Webjet.com.au

Webjet.com.au

1.3 from 1,006 reviews

Very Disappointing about the Free Cancellation Claim made which turned out to be Non refundable!

I booked a hotel accommodation in London for the 13th and 14th of July 2019 and the terms mentioned in bold was for Free cancellation. I rang back two days later to understand if there were any charges involved in order to cancel and was informed that the booking was non- refundable. I was asked by the customer service if I had taken a screen shot as evidence that the fare had a free cancellation term. I had a look online and the hotels were still being advertised with the free cancellation clause. Mentioned this to customer service and was told that the rates were different! Made a complaint and was told that webjet will contact me. Its been two days now and WEBJET have yet to contact me!! 15 June 2019

Booking Type Accomodation

Excellent trip to Egypt

My husband and I booked to go to Egypt through Webjet in May 2019. (We had used them before for a trip to China.) The cost of the trip was very reasonable and no hidden costs except the tipping.
What a wonderful time we had!
The tour guide Ahmed Abd Elaziz was a lovely knowledgeable man who was so patient with everyone on the tour. 16 Australians and 4 Kiwis. He told us all we needed to know about all the places we visited instead of a lot of facts that most people can't take in.
I just thought the one day in Alexandria was a bit short and it should be extended to two days.
We would thoroughly recommend this company.

Booking Type Tour
Hi Maureen, We are so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time on your recent Egypt Tour! we will be sure to pass on your positive feedback in regards to your guide Ahmed, and the duration of your stay in Alexandria.. .. and we look forward to assisting you with your future travels! Kind Regards, Webjet.

I was surprised

I had booked 4 plane tickets for a family trip to Hawaii. I at first was very hesitant in using internet booking as I had a very bad experience with another online company a few years before.
After searching many sites I decided on Webjet as price was a factor. Booking was actually quite good considering how nervous I was.
A week before our trip there was a family tragedy and I had to cancel one of the tickets. I communicated through the online chat consultant and explained the situation - I knew that there was a fee of somesort (as it was printed on the e-ticket receipt) and knew this could not be helped. The consultant told me it would be approximately 12 weeks to receive the refund and we would be contacted by email.
We went on our holiday and a week after we came back, a refund from webjet was back in our account. This actually surprised me.

All I can say to add is if you are considering on using Webjet online booking make sure you look at everything carefully, as you pay for your tickets up front and if you cancel for any reason be aware that you don't get a refund straight away.

After saying that, this was actually a good experience for me.

Booking Type Flights
Hi there, Thank you very much for your feedback, we are so pleased to see that your experience with Webjet was positive. We are happy to hear that your refund was processed promptly and well before the 12 weeks; As a booking agent on behalf of the Airline, we do need to adhere to the Airline's imposed fare rules so we do advise it may take up to 12 weeks though this is general advice as some airlines do take longer than others to provide credits back to travel agents before we can pass on to our customers, but it often happens much sooner! Again, thanks for your review, and we look forward to assisting you with your future travel needs! Warm Regards, Webjet.

Don't use Webjet! or The Asia Vacation group. (Melbourne)

Do not book with webjet or asian vacations!
I am so angry with this company.
I booked a holiday to Vietnam with these guys and paid in total in January 2018 for a 10th July 2019 departure. I had organised leave from work, insurance and a Visa to go in July 2019. Then about 6 weeks ago I get an email saying unfortunately there were not enough people going in the tour so it is to be cancelled. Now I do not believe this for a second, as I constantly check what is available as I use to get Webjet emails everyday and the as this was one of there "specials" it completely disappeared from their line up. I assumed at the time it was booked out. The cost was $999 for 9 days starting at the top of Vietnam to the middle and the bottom, a compressive tour I thought. I paid an extra $200 for for an extra 2 day and paid for all of the extra"s offered, which was a further $489.
When I received the email, Webjet, why very polite was n her at all. I rang the company that Webjet were representing Asia Vacation group in Queens St Melbourne, who were hopeless. There solution was to pay an EXTRA $200 and get one day LESS! Seriously, they have had my money and my friends money since January, and it was in no way our fault that they stuffed up. You would think that having our money earning them interest for over 18 months that they would just apologise and send us off on the 8th of July, Of cause, WEBJET, you can't talk to anyone, no one really cares, they just want your money and as far as they are concerned, that is it!. So I rang the Asia Vacation group in Melbourne, I am in Sydney, and they are hopeless. They didn't seem to care either. While Webjet did refund our money after about a week, the Asia Vacation group took 3 weeks to refund our money. This after they were the ones who canceled on us.
The reason why this review has taken so long to be posted, is my friend is still waiting for her money to be refunded. Rather than the group just automatically refunding our money because they cancelled on use, we had to ring and CHASE them! Unbelievable!
The other annoying thing was I had booked the Egypt, Jordon and Israel trip for September 2020, before I received the above email. I asked if I could withdraw from the booking, in light of all the trouble that I have had. They would not release me, and refund the $998 I had paid for my friend and I to go, even though, the holiday is 19 months away.
This inflexible company is not worth the hassle..... Keep away from this company and warn your friends
Worst travel experience I have ever had!
Laraine

Booking Type Accomodation, Flights and Tour
Hi Loraine, We are disappointed to hear that your booking has been cancelled as the tour is no longer operating. We would like the opportunity to look into this further and contact the supplier to ascertain what has taken place, to do this however, we would require your booking reference number so we can pass on to the Webjet Exclusives team. If you could please kindly provide this, it would be greatly appreciated, and someone will be able to contact you thereafter. Many thanks, Webjet.The order summary was #545452. Date of transaction, paid in full on 30th January 2018, for departure 11th July 2019. I have kept all of the emails and information should you like me to send you a copy? LaraineHi Loraine, thank you very much for providing these details. No need to send on your emails just yet, we have passed on your details to Webjet Exclusives management team and someone will be in contact with you soon to discuss further and let you know if more information is required. Many thanks, Webjet.

Rubbish service

Customer service difficult to contact tried for an hour.
Be very carefuul with your booking as any changes will come at high cost. Due to a glitch with my phone one of the passengers name as incorrect, I realised right away however we weren't allowed to change to correct name and were forced to cancel the ticket. $530 cancellation fee for a $1400 ticket. Not worth saving pennies using this website, book direct to airlines.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Jason, Thanks for your feedback. we have located your booking and checked your booking history. We can see that you contacted us to advise that you incorrectly booked passenger name as BRODIE when it should have been BRODY. When you contacted us, we cancelled the incorrect passenger off the booking straight away, and a new booking in the correct name was required.. but the same airfare you had purchased was no longer available and airline imposed policy is to issue on current fare which is always subject to availability at the time of booking. If you would like to discuss this further, we are available by phone 24/7, or if you are not wanting to hold, can contact us via our messaging service via the following, also 24/7. https://www.webjet.com.au/support/ Kind Regards, Webjet.Your statement is not true. I was told I was not allowed to change the name. My only option was to cancel the ticket which cost $500 from a $1400 fare. Why would I want to give you another $1400 plus for the same ticket in the correct name when you just made $500 in a couple of hours. The first person I spoke to told me he could check with the airline to change the name and the second told me I can't. I repeat its not worth small savings to use your company as any changes require or support is poor at best. The call centre is not in Australia and difficult to reach.Hi Jason, The Airlines policy could be to issue tickets on the most current fare, that means purchasing new ticket at the current value. in any case, and we appreciate it may be expensive, the fare rules are imposed by the airline and not Webjet. If you would like us to revisit this for you, please feel free to contact us. Thanks, Webjet.

A disappointing experience and review

Nightmare booking site!!!!
One star is for the worst ever booking experience!
Booking a flight online as you do today, I expect to see my transaction details, and booking confirmation. Instead you read:
Customer Service Advice
We have been unable to confirm your requested itinerary, but have retained a copy of your requirements under Webjet Booking Reference No. ................
We will now process your itinerary manually and confirm your booking within 48 hours.
*Please do not attempt to make another booking on this site or another, as this may result in a duplicate
Please wait for us to contact you. (By now they have withdrawn money from your bank account).

I contacted the Customer service team very quickly to advise this wasn't a suitable option for me and requested a cancellation and refund.
The representatives are polite but really can only work within given boundaries and a cancelation is not going to happen, what follows just gets worse time wasted and unresolved, my advice is to book direct through your Airline of choice - use this site only as a directory. Sadly they do not deserve your business.

*Really Webjet You should be asking your customer!
Question - Do you want us to hold and process your unconfirmed Booking/itinerary Answer (Yes) We will confirm your booking within 48 hours, Charges will be processed. Or Answer (No) Thank you for choosing to book through Webjet please book again.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Sharon, Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear that you have not been happy with the service provided. As you may appreciate, Webjet is a booking agent on behalf of the airlines and suppliers and our site is dynamic which means that we are displaying fares in real-time as per the airline's inventory and availability. From the time of payment to the automatic ticketing process, at times and on the rare occasion the fare you had chosen may have sold out by the airline, but this is where our Booking Price Guarantee kicks in and we will cover any increase in fare up to $1000.00 per booking. This then becomes a manual process while our ticketing team work vigilantly to find the next best fare available. We do say it can take up to 48hrs incase we need to liaise with the airline, however confirmation generally happens much faster. We can appreciate that this may not have suited you and apologise for the inconvenience. We would like the opportunity to look into your booking history, if you still require assistance or would like to discuss further, please kindly contact us via the following link 24/7 and provide your Webjet reference number and email address. https://www.webjet.com.au/support/ Kind Regards, Webjet.

Booking bad and had Flights not existing

Got right through on line booking only to not be able to load credit card due to half blank screenthen checked airline for find their flights all full so why Web jet trying to sellajardo full seats

Booking Type Flights
Hi Santiago, As a booking agent on behalf of the airlines and suppliers, our website is dynamic, which means that we are displaying all airfares in real time availability as per the airline's reservation system. This would mean that coincidently by the time you searched on Webjet and then on the airline's site, the seats had sold out. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact us 24/7 via the following link and we will be happy to assist where possible. https://www.webjet.com.au/support/ Kind Regards, Webjetunderstand that but you need to ensure your web page works and not sit blank with no where to fix it probably was 30 mins between trying and checking lets wind this up Too busy Just means 6 hours drive to a meeting each way instead of 1 hour flight because of A web page not working CheersHi Santiago, we have not had any reports from our IT department that our website has any payment errors or issues and our site is functioning as normal. We would be happy to discuss this further - https://www.webjet.com.au/support/ Thanks, Webjet

Very Happy with Webjet Exclusives

Just returned from a 22 day "Geandeur of India" with WebJet Exclusives and feel it was excellent value for money. At the price we did not expect the hotel accommodation to be as good as stated in the sales blurb but it was mostly at least 4 star with excellent breakfasts, although most were quite remote and a stroll about was not really an option.
The tour was in 2 halves. One in the Northern area & one in the Southern area. The Northern tour was very well organised and run with a good guide to shepherd and inform us all the way. The second half had no permanent guide just the driver, with very poor english, picking up a guide for a half day here and there. Many times we were left wondering what was the destination how long it we were going to be there whether we needed anything like socks to wear inside temples etc,etc. The overnight cruise was somewhat disappointing in that the boat was a bit shabby, but the crew and the food were good.
The overall score of excellent was a result of the very good accommodation together with every one of the tour people and the local Indian People being so friendly.

Booking Type Accomodation, Cruise, Flights and Tour

DO NOT USE WEBJET!

Please do not be use this so called "service", it is a complete scam! There is no personal care nor consistency with information. We had to cancel our flights to Sri Lanka due to the recent terrorist attack. The first customer service person from Webjet assured us we would get a full refund due to the circumstances and she even gave us an example of a people who were fully refunded through Si Lankan airlines. She also claimed she would tag our information so that we wouldn't need to pay the commission fee's set out by Webjet. The second person also assured us this would be the case. The third person said that we would be charged nearly half of the fee's to cancel plus we would lose our insurance ( terrorist attacks aren't covered under insurance) and all the commission fee's. My husband took half a day off work and went personally to Sri Lankan airlines in Melbourne City and spoke to a consultant who claimed they would fully refund our airfares, but we would have to go through Webjet as they may take a commission. We contacted Webjet again and they did a phone conference with a "supposedly" Sri Lankan airlines staff who rebutted the information my husband received ( though I couldn't hear a word they were saying). Exasparated by the contradictions and time taken to resolve this saga we simply felt bullied into cancelling our booking by the Webjet consultant. We believe we paid the original commission plus almost half the airfare as cancellation fee's straight into Webjet's pockets. These offshore travel services only care about the bottom line - there is no customer care or consistent service to the customer nor to the airline they are servicing. I have warned a number of friends and family especially those who use the service regularly. The final insult was being told we won't receive OUR refund/money back for up to 3 months. NEVER AGAIN!!

Booking Type Flights and Insurance
Hi Lizzi, While we can certainly appreciate your situation regarding having to cancel your trip and empathise it was due to terrible situation and terror attack in Sri Lanka, Webjet must legally adhere to the airlines imposed policies in regards to cancellation in such circumstance. As Webjet act as a booking agent on behalf of third party airlines and suppliers, once payment is made, the funds for your tickets goes directly to the airline, and Webjet only keeps our Service fee and booking price guarantee charge. The airlines cancellation penalty is kept by the Airline and not Webjet, when deducted from your refund value if it is approved for a refund. We can revisit the information advised to you but our agents, as well as with the airline for you, if you could please kindly contact us 24/7 via the below link and provide your Webjet reference number and email address used to make your booking. https://www.webjet.com.au/support/ Kind Regards, Webjet

15day Majestic Turkey 24/4/19

Initially had to change booking date so 4 in our group could travel together. Webjet at first said not allowed, but after some discussion we were able to change with no penalty.
Tour was well planned and comprehensive. We were fortunate to have a group of 12, not the 20 in other groups.
All hotels with possibly one exception were generally good to excellent.
Vehicle very comfortable.
Guide Burak was impeccable in all areas of performance. His knowledge of the history and various subjects was extraordinary. in the interest of optimising the tour he offered some interesting options which at times impacted on his personal time .He displayed enthusiasm and a willingness to do whatever necessary to ensure a most memorable visit. At all times Burak was respectful and well balanced in his presentation.
His choice of restaurants for lunch and dinner provided us with a wide range of delicious Turkish cuisine.
Staff - driver was safe and reassuring . He displayed a nice manner and willingness to go beyond driving duty which was appreciated.
The trip exceeded our expectations and I would use them again if a small group tour.

Booking Type Tour
Hi there, Thank you very much for your positive feedback and kind words. We are thrilled to see that your tour exceeded your expectations and will be sure to pass on your feedback to the relevant staff members and departments! We hope that we can assist with your future travel needs! Warm thanks, Webjet

Webjet is a blatant rip off do not use

Booked flights through webjet and accidentally booked in my married name, on my ID is my maiden name - was told by webjet I would have to pay almost as much as the tickets cost to change the name and was told expressly I could not show my marriage certificate at check in to prove who I was - the airlines had no problem with this at check in, bloody lying rip off merchants never again!!

Booking Type Flights
Hi Micky, While it is good to see that you were able to show your marriage certificate at check-in and the airline allowed you to travel on an incorrect document (a great outcome which would never be guaranteed) Webjet as a company with a duty of care, must abide by the airline's imposed fare rules... Imagine if we had not advised you to amend and you had complications at the airport? We do not impose nor retain any funds for the reissue of tickets due to a name correction, the additional charges are that of the airlines only. If you want to discuss this further, please feel free to contact us 24/7 - https://www.webjet.com.au/support/ Kind regards, Webjet.

Disappointed!

Will never book through them again. The chat agent gave me incorrect info on baggage allowance when I was booking Air Europe from Lisbon to Madrid. He told me check in baggage was included in fare. Unfortunately it was not and we ended up paying twice as much at the airport when we check in. For two bags we were €240 out of pocket!! When I expressed to them my disappointment they said I was enquiring about carry on! Why would I do that , we were spending 3 weeks in Spain and Portugal and would we bring just a carry-on? Annoyed that I had to argued with them what I know for certainty what I was enquiring about re baggage......
They are NOT doing customers a favour if they don't know airlines terms n conditions and they have no rights in selling us a "product" they are not familiar with.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Grace, Thanks for your feedback. As we keep all of our chat transcripts, we would like the opportunity to locate your chat and look into this further. Could you please kindly provide us your Webjet reference number via the below link, or call us on our 1300 number provided o your confirmation email? https://www.webjet.com.au/support/ We look forward to your contact. Regards, Webjet

Do NOT use Webjet. Zero refund or transfer available despite >6 months notice of a medical condition

We booked a week in Fiji to attend a family members wedding. This was booked 10 months in advance of the wedding because I saw webjet offering a great deal. 3 months later our daughter has a medical condition that stops her from attending the wedding so we make the decision that we can’t go either. Webjet advised me that there are no refunds or transfers available on these deals. I just forfit my $3400. I can’t even give my accomodation to another family member!!! Apparently this is in the terms and conditions but wouldn’t you think that given extenuating circumstances and more than 6 months notice they would be able to sell that room again. Really disappointed!!!! Will never use them again and will advise everyone else not to use them.

Booking Type Accomodation and Flights
Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. While we can certainly empathise in your situation and are sorry to hear that because of your Daughter's medical condition you wont be able to attend the wedding, Webjet as a booking agent on behalf of the airline, must adhere to their imposed policies regarding cancellation due to medical reasons. Depending on your fare purchased, the airline(s) often have restrictions to cancellation and amendments, but please be assured these are not Webjet policies and all funds for your tickets are with the airline. We can certainly revisit this with the airline to see what alternatives are available to you, however it will be to the airline's discretion. May we also suggest that you contact your travel insurance provider to check if you are eligible for any type of refund/reimbursement in this situation? If you would like to talk to us further, you may reach us here 24/7 - https://www.webjet.com.au/support/ Kind Regards, Webjet

Cancelled one of two flights

Cancelled one of two flights and used a visa debit card that was lost in the next few months. They said they cannot update any new cards to their system or take any new account information and to talk to my bank. Spoke with my bank twice and they said that the money will bounce straight back to them! An Australian company!? Phillipines call centre means they can’t accept cards over the phone! They don’t even have another form I can fill out for a refund it’s going to the ombudsman!

Booking Type Flights
Hi Norm, Thanks for your feedback. We can appreciate your concern, however please be assured that Webjet adhere to strict security procedures when it comes to our customers credit card information. For this reason, and for your own privacy, we do not keep credit card numbers on file, only encrypted information within your Webjet profile. For security reasons we are not allowed to take new credit card details over the phone or via text (email / chat etc) and therefore refund the original card used to make payment. Your bank where your cancelled card is governed will always contact you with arrangements to return your funds, however if they cannot, we may be able to look into this further for you with our finance department if you could please contact us with your Webjet reference number. https://www.webjet.com.au/support/ Kind Regards, Webjet

Egypt & Jordan

We recently returned from our 18 day Webjet Exclusives tour to Egypt and Jordan. We simply had a great time and the sights were fabulous and from a picture post-card.
There were some reservations about safety and security but we should not have worried as Webjet and the authorities did a superb job of keeping us safe and protecting us from too much local pressure.
The guides (Ahmed-Helmy in Egypt and Feisel in Jordan) did a superb job in educating us about the wonderful treasures of these two countries. The guides and the experience they delivered to the small group of 18 was first class.
We had not traveled with Webjet before this tour so expectations were high and we should not have worried as not only was the tour superb but the arrangements were absolutely spot on leaving the tourists with very little over which to concern themselves.
Surely this tour has one of the highest degrees of difficulty of any in the world and it was delivered in full.
Would we travel with Webjet again? Absolutely.
Was the tour good value? Absolutely.

Do not use this website! Very disappointing. Offers no service.

I used webjet to purchase flight from melbourne to Sydney. When I check the price if I book directly, Webjet charged me 2x more expensive. I’m very disappointed, and they charged me $30 for service fees. The customer service is very not helpful and they could not provide a good explanation. And their term is very misleading, they said book price guarantee and charged me fees for that.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Tjau, thanks for your feedback. While we don't always claim to be the cheapest, we are extremely competitive in our pricing, even with our Webjet service fee, we are often cheaper than our competitors, or direct. As our website is dynamic, we find it strange that the price was twice the amount, as our website is pulling fares directly from the airline reservation system, that have been loaded by the airline directly! In regards to our Booking Price Guarantee, This fee means we guarantee the price you see on the screen to the extent that, unlike other websites including the airlines, you can select a fare and before you have paid for it that last seat at that fare price may be sold from under your nose if someone was quicker to make the booking than you. In that case you get a screen message at the end of the transaction to say the price has just gone up so where this happens we upgrade your fare behind the scenes at no cost to you up to the value of $1000.00 per booking. If you would like further clarification, please feel free to contact us 24/7 via the below link and we will happily look into for you. https://www.webjet.com.au/support/ Kind Regards, Webjet.

Do NOT use this site

Overcharged because of your sleezy shifty billing- they advertise one price and then they add an additional 1/3 of fare - a complete rip off - ring the airlines direct- and don’t answer their phone either

Booking Type Flights
Hi Gina, Thanks for your feedback, we would be interested to look into your booking history further, as we will never charge you any extra without your approval! If you could please kindly contact us on the following link and provide your Webjet reference number? https://www.webjet.com.au/support/ Our phone lines are also 24/7 so we are always ready to take calls. Many thanks, Webjet

They lied

Typed a W instead of an E in a name, they told me the airline charge $100 to change which is outrageous, because I rang them and it's $50. They have you over a barrel and you just have to pay. I will never use them again, I'll just use the website to search flights before going direct with the airline that best suits.

Then it gets better they moved my 4yo to a different booking so he isn't sitting with us on the flights

Trying to sort it out now but have spent over 20 min on hold waiting for a chat agent.

Avoid Webjet, they just make things harder.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Gracie, Webjet is a booking agent on behalf of the airlines and suppliers, and we must legally adhere to their fare rules, polices and procedures regarding name amendments. Unfortunately for the customer, the airline's do often impose varying rules for passengers who decide to book with a travel agent (not limited to Webjet) rather than book with them directly. The $100 fee advised is what the airline have advised us to charge their customers, Webjet do not charge any change fees. If you would like us to revisit this with the airline for you, please kindly contact us via the following link - https://www.webjet.com.au/support/ and we will happily assist. Kind Regards, WebjetWow you can respond to this more quickly then your staff can pick up a chat msg? What about mucking up our booking so a 4yo is sitting on his own? Thank goodness I rang Singapore Airlines to check everything was ok... Still waiting for it to get fixed. 40 min and counting in a chat convo

Same As All the Others That Have Given One Star

My experience is exactly the same as others that have used Webjet and in short PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM.
I went onto the Webjet site to make a booking of flights to Europe via Japan and the prices were competitive but inline with other providers. Unfortunately i opted to go with Webjet, rather than the others, as they are an ASX company and i thought they would have good robust and ethical processes, how wrong was i.
I went through the booking process and it was easy enough but then clicked the payment tool bar and as soon as i had done this a message popped up saying they could not guarantee the flights. Other sites i used also did this at the payment stage but never processed the payment, Webjet did so straight away, so in short they have taken my money for the whole trip AND THEN stated that they could not provide the service which i thought i was getting.
I then spent 4 hours with their customer service team online, (I couldn't find a phone # to call), trying to get my money back, to add "insult to injury the customer service person used the words "Apologies if you find it too confusing" which basically treated me like an idiot.
After several hours they came back and said they would honor the flights but without a lot of details and also ask me to confirm if i wanted to accept them, there and then. Based on my dealings with webjet and just the complete lack of trust that they would do anything ethical, i questioned if this was still the premium economy flights that i had originally booked and which Webject had taken the money from from my account for. They then came back and said that by the way i would need to pay more money which i just could not believe, how can an ASX listed company adopt such shocking and unethical business practices. If i had just accepted their offer in the belief that i would get the same deal that i had originally booked and paid for i would have then been hit with more charges, again this is an ASX company, how can they operate in this way. My complaints are the same as many others before me on this site and despite all the poor ratings they have done nothing to fix their processes which says a lot about the company.
I used other websites and if the flights could not be confirmed they had a pop up stating that no money would be deducted, not Webjet, straight into my account and then you have a battle on your hands trying to get it back again. But they do give you a lot of motherhood statements just to pacify you but no real action. Oh, and also while i was meant to be sitting down to a family birthday dinner i spent 4 hours online with webjet, including waiting for a long time while an agent said she was going to check to see what she could do, however after waiting for 30 mins i realised that she had just cut me off so i had to go back and start the process again. To say i am disgusted with webjet and their business practices is an understatement.
I am just glad that i have recorded the whole online discussion process and will investigate what breaches of any ACCC laws they have made.

Booking Type Flights
Hi Bruce, We are sorry to hear that you have not been satisfied with your experience with Webjet. We aim for a high level of customer service, so its disappointing to read that you feel you were treated like an idiot, and although not acceptable, would be fairly certain that this was not the agent's intention. As an Australian, public company on the ASX, we can assure you that we are ACCC compliant across all facets of our site, from the information displayed, to our procedures post booking. In regards to the confirmation of your ticket, Webjet's site is dynamic which means that we are displaying absolute current and real-time availability as per the airline's inventory. On a rare occasion, after the booking process but prior to ticket issuance, the fare you have selected and paid for may have sold out by the airline, and this is where our booking price guarantee kicks in ie; Webjet will cover any potential increase in cost to the next available airline fare, up to $1000.00 per booking. We can appreciate that this may have been inconvenient as tickets were not instantly issued as normal in this instance, but our team does work vigilantly behind the scenes to provide alternatives and/or confirmation as soon as possible. If you would like to discuss further, please feel free to contact us (our phone number is displayed clearly on your confirmation email), or via the following link. https://www.webjet.com.au/support/ Kind Regards, WebjetSo instead of the sanitised response above can you advise on the following points - 1. Why I was disconnected from your help line on 2 occasions including once when I had spent 4 hrs late at night communicating with her, and then guessed that after having not got a response for 30 minutes that she had simply left the conversation. Oh, and there was no subsequent follow up by email or phone the next day, so I tend to think the disconnection was deliberate. 2. Why was webjet offering exactly the same flight, at exactly the same price on the mon morn which was almost 48 hrs after you had informed me that you could not meet the booking conditions. (this was verified by a webjet employee who was on the phone to me at the time). One of the accc's criteria for being in breach of the law is - A. You must not accept payment for goods or services if: Iii. You know, or should have known, you would not be able to supply the goods or services in a timely manner. You had advised me almost 48hrs prior to the mon when the fare was still being advertised that you could not supply the flight so why was it still being offered, that's up to the accc to decide anyway. 3. Why did webjet deduct funds from my account after you had confirmed that you could not supply the booking. Note that other sites I visited did not allow funds to be deducted if the booking conditions could not be fulfilled. 4. Why does webjet get so many 1 star reviews on this website and others - generally up in the 80's and 90% 5. During my 4 hrs on the so called help line I was advised webjet could get the flights and was asked to make a decision there and then, at the time there was no mention of any extra payments. After further questioning, ( because I did not trust what I was being told), I found out that despite the webjet's so called contribution I was still going to be charged more, why didn't the customer service agent advise me upfront that further charges would apply, if I hadn't asked I wouldn't been told. 5. Why haven't I haven't been issued a receipt for the funds you deducted from my account. Perhaps if you started to address some of the issues behind your 1 star ratings, rather than trying to tell aggrieved customers they are wrong, you may spend less time working on these complaints.

Incorrect hotel information and bad customer services

Two Major issues.
> Booking issues, they book you in flights they don't have as their systems are from 1800's . Then keep you money and refund has to be chased everyday.
> They incorrectly state hotels are 4 star when the are not even 2 star and very unsafe for women.

So if webjet can't get flights right or hotels, what service are they providing?

We booked hotel for 8 days in Pattaya through Webjet, Nova Platinum. Once we reached we realised
1. it is not a 4 star hotel
2. The rooms are mainly used for paid sexual services for people who come to Pattaya for such services.
3. unsafe and unhygienic!

I messages through chat app twice to webjet stating all the 3 points, literally leaving me to tears but on deaf ears they blamed on Expedia, stating that's their hotel information provider. I booked through webjet it should be their responsibility not a third party! shame for blame game! I contacted the hotel reservation they can't help as only webjet can help us cancel or replace hotel which they refused to help stating talk to hotel, again even after stating the hotel has said webjet can do it if I deem it unsafe but webjet did not help.

They said someone will contact me but nothing even after 10 days.

We cut our losses by leaving the hotel and losing all our money for the accommodation and moved to a proper hotel! As our safety was more important than money in a different country. Quite angry about no communication and loss of her money. It doesn't grow on trees webjet, we work hard and sae to go on a holiday which you ruined.

Booking Type Accomodation and Flights
Hi NChau, Thank you for your feedback. Webjet is a self-service booking agent on behalf of the airline's and suppliers, and do sell travel / accommodation which has been loaded by the third party providers directly into our portal, and while travel to destinations and accommodation at selected hotels are to the customer's discretion and should be researched to ascertain if suitable prior to booking, we would be happy to revisit the hotel's policy regarding your concern. If you could please kindly send us a message via the following link, it would be greatly appreciated. https://www.webjet.com.au/support/ Many thanks, Webjet.Well you advertise yourself as travel agents. Travel agents advise what kind of product they are selling. Once a consumer buys something from an agent you can't palm off your responsibility by saying yes I took your money but it's someone else's fault. I have booked several times with other travel agents and they hold responsibility of adverting items and helping customer whom you took money from, you are currently false advertising by selling your inferior quality products as first class items. I have already had more than 2 conversations on your support link, especially when I was in Thailand. the second day itself, I was advised I will be called back to discuss the issue but no one called back. I messaged again on same support portal and again false promises, I will be called and no one did. By keep asking me to log a support ticket doesn't help. Why don't you read the previous comments and conversations I have already had with your team? And what I want to know is why did you not call back and help when I required it than justifying your false advertisement of products by blaming "third party"Hi NChau, In response to your below comment; ***** "By keep asking me to log a support ticket doesn't help. Why don't you read the previous comments and conversations I have already had with your team? And what I want to know is why did you not call back and help when I required it than justifying your false advertisement of products by blaming "third party" ***** As you may appreciate - we can't possibly know your booking details based on your name 'NChau' in this review site - we have no insight to your booking reference from here, hence why we have asked you to contact us further to provide these details. Without this information, we cannot look over previous correspondence and your booking history. If you would like further assistance, please contact us via the link advised previously - https://www.webjet.com.au/support/ Thanks, Webjet.