Voltaren Emulgel

Voltaren Emulgel

No help

I have read that this product works for some, but there was no relief for me. In fact it feels worse when applied.
I have advanced osteoarthritis of the knees & hips.
Daphne

Purchased in April 2021.

Symptom ReliefNo Effect
Michele K.

Michele K.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

May as well be moisturiser!

several GPs recommended Voltaren gel for arthritis (knee, neck, elbow, ankle), tendonitis (ankle & foot), ankle sprains, and other muscle pain. No formulation has worked for me. I apply it per instructions for 3 days in hopes of relief, then pass the tube onto a relative it actually works for. Applying moisturiser to the soles and sides of my feet provided more relief for the tendonitis! I'll stick with Goanna Rub and Arthro-Aid for chronic and acute aches and pains.

Purchased for $20.00.

quresh d.

quresh d.South East Queensland, QLD

its very Mild

I have had severe back ache and Voltaren was recommended. It's very mild and didn't work at all.
May be it was meant for mild injuries. At $20 price tag it was disappointing.

Purchased in July 2020 at Coles for $20.00.

Find out how Voltaren Emulgel compares to other Muscle & Pain Relief Products

They changed a good product and now I cannot use it.

I have been using prescription Voltaren for at least 3 years for osteo arthritis in my hands and feet. It has been a great help, Now I tried the new Voltaren Emulgel. It is nice to put on, thinner, dries quickly. I almost instantly became allergic to it. Caused severe itching and some rash. Now I do not know what to do as it was helping me a lot.

Purchased in July 2020 at Walgreens for $12.00.

Garbage

I have tried Voltaren on 3 different spots...It did nothing to ease the pain...I will never buy this again. I am very disappointed. Back to the drawing board. Any reccommendations would be great

Purchased in March 2020 at Catwalk for $20.00.

Moo

MooNSW, 2567

Works on only certain types of muscle injuries.

Had 2 types of tennis injuries. Voltaren worked on one, but didn't work on the other.

Hurt my muscles near my ribs, commonly known as intercostal injury from over swinging, Voltaren gel did nothing for it.

Then hurt muscles near elbow, aka tennis elbow. Voltaren gel gave me instant 100% relief but only for about 15 mins. Afterwards it's about 60% relief for 2hrs. Let's me sleep at least.

You just got to be lucky if it works for your type of injury.

Purchased in May 2019.

Tony N

Tony NMELBOURNE

Doesn't seem to do much.

Purchased in February 2020 at Terry White Chemists for $22.00.

Thehonestreviewer

Thehonestreviewer

Have tried better

This works better on muscle pain or strain but that is it. Nice scent though and not like those that leave a strong scent behind either. Have tried better products of this nature.

Purchased in January 2020 at Chemist Warehouse.

Ady

AdySwindon Wiltshire

Had a collapsed lung for months and this helped me on my way. Plus hip and groin pain. Excellent.

This is the best. Forget other creams and rubs. I have groin problems and a degenerative hip and this REALLY HELPS ME. HONESTLY.
THE BEST.

SarahM88

SarahM88Bilambil Heights

Great product! Works wonders

I’m a 30 year old female, am someone how has broken their L1 and L2 Lumbar spine 8 years ago from a car accident I suffer with chronic inflammation on a daily/weekly basis and can definitely says this gel works for inflammation, with a combination of using Voltaren Emulgel and Fisiocrem, it treats the swelling and relieves the pain so I am able to function and move. I would definitely recommend this gel.

Eshy G

Eshy GSouth East Queensland, QLD

It works for me.

Sometimes I suffer from pain on my legs due to walking a lot and it can be very painful to the point where I cannot sleep. I bought this and decided to put it on and it worked like magic!

Simply rubbish, doesn’t work

What a waste of money. It's useless. Found much better products in the market.
Was thinking it might be good and gave it a try. Just did nothing.
Don’t waste your hard earned money and make these companies rich. I wish I could return this and get my money back.

Do not buy from KiwiDrug

I am not saying Voltaren Emulgel is not good but what KiwiDrug sales is not any good and they do not stand in back of it. It did nothing for me.

Paul Gray

Paul Gray

It worked for me

My doctor suggested I try this when my arthritic back played up .It worked like a treat.I wish I had discovered it sooner.The other good thing is that only a very small quantity enters your bloodstream unlike the oral tablets.

sophie

sophieNoosa

brings relief but short lasting

I have repeated strain injuries in my wrists from playing action sports at school and I find Voltaren is an essential in my school bag! It does bring relief to my aching wrists but I do find it doesn't last long. I go through a lot and it does get expensive but it does work!

Cass

Cass

Great relief

The relief from this gel was very quick. It worked quickly and effectively.
The first time I used it, it was in conjunction with pain relief but I used a 2nd time and it worked just as well.
Very happy to recommend this product

gerberry

gerberrySydney

Good product for pain

I have found Voltaren Gel to be helpful over the years, Having had major surgery for my back it has put pressure on my knee. You have to work it into the joint and over the muscles where they join the joint. It works well for long term usage in conjunction with Voltaren tablets, the 25mg is available without prescription. Main thing with the tablets that long term use may cause some kidney damage.
Muscle damage is better treated with one of the massage creams for pain.

Sada

SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

OK

This is a rub that works effectively for joint or muscle pain. I have used it and it has worked for the short term for me. Overall, I can use this when my pain is a bit slight and at that time it works fine.
I have had to use this when I had very bad back pain and it works for the moment. It also works if you have any joint pain like in the knees as well.
Can be a bit expensive, but some chemists, like Chemist Warehouse have it on special or at least at a lower price.

DrummergranPeel, WA

GREAT FOR DRUMMER'S PAIN

I am a 67year old female drummer and have been experiencing a lot of pain in my right hand and knuckles to the point of my hand almost seizing up, I have tried the Voltaren Emulgel and had total relief in about 5 minutes will definetly keep a tube by my drum kit!
Quick relief
Just a bit greasy

Good

Excellent pain rub for joint or muscle pain. I use the voltaren emulgel for a shoulder joint problem which puts me in a lot of pain. I find the emulgel is excellent for settling down the inflamation. My husband also uses it regularly for back pain and finds it really helpful. The main thing I find with the emulgel is you need to work it into the joint or area around the bones so it gets right into the joint and it then it works really well for inflamation and tenderness but if you just rub it in the general area it does not work as well.
good for inflammation and joint pain
expensive

piscean

have now discovered a simple exercise for my shoulder pain which unpinches the shoulder tendon do it settles down by itself. much better than the emulgel and doesnt cost anything