Best ever

This is the 2nd Weber Q grill that I've acquired as I am more than happy with the baby q which is at a different address.

The grills inside are enamelled and plop in and out very simply.

The entire thing is sturdy and heavily-built in the body. But not too heavy.

The legs and tables and underparts of the base are built of heavy plastic. Same as my old Q--which is in great condition...and which was bought the first year Q came out.

Most people dread putting together a bbq--but don't fear this one. It took 3 minutes,

It does steaks and roasts like no other.

One hint is to buy a wireless thermometer so as you can control your cooking time to get a superb result

I don't think anybody would regret having one of these and it comes well recommended by me

Purchased in July 2019 at Woodpecker Heating and Cooling Retail for $750.00.

best way to cook

My wife gave me a family weber bbq for my birthday, and i would use it late at night after getting home from the hospital for a great bbq dinner for one, also cooked amazing desserts, roasts etc, i have convinced my mate to get one, and he is also now hooked. Do you self a favour and at least try one.

Purchased in September 2015 at terry hills.

Can’t do without it!

We’ve cooked Pizzas, eggs, bacon, salmon, fish, steaks, sausages, roasts, potato bakes, vegetables and more on this Weber and absolutely love it!
We use the recommended products to clean the bbq and they do a great job... do it regularly and you won’t be sorry.
If it’s windy or cold, allow some extra time for cooking or cook on slightly higher heat with great results.
We also own a Weber baby q which we now keep for trips in the van

Purchased in May 2018 at From a friend who won it in a prize draw for $800.00.

Wonderful bbq

Love using this bbq. Easy to use and maintain. Cooks exactly how you want it. Has many accessories and products to add on. Warrenty should be longer though. And they should add on gas meter to show how much is remaining.

Purchased in December 2018 for $799.00.

Even Heat DistributionYes

This is my husband’s favourite!

Steaks, sausages and fish cook so well on our new family Q bbq!!! My husband is loving every time he cooks for our family. My little son also gets excited and helps out my husband. Family Q is a really nice easy to use family bbq that lasts for long time. We won’t look at any other brand since Weber joined our family.

Purchased in May 2019 at Gas Showroom Chatswood for $2,000.00.

Weber BBQ

Just got this off a friend who was moving and didn't have space for it. OMG what lovely chops it makes. I've cooked lamb, pork, beef chops and also BBQ beef and liver. It cooks evenly and quickly. And ready to clean. You can remove the web and place it on a table meeting it the web-Q

Purchased in July 2019.

Easy and clean cooking.

Great BBQs, I got the Weber Q and the Family Weber Q premium, great for cooking of all types meat, bacon and eggs with no mesh or burning. Furthermore they are very easy to clean.

Purchased in January 2019.

Even Heat DistributionYes
That's great to hear Hans! We're so glad that you're loving both your Weber Q and Family Q. Happy barbecuing :)

WEBER - THE COMPANY

I recently had a problem with my Weber Style 6742 Thermometer. I posted a fairly negative review about the initial response I received from a phone call to Weber. However within a day I received a response to my review from Weber. I was given an email address to further explain/comment on my issue, which I did. Also within a day I was responded to via email by Weber and the whole issue was handled & resolved so professionally. I, along with many Australians I suspect, think of Weber as our Aussie bbq and as being a reliable, affordable brand. My recent experience with Weber reinforces that feeling to the max. How good is it in these times when a large company responds to an issue within a day and deals with the problem the best way they can, which in this case exceeded my expectations. Good on you Weber, wish there were more like you. Ta.

Purchased in January 2016.

Great BBQs

Weber have always made excellent products and the weber Qs are no different. Using the new weber Q is a different style of BBQing, you need to cook with the lid closed to make the most of them but once down pat they make awesome BBQ as well as roasts and the like

Purchased in February 2016 at Harvey Norman for $750.00.

Even Heat DistributionYes

Great product and excellent after sales service!

Great BBQ and perfect for us. We originally bought when we were living in an apartment due to its compact design not taking up much space but have since moved to a family home and haven't even thought to go bigger since it looks good, and can comfortably cook for 6-8 people.

Not the cheapest BBQ on the market, but the quality shows, and doesn't seem to be anywhere near as much gas as the traditional BBQs we've previously had that were purchase from the big name hardware store...

We've had ours since around 2013, the ignition switch has just failed - but Weber are now sending us a new one free of charge and provided an instructional video showing how to fit.

Excellent service, and very happy with the product.

Purchased in October 2013 at Barbeques Galore for $799.00.

Best BBQ ever

This bbq is an outstanding piece of cooking equipment that produces some of the finest cooked food we've had. Whole roast chickens golden brown and crispy on the outside and totally succulent and juicy on the inside is one example. We often use it instead of the oven.

Purchased in August 2018 at The Good Guys for $625.00.

CHEAP Plastic BBQ

I ordered a family Q and received it Monday .
I started to assemble and was shocked that all the parts are plastic except the top and bottom hoods and not metal as I expected from the cost $800 of the item .
I just wanted to let you know how dissatisfied I am with the quality of materials of the bbq I received . Plastic and light weight aluminium.
I would have been better off repairing my old bbq.
Regards
Joe

Purchased in May 2019 for $800.00.

Even Heat DistributionNo
Hi Joe, we're sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the product. What I can tell you in hopes of setting your mind at ease, is that the parts are actually made of more durable materials than just plastic. The body of the Q is made from cast-aluminium (lid and body), the cooking grills are cast iron and porcelain coated, it has a thermoset lid handle, 2 thermoset swing out work surfaces and a glass-reinforced nylon frame. If it were all made of metal, the work surfaces would get too hot and not be able to be used easily. The products used have been thoroughly tested and are perfectly fine to be used with heat. I hope that helps clarify some things for you, and please if you need any further information, let us know.

Very good bbq. Bit pricey

The Weber is a great bbq. Everything cooks very evenly. It's annoying that you have to purchase the hotplate separately( only comes with two grill plates). Easy to clean. Very happy with it.

Purchased in April 2018 at Myer Online Store for $600.00.

Even Heat DistributionYes
Hi Kaz, thanks for your feedback on the hotplate. We hope you enjoy your Weber Q!

Customer service is great

It hardly uses any gas yet there is enough heat.
My grill rusted after 8 years I rang Weber to order another, they said it shouldn’t rust so we will send it for free.

Purchased in January 2008 at Barbeques Galore for $800.00.

Even Heat DistributionYes

It’s been the best thing!

I would highly recommend this bbq, it’s not only a bbq, it’s also a Weber & spit all in one, along with a pizza maker, I cannot fault the product, not to mention the after service for this product is outstanding!!! Extremely happy!

Purchased in March 2017 at The Good Guys for $500.00.

Even Heat DistributionYes
Thanks for your review Tammy! We're so glad to hear you're loving your Family Q.

Good sized BBQ with consistent good results

Looking at the price of the Q2000 and the more sturdy stand that comes default with the Q3000, it made more sense to buy the larger Q3000. I use this occasionally and is left outside in a covered balcony.

Pros:
+Cooks food well and consistently. The closed lid cooking cooks meat faster.
+Cleaning is easy as there’s no deflector shield. All the grease drips to the aluminium tray. The remaining grease wipes easily with the aid of oven cleaner.
+the folding flaps Makes the Weber occupy less space which is a valuable commodity in an apartment.

Cons:
-For the pice of the bbq, I would expect thermometer. Paying a significant premium for Q3200 didn’t make sense. I use a Weber Igrill to keep track of the temperature now.
-The positionin of the gas cylinder and front cover, makes it less convenient to access the valve. In fact I accidentally left the cylinder open and emptied it :D
-I did notice some paint from the lid where it comes in contact with the grill chipping off a bit.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $740.00.

Even Heat DistributionYes

Compact yet handles a family roast

The Weber has been great as I live in a unit and patio space is limited. I can cook a roast for the family without heating up or messing up the kitchen. It’s very easy to use and easy to clean.

Purchased in September 2018 at Appliances Online for $650.00.

Even Heat DistributionYes
Thanks for leaving a review! We're glad you love your Weber barbecue.

Cooks great!

Love to cook lamb and squid on this. Wings are good too but you just gotta be a bit more patient to cook it thorough. Many great nights would definitely recommend.

Purchased in February 2019.

Best Ever

This BBQ would have to be the best I have ever owned. It cooks perfect and the usage of gas is far less than other makes I have had. Easy to clean.

Purchased in January 2019.

Good BBQ, terrible patio cart

The BBQ works fine, although the patio cart makes it very difficult to move around without risk of damaging your back and/or feet. The location of where you lift the cart from is too far from your body and is directly above the legs of the trolley, meaning you have to do the "Weber shuffle" to move it. I have been in contact with their customer service area who said lift it higher, and that it was not meant to be moved with the gas bottle in it. Both are poor responses, as lifting it higher does not help, and selling a patio cart that houses the gas bottle which you have to remove each time you want to move it seems unrealistic. This is a fundamental design flaw, beware.

Purchased in December 2017.

Even Heat DistributionYes
Hi Peter, thanks for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your struggles. While they do have the capacity to move, the Family Q barbecues are typically a stationary barbecue in a backyard, and therefore aren't designed to be moved THAT often. Every once in a while, perhaps. But our customer service team is right- just lift it a little higher and it should be above your feet and avoid them. You could also try standing a little further away from the trolley to avoid your feet getting hit. Thanks.Thanks for the further feedback. My comments stand. Lifting higher and standing further away makes this a certainty for a back injury, whether it is used frequently or not. To call this a patio "cart" and then say it is typically stationary is stretching the words. I would be much happier to hear that you had recognised the problem and were looking at how to resolve it in future model designs. Clearly not.

Hi my Family Webber Q lid won't close properly unless I push the bottom part in as I close the lid and the grills drop down onto the gas burners when I open it sometimes can I get this fixed? I think the housing is warped.
Hi Tia, it does sound like the cookbox has warped, but this is definitely something we can fix. We need a bit more information like your serial number and some images if possible, so can you please email us at social@weberbbq.com.au and we will go from there. ThanksHi Tia can you email a pic at aloysiousdacunha@hotmail.com and ill get a better understanding of the problem and reply. Aal

I have a Weber q 3100 that’s lpg, and wanted to convert to natural gas, how much would this cost me to do, and we’re can I buy the kit to do it?
Hi Tom, we can organise that for you. Please call us on 1300 301 290, have your serial number ready and we can supply the parts. Depending on your area, there may be a need for a technician but that will be determined when you call us. Thanks!

Hello, Does Weber make a portable (for a travel trailer) 2 burner propane Barbeque? I do not need a cart / trolley has it goes in the bed of nun pick up when we travel. I currently have a Weber Q single burner but I am looking to upgrade to get the ability to cook different items at different temperatures. Thank you, Dave
Hi Dave, the Weber Q range would be the best for portable gas cooking. If you're after something that has two separate zones for cooking, you could look at the Pulse Electric BBQ. The 2000 model has two separate burners perfect for dual zone cooking, you'd just need a generator to run it. You can find product information here: https://www.weberbbq.com.au/barbecues/electric/pulse/pulse-2000-grill/ Let us know if you need any further info :)

Weber Family Q Standard (Q3100AU)Weber Family Q Premium (Q3200AU)Weber Family Q Q300Weber Family Q Q320Weber Family Q Q305
CategoryGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQsGas BBQs
Weight34 kg35 kg
Gas TypeLPG and Natural GasLPG and Natural Gas
Number of Burners/Zones 22
Gas Rate 22.9 mJ/hr22.9 mJ/hr
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateFeb 2013Feb 2013
Replaced byWeber Family Q Standard (Q3100AU)Weber Family Q Premium (Q3200AU)

• MPN: 56017224