Volkswagen Transporter

Volkswagen Transporter Questions & Answers

T6, T4, T5.I and T5.II

102 questions from our users

how to check auto oil in 1998 vw transporter t4 2500 petrol motor

Hi can i fit 3 seats into the front of a 1994 VW Transporter manual transmission currently fitted with 2 seats? cheers Niki

Have a 2006 TDI transporter 390k in the clock, and the fuel injectors have just gone. The turbo has recently been replaced, with other things (over 11k). What am I looking at for the fuel injectors? Somewhere of a cost?

Hi I want to know Is 1995 t4 2.5 patrol auto transmission will fits in 2003 t4 2.5tdi? In other words can I put 1995 patrol auto gearbox to 2003 diesel t4? Thank you

We have Volkswagen Trans auto Campervan ,would like to know if it would be safe to tow a Avan Jack Caravan 17ft tare 1630 kg, ATM 2030 kg

Can you take seats out of 2008 Volkswagen transporter T5 and what 6 speed transmission auto is in one and where can I purchase a new or used auto for one

where can I buy a timing cover as I cant find 1 for a t4 petrol
Wreckers, t4 forums, t4 Facebook pages.

Hi. I've just purchased a 98 transporter 2.0 for 800 cash. It's registered and running well although it's having trouble getting into second gear. The sale included a separate gearbox if I want to fit it later on. Has anyone else had this issue. Any other upkeep tips would be greatly appreciated. She has about 390ks on her, high I know.

where do you get suitable spare shock absorbers and coils (both for rear), VW in Sydney will not even deign to reply? An English outfit responded offering original parts - but for a 2000 T4. Are they identical? And I haven't even dared check the prices, plus shipping... My van has just under 90k on the clock, only major repair needed was an engine rebuild because a local "VW"repair shop filled in the wrong type of coolant. $1500 repairs by a cash-only 'specialist'... Cheers, LMH a.k.a. carioca

where do i check the auto oil in my 1988 auto transporter

Have just bought a T4 2.5L Diesel with 195km. Have just noticed the diesel sensor dash light flashing nonstop. Any ideas? Cheers, Derek

Hi all, I have hear that the 2.5ltr petrol engines are bullet proof. is this the case? I am looking at 177k caravelle for $2k full service history from new one owner never been in a crash, no rust with a slight crunch in first gear if you rush it. Paint is a little down, needs CV's done and a windscreen. Are they prone to leaking oil anywhere? Aircon seems like it will only just cool front passengers but otherwise a very clean unit. Just looking for some feedback as it is 25 years old.
Hi, pitty I didn't see your question a few days ago because you've probably already decided by now. In case you're still looking for advice though, speaking from my own experience with my van it does seem as though these engines are very reliable. Mine has done around 300.000 now and still going strong no matter how hard I push it. It still has the original box too which I was pretty impressed by considering how much work it has done in its life. The only leak I've had in mine is from the sump plug and the filter so if you keep up the servicing you should be ok. I've heard mixed reports about the reliability of these engines from different people so from what I gather they're great as long as you keep the oil up to them. Hopefully the one that you're looking at it has been.

I have a 2008 Transporter and was wondering if it has a duel mass flywheel or just a single flywheel? Can anyone help with this?
it has Dual Mass, assuming its diesel

Can I Upgrade My ( 1994 VW Transporter - Diesel Motor - 1900 CC Turbo - Short Nose - Manual Transmission ) To One Of The New Diesel Motor- Like For Example ( 2.0 R4 16v TDI CR 81 - 176kW - Automatic Transmission )?

My manual 2002 T4 petrol 2 litre needs a gear box oil change.The underneath of mine appears different to the 2.5 litre box, as mine has a drain plug at the bottom of the diff crownwheel housing, and a filler plug at the front of the gearbox casting. Can anyone add any info to the differences and why they are that way?

Where is the best place to buy parts for a t4 2.5 van struggling to find wreckers in Melbourne?

I need second hand gerbox for vw transporter 103 tdi lwb vin/chassis wv1zzz7hzah233337. Any help?

I need a gearbox for my 1998 t4 transporter can l use a gear from. A1994 t4 transporter?

Hi there I have a 97 T4 transporter and I'm wondering if anyone knows if there's an anchor point to put a forward facing child's car seat in the front passengers side? The back seat's been taken out for a bed so obviously that's not an option. Thanks-Jo
There are no car seat anchor points in the front row. You would need to have one fitted by a child seat anchor point fitting place.

Are the injectors the same in the 2006 model 5 cyl engine as the later model 4 cyl engines 2007 -10?

Get an answer from our members and Volkswagen representatives