Volkswagen Polo

• Comfort
and13

and13

Expensive servicing

Servicing is extremely expensive and I’d consider another brand of car based on this alone. Although the stereo and especially CarPlay isn’t reliable it’s about the only issue I’ve had At 15,000 km. Very good on fuel even if you have to buy premium. Car looks great and drives well.

Year2019
Ben

BenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great buzz box

After adding roof racks it's a beast. Seriously, it's a tardis!
We use our polo for work and play. Seats 5 rugby players, acts as a station wagon for storage, burns through the Twisties even as a diesel. But.....
Issues with the coffee cup holder, it is broke plain and simple. Servicing is expensive, vw well duh. Headlight replacement is a mechanics job and requires battery box or air box removal.
Airbag and dodgy vs shenanigans aside......
Want to love it, don't, but I really really really like it.

swampgal

swampgal

Couldn't be happier or safer

Purchased in November 2018.

Year2018

NuggetSydney, NSW

A Very Good Small Car

Purchased in February 2018.

TransmissionDual-Clutch (DCT)
Year2017
Snowy

SnowySouth East Queensland, QLD

Bought a lemon

Purchased in September 2012 for A$26,000.00.

Year2012
cliff

cliffSouth East Queensland, QLD

great car

great handling, fuel economy and overall quality. Highly recommend to everyone. Drive the car everyday to work and weekends. Great sound system. I am a older driver and have had many cars in my life. Best car i have owned. Not the fastest car around but I gets you there in style. You want a race car go to the race track.

Purchased in November 2016 at Southport vw for A$19,000.00.

Year2016
Kerrie Mee

Kerrie Mee

Love my Polo

This is a power, fast, compact car. So easy to park, but heaps of space inside. It is quiet to run, very economical on fuel and only serviced once a year. I have had no trouble with my Polo and any queries / problems have been addressed immediately by the service centre. Highly recommend the VW Polo and the VW brand

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Brad

BradSale

Powerful Little Hatch

I bought this Polo at the start of 2017. Auto, comfortline Polo, and I was very surprised about the power and noise that comes out of this car. Quick off the line and low on fuel consumption. It has adaptive cruise control so the car basically drives itself on the highways. Would highly recommend

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Annie

AnnieMelbourne

Great car

Purchased a new Comfortline Polo in October 2018 this year. Traded our 2014 Golf R wanting something more economical and less of a headache cost wise to service. I was a bit dubious at first but for a little car it has a bit of punch and we got it in the manual which makes it fun to drive. Easy to park, responsive, nice interior, doesn't seem as cramped as the older Polo generation/shapes and easy on the pocket. Overall happy with our purchase.

Engine Size1L
Date PurchasedOct 2018

RMF

RMFSouth East Queensland, QLD

VW Polo cosmetically great, mechanically poor.

TransmissionDual-Clutch (DCT)
Year2014
ConsumerOz

ConsumerOz

Great car

Brilliant little go-cart.
Perfect for running around town but also super comfortable for long trips. Easiest thing to park. Great "go". Lots of fun. Responsive steering. Nothing went wrong mechanically in 6 years after which we updated to new model.
Loads of space. Huge boot - couldn't believe how much we could get in the boot. Deceptive in size. Lots of leg-room for a little car. Quality finish inside and out. I have no idea why people buy toyotas or mazdas at the same price when they now have such cheap finishes and are less practical.
Reliability +++++

Date PurchasedDec 2012
ethan

ethan

Great fun but sensible car!

BadgeGTI
Engine Size1.4 Turbocharged & Supercharged
Date PurchasedAug 2018
AKW

AKWPerth

Great first car

Great first car for a student! Love the fact that it came with a touch screen, reverse parking assistance, blueetooth and Apple Carplay-which is sucha hassle-free thing (you can access spotify, directions, Siri to make calls, send messages). Economical fuel consumption too and smooth steering! No problems so far, easy parking!

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Elly Tran

Elly TranPoint Cook VIC 3030

Best small car

I've been looking for a small car with 5 seaters, modern look, less petrol consumption, solid, easy to drive, cheap service. And yes it is, VW Polo which ticks all my checklists. I've been driving everyday without any problem. The car is very easy to handle but still solid and safe on any type of road. I drove much on freeway and city. It never disappointed me a second. Just only use $60 per fortnight for the petrol. Still have my baby comfortably at the back and enjoy my driving at the front !!!

Engine Size1.2L Turbo Petrol
Date PurchasedMar 2014
workingmum

workingmum

No digital speed display and rattles

Engine Size1.2L Turbo Petrol
Date PurchasedMar 2017

Fab

Fab

My Polo <3

I bought my first Polo 2 years ago and seriously to this day (touch wood), I had no issue with the car and it's extremely economical. I drive more than 400kms in a week and only use $35-$40 worth of fuel. I really recommend a vVolkswagen, whether it's a Polo or something else.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Jess

JessMelbourne

Great little fast car

Great to drive and very low cost to run. This fantastic car is the best I’ve bought so far. The service VW offer is very good too. Although they are expensive you get warranty on al their work. I bought the car second hand but it’s in great condition and drives well

BadgeGTI
Engine Size1.4L Turbo Petrol
Federico

FedericoSutherland

Very nice car

I am very happy with this car, it is small does not consume much fuel and it is easy to drive. The interiors are nice, despite the fact that is the entry level of VW. With one liter of 94 petrol I can drive for approximately 18km which overall is not too bad

BadgeClassic
Engine Size1.4L Petrol
Doors3
Date PurchasedJun 2014

Terrible, very disappointed

When I stop car it jerks, when I take off from standing position car jerks. Feels like seats coming forwards. When I'm coming out of a parking space, car will go very slow, then suddenly shoots forwards. Dangerous. Is this normal for this model. My mechanic says it is. Very unsatisfactory.

Engine Size1.4L Petrol
dinesh

dineshmelbourne

Good car !

Easy driving. Good for short haul drive. Fuel consumption is good too. Small and easy for 2 people commute. The car has many perks like bluetooth for mobile use, controls on the driving wheel which make it easy. Easy parking with reverse cameras. best price vehicle for the price. VW has a good name so I went with it.

Judi W.

Judi W.asked

Polo

Hi I have a 2010 TDI and recently when I start the car the clock has been going back to zero, so has the KM readings and also today the cruise control ha stopped working. Any ideas on what the problem could be? Your suggestions greatly appreciated.

Nugget

No idea on what would cause that. But if it was my car I would take it to a VW service centre.

Janet W.

Janet W.asked

Polo

My niece bought a VW Polo in 2015 and had issues with the AC during the warranty period. Its now out of warranty and the service centre is now admitting to the problem (after having it back to them several times this year to fix AC) being a major one. We would be very interested to hear if anyone else has had similar issues as we think VW should be responsible for this repair.
Janet

Nugget

It sounds as if it's a Warranty matter. If the AC problem occurred during the Warranty period, was brought to the dealers attention at the time, and was not then fixed I think it remains a Warranty issue. That arguement is strengthened if the dealer now concedes that the problem is the one they were told about under Warranty.

David

Davidasked

Polo

Are the polo diesel 2012 dpf?

Fired Up