Volkswagen Transporter

Volkswagen Transporter Questions & Answers

T5.I, T5.II, T4, T6
Brand Manager for Volkswagen? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

137 questions from our users

karl
karlasked

98 transporter auto transmission,has reverse but no 1 2 3 or drive

Aleksandar S.
Aleksandar S.asked
Transporter

I have used VW T - 5/2 p. 2010. with manual Windows and  central locking doors.I need contact with specialist electrician for VW T 5 and info about :
Please, can you send me writen info for the front right door with electric lock VW Model 3B1837016CC (watch the picture and data below), based of next data :
- in the right front door I have  five-core cable to electric lock with the following wires :
- purple (slightly thicker)
- green - white (slightly thinner)
- brown-yellow (slightly thinner)
- brown  (slightly thinner)
- brown - black  (thin)
My question is, - when does this cable disconnect from the connector and connect to the computer and central unit,  which of these wires has power supply (+) and which (-) to lock the lock, - and which of these wires has power supply (+) and which (-),  to unlock the lock ?
Thank you in advance !
Cordially,  Alex

mscactus
mscactusasked
Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

My T4 Transporter (2000 Model) Lemon has had no end of problems since i bought it 2 years ago from a dodgy seller with a dodgy RoadWorthy Certificate. Have replaced the brakes, gearbox and need to have the CV joints done, but now when i put the key in the ignition it just turns all the way around. Hoping this is somethign that I can fix myself.

Jaquelin C.
Jaquelin C.asked
Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

can you use a Holden commodore a/c air compressor on a vw transporter 2.5ltr T4i need to replacemine and can't find one in melb?

Andrew M.
Andrew M.asked
Transporter T5.I (2004-2010)

How many kilometres per tank of fuel to get out of a 2005 2L petrol manual Transporter

shahab n.
shahab n.asked

Hi
I have a 2002 syncro T4 AET petrol 2.5
The issue is my gearbox is broken (02d) and not working anymore
Is it possible to change my box with 02g diesel box? I know the ratios inside the boxes are different but is it possible to change them cuse mechanic says the speed will be higher than petrol box if i change it

David V.
David V.asked
Transporter T5.II (2010-2015)

Timing chain replacement cost for multivan Tdi 400 2014 4motion?

Diana Grunwald
Diana Grunwaldasked
Transporter

2013model automatic VW Transporter converted camper 2 litre diesel. Is this a reliable van? 295,000 kms. Cost of repairs and parts

Shane P
Shane Pasked
Transporter

I am looking for aftermarket wheel rims for my new Transporter Crewvan t6.1.
I understand rims from an Amarok might fit, but that there is a problem with rims hitting on the brake caliper.

Is it the 16" or 17" rims that have the issue ?
Does anybody know.

thanks in advance,
Shane P.

Dianne M.
Dianne M.asked
Transporter

Looking at a VW Transporter 2009 T5 Auto 182,000 klms. Are there any major problems with this model?

Peter
Peterasked
Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

I have a coil issue with my VW T4 2.0 AAC ENGINE. I HAVE NOW REPLACED 8 IGNITION COILS IN 6 MONTHS. Took the van to a VW specialist, replaced battery , hall sensor; sparks plugs, distributor rotor and cap , plugs leads. I am still having the same problem and have to carry spare coil in the car with me to stay of trouble. Can anyone come up with an answer as i am sick and tired of mechanics pretending to have fixed the problem and stealing my money( VW "specialists" in particular.)?

CraigB
CraigB

Peter, we have the same problem and nobody seems to be able to fix it. Have had the van towed seven times now in the past few months. Have to have a spare coil in the car now as it keeps on breaking down. Desperate to find what is causing this also.

Ian
Ian

Hi Peter and Craig.
Have you had any further progress with this issue. I recently bought a 1999 2ltr Transporter, that appears to have the same issue. Runs perfectly for first 5 mins then stalls? No power unless foot to floor, was able to limp home. I have checked fuel pressure and injectors, thinking dirt in the system, and was about to go the coil and hall sensor.
Think ill look elsewhere, will let you know if any luck.
Ian T

Trac
Trac

I had the same problem took it to a private fuel injection mechanic in 126 Jellicoe St Toowoomba, Qld. He was from German heritage and knew his stuff on fuel injection systems. He had to trick the computer with the fuel/air mixture. Not sure if still operating. Was about 14yrs ago T4 still going strong.

Brian
Brianasked

Hi
I have a 2009 VW Transporter T5 TDI.
It has developed a severe miss when warmed up. Even stalls on occasion.
I have used Molycote injection cleaner to no avail.
Is this a Glow plug problem?
The van has 455,000km on the clock and has been looked after well.

Angelica
Angelicaasked
Transporter T5.I (2004-2010)

What does L5 mean on the 2.5 diesel

michael r.
michael r.asked

Hi all,

I have a 1999 T4 short nose 2L petrol with 317K on it and i think the big end bearing is starting to go. So two questions.,

First - how easy is this to replace the big end on the 2L, yes i have more than a little bit of mechanical knowledge, so capable, but don't want to start the unfinishable if its better to just install a new motor.

Second question, if a new motor is easier, can i fit a 2.5L petrol into the short nose, or does this motor only fit in long nose versions.

Appreciate your thoughts and time in responding :)

Paul F.
Paul F.asked
Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

My poor old 2001 T4 automatic is having more gearbox problems.After a reset because it was stuck in 2nd gear it now has no reverse & seems to have 3rd gear available .Reverse on the console is now neutral....

Debra W.
Debra W.asked
Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

Hi, Just wanted some expert advice on a 2002 VW transporter? As wanting to buy a second hand ambulance. Any issues with this model please.
Cheers Debra

Young B.
Young B.asked

I’ve got a 1996 t4 Ute 2.4 litre 5 cylinder diesel,
For the life of me I can’t seem to bleed the air out of the bloody injectors,
I’m on my third new battery and I’ve killed the starter motor,
And just replaced it,
I really don’t want to kill another at almost $500 a go
Cheers Frank

Sharieff B.
Sharieff B.asked
Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

Vw tdi t4 vehicle starts no problem but dousnt want to idle nor wants to rev. any ideas?

Danielle W.
Danielle W.asked

Service parts required for 1999 model

Priscilla A.
Priscilla A.asked
Transporter T4 (1994-2003)

What can I do? The drive movement is sluggish but the reverse movement is better

Volkswagen Transporter