Vodafone

Vodafone

1.6 from 1,797 reviews

Refused to repair phone under warranty, rude and lying staffs

I had signed up an expensive phone with Vodafone in December 2018. It is clearly outlined in the contract that the phone would be covered with 2-years warranty. However the phone had been having calling issues and I got a replacement by the manufacturer after sending it through Vodafone Hurstville store. The phone came back with same issue with defective primary function - making phone calls. So getting some "chat" with 3 online representatives, including one "supervisor", all I was told was to go to my nearest store to get it replaced. So I went there as directed. I was told the "manager" is not there thus no one can make decision on replacing nor servicing anything and I was asked to come back next day. So I followed all these "instructions", went back home and talked to customer service again. These CS staffs promised the "manager" would be "on duty" and my case should be looked into. Next day when I get back to the store again, the first thing the staff told me was these so-called representatives are 100% located in Mumbai and not any words should be trusted. That means the "manager" was still unseen/unreachable, and they were reluctant to accept the phone to come in for repair. This time I was told to bring the phone to Vodafone shop in Sydney CBD and was asked to leave immediately to catch a train the city. I was so cranked up not because of where to service the phone, but it was the lies and inconsistencies within the company, humiliation by the attending staff, along with the accusation of me not being cooperative, had made me feel like a muppet instead of a customer, or even human being. Vodafone stores did send out phones for repair a couple of times but not this time, probably the staff was in bad mood or something. At the end of the day, I'm still with my expensive defective phone that is only 6 months old after two days of fighting.
Here are some advice for potential victims: Buy phones with reputable manufacturers that HAVE physical repair service centres in Australia, e.g. Apple, Samsung, etc. Buy outright phones and get a month to month plan/prepaid. Also not to trust any words from any so-called representatives or salespersons.

Good luck!

Plan Cost per Month: $232.00
Included Data per Month:300 GB
Store LocationVodafone Westfield Hurstville

worst service with vodafone nbn technical department

I am a new customer who choose the poor vodafone nbn service. At first i went to the local shop and ask for the detail about vodafone NBN, they told me i can have a wonderful service by the crap voda NBN. At the same time i can also have a 4G backup service before i can connect to the internet. From the beginning the horrible WiFi router reboot itself every 30-40mins,i can't use the network normally. I went to the shop for help two times. Nobody care about it,they told me it is not their duty. Holy crap about them. Just let me go back home and make the phone call to vodafone. After that i call them to help me change a new one. I went to Doncaster vodafone shop. They give me a new one. Promise me it'll work perfect. Even then it still doesn't work. Then i called them about 4 times. The problem had not been solved. Especially the technician's Indian accent makes me sick. They just let me wait wait wait. At first time ask me it will be solved about 15~20mins. The router still not work. Them i make another call,let me wait for another 15mins. The router is still the same crap. Then i called them again. They ask me more details about me. I told them the router imei,serial number and the sim card number. Holy crap they told me wait for 4-5hours for it, and the problem must be solved. Now i wait for 6 hours. The router still not work. This is the worst service i have ever seen. Shame for them.

Plan Cost per Month: $130.00
Included Data per Month:80 GB

No signal and charged Porting Fee??!

Been with Vodafone 5 years. To me city & parramatta signals are not bad but once we go past Newcastle, impossible to get reception. I just ported and charged $8. I’ve ported my number at least 7 times and ONLY VODAFONE charged this ‘porting fee’

Plan Cost per Month: $97.00
Included Data per Month:60 GB
Store LocationOnline

The worst provider that you can go with period...

If I could give 0 stars I definitely would, but for now let me save you from a world of pain before you even think of making that terrible decision of switching to Vodafone. For starters you will get very patchy phone reception and internet close to the CBD and when you do you will consistently lose it making your blood pressure go through the roof, rebooting your phone 10 times a day will then be a necessity. Forget about reception in the saburbs and when you go to country towns, just leave your phone behind, it will not be any use to you.

Plan Cost per Month: $60.00
Included Data per Month:80 GB
Store LocationMelbourne

horrible reception to the point of almost unusable

Not realisable net work at all, data and phone calls are alike, there are many black spots such as Burwood Sydney which is a metropolitan area yet the reception is so bad in some pockets whether a phone call is possible is almost like a gamble

Plan Cost per Month: $150.00
Included Data per Month:27 GB

Out of 3 Aussie phone companies, by far the worst service

I've used Telstra, Optus, and Vodafone. I thought Telstra was bad, but Vodafone is much worse. I've actually dealt with customer service issues in 2nd or 3rd world countries that were easier. I ordered a SIM card online and it was never delivered. When I called, it seems it was awaiting stock (how does a telcom company run out of sim cards?) but there was no expected re-stocking/delivery date in sight, so I asked to cancel and refund.

4 different departments and calls over 2 days adding up to appox an hour and a half, and it's canceled, but no refund yet. Their customer service is separated into many individual working parts, and having to re-explain yourself multiple times to representatives that were at times fairly rude, was pretty disappointing from a national company.

Unfair charges

When I went on holidays to Italy and Chile I bought a Travel SIM card from Sim corner, before getting to Italy I removed my a Vodafone SIM card and inserted the Travel one, Which I used while in Italy, to my surprise when I got the bill from Vodafone I was charged $5 for 9 days, when I placed a complaint their excuse was that probably I had a dual card in my phone, which it is not possible, they didn’t believe me that I only had the Travel card from Sim corner, even staff from Sim corner send them a message stating that I used their SIM card, not the Vodafone card.
Has anyone else had the same experience?

Worst customer service

Customer service reps have no idea what they are doing.
Asking same questions and not even referring the notes.
No help or support at all.

They did not register new device on system and did not provide proof of purchase.
Unable to send faulty device for repair because they cant locate IMEI on their system.

Switching to some other phone service.

Worst service

phone has only emergency call only until when I restarted, now I could call but there is no network for internet, when tried to call vodafone to resolve the issues, numbers are not contactable. Vodafone network has never been reliable but never been this bad until recently. Although they are the cheapest, guess you get what you paid for. Do not sign up for vodafone. I hd enough and jumping to optus now !! Such a bad service

Plan Cost per Month: $50.00
Included Data per Month:25 GB

Vodaphone - don't ever contact me again after wasting hours and hours of my time with no result

Vodaphone did a systems upgrade, end result I can't log into my own account. 3.5 hours of my time wasted, lied to about lodging a Telecommunications Ombudsman complaint on my behalf, want to charge me for transcripts of my own conversations with them going over the same actions over and over and over with no results, at the rate of $35 per hour of transcript so a minimum cost of $140 to get the print outs to put with my TO complaint. Their Privacy Office - which deals with this type of complaints - did everything they could to discourage me from loding the TO complaint. After hours of stress and wasted time, end result, 14 new pin numbers, continually deleting and redownloading the app - final advice was to go to a Vodafone shop in person . Even to lodge a request for the transcripts, go and print the form out, sign it and then scan it back. Obviously designed to discourage people from lodging complaints if they don't have access to printers and scanners. No, they don't compensate you the hours of your time wasted trying to get them to fix the problem. One customer service guy smugly told me I should be congratulating him on fixing the problem - but the problem wasn't fixed at all. Never ever would I recommend Vodafone to others, and I won't be continuing my service with them either. Disgraceful.

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only

Billing cycles and final invoice

I have been a customer for 18 years, yes, 18 years! Obviously I have been happy with the service, generally. Any expectation of coverage outside the major cities is a wish list, but I’m a user in the large mainland cities. The overseas usage is fantastic when roaming with other providers ... AUD5 extra on local plan for 24 hours is very worthwhile.
I have 3 mobile services with Vodafone. Today I finally closed 1 number.
My problem is the cost and time of closing down a number. There appears to be a deliberate set of barriers to make this extremely difficult. This cannot be done in stores, and I tried many. It’s a time waster trying to do it on the phone, and the chat line consists of being offered unwanted benefits. What should be a 10 minute job, took nearly 45 minutes.
And the worst, and unconscionable, part is the withholding of paid in advance fees. A fee for NO, NIL, ZILCH service.
This wasn’t a material amount, about AUD38 ... but the ethic of it suggests a company not socially responsible but driven by profit in any way. Not something to be proud of Vodafone, but I believe you’ll hide behind the veil of corporate contracts.

Plan Cost per Month: $45.00
Included Data per Month:30 GB
Store LocationBurwood

Shifty company

I just recharged my prepaid internet. Vodafail's website stated that for $60 I'd get 25 GB and 90 days' expiry date. On recharging, however, I now find out I only get 60 days to use these 25 GB and that the 90-day expiry period was only for the bonus SMS. This was NOT STATED on the initial recharge page!!! I tried to find a way to contact Voda for assistance with this or at least to provide feedback and their website was hopeless, leading me around in circles. So here I am. I decided to come here. Thanks Vodafail. That's what happens when you don't allow people to email or chat with you to get support. They leave bad reviews which other people read.

This is without a doubt one of the top 3 companies I would label as most shifty (the other 2 being outright scammers who quickly went out of business). The way they run their website is misleading and immoral in the extreme. If they lived in ancient times, they would have been stoned to death many times over.

Oh, and by the way, I don't appreciate how you don't allow me to recharge my internet when it goes below 500 MB. You tell me I have under 700 MB left and then I'm told I can't access the internet? How does that work? You just disregard those few hundred MBs? How am I supposed to recharge when I can't access your site? It should be free to access, as it used to! I should not have to go to a neighbour's house to use their internet to recharge my plan! And there should be no expiry date on recharge credit, as there used to be. That's why it's called PREPAID! If I wanted a monthly plan, I'd go with another company providing better service.

Frankly, I don't know why I bother, as so many times your internet has dropped out for days at a time with no explanation whatsoever. I think you guys are on your last legs. You've stolen enough of my hard-earned money, and I hope with all my heart you don't get to enjoy one single red cent of it. Signed, One of Many You've Screwed Over. (Some of us can't get NBN, you nitwits).

Local Reception

No network and vodafone contact numbers are not contactable

8/6/2019 15:30pm, phone has only emergency call only until when I restarted, now I could call but there is no network for internet, when tried to call vodafone to resolve the issues, numbers are not contactable. Vodafone network has never been reliable but never been this bad until recently. Although they are the cheapest, guess you get what you paid for. Do not sign up for vodafone.

Plan Cost per Month: $71.00
Included Data per Month:15 GB

Terrible experience.

If you are an Australian looking to buy a SIM card whilst in Italy, don't go there. They told me completely incorrect information (if not Word Removed) about which card to purchase, and sold me a near useless SIM card (@ E25.00) for what I needed (ability to contact Australian numbers, and use in Malta as well as Italy). The initial fee deducted, and 2 x SMSs used up the entire mobile call and Text allowance, and it could not be used in Malta for anything. Nor could I monitor any usage because they signed me up to the Vodafone NZ (yes New Zealand) app. I can only conclude that as a low value customer they just wished to get me out of their shop ASAP. The locals suggested I should have used the TIM network.

Unbelievably Rude

I can add a new experience from my lunch break today. I toddled off to Vodafone as my contract is just running out again ! I walked to the nearest store. I had a Vodafone rep. helping me, we were looking at a couple of plans on the screen sitting on the counter, then along came another consultant whipped the keyboard off him and she then started helping her customer. The guy who was helping me said nothing, but for me it was complete disbelief as I had to wait for her to finish with her new customer to finish before I could resume. Question is now should I stay with Vodafone? They have already had a 2nd chance??

Plan Cost per Month: $69.00
Included Data per Month:45 GB
Store LocationSouthern Cross

Worst Network

Signal constantly changes from 3g to 4g and i never have more than 2 bars even in town. Occasionally drops into regional service which has no data and it is impossible to reconnect. Terrible speeds. Avoid this network

Plan Cost per Month: $60.00
Included Data per Month:60 GB
Store LocationApple

Terrible customer service. Rude phone staff. Takes forever to get issues resolved.

Drops out constantly. Only live 10 minutes from the center of town. impossible to have a conversation with someone.
Speed was okay but not worth the trouble.
Would not recommend to anyone.

Plan Cost per Month: $110.00
Store LocationBallarat

Very poor customer service

It is unbelivable. Two orders made online, both messed up, one after another. Three phone calls had to be made to their 1300 customer service hotline, as my attempt to sort out what was going on. During each phone call, I was transferred from one consultant to another at least five times (and a couple of them were 'team leaders' or 'supervisors') but no consultant announced the call to the next consultant (thus I had to repeat the story each time, and re-verify my identity again). Each phone call cost (or wasted) me 60 to 90 minutes, yet at the end there was no solution from any of the consultant, and I was told to go into a physical store.
One problem to add is that Vodafone packed my ONE order into two boxes, but sent them to me using a courier under ONE consignment number (instead of two consignment numbers). The driver who physically delivered the consignment did not actually turn up (no door bell buzzing, and no delivery card left at all). He then took only one of the two boxes to a nearby newsagent and left it there, i.e. one box has gone missing. When I rang the courier company and then Vodafone, no one in either of the companies could track the items.
Again, unbelivable. Don't start any service with them, or shift your service with another mobile service provider to Vodafone. No matter what extra unlimited data they try to sell to you, the frustration is totally not worth it at the end!

Plan Cost per Month: $120.00
Store LocationOnline

Vodafone won't replace a brand new faulty iPhone xr

Brand new iPhone XR and vodafone want to repair it not replace it. I have now wasted so many hours. They can't hear me properly on the faulty handset, and still want to repair it. I just want to get away from vodafone now. Shame on you Vodafone.

Store Locationonline

Incentives to join. Lock in customers. Then rip them off

Vodafone pay as you go gives 35Gb for $30 for the first three months. After that it is $25 for 10Gb, with no option to upgrade. The add-on data costs are $10/Gb (28 days). That’s gouging your faithful customers. I advise staying with them for three months and then changing networks. I checked my balance (1.6Gb left) and immediately received notification that I was below 100Mb (huh?) and then out of data. Their website on usage is glacial and tends to divert you to “special offers” which are unavailable to you. It gives usage packet size but not the time of usage. Their app doesn’t work at all on an iPhone X.

Plan Cost per Month: $25.00