Volta Lite II U1850

Volta Lite II U1850

MPN: U1850

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

1.9

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (0) · No (4)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (0) · No (4)
Maurice Smith

Maurice SmithMid North Coast, NSW

A Disaster

My first machine failed within three days. It was replaced under warranty and the second one lasted a week.
Even under normal,mild use the machine overheats and switches off. You then need to wait about twenty minutes before it will restart

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $129.00.

Disappointing

Small Office with carpet. This vacuum does not suck even when all compartments are emptied and cleaned I am basically moving it over the carpet for fun. Waste of Money

Purchased in May 2018 at The Good Guys for $99.00.

Lee Lin

Lee LinCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

adequate little cleaner

I bought this cleaner for a small unit where I have carpets and wooden floorboards. I have a few rugs that I use it on as well. I get the feeling that sometimes its suction is better than others ... When it's been emptied, the suction tends to be better, so probably best to do that after each clean.

It is fairly stable - does not tip over.

I like that it is small/compact, easy to empty and is bag-free. It seems to do the job. Not spectacular, but okay for the price. Would I buy the same thing again? Maybe, but I would do a lot of comparing first.

Purchased in November 2018 for $90.00.

Rie

RieVictoria

Very unhappy

The volta lite 2 has no suction it simply rolls over the carpet.Even when the dust compartment is empty and filter is clean it basically does nothing very frustrating vacuum

Purchased in September 2018 at The Good Guys Physical store.

cheap and useless

This vacuum cleaner has no suction & the barrel fills up after vacuuming about 3 sq metres and you have to concentrate on the same section for a while as it does not pick up anything on the floor. The metal pole is very short and is not comfortable to use.

The cleaner is less than 12 months old and is USELESS.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Sheils

SheilsPerth

This little machine is perfect

I am so happy with my Volta Lite ll/Forte Vacuum it is true to its name it is so light and compact in fact I never pick a broom up anymore to clean my floor since buying my Volta it's faster and less effort to vacuum it glides effortlessly over Tiles and Carpet but the suction is superb I broke my hip and femur 5 years ago and making the switch to the Volta Lite cleaning is no longer a chore Regards Sheils

Date PurchasedSept 2017

Better off paying more

The good things about this model is price and size. Great for our small unit in terms of easy storage. However having only had the vacuum for 5 months, it no long has any suction power. It pushes the dirt around on carpet rather than picking it up, works slightly better on non carpet surfaces.
Red light is always on when in use, is rather loud and I find it the hose and metal vacuum pole to be too short for comfortable use.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Noddy

NoddyNT, 830

Not good

The dust receiver chokes up way before it's full, especially if there is long hair floating around on the floor or being sucked up from a bed or sofa etc. It's difficult to clean. It lacks power and therefore, lacks suction. We were so unimpressed with it that we gave it away to a family who didn't have and couldn't afford one. Our efforts to save money back-fired and ended up costing us over triple the purchase price, because we bought a different brand, which was more than double the cost. lol

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Glory18

Glory18Ulladulla

Its not the best, just ok

I have to say I am disappointed with this Vacuum. I was hoping it would be good at getting the hair up off the carpet but sadly its just ok. Picks up some of the dirt but leaves a bit behind. Very noisy not a pleasant experience and seems to get hot quickly.
Only use it for carpets. Hard to maneuver too. Heavy to carry.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Shawn

ShawnReservoir

This is weak!

This vacuum cleaner is too weak to rely on. Sometimes when you empty its bin, it's still not powerful enough to clean properly. The wheels could be better with higher quality because its look like the whole produt made from a cheap plastic materials. The only advantage is reasonable price.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Looks Like I Will Have To Throw It Away

Volta elefloor uap9930 doesn't hold enough dust. Only half fills. One of the parts can be put in back to front and then it cannot be removed. Needs better instructions as well as not a big enough place to store the dust. Purchased 6 months ago from good guys. Used on carpet.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Bez
Bez

Its not the lite its ayroperformer.UAP9930 and Sylvia is sending me a replacement part.

ImNoRobot

ImNoRobotSydney, NSW

It let me down

Had high hopes for this vacuum cleaner but, well, the Volta engineers let me down. First, on the suction front, it is not as strong as I would expect. Second, the bagless feature is terrible, as the dirt container is too small and needs to be emptied all the time. Third, the floor nozzle does not entirelly remove the dirt from my carpet, which is quite frustrating. Fourth, the handle is not really a handle, so there is no way to hold the vacuum cleaner while sweeping the floor.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Blackroze

BlackrozeAU

Wouldn’t purchase again

Date PurchasedJan 2014
BBnZOEE

BBnZOEESydney

Very budget vac

Suction is quite weak, not really impressed. I got this unit to replace our old Volta vac which performed well and was used to death.

Although suction is less, it is much lighter and easier to move around than our old vac. It's a bit noisy, and works best on tiles and floorboards.

Date PurchasedJune 2015
thaj nathan

thaj nathanbrisbane

Good

The vacuum cleaner works well on our 2 bedroom tiled floor. the suction is not that great but it does the job for its price. i empty the barrel after 2 or 3 use. the vacuum cleaner is easy to maneuver and it is quiet. i would recommend it for anyone who is looking for a vacuum cleaner under $100.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Keerthi

KeerthiBrisbane

The vaccum cleaner on a budget

I am happy with the volta vaccum cleaner considering it is not very expensive. The vaccum cleaner is light weight so it is carry. I use this to vaccum my tiled and timber flooring as well as vaccuming my car. I don't have anything negative to say about the vaccum cleaner.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Derick

DerickAdelaide

Good for hard flooring

The vacuum cleaner work works well on hard flooring. Not very good on carpeted floor as it doesn't suck as much dust and hair as you may have wishes. Suction losses over time as you will need to clean the waste after someone which is obvious. Sound kebab is relatively high and noisy. Maneuver is ok. Cleaning of the waste bin is not easy ad you need to pull out the tangled hairs before letting out the dust.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Nina

NinaMelbourne

Not impressive

The suction of this vacuum doesn't absorb that much and its a bit disturbing while vacuuming the carpet because the hose keeps on falling off and there's also a certain noise coming out from the vacuum machine. The red light doesn't turn off as well while the vacuum was turned on. But the good thing about this vacuum is, theres a grey cone filter that gets all the hair from the vacuum which cleans the barrel easily.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
digitz

digitzmelbourne

It suits me down to the ground.

For a vacuum at this price range, the Volta Lite II U1850 is a pleasant surprise. I needed a vacuum which It is light and easy to manoeuvre & I got it. I live alone in a two bedroom unit & I use it on carpet, lino & tiles. It does it's job adequately. I haven't had any problems. It's suction is fine. I empty the barrel after every use & I clean the filter out too. I'm happy with my purchase & am happy to recommend it to others, in good faith.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Jadeyy

JadeyyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst vaccum ever

This vaccum doesn't pick up a single thing I spend over an hour vacuuming to still have dirt and hair everywhere. The suction on this vaccum is practically zero. Very disappointed in this vaccum and will not be recommending it to anyone. In my opinion they all need to be thrown in the trash

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Barbara Dunk-Taylor

Barbara Dunk-Taylorasked

I bought my Volta Lite Bagless 9th August 2012 at Good Guys,8th August 2013 (after replacing filters at Alpha Appliances Cammeray) i took my Volta Lite back to Good Guys as it had no suction,they sent same to Alpha Appliances for repair. On return it worked once and i then returned again same result.I still have this item what can i do?????

floosy
floosy

Sorry, I have no idea. I am just another annoyed customer. Go back to the good guys and tell them where to put it, maybe.

Ola
Ola

Dear Barbara,
I went back to Good Guys and pretty much said that I am not walking out with this vacuum cleaner and I don't want it to be repaired as it was few months old. Had to deal with manager and quote their motto about 100% customer satisfaction their advertise behind their return desk. Took them to get back to me 2 hours which I founded pathetic ,however they issued me a exchange voucher which I have used to purchase Miele - the best vacuum cleaner ever ! Cost me a bit more but no more headache ;)

Hi Barbara,
Electrolux will be able to assist you with this query. Can you please email your contact details to: customerservice@electrolux.com.au
We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Jo Baby

Jo Babyasked

What is the part on the telescopic extension tube for?

JoanneVolta

Hi Jo Baby,

Electrolux will be able to assist you with this query.

Could you please either email your contact details and best time to call to customerservice@electrolux.com.au, or phone us on 1300 365 305 for the cost of a local call.

Please quote reference number HO-6107.

We look forward to hearing from you and resolving your query.

Regards,

Kim1010

Kim1010asked

How about warranty ?

Is it one year or two years?

JoanneVolta

Hi Kim1010,

Electrolux will be able to assist you with this query.

Please quote reference number HO-5960.

We look forward to hearing from you and resolving your query.

Regards,

Get an answer from our members and Volta representatives

CategoryBarrel Vacuum Cleaners