.... And, you have failed to roll over unused data on this plan when it was promoted directly to my number 3 times !!

Your so-called helpline is simply a waste of our time.

I am speaking to optus for a better deal !!

Plan Cost per Month: $35.00
Included Data per Month:20 GB

Horrible Customer Service - Not sure how they are still doing business

After being a customer for 15 years, very happy that I took my business elsewhere. Bad service, drop outs with very slow internet connection. Customer service is extremely poor, their supervisors in their call Centre is even worse. Shame on Vodafone. Their shareholders should sack the executive team!!

Plan Cost per Month: $60.00

misleading informations

Im just very unhappy with Vodafone customer service. I will not buy anything from them when my recent plans finished and will not recommend it to anyone else (as I did to many by now)
They mislead me to a service they did not have ( they told me I can receive sms in Iran - I went near 10 month to Iran and I was not able to activate roaming and receive sms)
I wanted a refund for these 10 months but they did not even care!
so disappointed, I paid for something I was not being able to use
So unhappy

Shervin

Plan Cost per Month: $250.00
Included Data per Month:40 GB

Been with Vodafone for 5 years, never had an issue...….until now!!

It appeatrrs that I had a service added to my account last year, which the sales guy told me "wouldn't cost me anything, so would be good to have so a family member can share your allowances", however it turns out it has cost me over $1K in the last 10 months, best part is I've never used it!!! Now they are telling me that I have to list it as fraud and go through the process of getting my money back, even though they have a recording of the phone conversation between myself and the sales guy from Vodafone...…..

A simple apology for it being mis-sold, and a refund of the funds would have been nice...…..

Maybe I'll try Optus or Telstra once my plan runs out if they treat long term customers like this!!

Plan Cost per Month: $90.00
Included Data per Month:60 GB

Ridiculously bad 4g speed 0.5Mb/s

I changed from virgin mobile last year because of price hikes, the 4G download speeds with them were always between 14mb/s and 25mb/s. Now i am on Vodafone my download speeds are consistently lower than 0.8mb/s. Its barely enough to run a youtube video.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only
Plan Cost per Month: $40.00
Included Data per Month:9 GB

Rude, unprofessional and arrogant.

I have been to the Vodafone store on the corner of Bourke and Swanston St several times in the last month to sort out ongoing issues with my phone only to be spoken to in a condesceding, hostile and very unprofessional manner from all staff including the manager. I am very surprised how bad the service is at this store. The Vodafone brand is very poor based on the staff they employ to represent the brand. Avoid like the plague.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only
Plan Cost per Month: $50.00
Included Data per Month:64 GB

Customer service is shocking

I have been with Vodafone for over 15 years now, was always kind of shocked when people complained about it because I didn’t have any issues.
However I recently changed my month-to-month mobile broadband to a 50g with a bonus 25g plan. The second month the bonus 25g didn’t turn up. I honestly thought it would be a simple fix.
45 mins on the phone talking to three different people, the last being so rude I ended the call. I was told that it was only 50g with the bonus included- not true it clearly states 50+25=75. I was then told it was only available if I signed a 12 month contract- not true it’s stated month to month, and listed under that on their website. I was transferred and told it was now going to dispute.
Terrible English, super strong Indian accents, and I get off the phone and check the web site, and the plan that I signed up for month- to -month 50+25g is right there. The one three people told me I didn’t understand or was mistaken about is still there. It’s available for another three weeks. Meanwhile I am not getting the advertised bonus I signed up for. I no longer have the patience to try and decipher a strong Indian accent, most are lovely, but difficult to understand, but the last I spoke to was so rude I am done with Vodafone. I have three months left on one my phone contracts, will pay off the device of another at that time, and take both my phone accounts and my broadband accounts and switch to a new provider.

Plan Cost per Month: $144.00
Included Data per Month:50 GB

100% Frustration

Network coverage is average terrible in the country and still sketchy in the city, their data prices are ridiculous so over them they upgraded me to a tablet and never told me if I make phone calls from it they were charged me massive amounts and in the first month of using it for phone calls my bill went up $100 I'm going to pay off my tablet and my phone and move to another company have had so many problems with these guys and troubles with reception absolutely over it

Plan Cost per Month: $120.00
Included Data per Month:16 GB

Unbelievable

You would think that a big company like Vodafone would have (at least) GOOD customer service but these people are incompetent. I was on the phone with an Indian lady for nearly 1 hour it took that long because I couldn't understand a single word she was saying!!!! I swear everytime I call Vodafone I have to deal with someone who can't speak clearly!!!! Shame on you Vodafone for not providing better customer service.

Horrible

Really crappy customer service. Spent 2 hours trying to activate my service and still, nothing...I will be going with a different provider

Unprofessional, and HORRIBLE customer services

Received a faulty handset when upgraded. Had to take it to Vodafone store many times just to send the handset off to apple for repair which takes forever to come back. Finally received a replacement that had the same problems and was advised to follow the same procedure when I refused to go through the same nightmare and asked to swap for a different model Vodafone refused to provide me with a different model as a punishment. After involvement of telecommunications ombudsman only received account credit instead of refund for the payments made for the faulty phone. When it was pointed out to Vodafone “resolutions team” received very unprofessional email that Vodafone cannot provide a different model of phone nor a refund of my money already paid and I am “free” to purchase a phone from elsewhere.

Stay away from vodafone

Chocking reception for the last 5 month in merrylands nsw, get cut off, people cant hear you, very slow internet, even when using i phone x, when you call them, they say we are fixing the problem its being 5 month still fixing the problem, stay away from them cheap deals but no service, rubbish if you need your phone.

Thank you Vodafone for an excellent service

Just received my new phone today after I was given the wrong device from one of the Vodafone store. Follow up service was greatly appreciated. Keep up the good work.

stupid i hate it

It is horrible. It always says i am using 3G when i have full reception. It constantly cuts out my phone calls when i move the slightest inch. What’s up with that?? Get your head together, Vodafone!