Webjet.com.au

Webjet.com.au

1.3 from 1,256 reviews

1.3

1,256 reviews
  • Trip Completed Yes (46) · No (228)
  • Ease of Booking

Horrible service, never again

I booked tickets for the 14th of April through Webjet with Etihad Airlines. I paid $120 on top of the ticket price for insurance in case the flights were cancelled or something happened. Due to the COVID-19 circumstances, the flights were cancelled by Etihad Airlines. I have been trying to get a refund for weeks now but they will not do anything about it because we "didn't read the terms and conditions" that states that in a situation like this (pandemic) you're not able to get a refund. I think this is unacceptable, why did I insure my ticket then? Never book through them, no one will talk to you if you want money back.

sin

sinMelbourne

Terrible In A Crisis

Horrendous

I bought flight tickets through Webjet with Etihad for April 14th. I wanted to be sure I get my money back if these flights would be cancelled so I paid $120 for insurance for my ticket. Obviously flights were cancelled by Etihad airlines due to the current covid-19 circumstances. Til today Webjet don't want to give me any of my money back, their excuse is that we didn't read the full terms & conditions of the insurance that says I'm not eligible for a refund in the case of a pandemic. I don't understand why did I pay $120 for insurance on top of the ticket? No answers from them, they don't even answer the phone anymore. Never book anything through them.

Tania

TaniaSydney, NSW

Don't deal with Webjet or Nexus Holidays

I paid a deposit $1078 to Webjet in November 2019 for two 13 day Discovery China Tours to travel on 16 May 2020. Due to Covid 19 the tour was cancelled. After numerous phone call I was told initially that Webjet was going to give us a full credit for the deposit. Later on, I found out the Webjet decided to palm it off to their third party tour company, Nexus Holiday. Webjet made it clear that they were no longer wanted to deal with us even through we paid the deposit through them. Nexus Holiday is only going to give us a partial refund in 12 weeks time and with a $400 non-refundable portion. We are both pensioners and don't think why we should be out of pocket 37%. I will never deal with webjet or nexus again.

Booking Type Accommodation, Flights and Tour
Sam

SamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Never Again

I would advise people to be very careful when booking holiday packages with Webjet. They take your deposit then pass you onto an unknown wholesaler. In our case it was a company called Nexus Holidays who are not even registered with the AFTA. Needless to say Nexus has a terrible rating with awful reviews and Webjet (who take the original booking) will not help out in any way. Avoid the hassle and go through an accredited travel agent who will find you a decent, honest company to travel with. I will never use Webjet again.

Booking Type Tour
David C.

David C.Sydney, NSW

Appalling service.

The problem with WebJet is they think they have the right to ignore you. Pay your money and then leave us alone - that’s their internal mantra.
Booked flights to NZ. Obviously Covid19 has changed things. But trying to get a refund or any info at all is impossible. They simply refuse to respond. We have waited months for any contact - every email and phone call is simply ignored. Do not trust them. There are better solutions. Simple as that.

Wazza Pavey

Wazza PaveySouth East Queensland, QLD

Webjet wont even provide a credit for a future travel, they just want to take your money

I booked and paid in full for a Canadian Rockies and Alaska cruise in August 2020 and due to COVID-19 I have asked Webjet for a credit so we can use next year. They don't want to do this and just want to take our money. We went with Webjet as they are advertised as Australian owned. Has anyone else had issues with Webjet?

Booking Type Cruise and Tour
Gary E

Gary EGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

DISGRACEFUL! Airlines refund your money but Webjet keeps it? I'm joining Class Action at Slater & Gordon

Qantas is refunding money to customers for flights they cancelled. But webjet refuse to reply and continue to hold on to your money! If I don't get my mponey back in 7 days then I will refer this to lawyers Slater & Gordon. https://www.slatergordon.com.au/class-actions/current-class-actions/travel-vouchers

Bruce

BruceBrisbane

Disgused by the lack of correspondence!

Now I get that Covid 19 has thrown us a curve ball. Don't get me wrong, but having done the right thing and used their online portal to cancel our holiday flights to Perth several days before the due date, I have yet to receive any kind of follow up from Webjet to let me know if we get our money back, or at least a flight credit. I think I've been patient, the flight was due out March 31.
How about you give your team an JOB Webjet, and start contacting your clients to keep us up to date with what is happening to our millions of dollars, currently sitting in your bank account?!!

Mark Oliver

Mark OliverAU

Terrible

Long time user of Webjet
However the handling or lack of with the Covid-19 situation has been terrible and no reply to any emails at all
Will NEVER use Webjet again

Trev

TrevSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not refunding for international flight and airline says Ok too

Singapore airlines has given OK to refund money for ticket but as bought ticket via Webjet - Singapore wont deal with matter but Webjet are not responding. I have no choice but to contact ACCC and court.

Mandy RHunter Region, NSW

Webjet not passing on refunds

julie c

julie c

Current affair story tonight

Booking Type Tour

Georgia M.South East Queensland, QLD

All issues resolved

Had a package deal to Hawaii booked for May when my flights got cancelled due to COVID. Initially I held off contacting Webjet due to the warnings of long waits, a month before my trip I contacted Webjet via online chat, and phone call and got connected to a consultant straight away all 3 times. I was issued a full credit for my flights and a full refund for the hotel without many dramas. Happy with the end result.

Booking Type Accommodation and Flights

Do not touch with 50 ft barge pole

Booked for wife with her name, havent received the certificate for changing names. My card had my surname. The software used the card payers name on the ticket. No fly

Boycott Webjet

Belinda M

Belinda MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Webjet not responding or refunding !

Aussie traveller

Aussie travellerNorth Queensland, QLD

Lodge a complaint with the ACCC

Like everyone else on this site I have been told lies by Webjet regarding a $9000+ refund for cancelled flights. The have made trying to contact them impossible. I have lodged a complaint with the ACCC and strongly suggest everyone who has suffered at the hands of webjet do the same simply by filling out a form on the ACCC website. Its not difficult.

Kiera

KieraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Resolved quickly without any issues

Booking Type Flights

We need answers regarding our cancelled flights!!

We booked return flights from SA to Australia with Webjet. We sent an email before our flight requesting clarification should the airline cancel and were told, should the airline cancel, we would get a refund. Our return flight was cancelled with no offer to reschedule or refund. I can't get a response from anyone. Still waiting to be contacted.... had to book alternative flights at premium price to get back before lockdown on the 26 March.It has cost us a further R40000 , having to rebook with Quantas to get back to SA before the lockdown.

HelenDasked

I still have outstanding flight change requests from 15th March and 1st April (all flight dates now passed). Can you please advise when I can expect a response??

Georgia M.

The best way to sort things out through Webjet is calling them, go through the general enquiry option

HelenD

Thanks. Will try that. Haven't been able to get through in the past

Carol S.

Carol S.asked

Hi I booked a package with Webjet to Japan last year. I didn’t realise there was a third party involved when I bought but there was and it was called tomato travel. I paid a deposit to you guys for which you have given me a voucher 2500 however there is still another 3600 outstanding that tomato travel says they can’t refund me for. My insurance company will not pay out either as they offered a September postponement for more money which obviously I would not be able to go on due to covid. I was wondering if you can help me. I understand tomato travel might have to wait a few months to find out what’s going on however I did book with you not Tomato travel. I am happy to have a voucher for the outstanding money if you can do that kind regards Carol Stapley.

Mandy R

We are having similar problems, slater and gorden lawyers are looking into a class action against 3rd party booking agencies including Webjet, please go to their website and register your complaint, they have already promted flight centre to do the right thing by the threat of a class action let’s hope they can do it for us with Webjet!

Cheryl

Cherylasked

I recently rang webjet exclusives asking for a refund instead of an ecard credit.
Previous to that call I rang them a number of times requesting a refund only to be fobbed off with excuses.
I was told that the only thing I can do is refuse the ecard they will then send me a letter so I can claim from my travel insurance.
The only problem there is if I refuse the credit and try and claim off my insurance and get refused by them I lose close to $11,000.
I have until 12th April 2021 to use the ecard after that any money left on it is lost.
I can't see how they can legally get away with not refunding.
I would definitely be in on a class action against them.

Adam
Adam

Count me in on that; their mishandling of requests is shocking. No questions, they just act and play games with OUR money...

Don
Don

I have experienced exactly the same lack of customer service after many attempts to contact Webjet Exclusives for a refund not an e Gift Card. They fob you off with generic replies and refuse to refund.
I understand that Travel Insurance Policies will not ordinarily pay out as a result of a pandemic unless specifically covered in your particular policy.
Like you Webjet Exclusives have $14,000 of my money, did not provide the service I paid for and refuse to refund........where is the ethics, morals and justice in that?!
There must be many people in a similar situation and we all need to voice our discontent with how Webjet Exclusives are handling this situation!

Mandy R

Same they have about $18000 of our money, my husband is contacting slater and Gordon lawyers tomorrow about a class action

Get an answer from our members and Webjet.com.au representatives